Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

UFC/MMA

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 19 of 22
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Last     Previous | Next
Sanzano Posted: 10:00 Apr09 2010 Post ID: 2826664
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Butterbean won quite a few toughman competitions as well before becoming a professional Boxer.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Zelda Fan Posted: 02:25 Apr10 2010 Post ID: 2827306
Zelda Fan
Post Likes: 4
+
Ive actually met butterbean before, ive trained with him to, well it really wasn't training, he was just starting to get into Jiu Jutsu, and I was just showing him a few things, that was a while back though, he's a nice guy. Yes he still fights he fought this past December, and won by Rear Naked Choke, atta boy butterbean!! put that Jiu Jutsu to use!

So is anyone watching UFC tomorrow?, Anderson Silva and BJ Penn are defending their titles.

gotta love brizilian jiu jutsu!!
Deadzone174 Posted: 12:52 Apr10 2010 Post ID: 2827641
Deadzone174
Post Likes: 0
+
I was wanting to watch it, but I have a party to go to today. If anyone wants to know the Fight cards it's like this:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.Home&eid=2890

I want it to go like this:

Silva ~W vs. Maia ~L
Penn ~W vs. Edgar ~L
Hughes ~W vs. Gracie ~L
Etim ~W vs. Dos Anjos ~L
Grove ~W vs. Munoz ~L

Notice how all of my guesses are on the left. >_>

Zelda Fan Posted: 20:31 Apr10 2010 Post ID: 2828046
Zelda Fan
+
Frankie Edgar is the new champion, I kind of expected it this, BJ wasn't training like he use to. You see this is what happens when you over look someone, BJ over looked Edgar, the BJ that fought Daigo and Kenny didn't show up tonight, did you notice he didn't train as hard either? I remember when BJ lost to GSP, it woke him up, he was right cocky and kind of annoying, but as soon as he lost he smarten right up, he got right to training, and we all seen the fighter that BJ can be when he fought Daigo and Kenny. But the BJ that showed up tonight wasn't the same BJ, he is to obsessed with moving up to 170 to fight GSP again, and it cost him.

Anderson Silva defended his title but I lost respect for him, he could of finished the fight at any chance but didn't, he showboated the whole fight, I don't even know if you can call it showboating, I think its beyond that in my opinion. Dana White was so angry he left the fight and threw the title on the floor in front of Silvas coach and walked out, Dana said he might be the first champion to fight on the pre-fight card next time...

When you go to fight you go to fight, you don't go and dance around like an idiot, this isn't Dancing With the Stars, when you step into the octagon you go to war, this guy just gives the UFC a bad name. What ticked me off the most was when he was screaming at Maia to fight him and as soon as he I would come forward to fight him Silva would run away...We all know he can finish fights, you move him up to 205 and hes knocking people out left and right, if 185 is to boring for him then keep him at 205, put him up against the loser of the Rampage and Rshad fight, see if he dances around either one of them. Then again I believe if it was Vitor tonight he was dancing around he would of been knocked out. This fight made me want to hit Silva, I wanted to go through the TV and knock him out, but then again if I did hit him I would end up breaking his jaw. I hope GSP gives him a good beating.

So next up for Silva is Georges St. Pierre, Anderson is so cocky he said he will fight him at 170lbs, so George is not moving up, Silva is moving down. I can't wait for George to beat this joker...

Anderson Silva Fight:

Part One:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Anderson_Silva_vs_Demian_Maia_UFC_112_Invincible_?vid=10010283&tid=100

Part Two:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Anderson_Silva_vs_Demian_Maia_UFC_112_Invincible_?vid=10010284&tid=100

BJ Penn Fight:

Part One:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_B_J_Penn_vs_Frankie_Edgar_UFC_112_Invincible_Pa?vid=10010280&tid=100

Part Two:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_B_J_Penn_vs_Frankie_Edgar_UFC_112_Invincible_Pa?vid=10010281&tid=100

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Apr 11th 2010 »

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 00:10 Apr12 2010 Post ID: 2829101
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
take that BJ thats what you get for screwing me up on my game.(i'm doing the achievement where you go through season without any losses and he beat me once.. but i restarted.)

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Sanzano Posted: 09:58 Apr13 2010 Post ID: 2829759
Sanzano
+
I bet Anderson Silva doesn't showboat when he faces GSP.

Zelda Fan Posted: 17:57 Apr13 2010 Post ID: 2829940
Zelda Fan
+
I wouldn't even call that showboating, theres a fine line between showboating and being an azz...

