Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Potter or malfoy

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Pottermaster Posted: 16:34 Feb17 2010 Post ID: 2804126
Pottermaster
Post Likes: 0
+
Who do you think is better harry potter or draco malfoy and please stay m topic
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
qwertyuio Posted: 17:05 Feb17 2010 Post ID: 2804142
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Moving to proper forum
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Volke Posted: 17:34 Feb25 2010 Post ID: 2807179
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Malfoy. As a person, he's far more interesting. I mean, when you consider Harry's personality, he doesn't have much of one. I mean, his backstory is interesting enough, but what exactly are you supposed talk about to him when you're having a pint at a bar with him? It stops dead at defeating Voldemort and perhaps a little Quidditch (which wouldn't last long because he doesn't actually know much about teams, leagues and such). Malfoy would talk about himself and his father too much, but at least he has a personality.

Also, qwert, this is about Harry Potter characters, not mentioning the games at all. This really belongs in the Books Forum. If the topic creator intended otherwise, then he has but to speak out.

Moving...
bowow Posted: 21:04 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809610
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
i would pick potter because i would ask him whats it like talking to snakes.

i would end up in azkaban if i was talking to malfoy

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
sphynxx Posted: 20:23 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810961
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
I've got to look at it from this point of view;

What are they like around their friends?

Draco; Doesn't have any. He has Crabbe & Goyle - they aren't his friends. More like they, like their fathers would be to Lucius, merely people who are beneath Draco in social standing, and standing within the Death Eaters - he treats them as such. They don't have a true friendship. Dracos sole redeeming quality - he didn't want to kill Dumbledore. He was all talk, like every bully, he's a coward beneath the swagger.

Harry; he's your everyday kind of kid. Someone mentioned he doesn't have a personality. Well he must do, especially if he's able to keep both Ron & Hermoine as such close friends. Not to mention Fred & George & Ginny. He treats his friends the same as I do. With loyalty, respect & love. Sure, he's come from one world, and is thrust into another, no-one can expect him to do anything else barr what he has.

Someone mentioned speaking to them over a pint or something - Draco wouldn't be caught anywhere going for a 'pint.' That kind of thing is, as far his family is concerned beneath them. as for Harry, as we don't know what he's done for 19 years after the fall of Voldemort, except for care for Teddy Lupin as his own son, and breed like a rabbit with Ginny to have his own sons & daughter, he could have very well finished school & possibly have been recruited like Oliver Wood to a Quiditch Team. Quiditch was Harrys one great love. It was the thing that he could be recognised as being good at, not because of his past, but because of his talents.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Volke Posted: 05:27 Mar06 2010 Post ID: 2811080
Volke
Executioner
+
sphynxx said:Someone mentioned speaking to them over a pint or something - Draco wouldn't be caught anywhere going for a 'pint.' That kind of thing is, as far his family is concerned beneath them. as for Harry, as we don't know what he's done for 19 years after the fall of Voldemort, except for care for Teddy Lupin as his own son, and breed like a rabbit with Ginny to have his own sons & daughter, he could have very well finished school & possibly have been recruited like Oliver Wood to a Quiditch Team. Quiditch was Harrys one great love. It was the thing that he could be recognised as being good at, not because of his past, but because of his talents.

There's nothing in the books to indicate that the Malfoys would consider going for a pint to be beneath them. Draco was even in the Three Broomsticks a couple of times throughout the series, I think.

Rowling revealed in an interview that Harry and Ron both became Aurors after Voldemort's downfall.
sphynxx Posted: 23:21 Mar06 2010 Post ID: 2811511
sphynxx
+
Volke said:
sphynxx said:Someone mentioned speaking to them over a pint or something - Draco wouldn't be caught anywhere going for a 'pint.' That kind of thing is, as far his family is concerned beneath them. as for Harry, as we don't know what he's done for 19 years after the fall of Voldemort, except for care for Teddy Lupin as his own son, and breed like a rabbit with Ginny to have his own sons & daughter, he could have very well finished school & possibly have been recruited like Oliver Wood to a Quiditch Team. Quiditch was Harrys one great love. It was the thing that he could be recognised as being good at, not because of his past, but because of his talents.

There's nothing in the books to indicate that the Malfoys would consider going for a pint to be beneath them. Draco was even in the Three Broomsticks a couple of times throughout the series, I think.

Rowling revealed in an interview that Harry and Ron both became Aurors after Voldemort's downfall.

Seriously, from everything I picked up from Draco's character, anything that would make them seem like 'commoners' is beneath them.

& yeah, Draco would go to the Three Broomsticks - there wasn't much else to do in Hogsmeade, and it was pretty much the only time they got a chance to take a break from Hogwarts. When choices are limited, we all do things we wouldn't normally.

Can you point me to the interview dude? I couldn't imagine Ron becoming an Auror - he was never really too flash in high pressure situations, and his magical skill wasn't exactly too flash lol

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Volke Posted: 11:39 Mar07 2010 Post ID: 2811656
Volke
Executioner
+
sphynxx said:
Volke said:

Seriously, from everything I picked up from Draco's character, anything that would make them seem like 'commoners' is beneath them.

& yeah, Draco would go to the Three Broomsticks - there wasn't much else to do in Hogsmeade, and it was pretty much the only time they got a chance to take a break from Hogwarts. When choices are limited, we all do things we wouldn't normally.

