Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Soul Silver

Slot Machines

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 11:21 Jan04 2010 Post ID: 2782233
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
+
http://www.serebii.net/hear...er.shtml

It looks like they have changed a few things with the slot machines. For example the background color will affect your chances for getting matchups. So what do you think of these changes? Do you think they'll help or hinder you in the game corner?

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 11:59 Jan04 2010 Post ID: 2782250
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
+
I really do like the changes despite the fact that I suck at that thing. One thing did catch my eye in the bonus mode

~The Bonus mode is activated when you obtain 3 7s or 3 Pok�balls. In this Bonus Mode, you have to match up pictures of the starter Pok�mon of Johto (Chikorita, Cyndaquil & Totodile). You have 8 tries to do this, and you get told the Pok�mon you are to get. Usually, the machine will give you one or two of the slides and you have to stop the other one with perfect timing to win the prize

The prizes begin at 20 coins and progessively go up as you succeed more. The speed of the slots also increase to create a further challenge.

The speed increasing is what I was looking at. Why do they have to make it so hard? I can't be expected to have split second timing on this thing... ;_;

« Last edited by Forgoten_Scars on Mar 6th 2010 »
Ryuujin Posted at: 12:46 Jan04 2010 Post ID: 2782268
Ryuujin
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I've played the slots here. I don't remember everything about them, but they're...okay, I guess? Idk, I never go to the Game Corner in these games anyway.
~ My Theme ~
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 18:27 Jan04 2010 Post ID: 2782459
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
+
Most likely, the only reason I'll ever go there is for TM35, Flamethrower. Seems I always need that thing and the only way I can think of getting it is through these slot machines and the beautiful coins they give out :3
Ryuujin Posted at: 20:15 Jan04 2010 Post ID: 2782550
Ryuujin
+
+
I think you can get that at one or both of the department stores, as well. And I think you can get both Flamethrower and Thunderbolt in the Cerulean Cave, also.
~ My Theme ~
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 06:42 Jan06 2010 Post ID: 2783212
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
+
....And now I have to ask, is there really any point in them having these slot machines in the game? Has anyone every really played them just for fun?
Ryuujin Posted at: 15:50 Jan06 2010 Post ID: 2783394
Ryuujin
+
+
I play them for fun occasionally. The Hoenn roulette boards were the most fun, though.
~ My Theme ~
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 17:27 Jan06 2010 Post ID: 2783456
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
+
I play them for fun alot sometimes for hours. I can't help but wonder if my luck will be better or worse in SS with the changes they've made though.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 17:39 Jan06 2010 Post ID: 2783460
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
+
It seems they only get harder with every passing game due to them adding new things to the slot machine game. My money says that your luck will be even worse in SS when it comes to these things :3
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 18:01 Jan06 2010 Post ID: 2783462
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
+
I have a feeling you may be right about that.

Ryuujin Posted at: 18:35 Jan06 2010 Post ID: 2783483
Ryuujin
+
+
I tried them, but I don't remember how I did. >:
~ My Theme ~
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 19:05 Jan07 2010 Post ID: 2783905
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
i just beat teh E4 a lot nad buy the coins instead of playing.

anyone find it funny that the goldenrod game corners pokemon are lvl 20 and the celdon game corners are lvl 5.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Crystilia Posted at: 21:35 Jan07 2010 Post ID: 2783979
Crystilia
+
+
Forgoten_Scars said:....And now I have to ask, is there really any point in them having these slot machines in the game? Has anyone every really played them just for fun?

I have, but I do it to earn coins to earn Pok�hman and items. Smile
Join Sonic Oblivion
Want to see the "real" me?
Sonic
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 19:45 Jan09 2010 Post ID: 2784800
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
+
What else would the coins be good for? Just to stare at and have them look all pretty? :3
I just can't bring myself to play this for fun. The damn thing constantly cheats and I always lose money. Its bullcrap I say, bullcrap! D<
Waffersforever Posted at: 19:37 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785894
Waffersforever
+
+
Forgoten_Scars said:....And now I have to ask, is there really any point in them having these slot machines in the game? Has anyone every really played them just for fun?

I have. In fact, I play the Slots on Platinum at least once every few days. So many shiny coins to be earned Derek. Like in a Mario game :D
Bow down to da Cookie Lord, lover of Steel types~<3

^Lubs to the mouse and Derek <3^
Choice Scarf+Hasty Nature+252 Speed EV's+Aggron= Scrap, my newest Aggron ;p
Wanna IM/E-Mail/love me?
[email protected]
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 19:39 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785895
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
+
I think someone needs to lay off of the slots for a little while. No one likes a psychotic cookie with an addiction. Its just plain wrong
Waffersforever Posted at: 19:43 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785896
Waffersforever
+
+
But it's the closest thing we'll get to gambling in a kid's video game DX
If you think about Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald, they had the roulette wheel.

Wanna IM/E-Mail/love me?
[email protected]
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 19:48 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785897
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
+
...Just avoid Vegas when you grow up. Based on your current attitude towards these things in this game series, I can already tell that you're going to go broke after spending all your money on the real thing =/
Waffersforever Posted at: 19:55 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785900
Waffersforever
+
+
Derek, that's why its a game. The only reason I would go to Vegas is to stalk Gabby, perhaps Evil

Wanna IM/E-Mail/love me?
[email protected]
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 20:06 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785902
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
+
That's my thing, hands off D< (Make a sexual joke and I'll hit your toez with a shovel)
Games can easily influence the thoughts of people with a history of mental disorders... like you :3
The game will grab you by the belt buckle and pull you in. Its main attraction will be the coins that spew forth from the menacing slot machines. Once it does grab you, it will never let go. The game will eat you alive. If you don't want to lose your mind over these things, destroy your game.... NOW
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 571901

Post Top
Click to close