Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

MVP - Teams and Clans

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Next
Team SuperCheats Posted: 02:51 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759455
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
OK - Just like the MVP competition for forums, we are going to run one for Teams and Cland through all of November 2009.

We'll be looking for the team that creates the most buzz and activity in terms of good quality posts, number of new members and general good vibe.

Good luck - And may the best Chief win.

Edit: For the duration of the competition you can also vote for who you think deserves to be the SuperCheats Teams and Clans MVP: http://www.supercheats.com/bio.php

You can change your vote as many times as you like - only your final vote will be the one that is counted. You are not allowed to vote for yourself or if you have multiple accounts use those to vote for yourself - we reserve the right to ban cheaters.

« Last edited by Team SuperCheats on Nov 3rd 2009 »
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 07:06 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759491
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
oh, this one's simple. the two most active teams are Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Story and Team Glaceon Rp. the strange thing is, they get almost exactly the same ammount of posts daily (roughly 500). most of those posts do contain some quality. im sure this competition will boost the activity and quality even further.

=/
problem is, this might produce spam and posts that could be considered... harsh. posts that should be deleted. just like the forums, this is going to be hard on not only the mods there but also the team chiefs.

a few questions regarding this T&C competiton:

1) will an award go to the most active team?
2) what will happen to the most active members that make posts of good quality?
3) if a team wins, will the chief get any form of award?
Camewel Posted: 12:45 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759559
Camewel
Dual Youtuber
Post Likes: 1
+
Is this 'Team Awards'?
Click meh plz

Sig by AustinAnymous

Join
Bugsy's team, it could do with a few more members...
guy in oakland Posted: 13:08 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759565
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
great,all the teams I post in are dead D:

PSN-intayaz

Team SuperCheats Posted: 13:09 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759566
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
It is an award to a member based on his activity in the teams and clans section.

Most likley it will go to the team chief of a well run team which is attracting a good amount of new members has an active team which is useful and popular, and who posts actively in his own team and teams of other people.

We can filter for spam etc...

Not sure if there will be votes for this one or not. The coms running from now (since Nov 1 actually), and I'll put a reminder on the teams and clans homepage soon.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
XZYOE Posted: 14:41 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759587
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
Good idea for Teams.

May I suggest a thread in the official rules team be made for this?
UNLOCKED
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:45 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759590
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Well good luck to everyone else, seeing as my team is long dead.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 16:19 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759619
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
just a few problems i see as far as the team chief getting an award:

T&C has become strangly run over time. many teams have multiple chiefs using one account to run the place. prime examples of possible problems would be Official Teams HeadQuarters, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Story, Team Glaceon Rp, Team Shadow Eevee, and so on.

Official Teams HeadQuarters is run by the account TvasQwertyBugco however, the real chiefs of the teams are qwertyuio, Vasco, and tbug2007

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Story is run by the account Waffersforever however, the real chiefs are Waffersforever, Forgoten_Scars, and Glaceon. this team collects a lot of posts and holds the number 3 spot as far as posts go. if this team were to win, just giving an award to 1 account instead of the 3 actual chiefs wouldn't exactly be fair nor would it exactly make some people happy.

Team Glaceon Rp is run by Cresselia. however, the real chief is Glaceon. this team collects a lot of posts and holds the number 1 spot. due to accont changes, paul changed from Cresselia. to Glaceon not long after making the account. if this team were to win, the award would go to Cresselia seeing as its the lead account of that team. i don't think Glaceon would be too happy about this.

Team Shadow Eevee was run by zubat101 but she later changed to Ninetailed Fox. this team currently holds the number 4 spot as far as posts. while this team may not collect many post anymore, it is an example of how the chief account would not be active anymore

giving an award to the winning team's chief account might be problematic.

now, as far as posts go, here's what i've figured out over the months i've been in T&C:

zubat101/Ninetailed Fox is by far the top poster in T&C. she holds, with both accounts combined, just about 100k T&C posts. she makes about 300+ daily and the quality of them is quickly improving.

as far as quality goes, there are a few that could have a chance at this. those being people like ChrisMaclean, Waffersforever, qwertyuio, kimmy456, and so on. they make a lot of posts and the quality is almost always good

._.
honestly, with all of the posts made in T&C and the size of it, i don't know how anyone could judge a winner. im just making this post so people will be aware of the way T&C along with its members work now. how far the people have changed it from what it once was.

« Last edited by Forgoten_Scars on Nov 2nd 2009 »
Craizen Posted: 16:25 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759623
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
EmeraldRafel has about that many post too.