Can you point me to the interview dude? I couldn't imagine Ron becoming an Auror - he was never really too flash in high pressure situations, and his magical skill wasn't exactly too flash lol

I just read the 'Harry Potter (character)' and 'Ron Weasly' pages on Wikipedia. That's where I got the info from.
Gamerad Posted: 11:53 Mar07 2010 Post ID: 2811661
Gamerad
Post Likes: 1
+

Actually Ron and Harry were pretty much on the same level in terms of Magical Skills, with the exception of Harry getting an 'Outstanding' in Defence Against the Dark Arts in his O.W.Ls.

sphynxx Posted: 19:21 Mar07 2010 Post ID: 2811850
sphynxx
+
Gamerad said:

Actually Ron and Harry were pretty much on the same level in terms of Magical Skills, with the exception of Harry getting an 'Outstanding' in Defence Against the Dark Arts in his O.W.Ls.

Well, my point being, was that Ron didn't actually show much magical skill. There was the occasional glimpse of it, but nothing note-worthy. Hermoine & Harry were the two stand-outs really.

Plus, the fact that Bary Crouch jnr posing as Moody had said that Harry should be an Auror, same with Hermoine, but nothing was ever said about Ron - & that is where Ron got the idea. Which what I was getting at. We were never really shown how much aptitude he had on his own. The O.W.Ls... I remember something being said that Ron managed to turn a dinner plate into a giant mushroom & not knowing how he did it lol Which makes me think that whilst on paper, he maybe somewhat equal to Harry, Harry was still the better of the two.

Volke Posted: 10:20 Mar08 2010 Post ID: 2812011
Volke
Executioner
+
sphynxx said:Well, my point being, was that Ron didn't actually show much magical skill. There was the occasional glimpse of it, but nothing note-worthy. Hermoine & Harry were the two stand-outs really.

Plus, the fact that Bary Crouch jnr posing as Moody had said that Harry should be an Auror, same with Hermoine, but nothing was ever said about Ron - & that is where Ron got the idea. Which what I was getting at. We were never really shown how much aptitude he had on his own. The O.W.Ls... I remember something being said that Ron managed to turn a dinner plate into a giant mushroom & not knowing how he did it lol Which makes me think that whilst on paper, he maybe somewhat equal to Harry, Harry was still the better of the two.

Ah, but Ron's character was used as the comic relief of the trio, and therefore numerous comic events, many of which overshadow Ron's actual potential.

I remember in one of the books (can't remember which), Harry thought that he was no better than Ron at anything, and, Defence Against the Dark Arts aside, there's yet to be any proof that he is.
Pottermaster Posted: 17:12 Mar08 2010 Post ID: 2812150
Pottermaster
Post Likes: 0
+
Thank you for all of your opinions but me personally i think that they are both better in different things. for example harry is good at defense against the dark arts and he has faced the the dark arts but malfoy uses crabbe and goyle to get what he wants like in number one in the dark forest voldemort killed a unicorn and went after harry and malfoy and he ran away but harry didnt. draco is smart though he gets the people with powerful connections to be his friends and harry is always getting ambushed. one more thing harry will be an auror and draco tried to be a death eater which will not work.
tegan41 Posted: 13:36 Apr05 2010 Post ID: 2824609
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
To be honest, I like Sirius, Dumbledore, and the others. But between Potter and Malfoy, MAlfoy gets my vote. HE's far more interesting and Potter is so boring to read about.
Craizen Posted: 21:36 Apr05 2010 Post ID: 2824947
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Yes, but without potter, Malfoy has no rival
tegan41 Posted: 19:14 Apr09 2010 Post ID: 2827100
tegan41
Matt
+
Malfoy would find someone to be his rival. Ron perhaps.
sphynxx Posted: 07:59 Apr27 2010 Post ID: 2836976
sphynxx
+
Volke said:Rowling revealed in an interview that Harry and Ron both became Aurors after Voldemort's downfall

Kind of irrelevant now; but you are right; Harry does become an Auror at 17 years old (1997) and rises to become head of the Auror department in the Ministry Smile

I finally got around to checking out J.K.Rs official website; have to say, one of the best designed websites I've visited in a long time lol

tegan41 Posted: 19:49 Apr27 2010 Post ID: 2837160
tegan41
Matt
+
Sounds cool, you got a link to it? I don't think posting a reference site for the author is against the rules.
sphynxx Posted: 23:22 Apr27 2010 Post ID: 2837255
sphynxx
+
lol nah you can pretty much post links to any site you want. You can't advertise sites that are direct competitors to Super Cheats (other cheat sites) basically.

www.jkrowling.com

Thats the official site.

It isn't set out like a traditional site (ie; Super Cheats) so it makes a good change from typical websites Smile

Look for a 'calendar/roledex' type thing in the top right hand corner that says "Wizard of the Month Archives" or something, the last entry is Harrys; Says he joined the Aurors at age 17, under Kingsley Shacklebots regime & after 10 years he rose to become Head of the Aurors.

tegan41 Posted: 23:53 May01 2010 Post ID: 2839285
tegan41
Matt
+
Why thank you, I checked it out, awesome site. And I'm changing my vote to Potter, without him, there would be no Harry Potter series.
sphynxx Posted: 02:29 May04 2010 Post ID: 2840295
sphynxx
+
Plus Malfoy's an **** & I hate people like that. They remind me of my father who thinks he's so much better than everyone, but in reality he's a total douche Evil

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close