Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

What do I do in altering cave?

Question asked by julez_itty on
Last Modified:

Question for Pokemon LeafGreen

What do I do in altering cave?

Add your answer

Please be as detailed as you can when making an answer. Answers that are too short or not descriptive are usually rejected.

Please do not use this box to ask a question, it will be rejected - this box is for answers ONLY. If you want to ask a question for this game, please use the ask a question box which is above on the right.

Accept submission terms View Terms

You are not registered / logged in.
If you would like to ne notified if/when we have added this answer to the site please enter your email address.

We will only use this address to email the confirmation for this answer.

Pokemon Leaf Green Walkthrough and Guide
Pokemon LeafGreen Guide
Our complete guide to Leaf Green is takes our through the whoel game, with guidance throughout to help you complete your Pokedex, accompanied with s..

Answers
FIRELINK answered:

You know,I'm not sure.I think it has something to do with running into Pokemon with an action replay.Like the legendaries or pokemon that won't obey you like mew or deoxys.

ShadowGX answered:

There is nothin' you can do unless you have an e-reader. Yur supposed to be able to use that with the Altering Cave somehow. I'm not sure about the details.

~SGX

acgmindmaster12 answered:

All I know is to catch Zubat. I havent found anything else in it.

Zelda Fan answered:

You don't have to do anything in there,it's just a empty cave full of Zubats.

Showing latest replies - show all (5)
Guest said: 9th Jul 2016 | REPORT
How to get mystery gift
Guest said: 7th Aug 2016 | REPORT
Well to get mystery gift..
Steps:
1. Save your game.
2. Delete all your saves
3. Throw your phone ( Static Configuration )
4. Start the game again
5. When you talk to Prof. Oak he will give you Mystery Gift.
( You will still start over )
Guest said: 3rd Sep 2016 | REPORT
I'm playing it on a GBA emulator isn't their a simple cheat for this?
Guest said: 21st Feb 2019 | REPORT
Go to any PokeMart and enter the following set of words into the form on the counter
Link Together
With All

After that, save your game and restart. When u reach the screen to select your saved file, you will see the options: Saved Game, New Game and Mystery Gift....hope it works for you, because it worked pretty well for me.
Udontneed2know answered:

You need to have either an Action replay or E-Reader. After that you can catch pineco, Aipom, etc.

scyther123 answered:

You can only catch a zubat. But if you have an e-reader you can catch some other rare Pokemon. So, without the e-reader, there is pretty much nothing you can do in there.

Showing all replies
Guest said: 17th Jul 2012 | REPORT
Is this answer from experience? No need to think Im be rude but I don't know who to trust because someone said to check the safari zone..
Guest said: 2nd Dec 2012 | REPORT
you will need the adapter of gameboy advance and reicieve the mstery gift on the start and now rare pokemon will swomed up
Guest said: 8th Jul 2014 | REPORT
You can catch deoxyes in there the is a passage way go on big mount on corner and use dig
Guest said: 31st Oct 2015 | REPORT
Top,left,right,or down?
balto answered:

You can catch the regies once you trade one regi over to the game

Guest answered:

also wen you get the e reader items appear very rare ones

Showing all replies
Niko007 said: 12th Nov 2010 | REPORT
what is an e reader?????
Guest said: 30th Nov 2015 | REPORT
What's the e reader?
Guest answered:

it has something to do w/ mystery gift

Guest answered:

If you bring the legendary dog you caught suicune entei raikou, the other 2 are there may need action replay

Guest answered:

I Found A Shiny Zubat in That Cave

Guest answered:

what is an e reader??????

Guest answered:

i think you jest get zubats in that cave

Guest answered:

You don't get anything exept of dum level zubat's which is useless for nothing till you have an e-reader.

Guest answered:

You use the mysery gift I think it can be activated by going into a poke mart and filling out the questionnaire key in 'Link together with all' then reset the game after you do that you must have a wireless adapter connected. Then finally I think you can catch Mareep,Pineco,Shuckle,Teddiursa,Houndoor,Smeargle etc.

