Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

pokemon, ash and mysty love stories

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

a000man Posted: 14:55 Apr17 2010 Post ID: 2832127
a000man
Post Likes: 0
+
if anybody likes the ash and misty as a cople and like to talke obout it or has stories please share. most people now about pokemon but if you dont its about a boy named ash ketchem. and there are creatcheres named pokemon.Thumbs Up
heres one to get you started. it is rather long
By KawaiiCherryBlossom

Summary:

While Ash and Gary are having a Pok�mon battle, Misty is accidentally hit by a nightmare attack, and the only way she can be freed from her nightmares is if somebody goes inside her mind and sets her free. Ash embarks on this journey, and finds out much more about Misty than he knew before.

Ages:

Ash ? 17

Misty ? 17

Brock ? 18

Gary ? 17

Type: Romance/Drama

Rating: PG

Other: AAMRN

"Go, Umbreon!" Gary called as he released his Pok�mon from its Pok� Ball.

"Breon!" it cried out, signifying that it was ready to battle.

"Alright", Ash said, turning his cap backwards in his usual style. "I choose you, Pikachu!"

Pikachu rushed forward and stood in front of Umbreon, a determined look in its eyes as it awaited Ash's instruction.

Ash and Gary had come across each other while travelling to Barton Town, which was a small town set in the mountains, famous for its defence against landslides, which occurred often.

"Ash?maybe we shouldn't be battling here? Remember, the landslides?" Misty said, an inkling of fear present in her voice.

"Don't be silly, Misty. It'll be fine! I'm gonna be a Pok�mon Master, I can handle anything!"

Misty gave him a sceptical look, but he ignored her.

"Here Togepi?you stay in my backpack just in case?" she said, as she put her egg baby into her bag and placed it on the ground next to her.

-

"Pikachu, thunderbolt!" Ash called out, and Pikachu let out a bolt of lightning at Umbreon.

"Dodge it and use headbutt, Umbreon!" Gary instructed, watching Umbreon dodge the attack with ease and launch into a headbutt, which hit Pikachu dead on.

"Pikachu, are you okay?" Ash called out worriedly, but was happy to see that it was fine. "Alright Pikachu, use agility!"

Zipping around the battle area, Pikachu caused Umbreon to become dizzy and tired. When Ash thought that Umbreon was worn out enough, he called out to Pikachu once again, "Pikachu, thunder!"

Pikachu let out another bolt of lightning, which hit Umbreon directly.

"Oh no?Umbreon! Can you stand up?" Gary called out to his Pok�mon. Slowly but surely, Umbreon stood up. "Bre-breon!" it called out, letting everyone know that it wasn't giving up.

Gary smiled. "Umbreon, use hypnosis!"

Upon command, Umbreon let out a few hypnotic waves, which hit an unexpected Pikachu, causing it to fall asleep instantly.

"Oh no, Pikachu!" Ash called out. "Wake up, buddy!"

-

"Wow, hypnosis, that's pretty cool", Misty said to Brock, who was standing next to her.

"Yeah, it's a really good defence move. But I wonder what Gary will do next?" he replied.

"Now Umbreon, use nightmare!" Gary instructed, a victory grin implanted upon his face.

Umbreon prepared for the attack, but just as it was about to deliver it upon Pikachu, a large crash was heard in the distance. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as Umbreon looked up in shock as it was firing its attack, directing it at Ash instead.

"Umbreon, no!" Gary called, but it was too late.

"Ash!" Misty cried, seeing what was about to happen. Suddenly, she ran ahead of him and jumped in front of her friend just as the attack was about to hit him, knocking Ash back onto the ground. However, Misty caught the full brunt of the attack, and fell to the ground as it pulsated through her body.

"Misty??" Ash said as he got up from the ground, unsure of what had just happened. "Misty!" he called out as he saw her. Kneeling down by her side, he shook her, calling out her name softly. However, it was no use. Brock, Gary, Umbreon and Pikachu rushed to her side instantly.

"Oh gosh?I'm so sorry?" Gary said, guilt present in the tone of his voice.

"Brock?" Ash looked at him, a childlike fear in his eyes.

Brock took charge straight away. "Gary, can you get a map and find the nearest hospital or Pok�mon Centre? We'll have to get Misty there right away."

Gary nodded, doing exactly what he was told.

"Brock?what does a nightmare attack do to a human??" Ash asked in fear, not taking his eyes off of Misty.

"I don't know, Ash? But don't worry, I'm sure she'll be fine."

Ash looked up at Brock for a moment, a look of fear and concern spread across his face. His eyes then drifted back to his friends' form. The attack itself had worn off; the purple glow caused by the beam had faded. However, its effects were now inside. Her eyes were closed, her skin paler than usual.

'It should have been me?' Ash thought to himself. 'It was meant to hit me? Why did she do that??'

"Ash, it'll be okay. You have to be strong", Brock said.

Ash nodded, but didn't take his eyes off of Misty.

"The nearest Pok�mon Centre is just over that hill!" Gary called out as he pointed to a hill in the near distance.

"It's not that far, let's carry her there", Brock instructed and everybody else agreed.

"Breon?" Umbreon said, a look of guilt plastered across its face.

"It's okay, Umbreon. It was a mistake", Gary said softly, patting it on the head. "Go back to your Pok� Ball for now, okay?"

"Bre?" Umbreon agreed reluctantly.

"No?" Misty moaned as she tossed her head from side to side.

Ash shook her again gently. "Misty?wake up?" he said softly. There was no use, however. She continued to toss and turn as she lay on the ground.

"Brock, it's as if?" Ash started.

"She's having a nightmare?" Brock said, finishing Ash's sentence. There was silence for a moment as they looked down at Misty, who then suddenly screamed out in fear.

"Let's go, Ash. We have to get her to the Pok�mon Centre right now", Brock said, as he prepared to pick Misty up.

However, Ash interjected. "No, it's okay Brock, I've got her."

"You sure?" he asked, picking up Misty's bag and Togepi.

Ash nodded as he picked Misty up gently. He blushed as he felt her smooth skin on his, but brushed his thoughts away as he proceeded to follow Brock and Gary to the Pok�mon Centre.

-

Walking quickly but carefully, so as not to hurt Misty, Ash continued to look down at his friend. Her nightmares seemed to be worsening as every minute passed, sweat plastered over her forehead as she shook her head rapidly, as if trying to brush them away.

'This is all my fault?' Ash thought. 'She told me that I shouldn't battle there?that there were landslides? Why don't I ever listen to her?'

"We're almost there, Ash. Are you alright back there?" Brock asked.

"Yeah?" Ash said, a sad tone in his voice. "I'm fine?"

Brock looked back at him worriedly.

"It's not your fault, Ash."

"Pika?" Pikachu, who had been rather quiet, agreed.

Ash looked up, but didn't reply.

"Please, Misty? Please be strong?" he said quietly to her sleeping form.

-

A few minutes later, the foursome reached the Pok�mon Centre. Ash rushed ahead of Gary and Brock and inside the doors, being careful with Misty.

"Please, you have to help my friend!" Ash called out to anyone who was listening. Brock and Gary rushed inside and stood behind Ash.

Two Chansey's rushed over moments later and placed Misty on a stretcher, followed by the Barton Town Nurse Joy.

"Oh dear, what happened to her?" Nurse Joy asked with concern.

"She was accidentally hit by a nightmare attack", Ash explained. "Please Joy, can you help her?" he pleaded.

Nurse Joy looked unsure. "A nightmare attack??"

Ash searched Joy's eyes but found nothing but confusion.

"There is a way to make her okay again, right?" he asked, afraid of the answer.

Joy was hesitant. "I?I don't know?" she replied. "I've never heard of a case like this before?"

Ash's eyes became clouded with uncertainty and fear. "What are you saying??"

"Don't worry, young man. We'll do everything we can for her", she said as she instructed her Chansey's to take her to a room.

Joy turned around and met Ash with a reassuring smile.

"Everything will be okay. Now, what is your friend's name?"

"It's Misty", Ash replied.

"Right, well why don't you all go to the waiting room and we'll see what we can do for her", Joy instructed. "And don't worry, Misty's in good hands here at Barton Town Pok�mon Centre."

Ash nodded slightly as he turned around to face Brock and Gary.

"Ash, I'm so sorry?" Gary said slowly. "I didn't mean to?"

"No Gary, it's okay. It's not your fault", Ash said.

Gary nodded, though guilt and uncertainty were still present in his eyes.

"It's mine", Ash said, and turned to walk away.

-

"Ash!" Brock called out as he followed his friend to the waiting room. Ash didn't listen, however, nor did he stop walking. Brock reached out and grabbed Ash's wrist, spinning him around.

"This is NOT your fault, Ash", Brock told him in a strict but friendly tone.

"Yes it is, Brock! If I'd listened to what she said this never would have happened!"

"No, Ash, you could not have known that something like that could happen."

"But she warned me! I should have listened to her?" Ash said, his tone dropping to one full of worry. "She looked so afraid when she was having those nightmares? What if they can't find a way to help her??"

"They will, Ash. They will", Brock reassured him.

Ash sighed, sitting down on a chair against the wall. Pikachu curled up on his lap, providing support for his trainer. Ash hated waiting, for good news or bad. He remembered back to his first day of Pok�mon training, when Pikachu had fallen victim to that wild bunch of Spearow, and he had to take it to the Pok�mon Centre to be healed. He was so worried about it, but luckily Misty had been there.

