Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

What animé are you watching right now?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 15 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous
Espada Vampiro Posted: 09:45 Jan17 2012 Post ID: 3087097
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
Post Likes: 1
+
Eh I guess I'd rate it a 4.8, I love the series, but IMO I hate how persistant the other girls like Siesta are being, when it's clearly obvious Saito and Louise love each.....

Also, watched the new Mirai Nikki.............safe to say by now, Yuno is a lot more insane then I thought, I swear Minene is gonna end up being my favorite female character at the rate she's going....

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Current Obsession: Disgaea 4.......And Hii-chan X3.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 13:17 Jan17 2012 Post ID: 3087121
Cervantes De Leon
Post Likes: 0
+
My thoughts on the latest Mirai Nikki:
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Oh, come on! Someone had to!

Started watching Another. First episode is incredibly atmospheric, so I forsee great things for this horror series.
*starts loading yesterday's second episode*

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Vasco Posted: 08:36 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103171
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
R-r-r-revived.

Recently finished watching:

• Black Rock Shooter -- Enjoyable in the same way as the original OVA. Didn't find it particularly interesting.
  • Fairy Tail OVA 3 -- Blargh.
  • Guilty Crown -- Phenomenal soundtrack, horrible (horrible!) story and characters.
  • Nisemonogatari -- Expected something different from it. Can't say I'm disappointed, though.
  • Steins;Gate: Oukoubakko no Poriomania -- Approved.

Currently watching:

• Ano Natsu de Matteru -- Not exactly original, but it's one of my favorites this season.
  • Chihayafuru -- Absolute favorite of the past few months. Will cry myself to sleep if we don't get a second season.
  • Cross Game -- Great. Seriously. Watched 15 episodes this weekend, and I have two exams coming up.
  • Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou -- BABABA RARIRA BABA! Also great.
  • Fairy Tail -- Meh. The manga is several times better.
  • Mayo Chiki! -- Picked it up again. It's not bad, just not that exciting either.
  • Mirai Nikki -- Enjoying it, when I'm not hating Yuki.

« Last edited by Vasco on Mar 27th 2012 »

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 12:26 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103263
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
My list doesn't waver much from yours, Vasco.

Watching:

Ano Natsu de Matteru
// Kaito annoys me. Only kept watching for Tetsuro and hoping for him to get a good end.

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
// One of my favorites, if not my favorite this season. I sing along with the ending each time.
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Mirai Nikki
// Enthralling. Finds a way to tear my heart apart yet make me want to watch more.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
// Just a rewatch. Always gets me pumped when I need to be.

Nichijou
// Never watched it when it came out, so I'm watching it now. I enjoy it thoroughly.

« Last edited by dark_wolf_33 on Mar 26th 2012 »
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 18:25 Mar26 2012 Post ID: 3103395
Cervantes De Leon
+
Right, since everyone's splurging a few months worth of viewing material...

Recent finishes:

Black Rock Shooter
Enjoyable. Stutters a bit at the start ("I thought you were going to be a little bird and take me to new worlds"*), but gets very dark later on with some particuarly well done fight scenes.

Highschool DxD
Hold it! Hold it right there! If you've heard of this show, you are probably fully aware of just how much of a fanservice-fest this show is. Yes, it is, but it also has a very good plot behind it and, like BRS, some decent fight scenes. If you don't mind all the boobs, it's actually worth a watch.

Steins;Gate OVA
It's pretty much the show of Spring/Summer back in full force. A breather compared to how far the series went at the end, but it gives a great reflection of how things went after the finalé, along with some very subtle hints towards the upcoming movie.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Oh HELL yes, this show is outright amazing. Pure enjoyment with just a slight drop at the start of the second story arc. There really isn't much else to say about this show, you should all know who the hell this is.

Another
Ok, just finished this one. My thoughts...wow. The atmosphere is very Silent Hill-esque, the story highly intriguing and the twists shocking. I'm trying to avoid talking about anything major here, but I'll never be able to look at an umbrella in the same way again...

Watching:

Ano Natsu de Matteru
Again, just got the final episode to go, but it has been a very good trip there. Credit where its due for deconstructing the fanservice character trope**.

