Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Getting into 8th Gym?

Question asked by ellie_ready on
Last Modified:

Getting into 8th Gym?

I have all 7 badges and have beaten Giovanni at Silph co but the 8th gym is still locked...anything else needed to get into the 8th gym???

Add your answer

Please be as detailed as you can when making an answer. Answers that are too short or not descriptive are usually rejected.

Please do not use this box to ask a question, it will be rejected - this box is for answers ONLY. If you want to ask a question for this game, please use the ask a question box which is above on the right.

Accept submission terms View Terms

You are not registered / logged in.
If you would like to ne notified if/when we have added this answer to the site please enter your email address.

We will only use this address to email the confirmation for this answer.

Pokemon Yellow Digital Walkthrough and 100% Guide

Answers
JTStroupe answered:

Have you gotten the secret key

Showing all replies
Guest said: 6th Mar 2014 | REPORT
yes
Guest said: 26th Feb 2015 | REPORT
i have
it
TRISTAN508 answered:

Go over to the start of the Pokemon leuge & you should battle gary after that you can get the 8th badge in the gym

Showing latest replies - show all (5)
Guest said: 21st May 2014 | REPORT
Im stuck in the same spot! Idk what to do!
Guest said: 7th Aug 2014 | REPORT
on mine team rocket hasent left celadon city and im having the same problem maybe team rocket not leaving has something to do with it....
Guest said: 18th Jun 2015 | REPORT
Where do I find secret key and how do I get to last gym
Guest said: 17th Nov 2016 | REPORT
i am still quite stuck as well.. i saved getting hm01 at ss anne until this point, fortunately i can just trade my pikachu and try again.
Guest answered:

When my gym was locked I went through all the gates to go too the Indigo league and I found out that I forgot a badge (rainbow) and had to beat them.

Jonathan Cooper answered:

The 8th gym IS NOT the gym thats locked in Viridian city!!! Frist beat the dude in Saffron City and team rocket. Remember saffron city is kinda hidden. You need to give the guards water from that huge mart to get into the city. That's the only way.

After you do that and you're still missing a badge and Viridian city "gym" is still locked then find out what badge you're missing by going to the Indigo league and it will tell you. I was missing the thunder badge which is under Saffron City. I would bet 1000$ that's everyone's problem!! Beat that gym in Vermilion City and you'll be golden. After that you'll be able to beat the one in viridan city!!

You're welcome! Took me forever to figure that out ha.

Showing all replies
Guest said: 10th Apr 2023 | REPORT
you owe me 1000$ I have all 7 badges and beat team rocket 4
Guest answered:

Go to Celadon City mart all the way up on the top floor and buy soda pop f on the vending machine. Give it to the guard on the right side of town and you will be able to get the marsh badge from Saffron City.

If you are still looking for help with this game we have more questions and answers for you to check.

Need Answers?