'Misty?' he thought to himself worriedly.

-

It seemed like they had been waiting forever when Nurse Joy finally appeared again. Ash stood up hastily and ran over to her, eager to hear any news.

"Nurse Joy, what's going on? Is Misty gonna be okay?" he asked.

Uncertainty was apparent in her eyes as she tried to find the best way to put the news.

"I don't know?" she said slowly.

"What do you mean?" Brock asked.

"I've never seen a case like this? I looked through some research on the Internet but I couldn't find anything. All I can think that is happening is that the nightmare attack has caused Misty to be trapped within her own nightmares."

"But there's no way to stop it? Can't we just wake her up?" Gary asked.

"We tried waking her up but nothing would work? I'm sorry kids but I have no idea what to do?" Joy replied.

Ash sighed worriedly. "What are we going to do??"

"Hmmm?" Brock thought out loud, assessing the situation. "Do you think?maybe Professor Oak would know?"

"Yeah, that's a great idea!" Gary said. "My gramps has done a lot of investigating into the relationships between Pok�mon and humans, so maybe he would know what to do."

Ash nodded. "Well it's worth a try, let's go and call him."

-

"Hey, Professor Oak", Ash said, sitting in front of the video-phone.

"Hi Ash, hi Brock, how are you? Oh, and Gary, you're there too!"

"We're all fine, Professor?except?" Ash trailed off.

"Ash, you look worried, is something wrong?" the Professor inquired.

"Uhh? Well actually?" he said. "We need your help?"

Professor Oak nodded. "Alright, what with?"

"Well you see? Misty was accidentally hit by a nightmare attack?"

"Oh dear?" Professor Oak said, shocked.

"We don't know how to help her, Professor. Do you know how we can make Misty better?" Brock asked.

"I do?" Professor Oak said.

Ash's face brightened. "Really?" he said, as if it were the best news he'd ever heard.

"But? It won't be an easy task?"

Ash gulped. "What do we have to do?"

"Well, the power of nightmare does to a human what it does to a Pok�mon ? causes them to become trapped within their nightmares", he explained.

Ash nodded. "That's what Nurse Joy said."

"However, unlike what happens with a Pok�mon, the power will not fade away when a human awakens, as it becomes impossible to wake them up."

"That's why Misty wouldn't wake up?" Brock said.

"Then how do we wake her up?" Ash asked.

"Well?the only Pok�mon that is known to be able to reverse an attack like nightmare is an Unown."

"Unown??" Ash said. "But?how are we meant to find one?"

"It's alright Ash, I have one here that I can send you. I've been doing some research regarding Unown's."

Nodding, Ash sighed in relief.

"But what will the Unown do?" Gary asked.

"Somebody is going to have to use the power of the Unown to go inside Misty's mind and set her free from her nightmares."

Ash, Gary and Brock looked shocked.

"Oh?" Brock said suddenly. "It must be like? Remember that time when that Unown transported us into Larvitar's mind, and we were able to set it free from its fear of humans?"

"Oh yeah!" Ash said, remembering. "So?how do we set her free then Professor??"

"I'm not sure, Ash. That's something you'll have to figure out when you're there."

Ash nodded. "Alright, can you send the Unown right away then?"

"Yeah, sure Ash. I'll have to swap it with one of your Pok�mon, however."

Ash smiled. "Sure, I'll send you Bayleef since it loves you so much."

Professor Oak looked at Ash hesitantly. "Uhh?but Ash? Oh alright?" he finally agreed.

Ash laughed. "Bayleef was asking for you the other day actually. She said that she misses you."

Professor Oak laughed hesitantly as he grabbed a Pok� Ball and placed it on the transfer bench, while Ash did the same with Bayleef's Pok� Ball. Pressing the 'trade' button, they both watched as the two Pok� Ball's were transferred.

"Thanks a lot, Professor Oak", Ash said as he grabbed the Unown's Pok� Ball.

Professor Oak nodded. "Now Ash, to activate the Unown's power, tell it to use Mind Warp", he explained.

"Mind Warp?" Ash confirmed.

"Yes, it will let you travel into Misty's mind. It's a very newly developed attack, specially formed by doctors. They developed it for use with psychiatric patients, so they can get inside their minds and find a way to help them."

Ash nodded. "Alright, thanks again Professor Oak."

"No problem Ash. Good luck", the Professor said, and his picture faded as Ash hung up the phone.

-

Ash held the Unown's Pok� Ball in his hand, a look of determination present in his eyes. "Alright guys, let's do this", he said confidently.

"Who's going to go inside Misty's mind?" Gary asked.

Brock looked to Ash, who nodded. "I will", he said.

"It'll be weird to see what's inside a girl's mind", Gary said, a smirk creeping onto his face.

Ash laughed. "Should I be scared?"

Brock nodded wisely as Ash giggled. "Yes. Yes you should."

Nurse Joy, who had been looking on the whole time, came forward. "Would you like to go to Misty's room now?" she asked.

Ash nodded. "Yeah, let's do it."

-

Misty was tossing and turning in her bed, calling out various things as her nightmares tormented her. A Chansey stood by her side, wiping her forehead now and then. Ash walked to Misty's side and looked down at her.

"I'm so sorry Misty? But I promise I'll save you?" he said softly, finding himself blushing at his words.

"Are you ready, Ash?" Brock asked him.

Ash nodded determinedly. "Yeah, I sure am."

"Alright then? Good luck!" he said, before releasing the Unown from its Pok� Ball.

Ash looked down at Misty once again. Her nightmare at the moment was a bad one, it seemed. Ash wondered what it was about, but figured that he'd find out soon enough. He felt like it was an invasion of her privacy in a way. Misty never liked to talk much about anything that was bothering her. Even if it looked like something was on her mind, she always said she was fine if anybody asked. Ash could sometimes hear her cry herself to sleep, but never pushed her to admit it. After all, Misty was never one to act weak in front of anybody. Ash was snapped out of his train of though by Brock, who was ready to use the Unown's attack. Ash nodded to him, signalling that he was ready.

"Remember Ash, you have to find a way to set Misty free from her nightmares", Brock confirmed.

"Right", Ash replied. He knew what he had to do, but just didn't know how he was going to do it.

"Good luck, Ash", Gary said.

"Yeah, good luck, and be careful", Brock added.

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed.

Smiling, Ash thanked them.

"Alright Unown", Brock called. "Use Mind Warp on Ash and Misty!" he instructed, pointing at his two best friends.

Suddenly, the Unown began to glow as it sent a beam of bright light towards Ash and Misty. Brock, Gary, Nurse Joy, Chansey, Pikachu and Togepi shielded their eyes from the blinding light. When it faded, Ash was gone.

"Well, it worked", Gary said.

Brock nodded. "Good luck, Ash?" he said quietly.

Ash looked at his surroundings. He was surrounded by darkness so thick that he couldn't see a thing. Cautiously, he took a step forward, followed by a few more steps. Suddenly, his surroundings changed, and he appeared in what seemed to be a living room.

-

Three small girls walked in, each with a different shade of hair. One had blue, one gold and one a deep shade of pink. They ran into the room, joking and laughing amongst each other. They didn't appear to see Ash. 'I guess they won't be able to notice that I'm here?' he thought to himself. Moments later, a smaller girl with orange hair walked into the room.

"Daisy, Lily, Violet, wait for me!" she called out.

'It's Misty and her sisters?'

"No! We like don't want to play with you!" Lily said.

"Yeah! Like go away Misty!" Violet commanded.

Misty looked hurt. She sat down on the couch as she watched her sisters run outside and play together. Tears developed in her eyes as she curled up into a ball and cried, rocking herself.

"Nobody cares about me?" she whimpered.

Ash looked heartbroken as he watched the scene, but moments later, it changed again.

-

This time, he was in a girl's bedroom. It was decorated with trophies for cheerleading competitions, pom-poms and team flags. Daisy, who looked to be about 14 years old, sat at the desk daydreaming, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" she called out, turning from her desk to see who was there.

"Oh?it's you?" Misty, who was about 5-years-old, entered the room.

"Hi Daisy", she said innocently.

"What do you want?" her sister asked in an uncaring tone. Misty looked sad.

"Why don't I have a mommy?" she asked. A look of both sadness and anger engulfed Daisy's face.

"Because you killed her." Daisy looked a tiny bit regretful as she said it, but her anger overpowered her logic as she blamed her little sister for their mother's death.

Looking shocked, Misty ran up to her sister. "What?"

"Mommy like died when she was giving birth to you, Misty! It's like all your fault!" Daisy screamed, before running out of her room, leaving the young girl to curl up on the bed and burst into tears. "My mommy is dead because of me? Nobody will ever care about me?" she said through tears.

"Oh, Misty?" Ash thought aloud, but before he could contemplate the situation, the setting changed again.

-

This time Misty was the same age as she was when she and Ash had first met. She was walking through the gym, checking on all the Pok�mon, when she saw Daisy, Lily and Violet talking and laughing in the pool.

"Hey!" Misty called out, waving to them.

Her sisters waved back and waded over to her, before lifting themselves out of the pool and grabbing a towel each.

"What were you doing?" Misty asked.

"Oh, we were like just practicing for the water show that we'll like be putting on soon", Violet explained.

