Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XII=Star Wars, the Original Trilogy?!!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Rachetdude11 Posted at: 13:19 Jul06 2009 Post ID: 2666292
Rachetdude11
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Before you laugh at me, hear me out. If you pay close attention, several aspects of Final Fantasy XII closely match aspects of the Original trilogy. Balthier and Fran are similar to Han Solo and Chewbacca(although, Fran's vocabulary goes beyond simple grunts and calls). Bathier's ship, the Strahl(is that how you spell it?) plays the role of The Millennium Falcon. Vaan could play the role of Luke Skywalker, as Vaan discovers much about himself and the world around him as the story heads onwards. Basch seems quite similar to Obi-Wan Kenobi, as he devotes his life to keeping Ashe out of harm's way. Ashe is similar to Princess Leia, and I don't really need to explain that one, do I? As for Penelo...still working on that one. The Sky Fortress Bahamut stands in for the Death Star. Gabranth is similar to Darth Vader, and Vayne is similar to Darth Sidious. Do you see know? This makes sense!

There has to be more then what I've got here. Feel free to either tell me I'm full of (expletive deleted) or to discuss similarities between Final Fantasy XII and The Original Trilogy. Now that I think on it, I'm almost sure I've got a couple of these wrong.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
balthiersbit Posted at: 19:11 Jul07 2009 Post ID: 2667480
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
+
Ive always thought that too! The bad guys are part of the Imperial Empire too! The judges to me are like the storm troopers. Lots of weird looking aliens! I dont know what Fran fans would think of her being compared to Chewbaca but Lol to that. Balthier is definetly like a Han Solo. Sarcastic, confident and would hate to admit that he has a soft spot for Vaan! He definetly wants Ashe, pity SE werent like the olden days or they would have totally had a love/hate relationship turning into love.

Penelo? Poor dear, they really must have made her last as she is lacking of personality and character developement!

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Rachetdude11 Posted at: 14:40 Jul08 2009 Post ID: 2668190
Rachetdude11
+
+
Well, as for Penelo, according to comics that describe what happens after the Emperor dies and the new Republic begins, Han Solo and Princess Leia get married and have a daughter. Call me crazy, but did Square Enix use that as a template for Penelo? Can't remember the gals name, though. Let's leave it to LucasArts to call on Square Enix if Square crossed a line.

Note: No, I am not trying to mudsling Fran by comparing her to Chewbacca! I like Fran just as much as the next guy(maybe a bit more). Wait, I just thought of something: Remember the scene on the Shiva, just before you fight Vossler, where Fran uncorks a bit can of whoop-@$$ on some Imperials? that reminds me a bit of Chewbacca when he doesn't get his cookie...LOL. Once again, not trying to insult Fran. Oh, by the way, aren't the Imperial stormtroopers in Star Wars just called "Imperials"? Because the Imperial Soldiers in FFXII are called Imperials...

« Last edited by Rachetdude11 on Jul 8th 2009 »
balthiersbit Posted at: 18:42 Jul11 2009 Post ID: 2671340
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
I still feel sorry for Penelo Im sure we could find someone from Star Wars to compare her to! How about R2 D2 teehee!

Im sure you like Fran just as much as every other Male! However, I'd be quite alarmed if she was hairy as him! I think the stormtroopers were called stormtroopers but as a whole in terms of good v evil they were addressed as Imperials.

So is Dalan like a lazier Obi Wan?!

Rachetdude11 Posted at: 21:09 Jul14 2009 Post ID: 2675012
Rachetdude11
+
+
Actually, I think of Dalan as Yoda. In Star Wars, Yoda trained Luke Skywalker in the use of the Force, and also revealed that Darth Vader is Luke's father(making Luke realize that he kissed his sister, Leia). In FFXII, Dalan tells Vaan about a way into the Palace vaults, and also gives Vaan a sword to give to Vossler. Some similarity there.
balthiersbit Posted at: 15:53 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675715
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
Yeah if you think about it in that way! That does work!

Rachetdude11 Posted at: 13:50 Jul17 2009 Post ID: 2677754
Rachetdude11
+
+
By the by: Never, ever mention Ba'Gamnam and Boba Fett in the same breath, unless it's something like this: "Ba'Gamnam sure sucks. I wish he was more like Boba Fett." Sure, there both bounty hunters, but Boba Fett escapes from the Sarlacc in no time flat. Ba'Gamnam can't even handle falling into the SandSea! He can't even run fast enough to catch up to Baltheir once Baltheir gets a good sprint up. Ba'Gamnam's only saving grace is his really cool weapon.
balthiersbit Posted at: 15:46 Jul18 2009 Post ID: 2679091
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
^Thats because Balthier pwns all! And is gorgeous. (not a valid argument I know...LOL)

roadkillman997 Posted at: 11:44 Jul20 2009 Post ID: 2681136
roadkillman997
+
+
u know this does make sense.... i posted on here so late because i thoguht it was some stupid thing going on but i looked at it and it really does make sense...
[email protected], IM

g33k said: *points out to SS64 that Abby, is in Paki so his house may very well go BOOM*

[center]sig by Craizen&PBO|avy-Yogi_bear
7onewingedangel7 Posted at: 10:37 Aug04 2009 Post ID: 2697248
7onewingedangel7
+
+
I looked this up on Youtube and alot of people think the same thing. In fact, I do too. That just makes FFXII that much cooler. xD
[center][URL=http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?77964][i]
Brick WallClick here to level up my card![/URL]Bounce
WiseguySuper Smash Brawlers Pray
Which FF Character are you?
Rachetdude11 Posted at: 12:16 Aug05 2009 Post ID: 2698311
Rachetdude11
+
+
I've been trying to come up with an idea to fit the Undying/Occuria in to this idea of mine, but I'm drawing a blank. I'm gonna go rewatch the Original Trilogy and see if I come up with anything.

P.S.: Urutan-Yensas are just more agressive Jawas. Or they're Tusken Raiders. Something from Tatooine!
7onewingedangel7 Posted at: 08:34 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2698950
7onewingedangel7
+
+
They are more like Jawas.

And I'm not sure about the Undying/Occuria. We'll think of something. xD
roadkillman997 Posted at: 12:56 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699106
roadkillman997
+
+
u know the ba'gamman could be chubaca... if u think about it they r both weird creatures.
[email protected], IM

g33k said: *points out to SS64 that Abby, is in Paki so his house may very well go BOOM*

7onewingedangel7 Posted at: 15:00 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699235
7onewingedangel7
+
+
Lol. He's actually more like Boba Fett. (Idc what anyone thinks, he's the only Bounty Hunter that's evil, that I know of)
roadkillman997 Posted at: 20:43 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2700396
roadkillman997
+
+
no bobba fett was to much cooler hes a chubaca...
[email protected], IM

7onewingedangel7 Posted at: 12:12 Aug08 2009 Post ID: 2700857
7onewingedangel7
+
+
Imo, Ba 'gamnan was better. Not a big fan of Boba fett.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close