Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Disgruntled Store Clerks.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 17:03 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722272
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
Ever had a bad experience with a worker at a store? I did, just today.

Me and my good friend Jared roll in to our mall's RadioShack, no big deal. I need a cord for my computer, ask one of the workers, find it, and go to ring it up. The guy who rings me up seems nice, and I get my cord. Jared, because he's Jared, gets distracted with a lens cleaner, and uses it to clean the screen of his iPhone. Keep in mind this wasn't in packaging-- it was just laying out.

The Kenny Rogers lookalike doesn't say anything the whole time Jared does this, but when he turns around the guy's like, "So.. you gonna buy that?" Jared didn't say anything, and the guy acted really ****** off. He goes, "You need to straighten up, you can't just act like you own the place, you need to learn how to act decent, and how to wear a baseball cap too!" That last bit was in reference to mine and Jared's hats, which were in the stylish and classic backward position. We checked the price of the lens cleaners, by the way: 5 for a dollar.

Share your conflicts with store workers here.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 17:16 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722293
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
yes, i have had some bad experiences with store workers

one time, i needed to find a cord for my xbox 360. i thought they might have something at wall-mart (dont ask me why, they never seem to have what i need). so, i was looking around the electronics section for oh, maybe... 15 min when this person came up to me. she asked me if there was anything i needed. now, the reason she asked me this is because that day, i looked like a hobo. i didn't wear the best clothes and she thought i didn't have any money and was planning on stealing something. i knew this because there were about 20 other people around me. she walked through them and came straight to me. i said to her "no, im just looking". she then told me to get out if i wasn't going to buy anything. i then told her to treat her costomers with a little more respect, waved a $100 bill in her face, and walked out of the store like the idiot i am

:P
yes, i am a self proclaimed idiot.
Camewel Posted: 17:24 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722304
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
Post Likes: 1
+
I've got a brilliant story
I was in a shop once, and there was one of those big towers of beer cans in it. I was playing around with the trolley, and pushed it into the tower, sending cans everywhere. People falling over, employees trying to do something and a severely annoyed guy who'd just spent ages stacking the thing. Absolute chaos. I sprinted. Haven't been back there since.
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
pity Posted: 17:30 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722310
pity
Post Likes: 0
+
On 27-Aug-2009 Forgoten_Scars said:yes, i have had some bad experiences with store workers

one time, i needed to find a cord for my xbox 360. i thought they might have something at wall-mart (dont ask me why, they never seem to have what i need). so, i was looking around the electronics section for oh, maybe... 15 min when this person came up to me. she asked me if there was anything i needed. now, the reason she asked me this is because that day, i looked like a hobo. i didn't wear the best clothes and she thought i didn't have any money and was planning on stealing something. i knew this because there were about 20 other people around me. she walked through them and came straight to me. i said to her "no, im just looking". she then told me to get out if i wasn't going to buy anything. i then told her to treat her costomers with a little more respect, waved a $100 bill in her face, and walked out of the store like the idiot i am

^ Win.

You guys have pretty interesting stories.
[center]
Signature and avatar images by me.

Pooly Posted: 19:19 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722396
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Worst I've had is some fool who works on an ice cream van shout at me because I didn't put a pound coin in his hands, and that was only cause my hands were sticky from the ice cream I'd bought from him.

Still, I prefer to cause the clerks problems myself, I went to the cinema around 2 months ago and paid for a �4.40 ticket in all twenty pence pieces, the cashier's face was priceless, if only because she looked as if she was going to leap over the counter and hit me.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 19:22 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722400
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
well, seeing as you liked my story, i will provide you with another

imagine me, a little 7 year old kid, in the middle of a small store that my mother happened to work at. it wasn't very large so she let me wander around doing whatever i wanted. on this particular day, her boss came in late with a hangover. im guessing it was because he got drunk and the old pervert went to a topless bar. anyway, he then unlocked the door to the employee restroom and went in. he, unfortunately, forgot to take the keys out of the door before he went in. i was just playing with a car battery (like i said, im an idiot) when i heard loud noises coming from the restroom. being so small, my attention was immediatly directed to the set of rather shiny keys in the door
@_@
i couldn't help myself. i pulled those keys out and accidentaly locked him in. i then went off and played with the keys for a little while before hiding them in the dirt. that old perv was locked in there for 27 hours before my mom finally found they keys. he didn't like her and she didn't like him so this was the perfect opportunity to fire her. before doing that, he cussed me out in front of the whole store causing everyone to leave. i found out later that he lost all costomers because of that little act of his towards a young child

i love causing trouble for old perverts
Gamerad Posted: 19:24 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722402
Gamerad
+
I remember I went into those gimzo shops (They are so coool, like.) And my friend was bouncing a balloon, and the clerk told us to get out or she would call the police.

We just left, and never came back.

Traffic Monger Posted: 19:25 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722403
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
On 27-Aug-2009 Forgoten_Scars said:yes, i have had some bad experiences with store workers

You should've told the manager or something, lol.