"Yeah, it's gonna like totally be amazing!" Lily added.

"Water show??" Misty said. "So?what do you want me to do in it?"

"Well actually?you're like not in it, Misty", Daisy said, looking a little guilty and uncomfortable.

"What?" Misty asked.

"You see?we're like the three sensational sisters of Cerulean City", Daisy explained.

"Four just sounds so like?wrong", Violet added.

"Like totally", Lily said.

Misty felt crushed. She and her sisters finally seemed to be getting along, but Misty should have known that it wouldn't last.

"You just don't want me in it because I'm not as beautiful as all of you are!" Misty fired at them.

"Well?we are like much more beautiful than you are, Misty, but that's not the reason!" Lily answered back.

"We just don't think you'll like be able to like cut it as a Sensational Sister!" Daisy said.

"Don't lie to me! You never liked me and you never will!"

"That's not true Misty!" Daisy said.

"You know what? I don't care anymore! I don't need any of this", Misty said. "I'm going on a Pok�mon journey."

"What?" Violet said, shocked.

"Yeah, that's right. I'm leaving and I'm not coming back until I'm a water Pok�mon Master!"

"Like, don't be silly Misty!" Daisy pleaded.

"I'll show all of you what I can do!" she said, before turning on her heel and running out of the pool-room. Stopping just as she was about to run through the door, she uttered, "You never cared about me anyway?" Again, she ran, wiping angry tears from her eyes.

'So that's why she left', Ash thought as he watched her run from the gym. He was about to chase after her, however another of Misty's nightmares invaded her mind, causing the scene to change once again.

-

The four sisters were sitting at the table in the kitchen, eating dinner, when a knock was heard at the door. Daisy, who looked about 16, stood up to answer it. Two police officers stood in front of her, glum looks on their faces.

When Daisy walked back into the kitchen, tears were streaming down her face. Lily and Violet ran to console her.

"What's wrong, sis?" Lily asked concernedly.

"Daddy was drinking?and he like?died in a car crash?" she choked out through tears.

Silence was present in the room for a few moments, before the crying began. Violet walked out of the room while Lily and Daisy held each other, each trying to comfort the other. A 7-year-old Misty stared at her dinner, tears streaming down her face as she took in the news. "Daddy?" she cried out.

Suddenly, Violet stormed back into the kitchen.

"This is all your fault!" she cried, pointing at Misty. Wiping her eyes of the angry tears that were forming in them, she stalked over to her little sister.

"If mommy didn't like have you she wouldn't have died, and daddy wouldn't have started drinking, and he wouldn't have like been in a car accident and died! It's all your fault! You killed mommy and daddy! It's all your fault!" she screamed at Misty, who stared up at her sister in shock.

"Hey?Violet ?it's gonna be okay?" Daisy said in a comforting tone.

Misty got up from her chair and ran from the room. Ash followed her as she ran to her bedroom and threw herself on her bed. Crying hysterically, she took a picture of her father from her bedside table and held it close to her.

"Daddy?" she choked out through sobs.

Ash helplessly watched her cry, tears of his own falling down his cheeks. 'What am I going to do?? How do I help Misty escape from her nightmares??' Ash thought to himself. However, he did not have much time to contemplate what he should do, as the scene changed once-again.

-

He was inside Misty's bedroom again, but it had changed. Misty, who was about 8-years-old, lay on her bed, wiping tears from her eyes. "Nobody cares about me? Nobody loves me?" she whimpered.

'That's not true, Misty?' Ash thought to himself.

-

The setting had changed quickly while Ash was deep in thought. Suddenly, he looked up and paused in shock at what he saw.

'That's me?'

They were in a forest, surrounded by green, leafy trees and bushes. Ash was following Misty, who appeared to be leading him somewhere. Suddenly, she stopped and turned around to face Ash, who looked utterly confused.

"What did you have to tell me Misty?" he asked.

Misty looked down. Her arms were shaking and she was very nervous.

"Uh?are you okay?"

"Yes?" she replied, sighing.

"What is it??"

"I needed to tell you?that I love you, Ash?" she said in a tone that was genuine, yet filled with fear and nervousness.

"What?" Ash replied.

'What??' the real Ash thought as he looked on, shocked.

Misty stared into his eyes, tears developing in them as she watched him begin to laugh.

"That's a good one Misty", he said through laughter. "In love with me?" He burst into another fit of laughter as he walked away, waving his hand.

Tears fell down Misty's face as she watched him go. She curled up into a ball on the ground and cried.

"I knew you wouldn't understand?" she choked through sobs. "What have I done?? I should have known that you don't care about me?"

"That's not true, Misty!" he called out to her, running up and kneeling before her. However, she could not see or hear him. He tried to grasp her shoulders but his arms floated right through hers. She continued to cry, not even bothering to wipe away her tears as they fell down her cheeks.

"I do care about you, Misty?" he said softly, wishing she could hear him. Ash paused. "That's it!" Ash he though out loud.

-

Suddenly, Ash found himself in darkness again. 'Her nightmares must have stopped for a moment?' Walking forward through the darkness, Ash noticed a spot of light in the far distance. He began walking towards it, noticing that it became larger as he became closer. Picking up his pace, he began to run towards the light, eager to find out whether his answer would indeed free Misty from her nightmares. When he arrived at the light, he saw Misty trapped behind a glass wall. It was completely dark on her side, a harsh contrast to the light he was now standing in. She looked desperate, trying to break the glass to reach the light. Ash ran to her, standing in front of her on the other side of the glass.

"Misty!" he called out.

She paused for a moment, as if she had heard something, but went back to her desperate attempt to break out of the darkness she was trapped in.

"Misty!" he called again and watched as she paused and looked around her, this time for longer.

"I'm here for you, Misty!" he called once again.

All of a sudden, the glass broke, and a bright light shone over Ash. He shielded his eyes from its brightness, but still it was hurting his eyes. Suddenly, he began to feel numb, to the point where he couldn't feel himself at all?

-

Ash looked around at his surroundings. He was back in the Pok�mon Centre with Brock and the others. Misty still lay on the bed.

"Ash, how'd it go?" Brock asked. Ash ignored him, only thinking of Misty, and ran to her side. His eyes became wide with anticipation as Misty's eyes began to flutter.

"Ash!" she called out, as her eyes opened suddenly and she sat up, a look of fear in her eyes.

"It's okay? I'm right he?" he was cut off when Misty threw her arms around him, her body shaking and tears running down her face.

"Ash?I was so scared?" she said through sobs.

Ash hesitated, his face red and his eyes full of shock. But slowly, he put his arms around her and held her, trying to calm her down.

"It's alright Misty? It's all over now?" he said soothingly. He smiled as he felt her stop shaking. She reluctantly pulled out of their embrace as Brock and Gary made their way over to her. Ash found that he felt strangely empty when Misty pulled away.

"Pikachu pi!" Pikachu called out as it jumped up on Misty's lap.

"Hey Pikachu", Misty said, petting the small rodent.

"Toki!" Togepi, whom Brock had set upon the bed, squeaked out as it ran into its 'mother's' arms.

"Togepi?hi", Misty said, smiling at her little Pok�mon.

"Are you okay Misty?" Brock asked, a concerned tone in his voice.

Misty nodded, though she did not look well. "My head hurts but I'm fine?" she said slowly. "What happened?? Did I have a fever??"

"No?" Brock said, preparing himself to explain everything to Misty.

"It's my fault", Gary interjected.

Misty looked over to him. "What??"

"I ordered my Umbreon to use nightmare on Pikachu, but there was a landslide in the distance and Umbreon accidentally looked up and hit you instead?" he explained.

"What? I was hit by a nightmare attack?" Misty asked, shocked.

Gary nodded. "I'm sorry?"

Seeing the honesty in his eyes, Misty forgave him instantly. "It's okay. It wasn't your fault."

Gary nodded. "Thanks?"

"So did I just wake up? How long had I been asleep for?" she asked.

"Actually?" Ash started.

"Ash saved you", Brock interrupted.

Misty's eyes opened wide as she stared at Ash. "What?? How??"

"We used an Unown to transport Ash inside your mind, where he then had the task of freeing you from your nightmares", Brock explained.

"You saw all my nightmares??" Misty asked Ash slowly, fear in her eyes.

Ash nodded, but gave her a reassuring smile.

"But you're alright now, and that's all that matters."

"Now! I want you to all clear out so Misty can get some rest! Right this minute!" Nurse Joy instructed strictly as she walked into the room.

Brock and Gary followed her instruction, taking Pikachu and Togepi and leaving the room. Brock followed Nurse Joy out of the room like a shadow. His fear about Misty's health no longer engulfing his mind, he realised that he was in the presence of a beautiful lady.

"Wait, Nurse Joy!" Brock called after her as Gary rolled his eyes.

Ash looked into Misty's eyes. He could see that she was afraid, probably because he had seen everything that she was afraid of, most of which she had never talked to him about before.

"Please Ash?don't tell anyone?" she pleaded, tears filling her eyes.

"You have my word", he said softly, nodding his head.

Misty watched as he walked out, and laid back down. Not bothering to put up her defences, she let herself cry as her nightmares drifted through her mind.

'Ash knows everything? All about my past?and all about my fears for the future? And now he knows how I feel about him?' she thought. 'What if he thinks I'm weird or a freak? What if he abandons me??' Her childlike fears made their way into her mind; fears which she had since thought were part of her past. Not bothering to wipe away her tears, she cried herself to sleep.

