Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Iron Man 2 *may contain spoilers*

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Next
sphynxx Posted: 08:49 Apr30 2010 Post ID: 2838163
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Right, I thought I'd start up a thread for Iron Man 2. I've tried to type out my thoughts without including any spoilers, but I may have included 1 or 2 inadvertently so I do apologise. I'm fairly sure I haven't included any, but its better to be safer than sorry because I don't want to ruin the movie in any way for people Smile

I doubt I'll get much feedback through this thread, as New Zealand was amoung some of the first places in the world to get Iron Man 2 first. With it being released in America on Friday the 7th of May.

First off; I have to say that not many sequels are even close to the orinial. Star Wars episode 2 was worse than episode 1. The Candyman 2 - worse than the 1st. Blade 2 - worst than the 1st. 2 Fast 2 Furious was worse than The Fast n Furious. You get my drift now right?

There aren't many sequels that live up to the standard of the movies that have come before them, but Iron Man 2 definitly lives up to Iron Man, or at least to me, and 40 other people who saw it in the cinema when I did agree with me.

I was a little apprehensive with Terrance Howard not coming back to play Rhodes/War Machine in this movie, but Don Cheadle filled the role really well. I would have preferred Terrance in the role - but Don did do Rhodey justice.

Scarlett Johansson - What more can a guy say - Tight outfits, very well cheorographed fight sequences make this a very uhh, appealing role. Evil

RDJ - perfect. His timing is outstanding. The writers were fantastic, but if the actor those lines were for wasn't up to the job, they would have fallen flat, and RDJ has perfect comedic timing & this movie is a perfect example of it.

Mickey Rourke - I've never seen him in anything before - but what I've seen of him in Iron Man 2 has made me want to seek out his movies. He has a very good Russian Accent in this movie, plays the villian & nemesis to Tony Stark, Whiplash very well & he definitly has the passion for the role - It was stated in an interview that Mickey actually went to a Russian Prison to get a feel for what it was like for his character having been imprisoned

The story; It's great. It has (to me) the perfect amount of action, with just enough of an underlying dramatic feel to it to seperate itself from other "Summer Blockbusters." It goes beyond what I expected. I went in thinking it was going to be 2 hours of watching Iron Man fly around and blow **** up. It had elements of that, but underneath was a genuine story that was really well written & perfectly acted.

Having watched it, and reflecting now a little over 36 hours since I've seen it - I can't remember anything I disliked about the movie. I definitly don't remember having any problems right after seeing it.

As I said earlier; It's not often that a sequel will live up to expectations or the previous movie, but Iron Man 2 definitly does.

For those that are a little apprehensive about going to see this; don't be. Go & see it..

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
.Vain Posted: 01:16 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838595
.Vain
Post Likes: 0
+
Where's the tl;dr part with the short summary?

^ OMG it glows at 75 percent zoom ^

Lukie said:vain r kewl.
TestVirus101 Posted: 03:19 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838599
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
.Vain said:Where's the tl;dr part with the short summary?

Right here:

tl;dr: Epic movie.
sphynxx Posted: 06:00 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838626
sphynxx
+
Short summary;

Stuff goes boom, iron man wins in the end bad guys die.

Sure you've seen enough of these kinds of movies to know the formula Eh

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

super craig Posted: 06:46 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838638
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
I am looking forward to this film, I thought the first one was great, probably the best of the superhero films (well that I've seen at least), just hope this one lives up to its predecessor.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Jakethesnake14 Posted: 09:45 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838694
Jakethesnake14
The master of War
+
I watched the first Iron Man 43847289347291003427(x10 to the 12 power) times and its still awesome. I am so excited to see the second one.

Question, what is tl;dr?

Craizen for my sig and avy <3

super craig Posted: 10:35 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838723
super craig
+
Jakethesnake14 said:I watched the first Iron Man 43847289347291003427(x10 to the 12 power) times and its still awesome. I am so excited to see the second one.

Question, what is tl;dr?

I've seen it a fair few times, always good.

tl:dr = too long, didn't read or things to that effect.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Jakethesnake14 Posted: 11:32 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838750
Jakethesnake14
The master of War
+
super craig said:
Jakethesnake14 said:I watched the first Iron Man 43847289347291003427(x10 to the 12 power) times and its still awesome. I am so excited to see the second one.

Question, what is tl;dr?

I've seen it a fair few times, always good.

tl:dr = too long, didn't read or things to that effect.

