Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

School, Where do you draw the line?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 03:59 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773266
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
Okay i thought i should post my thoughts on this. I don't know what other schools are like but in my school people have been suspended for the most stupidest things. Last year my friend was suspended for one day because he had a water balloon in his bag. He didnt even use it or anything but he got suspended. This year when we had our photos taken a girl refused to take her make up off, she got suspended for two days. My point is the Teachers and Principals are going to far. We also have a truancy officer for those wagging. But guess what he even punishes the guys who get sent to the Re-Think Classroom(RTC). I got sent last week with my friend and he made us do 20 pushups on our knuckles on the cement. We even got sent for s stupid reason. Apparently we were disrupting the class when all the class was working and i was helping him. The question where do you draw the line and where have you stepped over?

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
rate_me Posted: 06:52 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773280
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
On 11-Dec-2009 ShadowStriker64 said:Okay i thought i should post my thoughts on this. I don't know what other schools are like but in my school people have been suspended for the most stupidest things. Last year my friend was suspended for one day because he had a water balloon in his bag. He didnt even use it or anything but he got suspended. This year when we had our photos taken a girl refused to take her make up off, she got suspended for two days. My point is the Teachers and Principals are going to far. We also have a truancy officer for those wagging. But guess what he even punishes the guys who get sent to the Re-Think Classroom(RTC). I got sent last week with my friend and he made us do 20 pushups on our knuckles on the cement. We even got sent for s stupid reason. Apparently we were disrupting the class when all the class was working and i was helping him. The question where do you draw the line and where have you stepped over?
It depends if it's public or private. A private school can, for example, do random locker searches and backpack checks because the parents gave them permission when the student was enrolled. And I don't think that the school is in the wrong for suspending those guys. Why would he have a water balloon if he wasn't going to use it? Also, it makes sense that the school was forcing her to remove her makeup since the school wants to maintain a professional, academic image which would not be helped by pictures of people wearing make up.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
MenaceSG Posted: 09:34 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773304
MenaceSG
+
I agree with rate-me, why would he have a water balloon in his back pack? And as far as the girl goes, the school probably wants to maintain a professional look about them. Though I can't see why she would receive that harsh of a penalty for not taking off her makeup. Truancy officers are a pain but they are there to make sure you stay in school. It sounds like the RTC is where those go who have done something and thus is like detention (sounds like it anyways). Now as far as going beyond that and punishing those in the RTC further is a bit much. HOwever, it sounds like this school is very disciplined and wants to maintain a record of sound academic students.

"I gotcha baby girl.."
super craig Posted: 09:40 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773307
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 11-Dec-2009 rate_me said:It depends if it's public or private. A private school can, for example, do random locker searches and backpack checks because the parents gave them permission when the student was enrolled. And I don't think that the school is in the wrong for suspending those guys. Why would he have a water balloon if he wasn't going to use it? Also, it makes sense that the school was forcing her to remove her makeup since the school wants to maintain a professional, academic image which would not be helped by pictures of people wearing make up.
The problem with the make up thing is at what point you consider violating peoples rights. I don't see anything wrong with asking her if she minded removing it but to suspend someone for it seems harsh. Now here school photos aren't made public anyway, you have your photo done, if you like it you buy it and thats it. If the school is using your photo for reasons like recruitment and outside use and needed to have that academic image I thought that you needed the permission of the student to use their photo.

I do agree with the ballon thing for the reasons rate_me has already stated and its not like he was massively punished for it.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

MenaceSG Posted: 10:03 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773313
MenaceSG
+
On 11-Dec-2009 super craig said:The problem with the make up thing is at what point you consider violating peoples rights. I don't see anything wrong with asking her if she minded removing it but to suspend someone for it seems harsh. Now here school photos aren't made public anyway, you have your photo done, if you like it you buy it and thats it. If the school is using your photo for reasons like recruitment and outside use and needed to have that academic image I thought that you needed the permission of the student to use their photo.

I do agree with the ballon thing for the reasons rate_me has already stated and its not like he was massively punished for it.
I agree, and I honestly never even thought about the violation of people's right. They do not have the right to go through private items.

"I gotcha baby girl.."
super craig Posted: 14:36 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773373
super craig
+
On 11-Dec-2009 MenaceSG said:I agree, and I honestly never even thought about the violation of people's right. They do not have the right to go through private items.
The private items is a dodgey area, I mean going through peoples bags for example may seem like it would be pushing those rights, espically if you haven't done anything but equally it might spot someone who has something that they really shouldn't have, a knife etc. It depends on what you would say is grounds for going through someones stuff.

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 15:33 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773402
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
Ah He had the water baloon because someone gave it to him in the middle of class.

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

super craig Posted: 16:07 Dec11 2009 Post ID: 2773411
super craig
+
On 11-Dec-2009 ShadowStriker64 said:Ah He had the water baloon because someone gave it to him in the middle of class.
Forgive me if I seem a little unsympathetic but that really is his own fault, while he might not have done anything with it, it was his choice to take it, he could have just said no and if you look at it from the teachers perspective thats exactly what someone who was planning to use it would have been said if they were caught. Can I ask what made the teacher check his bag in the first place?

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 01:51 Dec13 2009 Post ID: 2774077
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
Well all the fobs(thats what we call the people from like NZ,Samoa etc)had been throwing water bombs and there had been recent water fights.

g33k Posted: 21:50 Dec13 2009 Post ID: 2774366
g33k
Mr. Lurker
Post Likes: 0
+
On 11-Dec-2009 MenaceSG said:I agree, and I honestly never even thought about the violation of people's right. They do not have the right to go through private items.
If it is a private school they own the grounds and therefore can legally go through the bags, lockers, etc.

