Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

End Of The World-According to the bible

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 22:42 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787390
darkraiarceus911
Post Likes: 0
+
According to the "Revelation" (lets just say the end of the world according to this is literal) The end of the world would come and would start by the earth being ravaged by: disease, natural disasters, war, and there would be an unusual amount of demonic activity. Then the first Antichrist would come. He would be a man of power, wildly popular, and falsely claim to bring peace.

Then the false prophet would appear, he would be able to perform miracles, the most notable? Bring fire down from the sky. After gaining people`s trust he would force them to mark the back of their hand with the number 6, and those who didn`t wear it would not be allowed to buy or sell merchandise.

Once that`s done there would be a showdown between Jesus and Satan, Jesus makes Satan`s army literally dissolve and everyone would go to heaven.

That`s basically how to world ends according to the bible, though I doubt it`s true. But if it is true then it`s already begun. The world is ravaged by war, disease,natural disasters, and the Vatican even made exorcism squads so exorcisms are more readily available to the public due to supposed jump in demonic activity.

I don`t really consider this to be a very serious topic, so just talk about it and if you have any evidence to support or debunk please share.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Ryuujin Posted: 22:46 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787393
Ryuujin
+
Wouldn't this go in Debate & Discussion?

That false prophet is forgetting 2 other sixes on his hand... =_=
~ My Theme ~
tbug2007 Posted: 22:48 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787394
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
I'm fairly sure it said the "earth will be destroyed by fire".

I don't recall it saying anything about disease and natural disaster, seeing as both were present in their time...

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Xeta Posted: 22:51 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787399
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Four horsemen Taylor.

I don't believe in anything else in the bible, so no. It don't phaze me.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
g33k Posted: 22:54 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787401
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
Anyway yes, the Bible pretty much said what you said, except it was "666" not "6".

And book and verse where it says satan's army will disolve please, and Rev. is taken differently by each denomintaion for the most part so which stance of it are you trying to talk about? Premillenniusm (spelling) or...?

And at Xeta, the horsemen weren't that, they are given power to kill a fourth of the worlds population. I believe he is referring to the bowls or wrath or something....

« Last edited by g33k on Jan 14th 2010 »
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
rate_me Posted: 22:54 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787402
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
Revelations is about the persecution of Christians by the Romans, not the end of the world.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
g33k Posted: 22:55 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787403
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
rate_me said:Revelations is about the persecution of Christians by the Romans, not the end of the world.

Proof of this please?

Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Jirachi X Posted: 22:55 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787404
Jirachi X
+
According to Megadeth with the four Horse Men:

A white horse on the clouds of death
A red warhorse to end all wars
A pale horse and pestilence led
By a black horse with famine and scales

I plan on getting 666 tattooed on my bicep, does that count?

« Last edited by Jirachi X on Jan 14th 2010 »
I'm gone - bye
g33k Posted: 22:58 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787405
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
Jirachi X said:According to Megadeth with the four Horse Men:

How does this pertain to the debate?

Who is Megadeth? Link to sources please.

Xeta Posted: 23:07 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787410
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
g33k said:

He's explaining, to his knowledge, of who the four horsemen are. To my knowledge, he is correct. Megadeth is a band.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
g33k Posted: 23:11 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787411
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
Xeta said:
g33k said:

He's explaining, to his knowledge, of who the four horsemen are. To my knowledge, he is correct. Megadeth is a band.

What does a band have to do with the Bible?

http://kingjbible.com/revelation/6.htm

Link to Rev. Ch. 6 which covers the four horsemen

« Last edited by g33k on Jan 14th 2010 »

Jirachi X Posted: 23:12 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787412
Jirachi X
+
g33k said:
Jirachi X said:Hi

Its a band... http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Blessed-Are-The-Dead-lyrics-Megadeth/5853004FC5CE0CA948257308000F4A20

It was relevant because I was combining what was said about the end of the world starting with wars and famine etc and combining it with the people who were talking about the four horseman.

The 666 coment was relevant to people getting 'forced to put 6 on the back of their hands'.

Basically I was having a joke if you want to look at that way...
darkraiarceus911 said:I don`t really consider this to be a very serious topic

But I still had relevance; The fact that people are willing to put 'the devils' number on their body symbolises that humanity has moved far away from god and if the theory stated in the first post was true, now would be the time for it to start happening.

