Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

A Father's Atonement-My best fanfic yet, according to Cez...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 30
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 28 | 29 | Last     Next
shiny zapdos Posted: 15:55 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278343
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
Hello and welcome to something unprecented-A SHINY FANFIC WITH FIGHTING IN! w00t, as chaotic would say.

This one's all about a vengeful spirit who wants revenge on Vegeta... well, I won't ruin it for you. Check it out.

Little key here boys and girls... thoughts are in stars, telepathy's in colons, and for this bit first installment, Vegeta's dream is in two forward slashes.

A Father's Atonement

//"Vegeta..." The unknown voice called tauntingly, his tones cutting through the absolute darkness.

"Leave me alone!" The Saiyan Prince snapped lividly, straining his obsidian eyes in the jet surroundings, attempting to find and eradicate the source of his nightly torment...

"I'm going to hurt you, Vegeta," the mysterious man informed him snidely, causing Vegeta to growl.

"You can't hurt me... I'm the Prince of all Saiyans," he retorted furiously, trying to detect the masked ki the figure sported...

"Look closer to home, Vegeta..."

"What are talking about, you freak?!" Vegeta roared at him, his anger controlling him, as it had done so often in the past...

His mind wept as it flooded with images of his wife being beaten to a pulp, his son being blasted and his daughter being dragged away from her father...

"LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE!!!" The Prince screamed at the mysterious individual, collapsing onto his knees as he was forced to watch the ones he cared for being hurt...

"You did this to my family, Vegeta... what's the matter, PRINCE... you can dish it out, but you can't take it back, can you?"//

And with that, as it had done every night for the past week, the nightmare ended abruptly, leaving a breathless, shaking and wide awake Saiyan Prince.

"This is really starting to **** me off," he murmured to himself in annoyance, his dark eyes sweeping the room, landing on his mate.

"I'll never allow anyone to hurt you, Bulma," he vowed in a whisper, staring intently at her sleeping form. "You mean too much to me, whether or not I tell you so..."

*Vegeta, it's a nightmare... get over it, it's a phase of Rapid Eye Movement-it doesn't MEAN anything*, he reminded himself, but his heart told him a different story...

*The last time you had recurring dreams of this severity, Vegeta, your mother died*, his vital organ informed him cruelly, and he sighed aloud.

"Aren't you just incredibly helpful," he muttered sarcastically of it.

For only the seventh time in his existence, Vegeta knew he needed a caffeine stimulant... the other six times being the previous six nights, when this dream had begun to haunt him. As he hadn't for the past week, he knew that he wouldn't be able to sleep for the rest of the night, due to the thoughts that stalked in his mind long after he'd been aggravatingly awakened... thoughts of his children and wife being injured ripped at his soul even as he trained during the day, which, to him, was immensely irksome, as training was what he spent most of his life doing. Some would have called it a pointless exercise... the sort of people, who unfortunately for him, littered the planet-humans. His wife happened to be among them... shame really, Vegeta often ventured, that someone with such a strong will had to be stuck in such a useless race... had Bulma been Saiyan, he'd have no doubt whatsoever that she'd have been a formidable warrior.

He rolled off the bed gently, wrapped his royal blue robe around himself and teleported downstairs, to make himself some coffee, which would, with any luck, remove the thoughts of Bulma, Trunks and Bura from his mind, and allow him to get a little sleep.

"Evening dad," a voice greeted him as he entered the kitchen, and he noticed his nineteen-year-old son sat at their table, also sipping a little of the hot liquid.

"Hello," Vegeta answered tiredly, moving over to the kettle, which was still hot. He dived into the drawer for a spoon, and grabbed the sugar bowl, dipping the metallic implement into it, and picking up the nearest clean mug.

"Sleep deprivation... not too great, is it?" Trunks commented as his father bustled around the cuisine-providing complex, fixing up his caffeine burst.

