Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Where can I find or do they even make a cooling fan the newer PS3?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

gamerdad Posted: 12:03 Jun24 2009 Post ID: 2654339
gamerdad
Post Likes: 0
+
So, I own one of the 80GB PS3s and have a cooler fan for it that goes around the back and the side it was and is easy to find new cooler systems for it. But it was almost full so for Christmas my family got one of the 160GB PS3s for me, since getting it I have searched and searched and can't seem to find one that works. I have been told that as long as the system is somewhere open and gets plenty of air it should be OK. Normally I place it on a tabletop and place it so that a nearby fans airflow hits the long side with the air-vents. But I have a tendency to play for anywhere from 2 to 7 hours at a stretch and I am still concerned it may overheat and become the worlds most expensive paperweight. This leads to the question of does anyone know where I can find one or do they even make one for it yet? If anyone has any ideas please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
hatershateme Posted: 12:35 Jun24 2009 Post ID: 2654360
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Just set in the open. I have a Xbox 360. I placed it in the open and nothing seems to happen. I went 12 hours straight on my 360, with no fan. Just place it an open place. Plus you get to save money.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

g33k Posted: 12:43 Jun24 2009 Post ID: 2654369
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
HHM, you didn't help at all. He already said he did that. Plus the PS3 (from what I know [well assume]) gets hotter than the 360 does...

I would suggest looking here http://www.nextag.com/ps3-cooling-station/search-html maybe it can help.

« Last edited by g33k on Jun 24th 2009 »
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
sid140 Posted: 14:48 Jun24 2009 Post ID: 2654583
sid140
+
You don't need an aftermarket fan. There's no point to having one. If you play games for that long, you'll kill it anyways.

Sig by ozzo
Avy by Phil
Contact me @ [email protected]
Xbox live gamertag: sid140
Vasco Posted: 08:35 Jun25 2009 Post ID: 2655365
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
That would be wrong, sid. If a console would die from that, I can guarantee 99% of the gaming world wouldn't have a console by now.

I leave mine turned on for hours and nothing ever happens. It gets hot easily, yes, but nothing ever happens.

If you truly feel unsafe with it, I'd advise trying a site like ebay. It's your best shot.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
gamerdad Posted: 13:07 Jun25 2009 Post ID: 2655712
gamerdad
+
Thanks for the suggestions. You would think that for the price they charge for these next-gen systems they would have given them the means to stay at a safe temp. when playing long sessions. For instance I still own and play the P2 I bought the year after they came out and my record for longest playtime stands at 19 hrs. while it was warm its nowhere near the heat my P3 throws out after only about 4 or 5.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close