Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Platinum

What do you think?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
gangstagirl Posted at: 05:36 May10 2009 Post ID: 2616842
gangstagirl
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Yo,Gangstagirl here. I'm about to face off in the battle tower, and I was wondering, which would be the best 3 Pokemon to use? I was thinking of using a Gallade, a Mantine and a Venusaur, but I'm not sure... Do you have any suggestions on what Pokemon I could use?

Press the egg please...
Currently playing HeartGold and Soulsilver...
Golden Magikarp rules!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Mummification Posted at: 11:47 May10 2009 Post ID: 2617037
Mummification
+
+
It really doesn't matter what you take in, because the Pok�mon you face are going to be different everytime. I usually use a Fire, Grass, and Water. And I usually make it pretty far.
gangstagirl Posted at: 00:55 May11 2009 Post ID: 2617396
gangstagirl
+
+
Is it better if they have dual types?

Press the egg please...
Currently playing HeartGold and Soulsilver...
Golden Magikarp rules!
DemonOfSand Posted at: 16:51 May11 2009 Post ID: 2617767
DemonOfSand
+
+
On 11-May-2009 gangstagirl said:Is it better if they have dual types?
Usually, yes. It cuts down their weaknesses, but some like Rhyperior's Rock/Ground typing makes it 4x weak to Grass/Water/Fighting and I believe Steel.
My Aipom is famous for being the strongest Aipom ever on this site.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
Shnoogle Posted at: 17:00 May11 2009 Post ID: 2617773
Shnoogle
+
+
On 11-May-2009 DemonOfSand said:Usually, yes. It cuts down their weaknesses, but some like Rhyperior's Rock/Ground typing makes it 4x weak to Grass/Water/Fighting and I believe Steel.
rhyperior isnt 4 times weak to fight and steel, its 2 times. It is also 2 times weak to ice and ground as well.

Some dual types, as demon said, have disadvantages, but in a lot of cases, it helps a lot. Salamence, for instance, could easily do without his part flying type. The STAB moves it gains from it are usually not used (aerial ace, fly...) and the stealth rock weakness isnt that great. It also takes 4 times from ice when it could only take to times

There are advantages to its part flying type, though. If the opponent hasnt laid stealth rock down, it can come in fairly easily on fighting, ground, and bug type moves. It also makes it immune to toxic spikes as well as spikes. And, although not as useful, it gets a 4 times resistance to grass with its flying type (i guess that makes it easy to switch in on grassers too)
Yo hit me up for a Little Cup shoddy battle

DemonOfSand Posted at: 21:00 May11 2009 Post ID: 2618178
DemonOfSand
+
+
On 11-May-2009 Shnoogle said:rhyperior isnt 4 times weak to fight and steel, its 2 times. It is also 2 times weak to ice and ground as well.

Some dual types, as demon said, have disadvantages, but in a lot of cases, it helps a lot. Salamence, for instance, could easily do without his part flying type. The STAB moves it gains from it are usually not used (aerial ace, fly...) and the stealth rock weakness isnt that great. It also takes 4 times from ice when it could only take to times

There are advantages to its part flying type, though. If the opponent hasnt laid stealth rock down, it can come in fairly easily on fighting, ground, and bug type moves. It also makes it immune to toxic spikes as well as spikes. And, although not as useful, it gets a 4 times resistance to grass with its flying type (i guess that makes it easy to switch in on grassers too)
I wasn't sure about that to begin with. Thanks for correcting me.
My Aipom is famous for being the strongest Aipom ever on this site.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
Ryuujin Posted at: 20:52 May13 2009 Post ID: 2619562
Ryuujin
+
+
I usually go in with a Dragon, a Steel, and a Poison, but that's just my strategy. My commonly used teams are Salamence, Flygon, and Garchomp; Skarmory, Seviper, and Absol; or Seviper, Ninetales, and Absol. I try to specialize in a certain field; like a group who's beneficial to Sandstorm or a group whose offense / sp. att. is particularly high. I'd recommend making your own strategy before attempting anything.
~ My Theme ~
Traffic Monger Posted at: 16:52 May14 2009 Post ID: 2620006
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
+
I personally use my Skarmory, Blissey and Lucario. I do see the weakness to Infernape though, so you might not want to use that yourself. Again, like Ryuujin said, it's good to pick your own strategy and see whatever works.

