Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Yet another T&C suggestion

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 21:21 Dec29 2009 Post ID: 2779524
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Okay, I would like to address a problem that a lot of people in T&C have been complaining about. This problem would be the current system of archiving thread. I say it needs to be made more like the forums. There are a few things that need to be done for this to happen:

• The threads are made more like the forums. They can be opened and closed via disgression of the team chief or T&C Moderator
  • An active thread positioning system is introduced... will be explained later
  • A system of locking is put in place... will be explained later

Now, to the first point. The current system in the teams lets you close threads but you can't open them. The only real thing you can do with an archived thread is delete them if you don't want them around anymore. What I have noticed is that a lot of teams have repeated threads archive, most likely because they had to close a thread to do something else and wanted it back after they were done. The only way to go about having that thread back is to make a new one. This clutters up things and just makes a team messy. I ask that a system of opening the thread is put up if a team has an open thread spot. Not only would this help with momentary closes in the event that the leader will not be present but it will also free up space in the team, making it (hopefully) more productive.

To the second point now, a positioning system. Each team has 5 spots to have a thread open. As soon as a new thread is made, it is automatically put at the lowest position on the team. I say that these positions need to be given numbers or something so a thread can be moved up or down on the list. Say someone deletes or closes a chat thread that was at the top of their team. All of the other threads are active and buzzing. If the leader wishes to make a new chat thread, it will be put at the bottom of the list. Now, that leader wants it at the top but to get it there, he or she would have to close all other thread and reopen them. The solution to this would be a positioning system put into the 'Manage Forum' page for the chief

My third and final point, a locking system. Say a thread is closed by a staff member who has a valid reason for doing this. If the option was given to the chief to open their threads back up, they could simply undo what was done by the Moderator. What I ask is that a system is put up so that a chief can't open up a thread that has been closed by a Moderator for T&C. The only way for that thread to be opened is by the actions of another T&C Moderator. This would keep things in order and let bad thread remain closed. Now, this last point still needs work done to it... that's where you all come in. This seems like it could be easily abused. Any suggestions for ways around it?

Thanks for the input :D

« Last edited by Forgoten_Scars on Dec 29th 2009 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
tbug2007 Posted: 21:22 Dec29 2009 Post ID: 2779525
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
I told you my input. In short, I agree, but don't find the third thing really necessary.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
qwertyuio Posted: 21:39 Dec29 2009 Post ID: 2779534
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
1 - Yes

2 - Yes, previously suggested

3 - Yes. To answer your question, everything can be abused...but we don't. It'll be fine. That can't be abused any more than our current abilities.

Well thought out and explained, Derek.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Xeta Posted: 22:02 Dec29 2009 Post ID: 2779536
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Can we add a sorting option as well?
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Team SuperCheats Posted: 02:32 Dec30 2009 Post ID: 2779613
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Thanks for the suggestion, we can do all of these - but to be honest it will all have to go wait a bit - the more items we address now the more time it takes to get the new design in place.

So I will pass this thread to Mark saying we should do these and he'll implement them when it is logicially the most efficient time to do these.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 08:24 Dec30 2009 Post ID: 2779650
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
tbug2007 said:I told you my input. In short, I agree, but don't find the third thing really necessary.

I suggested the last point for one very simple reason, an alternative to deleting a thread. If it just went back and forth between a chief and Moderator opening and closing a thread, I'm sure the Moderator would eventually get fed up and delete the thread. If the chief can't open the thread back up, then he or she gets to keep the thread and the posts in it. I suggested that it is able to be opened by another T&C Moderator in the even that the first Moderator was wrong or the Moderator has found it safe to open the thread back up. It may strip some power from the chiefs of T&C but it will ultimately make them happier, especially with the degree of understanding that the current staff there have

qwertyuio said:1 - Yes

2 - Yes, previously suggested

3 - Yes. To answer your question, everything can be abused...but we don't. It'll be fine. That can't be abused any more than our current abilities.

Well thought out and explained, Derek.

I did go back to look at that thread before making this one. Only reason I brought that second point up is because Rich never posted in that thread and also because it fit into this idea. And thanks for the nice words :3

Xeta said:Can we add a sorting option as well?

Forgive me, I'm only half awake due to it still being early here. Would you elaborate on that a little please?

Team SuperCheats said:Thanks for the suggestion, we can do all of these - but to be honest it will all have to go wait a bit - the more items we address now the more time it takes to get the new design in place.

So I will pass this thread to Mark saying we should do these and he'll implement them when it is logicially the most efficient time to do these.

Quite understandable that it would take time. What I suggested is quite a bit of work to do for any programmer. The people of T&C thank you for agreeing to implement these features :D

« Last edited by Forgoten_Scars on Dec 30th 2009 »
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 14:33 Dec30 2009 Post ID: 2779724
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
A positioning system is a great idea. It would be really nice being able to change the thread order without closing any of the threads.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Xeta Posted: 05:21 Dec31 2009 Post ID: 2779902
Xeta
Beneta
+
^ That's basically at I meant by a sorting option.

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 08:25 Dec31 2009 Post ID: 2779931
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
;_;
So you didn't understand my second point until she repeated it? Damn... I need to work on my wording
Craizen Posted: 23:19 Dec31 2009 Post ID: 2780225
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
^Happens to me too.

The Reposition will be great appreciated.
Xeta Posted: 23:24 Dec31 2009 Post ID: 2780226
Xeta
Beneta
+
Forgoten_Scars said:;_;
So you didn't understand my second point until she repeated it? Damn... I need to work on my wording

I think it was more of I tl;dr issue.

geezerguy Posted: 09:23 Jan01 2010 Post ID: 2780429
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
Nice, Derek. Very well explained and I agree with all suggestions.

Glad Mark will be looking into this. Smile
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close