Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Madden NFL 2008 PlayStation 2 Cheats and Tips

Last Updated:

Want to start with good players that include superstars, unlock special teams or get high draft picks? We've go the answers you're after here.

More Madden NFL 2008 PlayStation 2 Cheats and Tips

We have 14 cheats and tips on PlayStation 2. If you have any cheats or tips for Madden NFL 2008 please send them in here. We also have cheats for this game on : Xbox 360 : Xbox : Wii : PlayStation 3 : PSP

For more Codes for Madden NFL 2008 go to:
Madden NFL 2008 Action Replay Codes

You can also ask your question on our Madden NFL 2008 Questions & Answers page.

Filter this list:

All Madden NFL 2008 PlayStation 2 Cheats and Tips - Most Popular First

Show Latest

Start out with an amazing superstar

First create a superstar. Once you get to the page where you assign attributes,make your awareness rating at 0. Then you will hav more points to spend on other attributes. But heres the catch, all you have to do is go to the iq test and fail it (wait for time to run out) and you will recieve a PDA message saying you did poorly. That makes your awareness rating at a 99! So then you will be one of the best players in the entire league without ever playing a down. This cheat works especially well for quarterbacks because with them you can assign a 99 rating to everything except one (agility or break tackle would have to be a 95).

AFC/NFC Hall of Fame Teams and Creating NFL Superstars

Unlock the AFC/NFC Hall of Fame Teams:

Complete the in-game Fantasy Challenge beating them in Supreme League mode to play as them. You will play them not as them if you don't beat them.

Create an NFL Superstar Faster:

On Gameday (Sunday) go to the Performance Institute and complete the exercise. When you leave enter your team's schedule abd then exit and return to the Performance Institute and do the exercise again. This can be done as many times as you want and will increase your chosen character's statistics faster.

Great team high draft pick in franchise

Ok first before you start the franchise trade all the good players to your team and make no trade deadline then wait until week 16 is over then trade your draft pick with theres they always accept it so you can go undefeated and have a good rookie to fill needed roster space and with training camp he could be a starter

Tactic to easily sack a Quarterback

Okay, go on any team, and when you play a game, use the Safety when your on defense. Move a little to left, or right, close enough to the Quarterback. When they get ready to play, get a little closer, and when they do run right towards the Quarterback. Dodge the other guys, and sack his face! I do this very frequently when I play it with my friend.

Easy Practice Stats (Superstar mode)

Okay, If you are a quarterback in NFL Superstar mode- When you are practicing, do a hail mary, and set the defense on field goal block. You should get 48 points per touchdown.

Easy records

If you want to make a record, but you can't even though you ae trying your hardest. The way to set a record is to create a player or team. Make the player ultimate except have his throwing power 75 and his injury 99. If you have the injury 0 he will get injured every harsh tackle.

Good players, high cap room

First, go to view roster. Go to the quarterback page and pick a sucky rookie quarterback. Click on him and select attributes. Raise the attributes you want him to have(preferably throw power, accuracy, and awareness) then click triangle

When you go back if the guys overall is 99, then he will be above peyton manning.

Do the same for all the positions.

P.s.:make sure the salary is low

P.s.s.:make sure NOT to pick the same players from the same team

Go to create a team and go to pick players or whatever they call it and choose all the good player. You will have alot of money left over, so you could a good player like champ bailey or ladainian tomlinson

Then finish creating you're team(uniform,stadium,logo,etc) and start a franchise

Don't do it

Okay,first of all,I sumbitted the cloning cheat for the ds Madden NFL 2008,and I have one thing to say.If you do it on the PS2 one, the game will freeze,so don't do it!

Easy way off the line

The quickest way off the line, is during a game, or before you recive or kick off at the beginning.First, press start and go to settings.Second, while in settings go to gameplay.Third, then go to penalty.Finally, switch offsides to none at all.This dosen't mean you can go offsides it makes you stop at the line of scrimage but you get a really good jump off the line.

Perfect Season

Go to rosters. Make every starter have stats of 99. Make sure the team you updated is your favorite. Go to superstar and when you get drafted- go to your favorite team when it asks you. You SHOULD have an undefeated season. Or atl least 15-1.

Best squad

Create four ultimat quarter back. Choose them for quarter back and then choose players ninety and over for the rest of the positions.

Perfect Picks

As soon as the Qb throws the ball,press the circle button once. It will switch you to the nearest guy to the ball. Right before the ball get to the WR, tap the triangle a few times and you are 9 out of 10 times certified a pick and if he is fast enough, hit the sideline and make a run towards the endzone. Trust me, My record is 28 ints. In one game of 3 minute quarters

Easy upgrade in superstar

I was making a free safety in superstar mode and I set his acceleration to 90 ovr and when I looked at his stats his acc was 99. I later tryed it on 0 ovr and I was 41 for acc. Then on 58 and it was on 98. I didnt go on becouse I found that if you put the awr to 0 and just wait on the iq test it puts it to 99 but anyway there are to easy ways of leveling. Thers probly more like the first. (if interested the free safety or FS can become 99 for all the stats you can choose if you do the awrness cheat)

Unlock Special Teams

Beat the in-game fantasy chalenge

Madden NFL 2008 FAQs

Madden NFL 2008 Walkthroughs
Reviews

Screenshots