Moretsu Pirates/Bodacious Space Pirates
Excluding DxD, this is the surprise of the season for me. I was expecting something a bit more moe and fanservice-y, but what we have here is a fun, atmosphericly beautiful show that can take itself both seriously and have a sense of humour about itself. Highly reccommended, even if just for the soundtrack.
Also, main character Marika is protagonist of the season for me.

Mirai Nikki
Dark, twisted, incredibly good. I've made my thoughts clear on the Mirai Nikki thread, saying too much more may go to spoilers reguarding the newest episode (episode 23).

*Spoiler:
click to reveal

**Spoiler:
click to reveal

By ozzo

Vasco Posted: 11:49 Mar27 2012 Post ID: 3103561
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
+
dark_wolf_33 said:Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
// One of my favorites, if not my favorite this season. I sing along with the ending each time.
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Spoiler:
click to reveal

The final episode came out this morning (for me, that is), so I'll probably watch it tonight with Ano Natsu. As for what to watch next, I'll probably pick up Bakuman 2 and Another now that they're both finished.

Also, has anyone seen the Gurren Lagann movies? You're making me want to re-watch the series, but I've never watched the movies. Since they tell the same story, I might as well give them a shot.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 12:50 Mar27 2012 Post ID: 3103564
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Yeah, I'm still struggling with what to watch after Danshi Koukousei and Ano Natsu as well. Losing Danshi makes me feel empty inside, although I'm not as attached to Ano Natsu. Guess I'll just stick with finishing Mirai Nikki and see what summer brings.
Jay_Dee Posted: 23:22 Apr05 2012 Post ID: 3105448
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
I'm currently watching through Samurai Champloo. On the... sixth episode, I believe.
Espada Vampiro Posted: 10:13 Apr06 2012 Post ID: 3105524
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
Watched the first couple episodes of Deadman Wonderland, gotta say I like it, Guess it's mainly cause of Shirou though, I am now tempter to make a banner of her >.>.

Nisa and Pram........My Strongest Mage and Fist fighter yet and only getting stronger....FLAT POWER! XD *is frozen by Pram then busted into pieces by Nisa*.

Cervantes De Leon Posted: 17:12 Apr11 2012 Post ID: 3106732
Cervantes De Leon
+
I've had my eye on Deadman Wonderland for a while. Hopefully, I'll get round to it at some point.

New season, new anime. Alongside carrying on with Bodacious Space Pirates, finishing Mirai Nikki and getting round to ep 1 of Accel World, I have started this season:

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Of The Dead
First series was really good, and this looks to be carrying on with it. Some may take issue with it towards the end seeming like a redo of season one's first episode, but it does its job of bringing you back in to the show well, as well as starting to set up a few things, such as a new character (the most adorable drunk you will ever see, who also pukes rainbows) and the breaking of Mysteltein.
Also, the new ED is both adorable and hilarious.

Sankarea
Interesting first episode. The main character certainly has a weird fetish (zombie love), while Rea's father, just from what we hear of him, seems pretty messed up. I like that this seems to take your usual romantic comedy style and put a darker mood to it, especially that last scene where MC sees Rea as a zombie*.
Also, nice Shaun of the Dead reference at the start.

Mysterious Girlfriend X
Watched this one as part of my uni's anime society. It's...a strange one, to say the least. The humour is at times gross-out with its obsession with drool, but it still has me intrigued as to how they go with it. Also, I go like the retro art style the show has, sort of like an anime out of the 90's.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Not quite what I was expecting, but I'm still pretty much hooked by this one. It introduces us to the characters and the current scenario (though I assume the next episode will flash back to when the two MC's first met, seeing as it was a case of being thrown in at the deep end at the start). Very well animated too, with one scene near the end being outright jaw-dropping. Very likable female lead, best OP of the season...this is my current pick for anime of the Spring line-up.

Also saw the first episodes of Medaka Box and Rock Lee. The former is, personally, rather meh while the latter was, also personally, rather awful. Then again, the last one is based off the opinion of someone who has never watched a single episode of Naruto. The things an anime society will show just because someone actually wants something rubbish on...

« Last edited by Cervantes De Leon on Apr 11th 2012 »

By ozzo

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 04:40 Apr12 2012 Post ID: 3106793
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Started watching The Tatami Galaxy for the eyecandy and I'm really surprised at how good of a show it is. Very good, actually.