-

Sighing to himself slightly, Ash walked down the path leading from the Pok�mon Centre. He had decided that he needed some time to think. Walking slowly, he stared up into the sky. The sun had set and it was becoming increasingly dark. A full moon shone above, a large difference to the dark, velvet looking sky that it laid upon. Countless stars shone their bright light down onto the Earth. He sat down on the edge of a hill, which overlooked a river. The light from the moon reflected into the river, causing it to glisten. It was a beautiful place, he noticed. Ash stared into the water as if it would give him an answer to all of the questions he had. Firstly, there were the disturbing discoveries that he'd made about Misty's past. He wondered why she had never told him. 'Maybe she didn't want to remember it? Or maybe she didn't want me to know? I wonder if Brock knows?' Then there was the other nightmare that Ash had witnessed?the one concerning himself. Ash was always too concerned about his Pok�mon training to even think about Misty as anything more than a friend, but now that he considered it, he realised that perhaps his feelings did reach beyond friendship. He placed himself in the situation of the nightmare, and thought about what he would do. After considering this for a while, he decided that he would not have laughed off her confession. In fact, he realised that he would have agreed with it. Ash had matured quite a bit over the past year. He was no longer as irrational as before, and thought about more than just Pok�mon. He had even had a few crushes on girls that they had met on their travels. However, nothing ever reached as deep as the feelings that he had for Misty. Somehow, he had known it all along, but never acknowledged it. Perhaps he was too afraid to confront it. But it was time to admit his feelings. Misty would most likely tell him how she felt about him sometime soon, after all. He did want to spend more time alone with her. He hated arguing with her, though this had subsided more and more as they got older. They were undeniably close, but Ash found himself wanting to be closer.

-

"Ash??" he heard a voice say.

Ash turned around quickly. "Misty?" he asked as he saw her standing alone. "What are you doing awake? You should be resting?"

Misty shook her head. "I have been? I couldn't sleep any longer?" She slowly made her way to where Ash was sitting. Hesitantly, she sat down next to him, staring at the moonlight's reflection on the river. They sat in silence for a few moments, neither of them really knowing what to say.

"I'm really sorry, Misty?"

"What? What for?"

"I should have listened to you when you warned me about battling where we did?"

Misty shook her head. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault. You couldn't have known."

"Yeah but I should've. From now on, I promise I'll listen to you more, okay?"

Misty nodded, smirking a bit. "Alright?"

"Hey Misty?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you jump in front of me like that??"

Misty looked down. "Well?I just? I don't know?" she stuttered out. "I just?did it?"

The two fell into another bout of somewhat uncomfortable silence. Ash and Misty sat fidgeting with the grass or their shoelaces, not knowing how to begin talking about what each of them wanted to discuss.

Finally, Ash spoke again. "I?won't tell anybody?if that's what you want."

Misty nodded. "Thanks?" Her eyes were fixed on the river ahead of her. Ash noticed that she had not turned to look at him once.

"Misty?" he asked, and on instinct, she turned to look at him. Her eyes were still filled with fear, and they were red, obviously from crying. Instantly, she turned away. A concerned look spread over Ash's face.

"Do you want to talk about it??" he asked her.

She did not answer.

"It's good to talk about things?" he explained. "When I was young, and Gary used to pick on me, I would always talk to my mom about it and it would make me feel better."

Again, Misty did not answer.

"You know that you can trust me?right?"

Misty nodded. "Yes", she replied.

"Then?you can tell me anything?"

Misty found herself slipping again. Tears welled up in her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. Her shoulders began to shake, half from the fear of letting her emotions run free in front of Ash and the other half from the fact that she was upset.

Ash noticed this. He knew he had to do something to calm her, to make her feel like she was safe. He lifted his arm slowly, and hesitantly put it around her, pulling her closer to him. Ash was glad that she couldn't see the red streaks across his cheeks. Misty was shocked at the gesture, but let him pull her closer. Giving way to her tears, she let them pour out of her eyes as she sobbed in his arms. She felt protected, like she was safe and had nothing to fear. Ash soothingly rubbed her arm with the arm that he had wrapped around her as she cried, his face blushing a deep red. He could feel his heart beating at what he guessed was about one thousand beats per second, and hoped she couldn't feel it.

"I just?" she began to talk. "I thought I had put all of that behind me?"

"About what happened in your past?"

"Yeah? I hardly ever have nightmares about that anymore? But everything just came flooding back?" Misty trailed off, and silence prevailed between them again. Misty pulled out of his embrace, wiping her eyes and pulling herself into a ball, wrapping her arms around her knees.

"You're a very strong person, Misty."

Misty did not answer, so Ash continued. "I bet your parents are so proud of you."

Misty turned her head, shocked that Ash would say something so?heartfelt. She looked into his eyes.

"You think so??"

"I know so", Ash replied, smiling at her, looking into her eyes. Time seemed to slow as they stared into each other's eyes. When they realised, however, their cheeks turned a deep shade of red, and they looked away.

"How did you set me free?" Misty asked moments later.

"Well?" Ash explained. "I told you that I cared about you?since in a lot of your nightmares you were upset because you thought nobody did?"

Misty nodded, staring at the moon's reflection once again. She knew that she couldn't avoid the inevitable forever. Ash saw in her nightmares how she feels about him. 'I wonder if he feels the same way? No?he couldn't. Ash wouldn't think of me in that way?'

Ash looked over at Misty, who seemed to be deep in thought.

"You okay?"

Misty nodded slowly, remaining silent.

"Ash??" she said quietly, moments later.

"Yeah?"

"I? I just wanted to say?" she stuttered, before stopping herself. She was about to lose her best friend because of her selfishness, because of her stupid feelings.

"Misty??" he said softly, his face turning a deep red. She turned to look at him and noticed that he was blushing.

"You don't have to?" Slowly and gently, he took hold of her arm and moved his face closer to hers. He looked into her eyes for a moment, seeing what looked like a mixture, of fear, longing and uncertainty. Bit by bit, he edged closer to her, before finally kissing her gently on the lips. When he pulled away, he looked into her eyes, as she looked into his, neither of the two saying anything.

"I?" Misty finally stumbled out.

"I do care about you, Misty", Ash said. "And I?I really like you?a lot?" he continued, blushing.

Misty blushed herself. "I do too, Ash?" she said. "A lot?"

Ash smiled.

'I can't believe it?he actually likes me back? I can't?believe it?' she thought.

"How long have you felt this way?" Ash asked.

"Ever since we were kids?" Misty replied.

Ash nodded. "I think I did too?but I never really realised it because I was too caught up thinking about other things."

"I always hoped that was the case", Misty said. Silence fell upon them once again.

"Hey Misty?"

"Yeah?"

"I want you to know that?you can talk to me about anything, anytime?"

Misty smiled slightly. "Thanks, Ash?" Misty closed her eyes, still tired from the day's ordeal.

"We should be getting you back? You need to rest", Ash said.

Misty nodded. "Okay", she replied as Ash helped her up.

Ash quickly took hold of Misty's hand, blushing as he did so. Misty smiled, and they made their way back to the Pok�mon Centre.

"By the way, Misty?" Ash said while they were walking.

Misty glanced at him. "What is it?"

"I think you're more beautiful than all of your sisters put together", he said genuinely, redness again creeping across his face.

She looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you, Ash."

"Huh? For what?"

"For?everything."

Ash smiled at her, blushing, as they walked back to the Pok�mon Centre in silence, their futures seeming as bright as the moon above.

THE END

fond at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1859894/1/

« Last edited by a000man on Apr 26th 2010 »
umbreondude Posted: 19:29 Apr27 2010 Post ID: 2837147
umbreondude
Forum GuestMember
+
If Ash and Misty hated eachother it would be more like this:

Your ugly

I dont like you

staryu attack

ow, i realize i love you

o, really

no

your die ing

DUH!!!

the end
Ran08 Posted: 23:43 Apr28 2010 Post ID: 2837748
Ran08
Post Likes: 1
+
Anxious
Eeeeeeeeeeee.... I LOVE IT!!!
Totally!Applause
That was a great story!!! Well... of all the girls Ash has been with, I like Misty the best! Hmmm... I guess that's because she uses and loves Water-type Pokemon like me but... oh well...
I think Misty and Ash are a perfect pair!!!
Well...since it's posted in fanfiction.net too... then I'll read it!!! I also have an account there you know goin' by the same name!
I LOVE IT!!!
But isn't Misty older than Ash? Like, maybe a year or two???
Hmmm... but they're still a perfect pair...

« Last edited by Ran08 on Apr 29th 2010 »

3DS Friend Code
Ran: 5069-4867-0474
a000man Posted: 18:15 May06 2010 Post ID: 2841261
a000man
+
thank you Ran08. i think your right about the ages.
well i hope you like this one too : smile :
this is also long

A Test of Strength By BellaWaterFlower

Hey all, I'm back. I've been preparing this fic for ages, so that's where I've been. Although I guess it hasn't been THAT long, compared to how long I thought it would take. Anywayz, I'll let you read.

I did the chaptering thing also, for those of you who like chapters. I didn't have time the other day though, so I'm doing it now. Hope u like!

