Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

Last game for DS?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

GoldenPili Posted at: 03:06 Apr10 2010 Post ID: 2827317
GoldenPili
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Warning: I'm only talking about the main pokemon games in here, not Spin Offs like the Mystery Dungeon and Ranger series. Oh, and Im not counting Green, since that was only released in Japan.

With seven (possibly eight, if they make a Crystal remake) games on the DS, this is the most games ever released on a single console, so do you think that Pokemon Black and White (once again, and possibly Crystal) could be the last (Pokemon) games released on the DS?

Listings! Yay!
Gameboy - Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow (3)
Gameboy Color - Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal (3)
Gameboy Advance - Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, LeafGreen and FireRed (5)
Nintendo DS - Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black and White (7)

Nintendo has been upgrading consoles every 4(.5, if you wanna be nerdy about it) games on average, and with 7 games on a single console, they might be moving on after this.
I dunno, I'm just pulling this out of my **** and there isn't any data for this, so what do you think?

Side Note: Considering they didn't make a Yellow remake, I'm guessing they won't be making a Crystal remake, either.

When the coroner cuts me open, I want the whole room to smell like potato wedges. - Gabriel Iglasias

Cheer's to Craizen for the awesome sig and avy.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geezerguy Posted at: 05:23 Apr10 2010 Post ID: 2827334
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
+
Yeah, they will probably make the next gen on the 3DS.

But the reason they have more games on the DS is because the newer consoles are just generally lasting longer than before. Like the PS3/360/Wii will last a lot longer than the PS2/Xbox/GC did.

This is also the first time two generations have been on one handheld.(If you count GB and GBC as different consoles) :P
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
coachcline Posted at: 17:36 Apr10 2010 Post ID: 2827909
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Third version to B/W will probably follow in Crystal's footsteps & be exclusive to the nexy handheld (3DS.) If they remake R/S/E (which I really hope they don't) then it'll be on the DS if they release it after B/W but on the 3DS if they release it after the third version. Gen VI will definitely be on the 3DS though.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
marielue5 Posted at: 17:40 Apr10 2010 Post ID: 2827913
marielue5
+
+
I wonder if you will be able to trade your pokes from the old game to the new one?
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

Glaceon Posted at: 08:26 Apr14 2010 Post ID: 2830279
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
+
I believe this may be the last. They could make a Pokemon RPG game for the Wii (Because PKMN Battle Revolution is kinda suckish). The Nintendo 3DS is another possibility. We'll probably hear more in the late 2010/early 2011.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
InvertAlpha Posted at: 11:42 Apr18 2010 Post ID: 2833015
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Coach, why would they want to cross-handheld generation it?
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
fossilbey12345 Posted at: 13:04 Feb19 2011 Post ID: 2965823
fossilbey12345
+
+
AnxiousI don't think that there might be one because if it was on 3ds then it would be pokemon somthing vesion 3d.
coachcline Posted at: 21:40 Feb19 2011 Post ID: 2965886
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
fossilbey, it's against the rules to post in a thread that's over a month old. This one is almost a year old. You should probably read our forum rules before you post anymore.

Normally I would close this, but I think it's a legitimate topic for discussion still, so I'll allow it to stay open.

Cyndevia Posted at: 23:28 Feb19 2011 Post ID: 2965906
Cyndevia
Bane of the Fallen King
+
+
I don't think this version will end one of the biggest franchises in the world, I reckon there will be a third version of this region and be the same as black/white version and have more things added to it like they have done in previous versions in crystal, emerald and platinum version.

After that version perhaps they will make another game after that, but who knows. We will find out as time goes by.
coachcline Posted at: 23:41 Feb19 2011 Post ID: 2965910
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
When the third version comes out, there's a high likelyhood that it'll be on the 3DS. If not, then Gen VI will DEFINITELY be on the 3DS.

Unfated Death Posted at: 04:55 Feb20 2011 Post ID: 2965922
Unfated Death
+
+
the 3ds is not entirely a different console its the same it just has 3d graphic capabilities i believe you can still play ds games on it and on top of that Xbox, Playstation, and nintendo have released a new version of their products every summer since they came out so i don't think they can make to much of a difference within the next up and coming three to five years
Name: Ruben
FC: 0647-3717-9769
InvertAlpha Posted at: 12:46 Feb20 2011 Post ID: 2966010
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Someone from Gamefreak said there wouldn't be a 3rd version on the 3DS. I think that's what they meant, anyways...Why would Nintendo want to cross-generation Gen V? (Edit: heh, I already asked that question...well it was 10 months ago...)

« Last edited by InvertAlpha on Feb 20th 2011 »
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close