Wanting to finish up Mirai Nikki and decide what new season anime I'll watch. I'll probably be giving the new Lupin III a shot, I've heard good things about it.
gtsanophsnksty Posted: 18:49 Apr16 2012 Post ID: 3107544
gtsanophsnksty
+
Finished the anime, Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn a few weeks ago, and I loved it. To be honest, it was kinda bleh from the start, but it starts to get interesting on episode 20, and on later episodes. There's a total of 203 episodes, but watching it all was worth it.

I'm always trying to find animes that are completed, to watch.
Currenly watching C3. To me, it's alright. A bit funny, but I'm sure I'll like it more when I keep watching.

« Last edited by gtsanophsnksty on Apr 16th 2012 »
Warrior13 Posted: 12:49 May01 2012 Post ID: 3109781
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
As of today, I'm watching Pokemon and Legend of Korra.
M.J Posted: 08:46 Jun19 2012 Post ID: 3121430
M.J
Post Likes: 3
+
Currently Watching:

Witchblade (Honestly I have to continuously restart this series because I'm constantly forgetting to watch it since I pick up a new anime series every weekend)

Dragonball Z Season 2 (Rewatching it)

Slayers (Actually watching the seasons backwards from Revolution to Next to the very first... don't ask me why)

Akira (A film, not a series. For some apparent reason this is my favorite film whilst many do not even begin to contemplate the film nor understand it's meaning)

NANA (Really need to get the second season to this)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
Espada Vampiro Posted: 22:09 Jun20 2012 Post ID: 3121992
Espada Vampiro
Fire Spirit Envoy's Pet.
+
One I started watching recently: Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?. Gotta say, I really like it, it's funny, my favorite easily has to be either Haruna or Yuki/Tomonori/Maelstrom, whichever people call her more often....Haven't gotten into the second season yet.

As well as Fate/Zero....
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Cervantes De Leon Posted: 17:29 Jun22 2012 Post ID: 3122592
Cervantes De Leon
+
Espada Vampiro said:it's funny, my favorite easily has to be either Haruna or Yuki/Tomonori/Maelstrom, whichever people call her more often

Tomonori, good choice.

There's a LOT I'm watching at the moment, so I'm going to cut some of them away by linking to two blog posts I've made about the currently airing stuff.

As for the rest...

Neon Genesis Evagellion
Having hit episode 20, the show's well known "Holy crap!" factor has started to truly kick in. It's...pretty much everything that I've been hearing about. I do, however, still prefer what many people say is its modern day counterpart, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Elfin Lied
I lately decided to continue with this series, having initially dropped it due to having moments of being incredibly boring. It has improved in the last few episodes, beginning to delve in to Lucy's past involving the main character, by way of a particularly disturbing scene that really hits home the show's themes of prejudice and "Humans are scum".

Gintama
Now that Gintama has gotten past its string of character introduction episodes, it has more free reign to do whatever the hell it wants, which proves more often than not to be outright hilarious, catering to a wide berth of comedy types (slapstick, straight man, pop-culture references, self-aware, meta, etc...). It's also hit its first moment of being a bit more serious in a 2-part amnesia story arc, yet still manages to be very funny.

Hetalia
5 minute chunks of historical comedy, genius. The humour at times does have some shock value to it (one instance of Germany sighing over the prospect of a present to him being "another jew"), which gives it a bit more of a way to stand out.

Clannad
I was pretty much sold on this show before the first episode's opening, the opening scene is that good. When something like this happens, you've got something special on your hands. At the moment (4 episodes in) I can't fault this show at all and will be continuing it with high interest.

« Last edited by Cervantes De Leon on Jun 22nd 2012 »

By ozzo

dynamitekid123 Posted: 03:15 Jul01 2012 Post ID: 3125492
dynamitekid123
Blu Engineer
+
I haven't gotten to watch much anime lately, but I've been watching Squid Girl. Kinda has that "Keroro Gunso" vibe to it.

I LIVE
fujikay Posted: 02:05 Oct12 2012 Post ID: 3159613
fujikay
+
the basketball of kuroko
Displaying Page 15 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close