"Can think of better things," Vegeta replied dryly, pouring the water onto his coffee granules, switching the kettle off and taking the seat that resided by his son.

"Well, to be honest, it's not the fact that I CAN'T sleep... it's just-well, you'd find it pathetic," Trunks informed him somewhat cordially, taking a mouthful of coffee.

Suspicion grabbed hold of the Prince, inspiring him to momentarily forget his freshly made liquidised caffeine and stare at his son.

"Tell me," Vegeta instructed, and Trunks looked a little taken aback, but continued regardless. Vegeta remembered that he preferred his refreshments boiling hot, and had a little drink of the liquid. Kami, it tasted good...

"Well, this man-it sounds like a man, anyway-keeps telling me you've done something to him, and he's going to hurt you for destroying his family... then I get this image of him hurting mum, Bura, and you-"

Vegeta's coffee spurted out of his mouth in his shock, spraying his son's grey robe and staining it in a pale brown...

"What's the matter?" Trunks enquired, looking faintly annoyed at his parent's carelessness.

"Er... nothing," Vegeta retorted sharply, stunned into silence...

So, he wasn't alone in his nightly torture... he wasn't sure if that was reassuring, or more damning. He was inclined to go with a little of both-on the bright side, at least he wasn't THAT pathetic if his son was going through the same thing... but on the flip side, didn't it make it more severe if they were sharing this experience? He'd never shared dreams with anyone, not even Bulma, who he was bonded to...

"I'm going training-want to come?" He asked abruptly, downing his coffee and standing, revelling in the wonderful rush of caffeine that flowed through his bloodstream.

"Yeah, if you want... might aid sleep," Trunks estimated, slightly perturbed by his father's reaction to his dream.

"Alright... meet me back here in ten minutes," Vegeta said stiffly, leaving his mug on the table and teleporting back to his bedroom, needing a little while alone for comprehension.

t0ms0nic Posted: 16:29 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278495
t0ms0nic
Forum GuestMember
+
Brilliant...
Cleaning up the cobwebs and un-covering a old Legend... t0ms0nic, thy name is Stupid. Approach with 50 foot long (advised more) poking stick. http://i1.tinypic.com/s3fpqa.gif = My Sprites. Don't use without permission from me. MSN me at [email protected]
Jirachi X Posted: 19:13 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278986
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
As Tom Said, Brilliant
I'm gone - bye
SS 4 Baby Vegeta Posted: 20:04 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 279117
SS 4 Baby Vegeta
Post Likes: 1
+
BRILLIANT!! absolutely brilliant!!!
[b]
^Now THOSE, Are Vampires!, Unlike the crappy Twilight!,
Man, Don't mess with Anya o_0
EPIC BATTLE!
Poor Stark, He just wants to sleep XD

Current Obsession: [color=crimson]VAMPIRES!! XD.
Cez Posted: 03:04 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279735
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
I'm sure you all know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway: fantastic! Keep it up, Zap! Although I know it's going to get better from here...
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
shiny zapdos Posted: 09:45 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279932
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay, I knew you'd like this one =D

Here's more, for your evident pleasure...

Installment two...

An hour later, father and son were sparring as Super Saiyans, at three o'clock in the morning, over near The Andes of South America.

"I cannot believe I'm sparring at 3am," Trunks muttered of himself, smashing his father under the chin, catapulting him into the side of the nearest mountain.

"I'll make a warrior of you yet, Trunks," Vegeta called, catching him off-guard, launching an energy wave at him that he only just dodged from the side of the gigantic structure of rock.

"Ow," Trunks murmured, discovering Vegeta's ki had sliced a deep wound in his arm. He glared at his father with the thunderous resolve only a warrior could give the Prince of all Saiyans, before smiling indulgently.

"That's the last time you're going to get that lucky, dad," he answered tauntingly, flying in for closer contact, and a little hand-to-hand combat... or fist-to-leg, as he preferred to think of it.