Terminal Speed
It was a dreary day as Ash, Misty and Brock reached the Pok�mon Centre. They were currently in Goldenrod City, and Ash was looking to compete for his next gym badge ? the Plain badge. However, before they could do anything they had to stop to heal their injured Pok�mon. They hadn't seen anything but trees and bushes for days, and needed to stock up on items and supplies before they left again. Pikachu could barely stand from all the exhaustion. They all stumbled in, Brock of course turning red at first sight of the Nurse Joy standing at the desk. He didn't even have time to act, though, as he felt a hand on his ear. He turned around to see Misty shaking her head at him, showing that she wasn't in the mood.

"Ok ok! I promise I won't do anything!" he cried.

Satisfied with the answer, Misty turned to Ash. "Well, I guess we'd better heal our Pok�mon and get to the next gym quick, huh Ash?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I can't wait to have another battle. The only ones I've had recently are battles against Team Rocket."

The three of them walked up to the counter and asked Joy to heal their Pok�mon. Brock could see Misty narrowing her eyes at him, and she held her hand ready to grip his ear again if he tried anything. Ash couldn't help but laugh. They gave all their Pok�mon over, and were about to leave to have some dinner, when the Joy asked them a question. "Before you go, do any of you know anyone by the name of Ash Ketchum?"

Ash looked at her strangely. "Yeah, that's me?"

Joy gasped. "Oh my gosh! Thank goodness I've found you! I have a message for you from Professor Oak. He told me it was extremely important, and he knew you'd be passing through here so he left it with me." She dug into a drawer and pulled out a piece of paper, handing it over to him. Ash took it and opened it straight away. 'What could be so important that Professor Oak couldn't wait till I called him?' Ash wondered. He read the note out loud.

"Ash,

I need you to come to Pallet immediately. Your mom is sick, she collapsed the today and has been put in hospital, but they say it could be bad. I don't want to worry you but I think you should come. See you soon.

~Professor Oak." Ash stopped and re-read the note again to see if he was reading right. He looked up at Misty and Brock. Their faces were filled with just as much worry as his. His put the letter in his bag. "Guys, I have to go back."

Misty looked into his eyes. She could see they had been overpowered by hints of confusion and worry. "It's ok. We'll just wait for the Pok�mon and then?"

"No, we can't wait", Ash interrupted her. "What if mom is really really sick? I have to get there right away. I'll go catch the next flight to Pallet Town, but can you guys bring my Pok�mon later?"

Brock nodded. "Sure Ash. And don't worry. I'm sure everything will be ok."

Ash nodded at him unsurely, and started to walk out, when Misty called out to him. "Ash wait!"

He turned back to her.

"Ash let me come with you. Brock can bring both our Pok�mon, and you don't really wanna be by yourself do ya?" Misty asked.

Ash looked unsure. "You don't have to Misty."

Misty shook her head. "But I want to. At least you'll have some company."

Ash nodded and half smiled. "Ok, thanks Misty."

She smiled back, half blushing. They checked with Brock if that was ok, and quickly rushed to the airport.

Ash and Misty got to the airport 15 minutes later, and straight away boarded a plane to Pallet.

It was night time as the plane swiftly flew through the air. It would take about 4 hours to get to Pallet, seeing they had walked so far into Johto. The two sat next to each other in the plane. Misty was falling asleep but Ash couldn't stop think about his mom. Misty opened her eyes and looked to him. 'Oh no, he's so worried. But what can I do to help? I guess I can try to convince him that everything will be fine, but I don't know that. Oh?why do bad things happen to such good people??' Misty thought as she drifted to sleep.

Ash could feel her look at him, he knew she was also worrying. All he wanted to do was cry, and he didn't even know anything about his mom's condition yet. For all he knew it could be stress or over-tiredness. As soon as he noticed Misty fall asleep he let the tears that were coming drip down his eyes, and he pulled his cap over and tried to fall asleep. But no matter how he tried, sleep wouldn't come, and the next to hours were spent desperately fighting his thoughts of worry. After a long while, he gave up, and sat up. Misty was just waking up, too.

"Ugh, how long was I asleep for?" she asked him.

"Two hours", he replied tonelessly.

She noticed he still had the same endless, worried look on his face. "Ash, are you gonna be ok?"

Ash nodded unsurely. "I dunno what's come over me. It's just the thought of my strong mom sick makes me think that something is really wrong with her. She is never, ever sick. And no matter how much I try to convince myself, I can't shake the feeling from my head."

Misty was surprised at the depth of his words. He sounded?smart? She nodded turned so that her whole body was facing him. "Ash I know you're worried, and I can't tell you not to worry because I don't know what's going on either. All you can do is wait and pray, and I know it must be terrible but? just remember that whatever happens, Brock and I will be here for you."

Ash nodded. "Yeah, you're right Misty. Thanks."

She smiled mildly. "You're welcome."

They both fell silent as the TV was switched on and they both put the earphones on to watch it. But Misty couldn't stand seeing Ash so unhappy. He was always so energetic and hyperactive, in a good way. 'How can I cheer him up??' she thought. 'Oh! I know?'

"Ash", she said, taking her headphones off. "Do you still remember when we first met?"

Ash took his own earphones off and blinked at her blankly. "Huh? Yeah of course I do". A small smile crossed his face at that moment, as he said, "How could I forget?"

Misty smiled back. "You were sooo immature. I was so mad when you took my bike. It was the only thing I had left that reminded me of home. But when I got to the Pok�mon Centre and you were there all upset because of Pikachu, I felt really sorry for you."

"Yeah I guess I was a little immature?" Ash said, looking up at Misty, who had her eyebrows raised. "Ok, maybe a lot!" she laughed.

"Oh, Misty, do you remember when we went to Pewter City? You got mad at me when I wouldn't use your Pok�mon, and you left me with the bill of where we were eating."

Misty laughed at the thought. "Yeah! But come to think of it, why wouldn't you use my Pok�mon?"

"Well, I guess I just wanted to prove to myself that I could win with the Pok�mon I had trained."

"Ohh, I never thought of it that way? oh yeah, and do you remember Seymour and the Clefairy? I seriously thought there was something wrong with that guy."

Ash laughed at the thought. "Yeah I know. He was a mental case. And then when we were on our way to Viridian City, that other guy, the alien one. Remember him?"

Misty nodded. "I know, the one that called me an alien. Oswald."

Ash laughed. "Yeah, that's right. Oh, Giselle at Pok�mon Tech. I remember you getting all mad at her because everyone liked her."

"She really annoyed me that one. I can't stand people like that, who just love themselves more than anything else in the world."

"Yeah, same. Part of the reason why I can't stand Gary."

Misty quietened down. "So, how come you and Gary are rivals? I thought that two people from such a small place would be really good friends. You never told me."

Ash looked down, not liking to remember the thought. "Well, we were best friends, ever since we were born. We were like twins. Nobody could pull us apart. But when we started getting into Pok�mon, we?well, he changed. Gary became bigger, and more mature than me, and we started to see less and less of each other. I was really upset, because Gary was the best friend I ever had. When we were almost 10, and were beginning to learn about Pok�mon and stuff, he just totally ignored me and stayed with Professor Oak. He was really mean to me, saying how he was gonna beat me and all. I guess it was just competitiveness."

"Oh, really? Wow, I never would have guessed that you two were best friends", Misty said. She could see Ash didn't like to talk about it though, and felt bad for bringing it up. So she decided to bring up another happy moment from the past. "Oh, Ash, do you remember when we wanted, well, you wanted, to find the ancient Pok�mon bones, and Team Rocket planted that trap and you all got stuck in there?"

Ash laughed. "Yeah, I really thought that Aerodactyl was gonna eat me?"

The conversation went on for another hour, until Ash and Misty landed. Misty had managed to reach her goal ? she cheered Ash up and made him laugh and smile like he usually does.

The two reached the Pallet Town General Hospital at 12:00pm. Both of them were extremely tired, and wanted nothing else but to go to sleep, but Ash knew he had to see his mom. Ash ran to the front desk, Misty right behind him.

"Excuse me, but where can I find Deliah Ketchum?"

The nurse at the desk typed a few keys into her computer. "Oh, I'm sorry, but it's only visiting time for immediate family."

"I'm her son."

"Oh, ok. She's in room 110, floor 2."

"Thanks, c'mon Misty."

"Wait!" the nurse halted them. "You can't go through unless you're related", she said, pointing at Misty.

Misty frowned. "Oh?"

"She can come with me! She's uh?umm?she's my girlfriend!" Ash blurted out.

Misty facefaulted. 'What?!' she though, but didn't say anything, he must have a plan.

"Please, you have to let her through. My mom knows her really well."

The nurse looked at him weirdly, but then smiled. "Oh! What a cute couple! Go on through kids."

Ash and Misty blushed and looked away, but then Ash quickly ran off to the elevators, with Misty closely in tow. He literally jumped into the elevator. "Ash slow down!" Misty cried. Once she was also inside, he pressed the button for floor 2.

"Hey Misty, I'm sorry about that", Ash said quietly.

"Huh? About what?"

"The girlfriend thing? I just don't want to come in here alone?"

Misty half blushed, but shook her head. "It's ok Ash. I would've done the same thing."

Ash smiled weakly at her. 'If only she really was my girlfriend. Ha, but I can only wish?' The elevator dinged to show that it was at floor 2, and the two got out.