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
Ryuujin Posted at: 20:11 May14 2009 Post ID: 2620252
Ryuujin
+
+
Also, keep in mind that when using a team that relies on (or just benefits with the use of) a weather change, it can backfire on you at any moment. For example, if you're using a grass-type team with a benefit to Sunny Day, it's not always a good idea. Numerous Pok�mon can use fire-type attacks, so be careful. Or in another case, if you're using a water-type team with a benefit to Rain Dance, it's possible that you could be overwhelmed by a Thunder. 100% accuracy and a base power of 120 is devastating by itself, and that's just without factoring in STAB and type effectiveness.
~ My Theme ~
Shnoogle Posted at: 14:27 May16 2009 Post ID: 2621425
Shnoogle
+
+
On 14-May-2009 Ryuujin said:Also, keep in mind that when using a team that relies on (or just benefits with the use of) a weather change, it can backfire on you at any moment. For example, if you're using a grass-type team with a benefit to Sunny Day, it's not always a good idea. Numerous Pok�mon can use fire-type attacks, so be careful. Or in another case, if you're using a water-type team with a benefit to Rain Dance, it's possible that you could be overwhelmed by a Thunder. 100% accuracy and a base power of 120 is devastating by itself, and that's just without factoring in STAB and type effectiveness.
however, using pokemon with an infinate weather change in the battle tower (Abomasnow for hail, T-Tar and Hippowdon for sand) are fairly decent in the battle tower. I almost never see these pokemon in the battle tower, so unless u go up against a pokemon with rain dance or sunny day, ur set.

Also, when using a rain dance team/ sunny day team, u can overcome the electric and fire moves, respectivley. Usually on one of these teams, there are pokemon that have Chlorophyll and Swift Swim (the former for sunny day, the latter for rain dance)

A pokemon with Chlorophyll can overcome the fire type by using hidden power water, ground etc...
Also, if u predict a fire move, switch to a arcanine, houndoom, ninetails, heatran... anything with flash fire... to get a boost and kill them off with extreme speed, crunch/dark pulse, dark pulse again, or earth power... all these moves are in order of the place i put the pokemon when i listed them... Ninetails can also just use hypnosis or set up with nasty plot... houndoom can also set up with nasty plot... arcanine with howl (yes, i did say howl... although it only raises attack, think... dragon dance boosts attack and speed, yet after one dance, kindra/salamence/tyranitar/gyarados... whatever... can easily 2HKO many things, and OHKO alot too... heatran cant really do anything else though except the rare earthquake or stealth rock on heatran (not advisable though... heatran's attack isnt great, and its support options are limited to SR and will-O-wisp (no use against fire types anyways).

Other pokemon good in sunny day are (the reason thay are good is cause it takes there water weakness away)... Rhyperior, Marowak, infernape, typhlosion, blaziken, aerodactyl, omastar (better with a rain dance team, though) as well as other assorted grounds, rocks, fires and solarbeam users, chlorophyll users, solar power users, and leaf guard users... Relicanth is also good because it shuts down other fire types with its 4 times resistance, 150 base power (before STAB... with stab its 225 power!) head smash, with no recoil thanks in part to its rock head
ability (make sure its not swift swim, as the 1/2 recoil will be disappointing), and that Head smash i very effective against fire types cause it is rock... so the total power comes to... 450!!!. Coming from a 306 attack stat (assumin a + attack nature, 252 attack ev's, and a 31 IV in attack), thats great... then u hve the further choice of using choice band or life orb making a 459 attack stat and 398 attack stat, respectively.

Some water types make it not weak to thuder... think, Swampert, gastrodon, kingdra, ludicolo, lanturn, (this one is extra good cause it has volt absorb... although not water type, jolteon benefits from volt absorb too, and can fire off 100% accurate thunders... Electivire can gain speed for thunder with motor drive, although again, its not water type) quagsire, and whiscash

Other pokemon that benefit from rain dance are... bronzong (no weaknessess when it has levitate, as fire moves are halved during rain), latias with surf (now not UBER, and it is allowed in the battle tower), metagross with magnet rise, and same with magnzone, as there is no fire weakness... come to think of it, any pokemon with a fire weakness is good in rain... jirachi and other steels except heatran, other grass types, ice types, and bug types.