Anyways, I remember going to Steak n Shake once, and I remember seeing this picture of the double steakburger, and I was pretty hungry. I go up to the man at the register to buy one, and I don't remember precisely what he said, but I remember he was reluctant to give me what I wanted(must've disturbed his one sandwich per hour plan), and after I finally get what I want, I come home to eat it. I opened it up, it was about the size of a single cheeseburger at McDonalds, and it cost me five dollars. With five dollars, I could get a double cheeseburger, fries, and a large drink with money to spare, again at somewhere like McDonalds. Oh well. :/

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
Pooly Posted: 19:27 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722404
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
On 27-Aug-2009 Gamerad said:I remember I went into those gimzo shops (They are so coool, like.) And my friend was bouncing a balloon, and the clerk told us to get out or she would call the police.

We just left, and never came back.
If that was me I'd pop the ballon in her face.
I hate it when you get a store clerk who's a complete p**** for no reason at all, or who has a go over really small things.

« Last edited by Pooly on Aug 27th 2009 »

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Austinanymous Posted: 20:30 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722441
Austinanymous
+
On 27-Aug-2009 Traffic Monger said:You should've told the manager or something, lol.

Anyways, I remember going to Steak n Shake once, and I remember seeing this picture of the double steakburger, and I was pretty hungry. I go up to the man at the register to buy one, and I don't remember precisely what he said, but I remember he was reluctant to give me what I wanted(must've disturbed his one sandwich per hour plan), and after I finally get what I want, I come home to eat it. I opened it up, it was about the size of a single cheeseburger at McDonalds, and it cost me five dollars. With five dollars, I could get a double cheeseburger, fries, and a large drink with money to spare, again at somewhere like McDonalds. Oh well. :/
See?

Meal of Champions, Lords, Etc.

Anyways, I'm stereotyped as trouble the moment I walk in to a place, even though I usually am... so yeah. My stories rock.

I think my best one, though, would have to be going in to shop N' Save with my band mates after we finished goofing around in the street with our skateboards. We walked in, put our boards in a cart, and proceeded into the belly of the store. Mind you, this is at about Ten O'Clock at night. As we're walking, we found some toilet paper. Stacked. So we took a cleaning brush and threw it at the stack, causing it to fall over. Silently, thank goodness. We walk a little further, find some Pool Noodles (xD) then backtrack to the produce. We look at some food, get a coconut, and eat some samples. Then we bought some Energy drinks (monster, To be specific), and began racing up and down aisles in the cart. Naturally, the night manager caught us and told us (and I quote) "get the **** out of my store, you little bastards."
To which we respond with;

"can we buy our coconut now?"

Moral of the story:
Don't bust your (coco)nut after you paid 4 dollars for it.

A large-breasted security guard now not-so-subtly follows us around everytime we go in there now, too.

Moral of that statement:
Cause trouble at shop n' save

My most recent, though, would be when we (all those same lovely people form the previous story)went into a local walgreens, looking to buy silly string. Before you call vandalism intent, you're wrong. We're just odd like that. Anyways, We strolled past the...
"pleasure"
Aisle. Proceeding through it to reach the aisle with silly string in it, we notice an interesting lubricant name.
"wet".
Why it was so funny, I'll never know.
But we began bursting out in laughter, to which the manager approaches us and asks if we would like to purchase something.

Bu-dum, Tish.
"i once killed an antelope, you should come over for dinner"
pwnthemonkeys Posted: 21:38 Aug27 2009 Post ID: 2722491
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
Post Likes: 5
+
I got one where I was at a seven elven and me and my little brother (he's 11) went to buy some slurpees,we went to pay and I saw this metal straw and I thought it looked awesome so I grabbed it and also put it up there,apparently the woman already rang us up and said "Look what I have to do now" or something like that all ****** off.I didn't know that until my brother told me when we left that store.

Also I went to buy a slice of pizza with a DX shirt on,and this fat chick was like does that glow in the dark or something with a smirk on her face,though a worker dude did tell her to shut up about it.

Then there was one when I was really young,probably 5 or 6,and my family and I went to costco,like a little kid I was roaming around,but with my parents still nearby,I saw a sample stand and I went to grab something on it (I think it was some granola bar or candy)and this old bag was like you can't grab this without your parents and my parents were REALLY close by and they got ****** off...and that's it,really if you were part of my family you would never see any action.
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
Volke Posted: 06:19 Aug28 2009 Post ID: 2722621
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Never really had any trouble other than this one time:

It was the day after my 16th birthday and I went to GameStation (UK video games store, as I lived in the UK at the time) to buy myself Resident Evil 4 (I think). Anyway, the staff there are usually friendly, but the guy who served me behind the counter certainly wasn't. He didn't say a word and looked like the miserable, humorless sort. Anyway, I wouldn't have had a problem if he hadn't just tossed my game back onto the counter after he had registered it.

As you might have guessed, I was not happy as a good employee would not throw a brand new game onto the counter as if he was throwing an empty can into a bin. So I just told him "Clearly manners aren't in the job description" and requested to speak to the manager. He wuoldn't call the manager, so I continued to complain until the manager came out anyway. In the end I received a 50 discount whilst the guy who served me was fired, as apparently this wasn't the first time a customer had complained about his behaviour.