Ash rushed down the corridor to the room the nurse had pointed him to. He burst into the room, with Misty close behind, just in time to see the doctor telling his mom the results.

"Ash!" Deliah called out.

"Mom, are you ok? What happened?!" Ash cried, running straight to her bedside. Deliah Ketchum looked incredibly sick. She was white in complexion and a nervous wreck. She signalled to the doctor to tell her the news of her testing. Misty came and sat next to Ash, ready to help him if he needed it.

The doctor, known as Dr. Adams, began. "Your testing had showed up what is wrong with you, and what has caused you to collapse and feel unwell. I wish I could tell you that what showed up on the results is good news, but I'm afraid it isn't."

Deliah frowned. "What?what do you mean?" she stuttered out.

"You have a tumor in your brain. It has been lying there dormant for quite some time now. But it has recently become active, and it has spread beyond its place of origin. It has invaded your tissues and blood vessels, and entered your bloodstream. This is what caused you to black out, and feel tired and dizzy all the time."

"Oh my God?" Deliah murmured.

"Well, isn't there some kind of treatment?" Ash said. He could feel tears threatening to spill out of his eyes, but held them back. He wanted to be brave.

"I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do. Because the tumour has been there for a long time, it has spread around the whole bloodstream. Why you have only just begun to feel symptoms I don't know, but the tumor has totally taken over your body. It's rare, but some people don't feel any symptoms at all. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but we cannot do anything to help you?" the doctor said in a tone that showed no emotions. It was hard to tell whether he was happy or upset. It's like something a doctor has to learn when training, not to show any emotion when telling patients they're going to die.

"What are you saying?" Ash said unbelievably. 'I can't believe I'm hearing this?' he thought. Again, he had to urge to cry, but kept it back.

"The tumor is malignant, it has been for some time now, and terminal."

Ash and Deliah began to cry. Misty looked on in fear. 'Oh my God?' she thought.

"No! you can't tell me my mom is going to die!" Ash cried, getting up to face the doctor.

"I'm?I'm sorry young man?"

Ash's jaw dropped in shock. Tears spilled out of Misty's eyes, and for the first time in a while, she began to cry seriously.

"How long have I got?" Deliah asked.

"It's hard to say. Because the cancer has spread so fast, so much, it's most likely to be weeks."

Deliah closed her eyes tightly, wanting it to all go away. 'Why did this have to happen to me?' she asked herself. She opened her eyes again. "Thankyou doctor."

Dr. Adams nodded, and walked out of the room. Ash walked over to his mom, and hugged her tightly. "Oh mom? Why did this have to happen?" he choked out.

Misty stopped crying and held her tears back. She didn't know what to say. Her best friend was about to loose his mother. The only part of his family he had left, as she thought because he didn't seem to have a father, and never talked about him. She lowered her eyes and clenched her fist. "Why??' she murmured quietly, letting one more tear slip down her face.

Ash and Misty had went home after a while of staying at the hospital. Dr. Adams told them that Deliah needed her rest, and they could come back in the morning. Ash had stopped crying, but his eyes were red and he looked more upset than he ever had before. Ash and Misty sat in the lounge watching TV, not saying anything, waiting for Brock. Misty couldn't think of anything to say to him that would be the right thing to say. Plus, she was afraid of upsetting him. they sat in silence for 15 minutes, when they heard a knock at the door. Mimie was at Professor Oak's, so Misty got up to answer it. It was Brock, with Pikachu, and Togepi in his arm. Pikachu bounded off in search of his trainer, and Togepi jumped chirpily into Misty's arms, giving her a hug. Brock saw that Misty looked upset.

"Hey Misty, what's wrong?" he inquired.

She sighed, and a few tears slipped down her face.

"Misty? What happened? Did you have another fight with Ash?"

Misty shook her head. "No, it isn't that? Ash's mom?"

"Oh yeah. Is she ok?"

"No, no she isn't. Mrs. Ketchum has a brain tumour, and?and it's terminal Brock."

Brock gasped. "Oh my gosh?"

Misty lowered her head. "Yeah?"

"How's Ash?" he said in a low voice.

Misty pointed towards the room he was in. "See for yourself."

Brock looked in and saw Ash sitting on one of the couches. He had his hat over his eyes and was stroking Pikachu gently. Brock frowned. He went over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hey Ash. I'm sorry?"

Ash looked up at him for a brief moment. Brock could see that his eyes were puffy and red from crying, and they showed emotions of fear and sadness. Ash nodded, and went back to stroking Pikachu. Misty sat down and the three of the watched a bit more TV. But about 10 minutes later, Ash suddenly got up. Leaving Pikachu behind, he ran up to his room and slammed the door. Misty looked to Brock, who was frowning. Brock began to get up, but Misty stopped him. She stood up. "Let me go talk to him Brock." He nodded and she walked to Ash's room.

It was dark in his room as Misty opened the door. The moonlight shining through the curtains provided the only light, which was very dim. She could hear Ash crying as she walked inside. He was lying on his bed, face down, with his face in the pillow. Misty didn't know what to say. 'I can't ask him if he's ok, because I know he isn't. His mom is dying. What do I do?' she thought. She knew that he knew she was there, but he didn't say anything. Misty walked over to the bed, and tapped on his shoulder. He sniffed a few times, but turned around to face her. He sat up and put his feet on the floor, putting his head in his hands. Misty sat next to him.

"What did I do to make this happen?" he choked out, and he began sobbing again.

Misty frowned. "Ash? you didn't do anything. These things just happen sometimes. It's nobody's fault." She saw that he wasn't convinced, and needed comforting, so she put her arm around his shoulder. 'There's nothing else I can do. This is the only way I can let him know that it's gonna be ok.'

He let her pull him into a hug, and gratefully cried in her arms. Usually he'd have his mom to do this, but now everything had changed. He cried for a little, and then stopped. He pulled out of Misty's arms. "Thanks Misty."

She smiled and nodded. "No problem. Why don't you get some sleep now."

He nodded slowly. "Ok I'll try."

Misty walked out of the room and closed the door slowly. She wasn't used to seeing her friend in an emotional state. He always tried to act strong and calm. 'I guess this time it's too much for him.' She walked downstairs to the questioning eyes of Brock.

"He's ok. He just needed to cry it out."

Brock nodded. "That's understandable. This is probably the first time anything like this has happened to him. He doesn't know how to deal with it."

Pikachu scampered upstairs to Ash's room. Misty told Brock she was going to sleep, and he nodded and agreed that they should all get some rest. It was hard to sleep though. She thought of Mrs. Ketchum as a second mother. But the thing that upset her most was thinking of what this loss might do to Ash. He was already depressed, and she hadn't died yet. But she pushed it all out of her mind, and closed her eyes tight. Sleep never came though. She couldn't get the horrible thoughts that lurked in her mind out. She stayed awake all night thinking of what was going to happen when she died, and why it was Deliah that this was happening to. In the end she tried to cry herself to sleep, she finally drifted off but it 5 minutes later it was time to get up and go to the hospital.

For 2 weeks Ash went back and forth from the hospital. He got up at 5 o'clock every morning and left, and went back home at midnight. He was tired, but he ignored it. Misty and Brock went with him everytime. Ash's Pok�mon were unfit and not eating properly because Ash wasn't spending time training them, but they understood that he was going through a tough time and let Misty and Brock take care of them. Ash was just in another world. He didn't cry anymore, but his friends could tell he was deeply hurt. Misty hadn't seen him smile since he found out the news, and that was a rare thing.

It was a cold, windy day as Ash sat next to his mom in hospital. Deliah looked even sicker by then, and she could hardly speak. But it was this day that she had rather serious talk with her son.

"Ash", she said weakly.

"Yeah mom? Don't talk, it takes up too much strength."

She shook her head. "No, I have to talk to you. Please, let me speak."

Ash slowly nodded. 'What could be up?' he thought. He was feeling uneasy and nervous.

"Ash, I want to talk to you about Misty."

"Misty?" he began to feel even more nervous.

"I know you care about her, it's obvious."

Ash facefaulted. "What?! I do not!"

"Ash you don't have to hide it from me. I know you like her more than a friend. I was just wondering what you were going to do about it."

Ash blushed. He stared at the floor.

"Ash sweetie, if you don't tell her you'll lose her."

"But how can I? I don't know that she feels the same way. If I tell her and she doesn't, it will totally destroy our friendship, and I don't want that."

Deliah smiled. "I don't think that will be the case. Believe me Ash, I can tell when two people are in love, and you two have a sort of connection. Think about it Ash, and when the time is right, tell her. I need to know that you'll do this. Promise me."

He smiled. "I will, when the time is right. I promise." Deep inside he wondered why his mother was so pushy about it. 'Does she feel that she's dying right now?' he questioned, but shook the thought. But it returned as he left, and his mom was extra emotional. She kissed and hugged him, and told him to be careful and change his underwear every day.

"I love you Ash. Never forget that."

"I love you too mom", he said tearily. He wanted to stay, but he was so tired he could hardly stay awake. He cried saying goodbye to her, because she was so emotional. But he left to go home, and went straight to sleep when he got home. He slept for a whole day, catching up on the 2 weeks he had missed. He had wanted to wake up, but couldn't. Slumber took over him, and he when he woke up he started to get ready to go back to the hospital. He was extra worried because of Deliah's emotional state the day before, and couldn't believe he had forgotten to go back to her. But as he was getting ready, he got a phone call.