FINALLY!!! im doneSmile... hope this helped!Thumbs Up

« Last edited by Shnoogle on May 16th 2009 »

Ryuujin Posted at: 21:38 May18 2009 Post ID: 2623752
Ryuujin
+
+
...Are you serious? Did you even try to understand what I was saying to her? You got so far off-topic from what I was saying that I'm not even sure you read my post correctly.
~ My Theme ~
Shnoogle Posted at: 14:31 May19 2009 Post ID: 2624210
Shnoogle
+
+
haha i dont think u understood what i was trying to say

Basically what u said is that weather teams can backfire any moment, and i was giving suggestions to how her weather based team could not backfire on her.

I explained some pokemon that could overcome thunder like u described (i listed things like swampert, whiscash, lanturn etc...) and pokemon that could overcome fire moves but are still good in sunny day

now, was that so off-topic? Maybe u should have read MY post correctly and understood MY point instead of getting all mad about it.

Ryuujin Posted at: 19:50 May19 2009 Post ID: 2624424
Ryuujin
+
+
I think she knows basic knowledge. She doesn't need someone to tell her that Swampert is a ground type. T_T
~ My Theme ~
Shnoogle Posted at: 09:18 May20 2009 Post ID: 2624739
Shnoogle
+
+
you'd be surprised how many people dont know that, though

and even if she knew that swampert was a ground type, that wasnt the point i was making.

I was explaining ways that weather could not backfire on you, and all i get from u is a boatload of crap.

Pooly Posted at: 09:35 May20 2009 Post ID: 2624746
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
+
Sorry but how is him saying your off-topic a boatload of crap?
whenever I attempt the battle tower I'll take in a starter with high attack or defense like my Torterra or Infernape, Luxray for it's attack and Staraptor for a mix of speed and power, I don't focus on building up specific teams as I don't bother with the battle tower to much.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Shnoogle Posted at: 21:21 May20 2009 Post ID: 2625444
Shnoogle
+
+
On 20-May-2009 Pooly said:Sorry but how is him saying your off-topic a boatload of crap?
whenever I attempt the battle tower I'll take in a starter with high attack or defense like my Torterra or Infernape, Luxray for it's attack and Staraptor for a mix of speed and power, I don't focus on building up specific teams as I don't bother with the battle tower to much.
I wasnt off topic in the first place, and even if i was, then he was too because both of us were talking about weather changes.

Its a boatload of crap because he's telling me off for posting useful and helpful information. He obviously doesn't know the point i was making, or he's just looking for a reason to get into a pointless fight.

Anyways, i usually go into the battle tower with a suicide lead to set up stealth rock and then either attack if it can get a kill, or explode if it cannot get a OHKO with its moves. (This is usually an azelf)

My second and third pokemon are usually kingdra and lucario. Kingdra can usually take at least 1 hit from nearly any pokemon in the battle tower, (because its defenses are decent and it only has 1 weakness) use dragon dance, and sweep with waterfall and outrage

Lucario is amazing because it uses swords dance on turn 1, survives the hit with a focus sash, then either uses close combat (main attack that basically OHKOs everything in the tower, crunch (for those pesky psychic and ghost types), or extreme speed for those fast pokemon like jolteon, weavile, and the like

I have never lost in the battle tower witht this team

cheat fan Posted at: 09:44 May21 2009 Post ID: 2625807
cheat fan
Forum GuestMember
+
+
can u help me to make a good team it is for a contest
no legendaries
: pray : =
Shnoogle Posted at: 16:59 May21 2009 Post ID: 2626038
Shnoogle
+
+
if u want the pray smily, u have to erase the spaces between the : and the pray

Pokemonhacker68 Posted at: 19:28 May21 2009 Post ID: 2626180
Pokemonhacker68
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I usually go with Snorlax, Infernape and Staraptor.
I play Pokemon SoulSilver, want my friend code?
4254 8066 1536

Ryuujin Posted at: 19:43 May22 2009 Post ID: 2626763
Ryuujin
+
+
On 21-May-2009 cheat fan said:can u help me to make a good team it is for a contest
no legendaries
: pray : =
Make your own thread. It's against the site's rules to request something in another member's thread.
~ My Theme ~
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close