I sometimes wonder how on earth he got the job in the first place.
Cataclysm Posted: 07:50 Aug28 2009 Post ID: 2722643
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Not so much as trouble, I experienced an embarassing and annoying moment just yesterday.

Because of a mistake a friend of mine had made buying my dinner (A kebab), I was firced to raid my wallet of loose change for another three euros, fifty cents. Unfortunately, I only had three thirty, and another friend had just spent twenty cents on chewing gum.
Now, we were about to go back to my friend's flat, when the idea occurred to us that, because I only wanted meat in my kebeb, not the added vegetables and sauces, it may cost less. In the past, I had sometimes been charged only three.
I went back in to ask the price, and the man serving at that moment greeted me with pleasent "Hello, friend," ("Hola amigo, if we're going to quote exactly what I said).
I'm not really used to people greeting me with friend added on, unless I know them. And for some odd reason this continued to float in my mind as I asked what I had come in to ask.
I should have said "How much does a kebeb with just meat cost?"
What I did say was: "How much does a friend cost?"
Not really that much of a climax, but when you're standing in front of an entire shop of chuckling people, it becomes somewhat more embarassing.

Eventful story.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Nic21 Posted: 13:08 Aug28 2009 Post ID: 2722737
Nic21
#holla
Post Likes: 6
+
Mine wasn't too bad. Well, its really my bro's. I went to gamestop with my bro one day, just to look around. Well, he found a rated M game he wanted so he picked it up and went to the register. The guy was just about to scan it when he said "may I see your license." so he gave it to him, and the man said, "your not old enough to purchase this game." So my bro said, "but I'm going to be 17 in 5 days." Then the man said, "I don't care, get out of my store." So we got out, and got it at walmart.

Moral of the story:
If your under 17 and are going to buy a rated M video game, go to walmart. d:
Credit to .Impact for this good lookin' guy right here<3

King of Hell Posted: 16:38 Aug28 2009 Post ID: 2722790
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
When I worked at the gas station near my house, some lady was being really annoying in the convinience store attatched to it... Long story short, I gave her 8 dollars and ten cents change in dimes, and asked her if she would like a bag.

Camewel Posted: 19:44 Aug28 2009 Post ID: 2722939
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
+
I've just remembered my all-time favourite story from my recent trip to Germany.
Me and my friends were at a random restaurant and the waitresses couldn't speak very good English. One of them was going around trying to find out who ordered the Chicken Ckicken by saying it repeatedly while holding it. One of my friends said Chicken Chicken as a mockery of her. She suddenly ran over with it and asked 'Chicken Chicken?' My friend sighed, and replied no. The waitress walked off and we all burst out laughing
Later, the same friend had no fork. He asked the waitress for a fork. One of the adults gave him theirs, but when the waitress came back he hid it under the table and asked for a fork again. When she went to get one, he started eating again with the fork he had under the table. She came back with a fork, looked at his, then looked at the one in her hand, put it on the table and walked away. More laughing.
Later still, the same friend wanted to thank her. But he said 'Thank you for providing the object which I use to consume' instead of 'thanks'. The waitress then said 'Soup?' He replied no and she went and got soup. He ended up having to pay for it though

The motto of this story: if you wind up a waitress, you end up paying for soup
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
qwertyuio Posted: 20:34 Aug28 2009 Post ID: 2722964
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Honestly, I've NEVER had any store clerk act like an *** to me. =/

California usually does have quite nice workers.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
ozzo Posted: 20:55 Aug28 2009 Post ID: 2722975
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
wolfy you should know how to respect stores and wear your caps right gosh Speak to the handSpeak to the hand

yeah you get some moody biatches. I went all "old woman" and complained about no smiles. 8- )

CurryMonster Posted: 03:31 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723148
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
This has happened several times, and it never ceases to annoy me.

I'm on my way to a party. En route, I drop into a supermarket to buy something to drink (usually either a bottle of rum or eight bottles or beer). I head up to the counter, put my stuff down on the conveyor belt and wait my turn. The girl on the till (and it is always a girl; I've never had this sort of lousy customer service from a guy) sees me, we make eye contact and she immediately starts glaring at me, adopting a face not too far removed from a bulldog with a hornet's nest up its jacksie. She doesn't know me from Adam, and already she's got a grudge. I get to the front of the queue, and she angrily demands to see my ID. Fair enough, she's only doing her job and I don't begrudge being asked, so I produce my provisional driver's license from my wallet and hand it to her. She stares at it for about ten seconds, glancing up at me periodically to make sure it is actually me, then hands it back looking sorely disappointed. Disappointed. Like telling me I can't buy these delicious beverages would have been the highlight of her day.

As I said, I don't mind being asked for ID, but they don't have to look so determined to send me away empty-handed.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
tbug2007 Posted: 07:27 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723239
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+

411 hung up on me.

I want my $2 back.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close