Ok, thank you haha.

Yea, I am extremely excited about this new one that is coming out.

sphynxx Posted: 21:37 May01 2010 Post ID: 2839233
sphynxx
+
super craig said:I am looking forward to this film, I thought the first one was great, probably the best of the superhero films (well that I've seen at least), just hope this one lives up to its predecessor.

Craig, I'm in the same boat as you & Jake. I wiated 6 or 7 months for Iron Man 1 to come out on DVD - managed to buy myself a copy before it was released (thanks to my mate who worked at a video rental store) & I've seen it soo many times I can practically quote the entire movie.

As for Iron Man 2 living up to Number 1 - it does so easily. In some aspects; its better. It's not often that sequels manage to be as good, if not better. But to me, this one certainly does.

Jakethesnake14 Posted: 18:58 May02 2010 Post ID: 2839730
Jakethesnake14
The master of War
+
sphynxx said:
super craig said:I am looking forward to this film, I thought the first one was great, probably the best of the superhero films (well that I've seen at least), just hope this one lives up to its predecessor.

Craig, I'm in the same boat as you & Jake. I wiated 6 or 7 months for Iron Man 1 to come out on DVD - managed to buy myself a copy before it was released (thanks to my mate who worked at a video rental store) & I've seen it soo many times I can practically quote the entire movie.

As for Iron Man 2 living up to Number 1 - it does so easily. In some aspects; its better. It's not often that sequels manage to be as good, if not better. But to me, this one certainly does.

There is only and extreme few movies I liked the sequals as much as the original. I think the reason behind that is, it doesn't seem that good. Its like, some movies were meant to be one-hit wonders ya know. Like, I have seen so many sequals that were so bad, that I don't even to bother buying them anymore. Just afraid im gonna waste my money on something that is crap.

imaloony8.0 Posted: 11:30 May10 2010 Post ID: 2842724
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Iron Man 2 isn't as good as the first, but it certainly was a worthy sequel and a hell of a ride.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
K Dawg Posted: 13:56 May10 2010 Post ID: 2842743
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
It was a good movie Smile

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Sanzano Posted: 01:34 May11 2010 Post ID: 2843070
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Sequels never tend to be as good as the original, although there are a few exceptions like Aliens, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Godfather II, Superman II and Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Jakethesnake14 Posted: 05:26 May11 2010 Post ID: 2843089
Jakethesnake14
The master of War
+
Sanzano: The best sequel on your list (In my opinion) would have to be Terminator 2: Judgement Day. I watched that so many times and was astonished how good it was.

pwnthemonkeys Posted: 13:07 May11 2010 Post ID: 2843157
pwnthemonkeys
Village idiot
Post Likes: 5
+
Great movie, I thought that it was a bit too long, but then there wouldn't be that much time to see Tony stark destruction of self to be explored as much.

Also if you waited after the credit, omgomgomg Thor.
There was a sig here, it's gone now.
Sanzano Posted: 01:55 May12 2010 Post ID: 2843486
Sanzano
+
I personally prefered the first Terminator movie to the sequel. I thought the second movie was overated although there were a couple of good scenes.

sphynxx Posted: 03:10 May12 2010 Post ID: 2843497
sphynxx
+
Have to agree with you pwnthemonkeys.

I did think it was slightly too long, & because of the length I missed the after credits scenes because I was running late for a job byt 15 minutes & had a 30 minute drive before getting to the site Anxious I found the clip online so I'm all good lol i've seen the after credits scene now Smile

Sanzano Posted: 01:14 May13 2010 Post ID: 2843961
Sanzano
+
So I take it the Thor movie has been made? I thought it was still in the development stages. Did they give a release date at the end of the preview?

sphynxx Posted: 00:33 May14 2010 Post ID: 2844305
sphynxx
+
I'm thinking that they made a scene or two to use as a part of the Iron man 2 movie - Not the entire Iron Man 3 movie.

The IMDb page for Iron Man 3 has it in development. So going by that, I think my assumption of them shooting a teaser scene whilst filming IM2 is the most likely. Not that they have filmed a lot of IM3 & tacked on a teaser scene at the end of IM2

Sanzano Posted: 01:36 May14 2010 Post ID: 2844313
Sanzano
+
I thought Marvel were still trying to decide who to cast as Thor. I remember one of the front runners was TripleX the wrestler.

Displaying Page 1 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 445437

Post Top
Click to close