"I wouldn't stake my life on that, son," Vegeta shouted over the noise of their colliding fists, enjoying every moment of his training session with his teenage child. Any language that wasn't that of the warrior often strained Vegeta's patience... THIS, fighting to excel, fighting for entertainment, fighting to conquer every conceivable individual... THAT was what the Saiyan Prince loved. Yes, he was a father, and a husband... but first, last and always, he'd forever be a warrior...

::Vegeta...::

Caught off-guard, Trunks took the opportunity to blast his father directly into the same mountain he'd just thrown him into, and even as he was lobbed so unceremoniously, he dived into his thoughts and grabbed the mind of the man that had just spoken to him... the man that had been haunting his dreams for what seemed like an eternity...

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME???!!!" Vegeta shrieked aloud, slamming into the rock face with some severity, his arm aching as he detached himself from the large structure.

"Dad, what the hell?!" Trunks called out, flying over to the regal Saiyan in concern.

::What do I want, Vegeta? I want revenge on YOU, you son of a *****,:: the voice leered, holding Vegeta's body upright, and smashing him back into the mass of rock.

"DAD!!!" Trunks screeched, reaching his father, in time to see him pulled away from the piece of geography, only to be smacked against it once more.

Vegeta groaned in pain, not being able to shift a muscle off his own accord...

"Why do you want revenge on me... what have I ever done to you?!" He demanded weakly, trying to push the invading presence from his brain, before he decided to turn on Trunks...

::Vegeta, your arrogance precedes you-and thank you for the idea, much appreciated,:: the foreign mental manipulator taunted, utterly ignoring the Saiyan's question, and Vegeta realised, all too late, that the ******* could read his thoughts...

The Prince watched in a streak of terror as his arms shifted position into that of his signature move... the Big Bang Attack... the attack that Trunks couldn't survive...

::Now, Vegeta... it's time for you to know what it feels like to lose a member of your family,:: the mysterious individual sneered, and Vegeta, completely helpless, felt as the immense energy the move required flowed through his immobile arms...

"DAD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING???!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?! THIS IS ONLY TRAINING!!!" The oblivious Trunks reminded him loudly, shifting uncomfortably backwards, wondering just what the man he looked up to so much was doing...

"TRUNKS, GET OUT OF HERE-NOW!!!" Vegeta bellowed, gasping with the effort of trying to warn his son, as his energy began to take shape at the stranger's command.

"Why? What's going on here?"

"JUST DO IT!!!" The Prince roared, as his ki materialised, and he found himself utterly powerless against the man's manipulation... he had to get away NOW, or he'd feel the full force of the attack that would doubtlessly kill him...

"Alright," the teenager answered curtly, flying off wordlessly.

::It's not going to be that easy, Prince...:: Vegeta's tormenter informed him smugly, continuing to form energy like a man who only had several minutes to live, squeezing all of Vegeta's power into a single attack... Vegeta realised, with a stark moment of acknowledgement, that from here, not only would Trunks would be annihilated, but Bulma and Bura too...

"Guess again, you son of a *****," Vegeta snarled, his family strengthening his formerly defeated resolve considerably, his thoughts drifting to what it would be like to live without them all... "NO-ONE CONTROLS ME, AND NO-ONE, YOU *******, HURTS MY FAMILY!!!"

^^^^ Can Vegeta save them? Man, you've gotta love suspense...
Cez Posted: 09:51 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279939
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
Just as I predicted. I'm getting good at this. Keep it up, Zap.
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
Rooku Posted: 09:55 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279945
Rooku
+
I love it! LOVE! (CHECK IT OUT!check out the site in my sig!)
ÄßßÉ- well. isn't this just interesting?
shiny zapdos Posted: 10:01 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279950
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
On 23-Jul-2005 Rooku said:I love it! LOVE! (CHECK IT OUT!check out the site in my sig!)
Thank you, and I will do at some point today.
shiny zapdos Posted: 10:04 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279951
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
Just to whet your appetite slightly... you're about to find out who this guy is, and the true extent of his evil-namely, he kills someone...
SS 4 Baby Vegeta Posted: 10:04 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279952
SS 4 Baby Vegeta
+
keep doing more, you post we read
[b]
EPIC BATTLE!

