Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

One Piece

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 16
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 14 | 15 | Last     Next
Vasco Posted: 10:15 Aug15 2009 Post ID: 2710142
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
This post is dedicated to One Piece and all the world of pirates. Depart in an adventure with me to see the glorious changing planet, and all sorts of adventures waiting for you.

One Piece (ïóÔü¹, Wan P+su?) is a Japanese shMnen manga written and illustrated by EiichirM Oda,

Plot of One Piece

Main Characters:

Monkey D. Luffy (âó­üûDûëÕ£, Monk+ D. Rufi?), a 17-year-old boy, is the primary protagonist of the One Piece series and is the captain of the Straw Hat Pirates. His dream is to become the Pirate King. He is portrayed as carefree and sometimes air-headed and has a huge appetite, especially for meat. As a child, by accidentally eating a Devil Fruit his body gained the properties of rubber. His father is the most want revolutionary in the world... But of course Luffy dont know this... Are you ever question why the main character, the protagonist are so bakka lol Luffy is the best

Roronoa Zoro (íí΢û¾í?) is the first to join the crew. He is 19 years old and a skilled swordsman, who uses up to three swords at once, clutching the third in his mouth. He is extremely poor at understanding geographical directions and gets lost very easily. He also sleeps a great deal and loves to drink. His goal is to become the greatest swordsman in the world, by beating the current greatest swordsman, Mihawk, due to a promise he made to a childhood friend named Kuina...

Nami (Êß?) is the crew's 18-year-old navigator and the second to join. She has the ability to recognize and analyze even the slightest changes in the weather up to the point of sheer intuition.[23] She is also an excellent pickpocket. Her dream is to draw a complete map of the world.

Usopp (¦½Ã×, Usoppu?) is the crew's 17-year-old marksman and the third to join. He is a chronic liar, talented inventor and has notable artistic talent, shown in his painting of the Straw Hat's Jolly Roger and crafting of detailed snow sculptures. Usopp's dream is to become a "brave warrior of the sea"

Sanji (µó¸?) is the crew's 19-year-old chef and the fourth to join. He knows how it feels to starve from first hand experience. Therefore he will never refuse someone a meal. He has a strong sense of chivalry, because of which, he will never harm a woman, even if he dies.Sanji also seems to keep this code regardless of a woman's appearance. His dream is to find the All Blue, a legendary sea, containing every kind of fish in the world

Tony Tony Chopper (ÈËüÈËüûÁçÃÑü, Ton+ Ton+ Chopp?) is the crew's 15-year-old doctor and the fifth to join. He is a blue-nosed reindeer, who gained human properties by eating the Devil Fruit Human Human Fruit (ÒÈÒÈnŸ, Hito Hito no Mi). He is capable of conversing with humans and animals alike. He is very naïve and has a tendency to believe anything told to him. And he is incapable of hiding his feelings. His dream is to create a cure for all the world's diseases. When creating Chopper, Oda stated that he wanted a mascot who is both cute and fearless

Nico Robin (˳ûíÓó, Niko Robin?) is the crew's 28 year old archaeologist and the sixth to join. She is extremely intelligent, having taught herself archeology and the extremely difficult Poneglyph language at a very young age. Her dream is to find and decipher the Rio Poneglyph, an ancient stone telling a long lost part of history, which is considered a crime against the World Government. Robin values ancient artifacts and buildings, and she will risk her life to protect them. She has vast knowledge of the world of One Piece, and usually keeps her head during surprising situations, allowing her to logically analyze them without losing her cool. And yeah shes strong haha gome.

Franky (Õéó­ü, Furank+?), originally known as Cutty Flam, is the crew shipwright and seventh to join. He is a cola-powered cyborg, who wishes to construct a ship capable of sailing around the world. He is a skilled carpenter, capable of building an entire bridge in a matter of moments. Together with the Galleyla shipwrights

Brook (Öëï, Burukku?) is the crew's musician and eighth to join. He is a living skeleton, resurrected by means of the Revive Revive Fruit (èßèßnŸ, Yomi Yomi no Mi?). He has a strange personality, being a combination of a gentlemanly persona and a perverted, crude sort. He speaks in a dignified, educated manner at most times, while having amazingly bad manners, often burping at dinner. He takes being a skeleton lightly, using any chance he can to joke about it. He openly asks beautiful girls to allow him to see their panties.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I am not going to add anymore to this post. If you wish to know more, read the Manga/watch the Anime. THIS TOPIC CONTAINS SPOILERS, so don't complain if you find out something you didn't wish to know.

I'll start by saying that currently, One Piece is my favorite Anime. The plot has been tremendously exciting lately, revolving around the capture of Luffy's brother: Portgas D. Ace. I'm depressed we didn't get to read a new chapter, this week.