"Ash it's the doctor", Misty said as she handed him the phone. She stood right behind him as he talked.

"Hello?" he said into the phone.

"Mr. Ketchum? Is that you?"

"Yes, this is me."

"This is Dr. Adams. I'm?I'm afraid I have some bad news."

Ash gulped and tears stung his eyes. He made a small sound into the phone to let the doctor know that he was still there.

"Ash you mom died overnight. I'm sorry, we tried to revive her but her time had come. I truly, deeply sorry."

Ash was stunned. He was expecting the phone call, he knew it was coming that day or soon after, yet he was so unprepared. He couldn't do or say anything. He stood in shock at the force of the words. His mother was gone, and he would never be able to talk to her, see her smile, have her hold him or do anything with her ever again. He was so young, so in need of her right now, but she was gone and she would never return. He couldn't cry, he was too shocked. Misty put her hand on his shoulder. She too knew that this call meant death. She took the phone from the frozen boy and told Dr. Adams they'd be at the hospital soon. With Brock's help she led Ash over to the couch. He hadn't said anything, he just stood there with his eyes staring straight ahead, as if he was a statue. Brock sat in front of him on the table.

"Now Ash. I know you have just suffered a terrible loss. I'm very sorry, and I need to let you know that whatever pain you're feeling inside, you have to get it out. If you feel like crying, cry. If you want to kick and scream and tear up the house, do it. Just don't keep your anger and emotional pain bottled up inside of you. I know how it feels to loose a mother, because I lost mine. This is the first time something like this has happened to you, and you'll have your own way of dealing with it. But whatever happens, Misty and I will be here for you."

Ash blinked at Brock, and tears came to his eyes as he thought. 'I'll never see her, ever again. There are no second chances. That's why she was so emotional when I left that day. She knew she was going to die. I knew it though, I knew she knew. Why didn't I do something about it? I don't want to cry. Not anymore. Isn't that too babyish? But Brock just said that I should get all my anger out.' A mixture of thoughts rushed through his head and he let the tears run. He laid face down on the couch and cried into the pillow. Misty put a comforting hand on his back. Pikachu, who had just woken up, came downstairs and snuggled near its trainers' head. It knew what had happened without even asking. Ash cried for about 10 minutes straight, then calmed down a bit. Misty couldn't control her pain, and she also cried. Brock just sat there. He knew how it felt, he was used to it, loosing many people in his life. He comforted his two friends, telling them that things would get better. But nothing he could say or do could ease their pain, especially Ash's. the horrible pain of loss was as hard to brush aside as a migraine. It lurks within your thoughts until it drives you crazy. Ash didn't know what to do. His only refuge were his friends, and they were the people he'd be needing most for the next few months.

The funeral had been planned for Sunday. It was Saturday, a week after her death. Ash wasn't coping well. His sleeping and eating patterns weren't normal, and they definitely weren't healthy. He spent most of his time looking at old photo's of him and his mom, in his room, occasionally coming down for something to eat. He didn't cry, because he wanted to be strong. He wanted to turn back into the person he was when he was on his journey. Strong and ambitious, not letting anything or anyone get in his way. he wanted to somehow switch out of this life and lead another one. But he knew that nothing he thought of was possible. He was here and this was now, and he couldn't change what had happened. He didn't have any sort of connection with his Pok�mon at that time. Not even Pikachu. He just didn't have time for them. He tried to force himself to train them, but he couldn't do it. And he knew that Brock and Misty were helping him out by letting them out of their Pok� balls and letting them have a stretch and something to eat each day. Throughout that week, Misty had been with him most of the time. She would talk with him, make him feel more comfortable, try to make him smile? He was more grateful to her for that than he could be for anything else. They were becoming closer, and he couldn't help but remember his mother's dying wish. "Believe me Ash, I can tell when two people are in love, and you two have a sort of connection. Think about it Ash, and when the time is right, tell her". He had so much on his mind, he just wanted to get it out.

The next day was the funeral, and the weather outside matched everybody's moods. It was cold, rainy, stormy and windy. The sky was a dark grey, and thunder rumbled in the distance. Ash didn't even want to go, he didn't feel well. But he knew it was the last chance he had to say goodbye. He also wanted to say a eulogy, if he could manage. He dressed in a suit and tie, and walked with a similarly dressed Brock, and Misty, who wore a black dress and long black coat, into the church where the funeral would be held. Pikachu wore a black bow-tie and had an distressed look on its small face. Ash stood at the church doors as people filed in. They shook his hand and told him how sorry they were. Even Gary was there, and he hugged Ash in a friendly embrace as he walked in, letting him know that he was very sorry. Ash was pleased that he had come from his journey to be here, and hoped they could be friends again. Jessie and James even turned up. They hugged Ash and told him that it should have been them that something bad happened to, not him. He wasn't surprised. Now he definitely knew they were good people.

After everyone had sat down, the session started. Ash hadn't cried yet, but tears came to him as the song that had been chosen was played. It was 'There you'll be' by Faith Hill, and he shuddered and let his tears flow as he felt the impact the words had on him. The mass seemed to go by quickly, and he didn't even notice the tall, dark haired man in the back, who was wearing a trench coat and had a hat over his face, watching. When the priest asked if anybody wanted to say anything, Ash got up. He quietly asked Misty if she would go with him, and she nodded. She stood next to him as he talked.

"My mom was definitely an inspirational women. She brought me up all on her own since I was about 4, when my father left. She never had any doubts about it. And even though sometimes things were tough, she never gave up on me. I never thought anything like this would happen to her. She has been so kind to everyone she met. I frequently ask myself why this happened. She did nothing to deserve it. But I know I can't change what future God has in store for us. I can't change the fact that my mom, the person that knows me better than I know myself, who has taken care of me since I was born, just died. I wish it never happened. I wish I could erase it, but I can't. I ugh?don't know what I'll do without her. And ummm?" he began to quiver as he spoke. He didn't even know what he was saying. Words just poured out of his mouth sub-consciously. "?I'm sorry", he blurted out, and walked back to his seat,

accompanied by the sympathetic looks of the people around him. Misty smiled weakly at him, her face saying that he did good. He didn't really even know what he said, he was very

confused. When the funeral ended, and he coffin was buried, Ash stood alone in front of where the gravestone was planted. He had wanted some time alone. He touched the soft, marble stone, and read the words on the plaque. 'You filled us with courage, joy and love. You deserved everything but to die. We will always love you'. He sniffed.

He didn't even notice a person come up behind him until he put a hand on his shoulder. Ash slowly turned around, and almost fainted at what he saw.

"Dad?"

Luke Ketchum nodded. He was the tall, dark haired man who sat in the back of the church. He had taken off his trench coat. He was about 6 foot tall, with spiky jet black hair and deep brown eyes. Anyone who looked at the two next to each other would be able to tell that they were closely related. He was the one where Ash got all of his looks from.

Ash gulped. "Oh my gosh?"

His father leant down to him, and Ash jumped into his arms. His father held him and Ash cried the rest of the tears he had left out. When Ash had finished, he pulled back out of his dad's arms.

"Dad, what are you doing here? Where have you been all this time?"

"I heard about Deliah. I couldn't believe it when I read in the newspaper that she had died. I didn't know anything about it? I didn't even get to say goodbye?" He stared at the floor.

Ash stared at him with an emotionless face.

His father knew what he wanted to know. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a badge, placing it into his son's hand. Ash looked down, and almost fainted again. In his hand he held the official badge of the Pok�mon Master. His father was the Pok�mon Master. He looked up at him with disbelief.

"That's where I've been all that time, Ash. Earning that title. I am not allowed to reveal who I am to anyone. You can't say a thing. My identity is such a huge secret I've had to change my name. I'm Lucas Sullivan now, except for when I'm training at my official place. I've wanted to come home for so long to see you, but I haven't been able to. People are looking everywhere for me. Trying to get the scoop on what type of Pok�mon I use, and how they can beat me."

"I?I don't know what to say", Ash stuttered out. "The Pok�mon Master?"

"I had to come back this time. I knew this would be tough for you. Just as tough as it is for me. Your mother knew about who I am. I thought that now you were the only one left, you should know too."

"I don't know what I'll do without her?"

"I know it's going to be hard. But you're strong. I've been watching you. I saw you when you first competed in the Indigo League, and when you beat the Orange League. TV serves a good purpose. I'm very proud of you son. I can't even express in words how proud I am that you have gotten so far."

Ash smiled slowly. He had been wanting to know where his dad was since he had left on his journey when Ash was 4. He thought he had abandoned him, but knew because of the money he sent every week that this wasn't the case. Ash didn't know what to say at all. And he was surprised at that because he had thought so many times about what he would say if this ever happened. He was deep in thought when his father's beeper went off.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ash. My time is up."

Ash frowned, but he knew he had to let his father go. He hugged his dad. "I'll miss you. And I'll see ya at the next Indigo League. You better train your Pok�mon harder", Ash smiled.

"I love you Ash. And I'll definitely see you soon, the way you're going. You'll be following in my footsteps. I know you can do it."

They let go, and Mr. Ketchum walked back the way he had come. Ash waved slowly, and then frowned. A few minutes later, Misty came over with Pikachu.

"Ash are you alright?"

Ash nodded as Pikachu jumped into his arms. Misty told him that it was time to go. Ash took one more look at the gravestone. "I love you mom. Goodbye", he said, and the three of them walked off to find Brock.