shiny zapdos Posted: 10:07 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279954
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
On 23-Jul-2005 SS 4 Baby Vegeta said:keep doing more, you post we read
Will do-and good Suu Shenron, by the way.
SS 4 Baby Vegeta Posted: 10:23 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279979
SS 4 Baby Vegeta
+
thanks, tommorrow or some time this wekk i will change it to ize shenron (ice)
[b]
EPIC BATTLE!

shiny zapdos Posted: 10:45 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280032
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
On 23-Jul-2005 SS 4 Baby Vegeta said:thanks, tommorrow or some time this wekk i will change it to ize shenron (ice)
You mean San Shenron? Well, that's his English name anyway.
joslifer1 Posted: 13:34 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280520
joslifer1
Forum GuestMember
+
What? Over already? I was sure you'd have more done by now, Hol. Oh well. What I've read is--how can I put this?--fantastico!
General, if you're not using it, could I have the army for a few days?
SS 4 Baby Vegeta Posted: 18:17 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281228
SS 4 Baby Vegeta
+
hey zapdos i have all 7 shadow dragons, and could make one of them my avatar!, anyway make a new story!
[b]
EPIC BATTLE!

shiny zapdos Posted: 19:15 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281393
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
Thank you fans lol. Awesome, send me some... [email protected] dude. The next bit will be up soon-should I really kill someone? =P
shiny zapdos Posted: 19:22 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281415
shiny zapdos
Forum GuestMember
+
Oh sod it, I'll cut this one a little short, because it's not quite all done yet... but I love it anyway! Here's your answer to the question at the end of the last installment dudes...

Installment three...

Vegeta fought against the surge of ki with every atom of his being, and Trunks, sensing the battle between his father and what he could now sense going on inside him, stopped, believing himself safe as he was now a considerable distance away, and watched the Prince and his torturer try to strengthen their grips on their individual plights...

"YOU WON'T MAKE ME DO ANYTHING!!!" Vegeta screamed indignantly, pushing the man out of his mind, grappling with the telepath... he wouldn't succumb to the overwhelming temptation he was being fed by the ******* that was controlling him-the temptation to kill his only son...

The individual threw Vegeta off, but the Saiyan shoved right back... he'd never allow anyone to hurt Trunks, never-the son of a ***** could do whatever he wanted to him, but his family wouldn't suffer for his misdeeds...

::You're stronger than you look, Vegeta,:: the voice informed him tartly, and the Prince smiled, for the first time since his rather unceremonious wake-up call-he was beating him, forcing him out of his spirit, fighting so hard for the desire to move freely, but most importantly, for his family... he lost this battle, he lost them-and that would NOT happen, not while he still had breath left in his body...

"Not really... there's one thing you have to learn about me, before you try to control me," Vegeta snarled, ramming the invader with his remaining energy, throwing him off his concentration, "and that lesson is that you can do what you like to me, or at least TRY to... but you leave my family alone, or you'll be sorry."

With one last almighty shove, the full-blooded Saiyan felt his self-control return in a glorious sensation of independence, the like of which he allowed himself to enjoy momentarily before rounding on the ******* who had caused this absolute control...

... And found him, speeding towards Trunks...

At that moment, it didn't matter to Vegeta what had happened to him, how he'd been used, how his pride how been stung for the past week, his sleep interrupted... all that mattered was that Trunks wasn't manipulated as well...

"YOU JUST DON'T QUIT, DO YOU???!!!" The Saiyan yelled, flying off after him, dwindling precariously on the edge of Super Saiyan, his energy vastly depleted by what had almost been a titanic blast, and aiming a weaker than usual ball of ki at him, which smashed into the telepath and threw him to the mountain valley... father and son dived together, anxious to see the cause of their disrupted early morning training session...