« Last edited by Jirachi X on Jan 14th 2010 »
I'm gone - bye
Austinanymous Posted: 23:13 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787413
Austinanymous
+
As I recall the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are Pestilence, Famine, War and Death. Not entirely sure.

I've never been one to follow the bible, however I think to some degree the idea that the world will come to it's knees because of the previously mentioned causes (Pestilence, Famine, War) is entirely plausible. Not to say they'd all happen at once, though. Famine and war are conceivable but for pestilence to come in time with the other two would be purely coincidental and only further the 'downfall'.

Wonders of the bible; it's so vague it can be considered plausible.
"i once killed an antelope, you should come over for dinner"
ShadowStriker64 Posted: 04:00 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787440
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
Never read the bible.Dont follow any religion.But basically its all bullshit they way i see it.we'll just die out like everything else.

I remember one time we were in the libary and me nad my friends had all finished our assignment and my friend got the bible out and we like started reading it..it was hilarious.seriously man made from dirt,women made from mans rib...take no offence to this you bible people its just my opinion.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

tbug2007 Posted: 07:41 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787501
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
g33k said:
rate_me said:Revelations is about the persecution of Christians by the Romans, not the end of the world.

Proof of this please?

Eh, alot of it can't be taken completely literally. The only thing we really know is that the earth will be destroyed by fire somehow.

xD Probably by a nuclear war.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Catharsis Posted: 11:32 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787580
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
Nuclear war doesn't burn the world, the fallout freezes the world. However when the Sun eventually reaches the end of its life then when it expands it will either engulf the Earth or render it lifeless due to intense heat. So yes, unless the planet somehow gets knocked out of orbit before the death of the sun, it will burn eventually.

As for Revelations, though... there is a lot of evidence to support rate_me's theory that it's a heavily metaphorical account of the persecution of early Christians by the Romans. Although I feel the need to point out that in the earliest known version of the Bible that refers to the Number of the Beast, it's 616 and not 666. So preachers, Satanists and heavy metal bands have in fact probably been quoting the wrong number all this time.

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 20:05 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787736
darkraiarceus911
+
666 is I believe (correct me if I`m wrong) is the number of the beast, not Satan and the false prophet is supposed to be the beast. BUT i don`t want this to be a serious debate just a topic I thought would be interesting.

super craig Posted: 20:19 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787742
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
darkraiarceus911 said:666 is I believe (correct me if I`m wrong) is the number of the beast, not Satan and the false prophet is supposed to be the beast. BUT i don`t want this to be a serious debate just a topic I thought would be interesting.

Wherebouts did you first post it? I assume it was in GC. If you don't want it to be a serious debate then it might be an idea to move it back, the more laid back approach there might be more what you are looking for. I'll leave it up to you, its completely fine here but you will get more serious debate or if you want it moved back just give me a post and I'll shift it.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 21:15 Jan15 2010 Post ID: 2787757
darkraiarceus911
+
super craig said:
darkraiarceus911 said:666 is I believe (correct me if I`m wrong) is the number of the beast, not Satan and the false prophet is supposed to be the beast. BUT i don`t want this to be a serious debate just a topic I thought would be interesting.

Wherebouts did you first post it? I assume it was in GC. If you don't want it to be a serious debate then it might be an idea to move it back, the more laid back approach there might be more what you are looking for. I'll leave it up to you, its completely fine here but you will get more serious debate or if you want it moved back just give me a post and I'll shift it.

I put it in general chat since I didn`t want this to be serious, but either way is okay.

ShadowStriker64 Posted: 03:31 Jan17 2010 Post ID: 2788360
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
Catharsis said:Nuclear war doesn't burn the world, the fallout freezes the world. However when the Sun eventually reaches the end of its life then when it expands it will either engulf the Earth or render it lifeless due to intense heat. So yes, unless the planet somehow gets knocked out of orbit before the death of the sun, it will burn eventually.

As for Revelations, though... there is a lot of evidence to support rate_me's theory that it's a heavily metaphorical account of the persecution of early Christians by the Romans. Although I feel the need to point out that in the earliest known version of the Bible that refers to the Number of the Beast, it's 616 and not 666. So preachers, Satanists and heavy metal bands have in fact probably been quoting the wrong number all this time.

if we get knocked out of orbit we all die anyway.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close