Showing all replies
Guest said: 25th Oct 2015 | REPORT
u can catch smeargle at the battle frontiers cave ( dunno wat name )
Guest answered:

You can't just catch zubats in altering cave you can catch several Pokemon such as Smeargle,Houndoor,Teddiursa,Mareep,Pineco,Shuckle etc. After you activate the mystery gift. The Mystery Gift can be activated by entering a poke mart and filling in a questionnaire key in 'Link Together With All' you can then activate the Mysery Gift at the title screen you must have a wireless adapter connected though hope this helped.

Guest answered:

Where are find totodile in leafgreen pls! Tell call me 09085974192

Guest answered:

theres nothing but zubats in the cave it's pointless they put that cave in the game .... Its werid

Guest answered:

You can catch some zubats..

Guest answered:

If you get the mistery gift you can catch rare pokemons

Digital Angel answered:

This has some thing to do with the game cubes e-reader and mystery gift, with it you can catch some otherwise impossible to find items.Please do not say there are only Zubats when you don't know what your talking about.Smeargle,Aipom,Shuckle,Pineco,Teddiursa,Houndo-you're
Stantler and Mareep. Altering Cave is found north of Fortune Island on Outcast Island.There is no involvement with the regi's.it's also in emerald after the elite four BUT these Pokemon are the sort of thing Nintendo has events for. These Pokemon still exist in the game code though I don't think there is a way to activate them anymore.
I have heard some pretty crazy scams involving beating the elite four six times with a shuckle a feebas and a magicarp then blah blah blah legendaries in altering cave it's completly FALSE.

Guest answered:

You only find zubats unless you have a e-reader or an action replay which allows you to catch rare Pokemon

super cheater 21 answered:

Alright I don't know what you guys are talking about but I have no ar or e reader and I see zubats, items rare bones,gastlys geodudes haunters and I've seen an legendary celibe,entie suicune zapdos and moltres so if you aciendently killed one of those legendary Pokemon and didnt save before then go to altering cave and to find them it has something to do with a big pattern the farthest I got was to 36 times without messing up because I kept track of wich was the right one

Guest answered:

You need ereader

Guest answered:

You go up down left right and you get the sapphire but a scientist steals it but gives you the second part of the password to the team rocket warehouse and you get the sapphire in their

Showing all replies
Guest said: 12th Apr 2013 | REPORT
thats the dotted hole not altering cave
KnockEmDead1996 answered:

All you can find in the cave is zubat. But I guess if you have an Action Replay you could spawn legendaries there and capture them.

The Master Ball answered:

If you use mystery gift you will get a bunch of Pokemon that you can only get in Pokemon emerald in the safari zone after you beat the elite four. But to get the mystery gift then you go to a pokemart go up to the questionnaire and fill in "LINK TOGHTER WITH ALL" and they will say save then turn the system off and on then and under the option new game click mystery gift and it will say the wireless adapter is not connected so thats why none of these people know what the awnser really is.

Hope I Helped

Guest answered:

After you get mystery gift you can catch about 7 new Pokemon from another region, look it up on serebii.net

Guest answered:

It's an event that allows you to catch rare pokemons that you cannot catch anywhere else, such as an Aipom, Houndoom etc. You require either a Action Replay or you must have attended a Nintendo Event. Without it, only Zubats appear.

Source: I finished the National PokeDex

Guest answered:

I caught a Shiny Zubat in there. You can get rare Pokemon with mystery gift. Also the Regis if trade one over the others will be here.

Guest answered:

How do I solve all regi cave

Guest answered:

Use it like mystery gift from gen2. A lot of random Pokemon that you can't get in game are suppose to appear there including shuckle making berry juice.

Guest answered:

In the altering cave there is a way to get to secret champion brendan.I haven't saw him in the game because Ifidn't do what was needed to get to brenadan

Search for more answers for Pokemon LeafGreen or ask your own question here.

Need Answers?