Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Longer School Days...Uggh...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
coachcline Posted: 22:02 Mar12 2010 Post ID: 2813746
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
Yeah, I think most of the US school system has missed a lot of days because of all the snow this year. Now, they're gonna make us go 30 minutes longer per day startin' in April to make up time. This will make up like 1 full day per month so it's pretty stupid. And we've pretty much lost all of our breaks this Spring, such as Easter Break & Spring Break. AND we're gonna have to go on Saturday some too (this is the one I hate the most.) It sucks & we'll probably end up goin' til June still. Oh well, I actually like school more this semester cause I have friends to talk to in most of my classes.

So, what have your schools done/are gonna do to make up for time lost over the winter?

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
g33k Posted: 22:07 Mar12 2010 Post ID: 2813749
g33k
Mr. Lurker
Post Likes: 0
+
No spring break for us... Don't think we have an Easter one either... but my schools system normally accounts for a few snow days a year so at least it isn't as bad as it could be...
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
v-gamer Posted: 22:29 Mar12 2010 Post ID: 2813763
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Well, up in Connecticut (where I live, anyhow), we've gotten only five snow days.

Our schedule accounts for at most five snow days. Once we get five snow days before February vacation, each snow day will cost us one day from February vacation. If you use up all five snow days after February vacation, each snow day will just add another day to the original last day of school.

I'm happy they never take away Spring break. That's one of the most vital vacations to students, in my opinion, along with Christmas break.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Craizen Posted: 22:31 Mar12 2010 Post ID: 2813765
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Ehh, we okay. Only had one snow day.
ChrisMaclean Posted: 22:50 Mar12 2010 Post ID: 2813774
ChrisMaclean
Kusanagi's Man
Post Likes: 5
+
If no snow comes here, then my schedule is pretty much normal. Still have Spring Break, and since snow rarely comes in March around here, then I'm sure days won't be added to the end of the year. Just making up teacher workdays is all we have. I think four or five days were already made up here. Not entirely sure though. I'll check my school's calendar just in case.

Signature by your's truly~
Aura Kingdom IGN: ASarcasticMage Level 77 Sorcerer/Wizard
Hel_Sama Level 42 Necromancer/Sorcerer
Sarmus Level 61 Duelist/Gunslinger
Lzxa Level 60 Ravager/Gunslinger
JackiePotato Level 47 Brawler/Ronin
Jack said:Should put something interesting here but lazy
rate_me Posted: 23:03 Mar12 2010 Post ID: 2813780
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
coachcline said:Yeah, I think most of the US school system has missed a lot of days because of all the snow this year. Now, they're gonna make us go 30 minutes longer per day startin' in April to make up time. This will make up like 1 full day per month so it's pretty stupid. And we've pretty much lost all of our breaks this Spring, such as Easter Break & Spring Break. AND we're gonna have to go on Saturday some too (this is the one I hate the most.) It sucks & we'll probably end up goin' til June still. Oh well, I actually like school more this semester cause I have friends to talk to in most of my classes.

So, what have your schools done/are gonna do to make up for time lost over the winter?

Dude, where do you live, Alaska? That's a lot of snow. That sucks really bad.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
imaloony8.0 Posted: 23:13 Mar12 2010 Post ID: 2813783
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Pfft, my school is more interested in wasting our time.

You see, we're told that we need to get "Mastery" in all our classes (Translation: At my school, A's pass, not D's.) and while we only get 3 per Trimester (Translation: Rather than have two Semesters made of two quarters, we have three trimesters, during each of which we complete 3 classes over 12 weeks), they insist on wasting our time with this "Advisory" crap. It's basically a homeroom that takes place in two weekly 45 minute sessions, not to mention time we have to do for work on it outside of class. So let me clarify, that would be 1 hour 30 minutes wasted weekly, and with our 12 week trimesters, a total of 18 hours of school wasted per trimester. Now, if that weren't enough, in most High Schools, you need a TOTAL of 70 hours of Community Service, right? Well, at our school, just to push how much of our time they can get away with wasting, we need 70 hours of Community service PER YEAR.

FML.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
sk8rboy Posted: 00:22 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813790
sk8rboy
SC's favorite otaku gamer
+
I graduate just in time. I heard that my school would increase it's days by 30 minutes when the 2010-2011 school year starts. I'm a senior this year, so... xD
May make random appearances every-so-often. Trying to officially return...