... and found-nothing. They scoured the valley floor, parting off in seperate directions to cover more ground, and discovered, to their immense frustration, that the male had apparently vanished.

"Did you incinerate him?" Trunks enquired, straining his eyes to see something that was blatantly not there.

"No-even a pathetic creature like that wouldn't be killed by a blast that insignificant," Vegeta replied, shrugging, as he flew back over to his son, disappointed not to find the thing he'd make pay if he ever did encounter.

"Dad, are you alright?" His son asked anxiously, feeling how low his ki was; frankly, Trunks was shocked his father was managing to maintain the energy required to sustain the level of Super Saiyan.

"Don't be stupid, of course I'm alright," Vegeta shot back angrily, detesting showing his son how pathetic his current power was registering. He gave up the pointless battle to remain at the next level, and dropped out of it and back to his normal self, as his son had done long ago. "I think, though, that I'm tired enough to sleep forever right now..."

Vegeta fell to the rocky pit that lay at the bottom of the surrounding mountains, both physically and mentally exhausted, panting from the effort of conserving his wife and children's lives...

"Come on, dad, let's go home," Trunks said gently, picking him up and attempting to fly off with him, but Vegeta struggled in his arms so forcefully that Trunks almost dropped him.

"THE DAY I ALLOW SOMEONE TO CARRY MY HOME WILL BE MY DYING DAY-GET OFF ME, I'M ALRIGHT!!!" Vegeta protested, breaking free of his concerned son's grip and flying independently but shakily.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're alright..." the teenager muttered sarcastically under his breath, and Vegeta scowled at him as he zoomed through the icy morning air.

//"Wow, it's a pony! I LOVE ponies!"

The candy floss-coloured stallion smiled at the child, stooping down low to allow the little girl to jump onto her fuchsia saddle...//

::Bura,:: a teasing voice cut through her dream's excitement, rousing her, much to her annoyance. The daughter of Bulma and Vegeta sat up in her Princess-decorated bedroom, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"Who is it?" She asked quietly, gasping at the time Sleeping Beauty alarm clock... if her mother found her awake at this hour, there'd be a murder in the Briefs household.

::Me? Oh, I'm a friend of your dad's,:: the man who had just invaded Vegeta's mind lied to the oblivious little girl, who had no idea of the evil he was intent upon inflicting...

"Er, OK... why are you speaking in my head?" The ever curious six year old queried. "If my mum knows I'm awake, she'll shout at me."

::You're smarter than you look, Bura,:: he snapped in annoyance-he didn't have time to be wasting here when Vegeta could be back at any moment... he had to press the advantage while he still had it to press...

"My mum said that, and I think my dad thinks so too... he's a bit grumpy, but I know he likes me REALLY," she answered animatedly, her sweet voice travelling through the room and to her mother's next door... "My teacher said I'm very bright too, but she said that was because of my mother's genes... I didn't know you could learn things from denim though..."

*I cannot afford for Bulma to hear me... screw niceties, there's no time,* the callous male mused to himself, grasping hold of the little girl's mind and manipulating her as he just done her father...

"Hey, what are you doing?!" Bura cried, feeling herself move unwillingly, springing out of bed at the stranger's orders...

^^^^ Just can't be good, can it? Lol well, someone's about to die, if you lot want them to, and someone's about to lose the plot, which is always fun =D so crack on with reviews, and I'll crack on writing!
Jirachi X Posted: 19:39 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281446
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
thats pretty good
I'm gone - bye
Rooku Posted: 19:41 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281450
Rooku
+
LOVE IT!!!! Hey im a writer to! Im not good and FF's though.
ÄßßÉ- well. isn't this just interesting?
Displaying Page 1 of 30
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 28 | 29 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 262559

Post Top
Click to close