*contrarily to all the other OP Threads, this one will not die. I'm expecting regular activity from both Tank and TV. Speak to the hand

« Last edited by Vasco on Aug 15th 2009 »

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
TestVirus101 Posted: 10:18 Aug15 2009 Post ID: 2710147
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
One Piece is the only manga that makes me consistenly go "Awesome!" every week with the new plot details/events.
Vasco Posted: 10:23 Aug15 2009 Post ID: 2710156
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
Ah, same. I was astonished by the amazing power Whitebeard revealed, for example.

Question though, any ideas why we didn't get a new chapter, this week? Are we going through some kind of Golden Week, once again?

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
TestVirus101 Posted: 10:24 Aug15 2009 Post ID: 2710158
TestVirus101
+
WSJ was on a break this week so no Naruto, One Piece or Bleach
imaloony8.0 Posted: 20:58 Aug18 2009 Post ID: 2714049
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
One Piece died to me at the beginning of the Crocodile saga. And it was on life support during the Whopple saga.

I've read the manga up to the end of the Crocodile saga, and I thought it would never end. It just... kept... GOING.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Vasco Posted: 10:04 Aug19 2009 Post ID: 2714746
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
I actually loved the Crocodile saga. That's the whole point of the anime: random ideas, make new nakama and battle incredible enemies. I'd say the end of that Arc was one of the highest points in the series.

That is about 1/3 (if that much) of the Anime/Manga so far, but if you didn't like it, I wouldn't keep going. It gets much better, at least in my opinion, but the concepts are the same.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
imaloony8.0 Posted: 14:54 Aug19 2009 Post ID: 2715102
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
I liked everything up until the Whopple stuff. Even some of that I liked, but the Crocodile saga was just so boring. It was just them walking through a desert and getting into random fights, which were also boring. The one bright spot was when Luffy's brother showed up. But then he left like three episodes later, so I was left dumbstruck, wondering what the point of bringing him in then was.

TestVirus101 Posted: 05:10 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716153
TestVirus101
+
On 19-Aug-2009 imaloony8.0 said:I liked everything up until the Whopple stuff. Even some of that I liked, but the Crocodile saga was just so boring. It was just them walking through a desert and getting into random fights, which were also boring. The one bright spot was when Luffy's brother showed up. But then he left like three episodes later, so I was left dumbstruck, wondering what the point of bringing him in then was.
Hahahahaha, given the current events and all that's happened as a result of bringing him in... Oh god this is just so... =]

Anyway read the manga from start to finish, try and survive through the Skypiea saga and the early Thriller Bark stuff and you'll see it's all awesome.

As for the latest chapter:

I can now officially say that this is has been building up for a few chapters now, but Marco is officially my fave character. I've never had one in OP before, just a few cool people, but he's honestly too badass.
poke.addicted Posted: 09:14 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716289
poke.addicted
Post Likes: 3
+
On 19-Aug-2009 imaloony8.0 said:I liked everything up until the Whopple stuff. Even some of that I liked, but the Crocodile saga was just so boring. It was just them walking through a desert and getting into random fights, which were also boring. The one bright spot was when Luffy's brother showed up. But then he left like three episodes later, so I was left dumbstruck, wondering what the point of bringing him in then was.
The point of that was leading up to Ace's defeat by Blackbeard, otherwise known as Marshal D Teach. he handed him over to the World Government, so after Luffy learns Gear Second and Gear Third while getting Robin back from them, he later infiltrates the World Government prison Impel Down. Head Gaoler Shiryuu of mist or whatever seems to have joined Blackbeard.. and because thats where Ace was, the paper he gave Luffy lead him straight to Ace, only to be late.

but just watch or read the series D:

Its really good after the whopple crap. They made a movie with a different poison user who was a reject. Saying Luffy had Gear Second and Robin BEFORE they even reached Alabasta. >_>
Yo.
Vasco Posted: 09:42 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716300
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
I didn't see two of the movies, specifically the one you mentioned and the last one. Not that appealing, really. There's a new coming out, by the way.

The latest chapter was fantastic, as usual. Whitebeard's Crew is just outstanding, surprise after surprise. With the Shichibukai finally entering the battle, this is getting even more interesting.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
TestVirus101 Posted: 10:30 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716316
TestVirus101
+
Marco vs all of them I say.
poke.addicted Posted: 10:51 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716326
poke.addicted
Post Likes: 3
+
Well, TV, we'll just have to wait and find out what will happen next week. Smile

I have to wonder what is up with the big guy Oar Jr.
Yo.
TestVirus101 Posted: 16:21 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716615
TestVirus101
+
I know they're on the same side, but he should fight Marco as well.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 17:16 Aug20 2009 Post ID: 2716702
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
It wasn't as much that Ace showed up, it was more that he showed up, turned out to be a badass, and then left like two episodes later. Seemed a little abrupt.

Anyways, I'll continue reading the manga, see where that goes. Generally the manga is better than the anime. The manga for both Gantz and Eyeshield 21 went beyond where the anime went to, so I'll go with that. Also, OneManga is epic.