If it is a public school you are on government land and therefore they can search you for any reason they want to...
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
mewtwo7 Posted: 15:00 Dec15 2009 Post ID: 2774939
mewtwo7
Die Katze
+
If it is a private school they own the grounds and therefore can legally go through the bags, lockers, etc.

Are ya serious!?

rate_me Posted: 09:02 Dec16 2009 Post ID: 2775199
rate_me
+
On 15-Dec-2009 mewtwo7 said:If it is a private school they own the grounds and therefore can legally go through the bags, lockers, etc.

Are ya serious!?
Yes. The parents give them explicit permission when signing the contract.

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
MenaceSG Posted: 09:07 Dec16 2009 Post ID: 2775201
MenaceSG
+
Yep, forgot about it. They sign on the permission form that they are allowing their children to have their stuff searched if the school should deem necessary.

"I gotcha baby girl.."
g33k Posted: 19:05 Dec16 2009 Post ID: 2775370
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 15-Dec-2009 mewtwo7 said:If it is a private school they own the grounds and therefore can legally go through the bags, lockers, etc.

Are ya serious!?
Yes, due to the release forms that are signed, they can go through anything you bring onto the grounds the second it touches till it leaves.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
know-your-role Posted: 08:07 Dec18 2009 Post ID: 2775854
know-your-role
+
Our school has this rule that you AREN'T allowed to wear your coats or anything non-school uniform which means a jumper with no school logo on it, then you HAVE to remove it. No matter how cold it is, it's the rules. I reckon that they go TOO far with that.
E-bro: Jakethesnake14
super craig Posted: 08:18 Dec18 2009 Post ID: 2775858
super craig
+
On 18-Dec-2009 know-your-role said:Our school has this rule that you AREN'T allowed to wear your coats or anything non-school uniform which means a jumper with no school logo on it, then you HAVE to remove it. No matter how cold it is, it's the rules. I reckon that they go TOO far with that.
I'd have to agree with you there, I don't see a problem with asking people to wear school uniform but in that case its affecting people and after all you take your coat of when your in school/lessons anyway and as long as you've got uniform on under that I don't see the point in banning coats. I'm curious but if your not allowed to wear non-school uniform coats does your school actually have uniformed coats?

rate_me Posted: 18:00 Dec18 2009 Post ID: 2776071
rate_me
+
On 18-Dec-2009 know-your-role said:Our school has this rule that you AREN'T allowed to wear your coats or anything non-school uniform which means a jumper with no school logo on it, then you HAVE to remove it. No matter how cold it is, it's the rules. I reckon that they go TOO far with that.
Does that include wearing coats too and from school? I understand if they don't want you wearing them in class, but I don't get why you couldn't just put them in your locker during school hours.

Sig by roadkillman997

New account is _amo_
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 18:25 Dec18 2009 Post ID: 2776091
darkraiarceus911
+
I feel your pain. I go to a private school and they insist on crap like that. But yes schools go too far, they go too far all the time. Here are some examples,

A pre-kindergartner was suspended for having his hair too long, why was he growing it? to donate to kids with cancer.

A 13 year old girl was strip searched, thoroughly strip searched, because they thought she had marijuana. What gave them that idea? another student said she had some in her underwear. of course, she didn`t have any marijuana

Many schools have security cameras all over the building, children always viewed school as jail but this is taking it a little far...

A football player cut his schools logo design into his hair, what happened? he was suspended.

Kindergartners were suspended for playing guns and robbers, why? Because they used their fingers as guns and we all know we can`t bring guns to school!

Zero tolerance is idiotic, schools tend to take it too far.

« Last edited by darkraiarceus911 on Dec 18th 2009 »

GoldenPili Posted: 19:24 Dec18 2009 Post ID: 2776145
GoldenPili
+
I hated school when I was there... Most ridiculous rules I've ever seen. You could get searched if someone randomly yelled out "I THOUGHT YOU CHICKENED OUT WHEN YOU SAID YOU'D KNIFE THE TEACHER, BUT OOHHH BOY WAS I SURPRIZED!"

So to vent my built-up rage, I've kept records of every teacher I hated and where they lived, so now that I've graduated from High School, it's time for a little Halloween payback.

...Thank god eggs are cheap 'round my place. Evil

« Last edited by GoldenPili on Dec 18th 2009 »

When the coroner cuts me open, I want the whole room to smell like potato wedges. - Gabriel Iglasias

Cheer's to Craizen for the awesome sig and avy.
know-your-role Posted: 13:07 Dec19 2009 Post ID: 2776355
know-your-role
+
On 18-Dec-2009 darkraiarceus911 said:I feel your pain. I go to a private school and they insist on crap like that. But yes schools go too far, they go too far all the time. Here are some examples,

A pre-kindergartner was suspended for having his hair too long, why was he growing it? to donate to kids with cancer.

A 13 year old girl was strip searched, thoroughly strip searched, because they thought she had marijuana. What gave them that idea? another student said she had some in her underwear. of course, she didn`t have any marijuana

Many schools have security cameras all over the building, children always viewed school as jail but this is taking it a little far...

A football player cut his schools logo design into his hair, what happened? he was suspended.

Kindergartners were suspended for playing guns and robbers, why? Because they used their fingers as guns and we all know we can`t bring guns to school!

Zero tolerance is idiotic, schools tend to take it too far.
Children view our school as jail too.

We can stash coats away in our lockers, for sure but all I'm saying is with the weather like it is now, the teachers should show a little remorse to students wearing their coats. I agree that you have to take them off in class but it's a really fussy rule for the WHOLE BUILDING.
E-bro: Jakethesnake14
Displaying Page 1 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close