One week after the funeral, Ash and his friends were still staying at the house which now belonged to Ash. Even though Ash had told himself that he could get through the situation, he was finding it almost impossible to live knowing that he'd never see his mother again. Along with this, came the inability to train properly. Sure, he tried. He tried as hard as he could to get back on track with his training for the Johto League. But each time he tried to engage in a battle, or simply teach his Pok�mon simple skills, he would end up giving up because of a lack of self-confidence and tiredness. The fact was, that he didn't even want to DO anything. He just wanted to sit around and mope all day. His friends were equally upset, especially Misty. Brock and herself were upset about Mrs. Ketchum, but also about Ash. The energetic, hyperactive friend they had a while ago was just replaced with the depressed, miserable boy that walked around the house with nothing to do. The other thing, was that Ash never cried anymore. All his crying had been done, but it seemed like he wanted to cry all the time. However, his eyes remained cold and his face plain. The weather must've followed suit, because winter had truly set in. thunder mostly roared, and the rain had hardly stopped at all. The sky was always grey and gloomy, and dark clouds hung limply in the air.

It was one of those exact days, when Misty woke up early from not being able to sleep, and Ash wasn't there. He always let her have the bed, and he slept on the floor. But when she woke up and looked down, like she always did, to check if he was ok, he was gone. 'He probably couldn't sleep and got up early, and went downstairs', she thought to herself. But just to calm her nerves about where he was so early, she got up. The chill of the morning breeze surrounded her body, so she pulled some warm clothes on and splashed some water on her face in the bathroom to wake herself up. She walked downstairs and looked for Ash. But to her surprise and amazement, he wasn't there. He had left all of his Pok�mon behind, even Pikachu, who was asleep on the lounge near Brock. She was starting to get worried, when she saw a letter, stuck to the fridge with a small Jigglypuff magnet holding it up. She pulled it off and went to sit down. She opened the envelope and took the letter out, too worried about what it was going to say to waste a minute, or even wake Brock! The letter read:

Dear Misty and Brock,
I guess you were wondering where I was, and you found this letter. I tried to put it in an obvious spot. But anyway, that isn't why you're reading this. I'm most likely at the cemetery right now. Don't get worried, I'll come back. I just need some time to think. This loss has been really hard for me. I thought that maybe I could cope with it but I underestimated how difficult it would be. Wow, I just realised how smart I sound in this letter. I've been thinking crazily about things. I don't seem to have the energy to train anymore. I was even thinking giving it up. But I'm not sure? I know I'll regret it, but I just can't do it anymore. I'm going now. See you both soon.

Love,

Ash.

Misty finished reading it, and quickly went to wake up Brock, careful not to wake up Pikachu, or it would get worried too. She didn't know what to do. It was pouring outside, and Ash was out there upset. Who knows what he could do. Brock woke up groggily.

"Misty, it's 5:00 am. What are you doing?" he asked tiredly.

"Brock, get up! We have a problem!"

Brock bolted up. "What?! What is it?!"

"Ash is gone. Here, read this letter", she said, shoving the letter in his face. He read it carefully, checking everything twice. After he was done, he slowly put it down, and frowned.

"Well?" Misty asked.

He frowned again. "I'm afraid there's nothing we can do Misty."

"What?!" she asked, perplexed.

"Ash has to deal with this on his own. We can't get through this for him. That's something only he can do."

"But what if he goes and does something stupid?!"

"Ash is level-headed Misty. Plus, he has become a lot smarter and more mature through this experience. He isn't going to do anything stupid."

"I don't care. We're his friends Brock, we have to help him?"

"Misty I'm telling you. I've been through all of this before! I know how he feels. Trust me."

"No Brock. I'm going to find him. Please, just let me talk to him. I want to."

Brock sighed. He knew Misty cared for Ash. It was more obvious to him than to anyone, being their best friend. He nodded slowly, and she smiled, getting an umbrella out.

"Thanks Brock, I knew you'd understand."

She walked out the door into the pouring rain, praying that Ash was ok.

The rain still poured when Misty entered the cemetery. 'It seems ever more gloomier here than it is anywhere else, even with the weather like this', she thought. She walked down the path to where Deliah's grave was, and sure enough, sitting in front of it was Ash. The rain beat down, but he didn't seem to notice. She walked up to him. He started at the picture of his mother, which was at the top of the tombstone in a frame. There was no expression on his face, and he didn't even seem to notice Misty approach. He did, though, and he was secretly thankful. Misty sat down beside him and put her arm around him. She didn't care what he thought of it, she just wanted to be able to be there for him. The rain ceased to a drizzle, and then stopped. He didn't say anything, didn't make a sound. He just let himself be pulled into her arms, and he cried softly into her embrace. He was so lost and confused. Crying was the only way he could express it, because it really was quite sad, the way he was feeling. Neither of the pair had to say anything. They just sat there, in each other's arms. And deep in their hearts they knew what they wanted to say to each other. They brought their lips together, and fulfilled their dreams of having their first kiss with one-another. They both knew, and felt confident about their feelings for each other now, and felt comfortable sharing them. The fear and confusion about their feelings was abolished, and they felt as if a tonne of bricks had been lifted from their hearts. Ash again remembered the conversation he had with his mother just before she died, the one that kept playing in his head over and over.

~*~*~*~Flashback~*~*~*~

Deliah smiled. "Believe me Ash, I can tell when two people are in love, and you two have a sort of connection. Think about it Ash, and when the time is right, tell her. I need to know that you'll do this. Promise me."

He smiled. "I will, when the time is right. I promise."

~*~*~*~ End Flashback~*~*~*~

Misty rested her head on Ash's shoulder. Still, they said nothing. Sound was not needed. Deep in their hearts, they were communicating. And they each heard what the other was saying through this silence, as a rainbow appeared over the horizon of Pallet Town.

Ash got home and slept for a while. Pikachu was so glad to see him happy that it almost tundershocked everyone, and it jumped into his arms. The two best-buddies embraced, Brock was relived to everyone ok, and happy to see that his two best friends had admitted their feelings for one-another. Ash woke up at midnight, and pulled out his journal. He wrote slowly:

Dear Journal,

I never thought I was pull through this situation. Through my last few entries all I talked about was pain and anguish. But thanks to Misty, I think I've gotten past most of it. Today I went to down to the cemetery. I needed some time to think. All these crazy thoughts had entered my head. I was thinking of giving up training, even running away. But Misty came and found me? Through her actions, I knew that she loved me, and that everything would be alright. I'm so happy. All my fears and worries are gone. We didn't even need to say anything. Somehow I knew her feelings and she knew mine. It was weird. I'll never get over my mom's death. But somehow I now think that I can cope with it, especially with Misty's help. I didn't think I knew what love was, but now I think I understand. I'm going back on my Pok�mon journey. I'm gonna make my mom proud and win the Johto League for her! Then I'm going to become a Pok�mon Master! Misty told me something today. She said that if I gave up training, that wouldn't just be giving up my dreams, it would also be giving up my mom's dreams. I thought about that. Mom is watching me from Heaven, and giving up would be my way of letting her down. I can't do that. But anyway, now I think I better get some sleep. We leave back for Johto in two days.

~Ash

Ash closed the journal and smiled. He looked up to where Misty lay on his bed. "I love you. Thankyou", he said to her. Even though she was sleeping, she still mentally heard, and a smile crept up on her face as she slept.

Two days later, Ash stood outside his house. He had his backpack, Brock standing on one side, Misty next to him holding his hand, and Pikachu sitting on his shoulders happily. It was time to head back to Johto, and accomplish his dreams. Ash knew that with his loyal Pok�mon, his friends by his side, his father waiting for him, and his mother watching over him, he could fulfil his lifelong dream of becoming the Pok�mon Master. With all the spirit, enthusiasm and encouragement implanted in his soul at that moment, he could do anything. And nothing could stand in his way.

THE END

found at http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/sweet_dreams/ficskcb.html

try that umbreonedude

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 19:49 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841620
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
Where the hell are the mods?

This needs to be moved to Fan Fiction / Role Play.
Symbol de Au Posted: 21:46 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841671
Symbol de Au
+
Omigawsh a pokemon love story No Wai!!! That's incredible hombre...-_-

§|∞±×←→↑↓™©®♭♪$¢€£¥λζŸαβγδεηθιξνμοπρστυφχψωΓΔΕΞΛΠΣΤΥΩΨΦΆΌΊΉΎΈΏΐΪΫάέήίΰςϊϋόύώ◎☆○◇□△«»¿¡ªºæ
imaloony8.0 Posted: 22:09 May09 2010 Post ID: 2842639
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Right, sorry I missed this.

~Moved~

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
GoldenPili Posted: 04:37 May10 2010 Post ID: 2842664
GoldenPili
+
Its not even his <_<"

Butseriouslykeepyourreallyawkwardanimeparingstoyourself.

When the coroner cuts me open, I want the whole room to smell like potato wedges. - Gabriel Iglasias

Cheer's to Craizen for the awesome sig and avy.
CurryMonster Posted: 04:58 May10 2010 Post ID: 2842666
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
Well spotted, GoldenPili. I'm disappointed nobody spotted it sooner.

Thread closed due to plagiarism. OP, don't even think about doing this again, or I'll have you banned.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 503263

Post Top
Click to close