POKEMON BLACK FRIEND CODE: 1249-2602-6566
POKEMON BLACK2 FRIEND CODE: 1679-1583-9820
POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 3308-5051-2299
sphynxx Posted: 01:20 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813798
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Damn, here in New Zealand I don't think the schooling system does anything like that.

Our school years, well public schools anyways, are 8:45a.m to 3p.m, 5 days a week

Schools only close due to HEAVY snow (meaning; if you can't drive a car with snow-chains - its too heavy lol) or if the temperatures reach 40 degrees Celcius or higher. Within those two extremes, schools stay open.

A friend of mine lives in the South Island of N.Z, and a couple of years ago when we were both in High School, she missed 16 days of school due to heavy snow. Her school didn't make them catch up with extra time added to school days, just set extra homework & those that didn't catch up that way (meaning; didn't do their homework) got detentions during morning break & lunch times untill they caught up...

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
qwertyuio Posted: 03:34 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813827
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Nothing at all, totally normal schedule. I haven't missed a single day due to snow, because there was no snow. A **** load of rain, though. Ah, Cali.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Town Idiot25 Posted: 03:41 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813831
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
+
v-gamer said:
I'm happy they never take away Spring break. That's one of the most vital vacations to students, in my opinion, along with Christmas break.

Cause Summer break is absolutely nothing compared to those two.

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 03:56 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813832
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
I missed about a week of school cause of snow, but still get to have all my other holidays

Dancing
Now known as
Gamerad Posted: 04:14 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813838
Gamerad
+
Lol. England rules with the school system.

We have hard tests, but we don't have to increase our school time, there would be like, a riot if we did...

Volke Posted: 05:49 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813862
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
It seems America is very strict and insistent about this stuff. Never had to make up for lost time due to snow or extreme heat anywhere I've lived (although we can exclude the chances of 'extreme heat' ever happening in Sweden and the British Isles), we just have a little more homework, and work in class is more rigorous because we just have to try and get more work done than normal in them. Didn't bother me - I still had my holidays Thumbs Up.
SomeWhere Posted: 06:22 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813869
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
No trouble in South korea with that. I'm glad we don't get huge amounts of snow...
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
tbug2007 Posted: 09:28 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813928
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
qwertyuio said:Nothing at all, totally normal schedule. I haven't missed a single day due to snow, because there was no snow. A soup load of rain, though. Ah, Cali.

^This.

And, sphynx, 40C degrees is like, our summer average. O.o

So, my schedule continues as normal - Easter and String breaks, and half days on all Fridays, eh.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
rate_me Posted: 09:35 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813931
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
tbug2007 said:
qwertyuio said:Nothing at all, totally normal schedule. I haven't missed a single day due to snow, because there was no snow. A soup load of rain, though. Ah, Cali.

^This.

And, sphynx, 40C degrees is like, our summer average. O.o

104F is your summer average?

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
tbug2007 Posted: 09:40 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813934
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
Yeah, something like that. It almost ALWAYS gets over 90-100.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
g33k Posted: 09:49 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813937
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
imaloony8.0 said:Pfft, my school is more interested in wasting our time.

You see, we're told that we need to get "Mastery" in all our classes (Translation: At my school, A's pass, not D's.) and while we only get 3 per Trimester (Translation: Rather than have two Semesters made of two quarters, we have three trimesters, during each of which we complete 3 classes over 12 weeks), they insist on wasting our time with this "Advisory" crap. It's basically a homeroom that takes place in two weekly 45 minute sessions, not to mention time we have to do for work on it outside of class. So let me clarify, that would be 1 hour 30 minutes wasted weekly, and with our 12 week trimesters, a total of 18 hours of school wasted per trimester. Now, if that weren't enough, in most High Schools, you need a TOTAL of 70 hours of Community Service, right? Well, at our school, just to push how much of our time they can get away with wasting, we need 70 hours of Community service PER YEAR.

FML.

Where do you live? Community service to get a high school diploma? That is the funniest thing I have ever heard....

Down here, you don't need ANY at all... Of course... there isn't much to do around here :/
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Traffic Monger Posted: 10:22 Mar13 2010 Post ID: 2813949
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
ChrisMaclean said:If no snow comes here, then my schedule is pretty much normal. Still have Spring Break, and since snow rarely comes in March around here, then I'm sure days won't be added to the end of the year. Just making up teacher workdays is all we have. I think four or five days were already made up here. Not entirely sure though. I'll check my school's calendar just in case.

I remember some teacher of mine saying we've still got an extra teacher workday left before spring break too.

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close