EDIT: I bought the first two One Piece manga today, and I've got to say, the Covers themselves were really good. Not only were they colorful and nice, they're also the only manga I know to put the Volume title on the front. Normally, you have to look on the back to see what the Manga is titled, but this is nice because it's on the front.
I started reading One Manga after that, and it's fine, I guess, but the translator on OneManga did a horrid job. The whole thing is riddled with typos that make me sick.
It also gets a little confusing when Luffy is called Rufi, and Zolo is called Zoro, while Nami and Usopp still have the same names.
Currently, I generally like the manga better than the anime though. It has a lot more backstory early on, and it's really good. I just wish that the OneManga translator didn't suck so bad.

Also, there are several different translators, and they all have their different ideas of the names of Luffy... er, Rufi's attacks. One would say, "Gomu-Gomu Pistol", the other would say "Rubber Pistol", while the official manga sticks with the traditional, and in my opinion better, "Gum-Gum Pistol"

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Aug 25th 2009 »

Vasco Posted: 08:54 Aug28 2009 Post ID: 2722663
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
The original name is "Luffy" (if you see a RAW episode of the Anime, you will hear them saying "Luffy", and his wanted posted is always "Luffy", as well). However, the "L" is not used in the Japanese alphabet, thus the need for a phonetic translation: Monk&299; D. Rufi. Technically, Rufi is the correct translation, though both can be used. Luffy is by far the most used, though.

As for Zolo, it is simply a random translation used in the dubbed version of 4kids/Viz Manga. People who use it should be shot.

Lastly, the correct name IS "Gomu Gomu No *Attack name here*", Gomu meaning Rubber in Japanese. "Gum-Gum *Attack name here* is the translation used by Viz Manga, 4Kids and FUNimation dubs.

Well, I am in pain, right now. The new chapter should have come out yesterday. ;_;

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
imaloony8.0 Posted: 13:08 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723535
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Well, I'm in a chapter with a new translator, and now Luffy's name is Luefy. Sigh.

I still like the name Zolo better, because whenever I hear Zoro, I immediatly think of the American Zoro. Black outfit, fencing sword, slashes his Z into everything, exc. Zolo helps keep me from getting them mixed up.

The reason I like Gum-Gum better is because it tends to roll off the tongue more easily than Gomu-Gomu. Still, I like them much better than saying "Rubber" at the beginning of all his attacks.

I'm still mad at the bad translations. Would it kill the Translators to give it one look through and edit it to make sense to the English readers?

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Aug 29th 2009 »

TestVirus101 Posted: 20:25 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723978
TestVirus101
+
On 29-Aug-2009 imaloony8.0 said:Well, I'm in a chapter with a new translator, and now Luffy's name is Luefy. Sigh.

I still like the name Zolo better, because whenever I hear Zoro, I immediatly think of the American Zoro. Black outfit, fencing sword, slashes his Z into everything, exc. Zolo helps keep me from getting them mixed up.

The reason I like Gum-Gum better is because it tends to roll off the tongue more easily than Gomu-Gomu. Still, I like them much better than saying "Rubber" at the beginning of all his attacks.

I'm still mad at the bad translations. Would it kill the Translators to give it one look through and edit it to make sense to the English readers?
Wait until you get up to where FrankyHouse takes over translation, it gets awesome from there on in, although I think it was done well at a certain point even before they arrived, so just persevere.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 07:14 Aug30 2009 Post ID: 2724223
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Yeah, I've seen the work Franky has done on Rosario+Vampire, it's great. He may have even done a bit of Eyeshield 21 before it finished.

But some are just aweful. I don't remember one sentance in particular, only that it was such a jumbled mess of words it seems like he took magnets with words on it and chucked them at a refridgerator until he got the desired sentance.

I'm currently on chapter 104. LuEfy and his crew have just made it to the Grand Line. I assume they'll meet Chopper soon.

brian_orton Posted: 07:29 Aug30 2009 Post ID: 2724228
brian_orton
Post Likes: 0
+
I used to watch them but they dont come on air anymore.
One of my faviroute anime.

Fear leads to Hate,Hate leads to Anger and Anger leads to suffering. (Yoda)

My MSN :[email protected]
Feel free to add me.
Vasco Posted: 09:51 Aug30 2009 Post ID: 2724279
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
On 30-Aug-2009 imaloony8.0 said:Yeah, I've seen the work Franky has done on Rosario+Vampire, it's great. He may have even done a bit of Eyeshield 21 before it finished.

But some are just aweful. I don't remember one sentance in particular, only that it was such a jumbled mess of words it seems like he took magnets with words on it and chucked them at a refridgerator until he got the desired sentance.

I'm currently on chapter 104. LuEfy and his crew have just made it to the Grand Line. I assume they'll meet Chopper soon.
Oh, so you're in the part where they meet Laboon, the cute, insanely huge whale?

Well, once again, loved the latest chapter. A shame about Oars, though. Only lasted a chapter. ;(

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Displaying Page 1 of 16
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 14 | 15 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close