To be honest, Silva won't be able to show off, do you know how fast GSP will take him down? GSP is going to give this guy a good beating.

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Apr 13th 2010 »

Sanzano Posted: 01:27 Apr14 2010 Post ID: 2830203
Sanzano
+
How good was Royce Gracie in his prime and how do you think he would do against the likes of GSP, BJ and Silva. I remember watching Royce Gracie in UFC 1 and 2 and I was amazed how he would make opponents twice his size submit with ease.

Zelda Fan Posted: 02:06 Apr14 2010 Post ID: 2830215
Zelda Fan
+
Well you see back in the day a lot of people didn't know a lot about Brizilian Jiu Jutsu, people didn't know how to defend against it, but we are in a new era, and a lot of people know Jiu Jutsu defense, if he fought BJ, GSP or Silva while he is in his prime he would lose. Todays fighters are a lot more educated in the sport then the past fighters were.

Sanzano Posted: 09:47 Apr14 2010 Post ID: 2830308
Sanzano
+
The word 'Lose' is not in Royce Gracie's vocabulary, he'd rather have a broken arm or be put to sleep than tap out. I remember as well he used to use his white dobok or whatever it's called in Ju-Jitsu to strangle opponents, I take it that is illegal now?

Zelda Fan Posted: 20:07 Apr14 2010 Post ID: 2830670
Zelda Fan
+
I can do that to, but yes its illegal now, I would rather tap out then risk a career ending injury to be honest, but thats only if I know I can't get out of it.

Sanzano Posted: 01:22 Apr15 2010 Post ID: 2830796
Sanzano
+
Are there any moves which you know your going to have to tap out because they are impossible to get out of?

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 01:44 Apr15 2010 Post ID: 2830811
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
I dont know any but i remember Daniel Puder put Kurt Angle(in wwe)in a real Kimura Lock and if the ref didnt count daniels shoulders(even though they were off the mat)and made kurt angle win dainel would've snapped angles arm right there...its a shame i wanted to see it happen.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Zelda Fan Posted: 07:48 Apr15 2010 Post ID: 2830868
Zelda Fan
+
Theres no submission move that I cannot defend against, it just depends on your condition through the fight, if your tired it makes it difficult, trying to defend against a submission hold can even tire you out even more, but I would say the most difficult is the Rear Naked Choke, when they got your back and have their hooks in or have you in a body triangle, it can be difficult to get out of because they are trying to chock you out, and your only defense against that is to roll into their guard, but in order to do that got to loosen up there hooks or break their body triangle, but in order to do that you got to use your hands, but then your leaving your self vulnerable of being choked out, because you got to use your hands to defend against that as well..

« Last edited by Zelda Fan on Apr 16th 2010 »

Sanzano Posted: 10:00 Apr16 2010 Post ID: 2831465
Sanzano
+
Who wins in a stand-up, no kicks, knees or take-downs between GSP and Pacquiao?

Zelda Fan Posted: 18:00 Apr16 2010 Post ID: 2831616
Zelda Fan
+
Well thats just common sense, Pacquiao, he's a professional boxer and one of the best of all time, but if it was MMA he wouldn't beat GSP.

agent Cody Bauer Posted: 13:02 Apr18 2010 Post ID: 2833076
agent Cody Bauer
Post Likes: 0
+
Anybody know when Lesnar will be back?
-Denver Nuggets Fan(Melo/Billups/JR/Nene/Kenyon/Lawson)

Zelda Fan Posted: 17:36 Apr18 2010 Post ID: 2833321
Zelda Fan
+
Lesnar will be fighting Shane Carwin in July.

Did anyone watch Strikeforce last night? There were 3 titles on the line, and all hell broke loose afther the main event, Jason Miller went in the ring to congratulate Jake Shields on his title defense and ask for a rematch. Jake didn't seem upset about it, he was actually smiling at him, then Gilbert Melendez got in his face and shoved him, and when that happened Jake did to, and then Miller got jumped by the Diaz brothers...the Diaz brothers are nothing but thugs if you ask me. Sure they can fight, but there was need for that...I hope Nate Diaz fights BJ sometime, so BJ can wreck him, and if Nick Diaz decides to return to the UFC they should feed him to GSP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vau4RSvV834

Sanzano Posted: 08:31 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833551
Sanzano
+
What channel will the Lesnar v Shane Carwin bout most likely to be on? I'll make a point of watching that if I can get it.

Zelda Fan Posted: 10:10 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833571
Zelda Fan
+
Its going to be on PPV.

Displaying Page 19 of 22
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close