I may not post as much, but at least I have substance.
superbird5005 Posted: 16:33 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759628
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Well Rich, this is my insight in this:

It's a wonderful idea, but I'm afraid the people in teams may take it a bit TOO seriously. I'm afraid they would attack each other on who would win it. No offense guys, but there is a lot of drama in T&C. I would not be surprised if two teams went all out on each other on who wants to win. But this is just what I see, so some ground rules should be put down saying this is just for fun and to make teams more interesting and fun, not to see who wins it. I could always be wrong.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 16:37 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759633
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
On 02-Nov-2009 superbird5005 said:Well Rich, this is my insight in this:

It's a wonderful idea, but I'm afraid the people in teams may take it a bit TOO seriously. I'm afraid they would attack each other on who would win it. No offense guys, but there is a lot of drama in T&C. I would not be surprised if two teams went all out on each other on who wants to win. But this is just what I see, so some ground rules should be put down saying this is just for fun and to make teams more interesting and fun, not to see who wins it. I could always be wrong.
i think you're completely right. T&C is drama central of SC. there have been many cases of two teams going all out in an attmept to win... it never ends well
Craizen Posted: 16:41 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759634
Craizen
A'ight
+
Uh-hu.

But technical, to actually stop it, it probably require disqualification, which could get messy.
ChrisMaclean Posted: 16:43 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759637
ChrisMaclean
Kusanagi's Man
+
Although that is an excellent point Shawn. Me personally, I like drama, but I have my limits torwards it. It can go out of hand, or it can be smooth sailing either way.

All aside, putting an MVP for Teams is also an excellent idea indeed. Makes the main posters there not feel left out if that makes sense.

I guess we'll have to see the outcome within the long run. ^^

Signature by your's truly~
Aura Kingdom IGN: ASarcasticMage Level 77 Sorcerer/Wizard
Hel_Sama Level 42 Necromancer/Sorcerer
Sarmus Level 61 Duelist/Gunslinger
Lzxa Level 60 Ravager/Gunslinger
JackiePotato Level 47 Brawler/Ronin
Jack said:Should put something interesting here but lazy
XZYOE Posted: 16:50 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759639
XZYOE
lukie is hot
+
On 02-Nov-2009 superbird5005 said:Well Rich, this is my insight in this:

Or everyone will only post in their own team.

I think it'll go fine. The majority of Teamie Babies won't even know it is happening.
UNLOCKED
Craizen Posted: 16:52 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759640
Craizen
A'ight
+
I resent that name.

You do make a point. As long as we keep it here.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 16:54 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759641
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
On 02-Nov-2009 XZYOE said:Or everyone will only post in their own team.

I think it'll go fine. The majority of Teamie Babies won't even know it is happening.
-_-
teamie babies? personally, i take offence to that

i think it would be wise for the T&C posters to spread out rather than go and hide in their teams
balthiersbit Posted: 17:25 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759655
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
I say stop taking things so seriously and have fun with this.

And I have no problem with being called a baby...I likes that! Whistle

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

qwertyuio Posted: 17:30 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759658
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Everything that Forgoten_Scars has posted is correct...he's a smart cookie that's for sure.

In regards to FS' post:

First thing we need to get off of is declaring which team is better than the other. That is already blatantly obvious via our two different ranking systems. This competition needs to stick to actual accounts, not teams. The single most contributory T&C poster, that's what this is.

In regards to post quality being less than or greater than post numbers...I'd highly suggest we go toward the quality route. Now I'm mainly a forums poster, you all know that, but if I was to try for this competition I sure as hell wouldn't want my one great quality post to be put into the same value as 8 posts by someone like "lucario warior" who posts "hi hi hi" in 8 different teams. That, I am totally set on.

And you're correct about all the idiotic drama...I'm more than sure this will not be a smooth ride with no issues becoming of it, I wouldn't be surprised if people got banned for it, but I think it's worth a shot. After all, we don't want to prevent those who do a good job from getting the award. On XZYOE's suggestion, I will be announcing this in the Teams HQ...but not until Rich posts here again and gives off any last bits of input he might have on my and Derek's (Forgoten Scars) posts.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Volke Posted: 17:35 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759661
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
I'll easily win this. Over the last few months I've already posted nine times in Teams! There's no stopping me.
balthiersbit Posted: 18:13 Nov02 2009 Post ID: 2759688
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
^Whoaa..join my team now!

Lol..well aslong as they will be looking for quality over quantity Im happy for this to go ahead.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Displaying Page 1 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close