Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Ugly font, makes me want to rip my eyes out.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Cross Stinger Posted: 23:23 May05 2010 Post ID: 2841074
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
It's Trebuchet MS. I kind of preferred Arial, to be honest....
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u Posted: 03:22 May06 2010 Post ID: 2841084
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u
Post Likes: 0
+
I'm a Ravie fan myself.

Pity it's no longer included in anything...
Support Capitalism; buy more **** you don't need.
yossy666 Posted: 06:15 May06 2010 Post ID: 2841112
yossy666
+
I'm posting in this thread because it was made by ggb.

Also, font looks oki to me.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
CurryMonster Posted: 06:56 May06 2010 Post ID: 2841123
CurryMonster
A Professional with Standard
+
gogobananas said:I see you haven't changed.

I don't understand why people keep thinking I might have.

The Undying Night Book 1: Fiendlord. GET IT HERE.
mr.619 Posted: 19:40 May06 2010 Post ID: 2841298
mr.619
Wisco
Post Likes: 5
+
I thought there was a way on firefox how to change default fonts on websites?
gogobananas Posted: 01:44 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841373
gogobananas
+
CurryMonster said:

Quite. Thought perhaps after all these years you'd be more than a Dave-esque troll.
@Cross Stinger: Yes, Arial is superior.

« Last edited by gogobananas on May 7th 2010 »
CurryMonster Posted: 04:23 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841391
CurryMonster
+
gogobananas said:
CurryMonster said:

Quite. Thought perhaps after all these years you'd be more than a Dave-esque troll.

That was uncalled for and I find it greatly offensive. I'd been doing this for years before Dave joined. If anything, he was a Curry-esque troll.

superblobby Posted: 05:52 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841396
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
gogobananas said:
I'm here to bring back the fun of '06.

Good luck with that.
England; time setters for the entire world.
Volke Posted: 07:25 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841403
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
gogobananas said:
CurryMonster said:

You're really full of it, aren't you? Stop acting like you're some sort of legend, because you're not. Simple as. Also, your post is also flaming. CurryMonster found it offensive, and it certainly seems so to me, so quit it.
yossy666 Posted: 07:49 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841404
yossy666
+
Volke said:
gogobananas said:
CurryMonster said:

You're really full of it, aren't you? Stop acting like you're some sort of legend, because you're not. Simple as. Also, your post is also flaming. CurryMonster found it offensive, and it certainly seems so to me, so quit it.

=/ But I think gogo is a legend.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
gogobananas Posted: 08:23 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841407
gogobananas
+
Volke said:You're really full of it, aren't you? Stop acting like you're some sort of legend, because you're not. Simple as. Also, your post is also flaming. CurryMonster found it offensive, and it certainly seems so to me, so quit it.

Not sure who you are, but OK. Unless you're blind, which I doubt as you seem to have the capacity to post, you would be able to detect the blatant sarcasm in every post Cez has ever made. Not sure what I did to annoy you to such an extent, considering I don't know you and as far as I know have never said anything derogatory in regards to you. All I want is love, and all you're offering is hate :(
CurryMonster Posted: 08:35 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841411
CurryMonster
+
You don't have to make it personal to make someone dislike you. You just have to falsely accuse their respected colleagues of being malevolent, power-abusing internet tough guys based on no evidence other than the fact that four years ago they were known for making a few sarcastic remarks here and there. Consider this your first formal warning for flaming a Super Moderator. I'm honestly not sure how many of these you get before I can ban you, but I don't think it's very many. If you had any intention in returning other than picking fights with the staff, I suggest you stop arguing and adhere to that.

gogobananas Posted: 08:42 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841412
gogobananas
+
I no longer have any intentions on returning, so don't worry yourself about that. I forgot why I left, now it's coming back to me. Over-policed forums where the average age is about 14-15 just aren't that great to post anymore. Thought it might of changed, apparently not. Have fun boosting each others egos and such.

Peace.
Volke Posted: 11:11 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841456
Volke
Executioner
+
gogobananas said:
Volke said:You're really full of it, aren't you? Stop acting like you're some sort of legend, because you're not. Simple as. Also, your post is also flaming. CurryMonster found it offensive, and it certainly seems so to me, so quit it.

Not sure who you are, but OK. Unless you're blind, which I doubt as you seem to have the capacity to post, you would be able to detect the blatant sarcasm in every post Cez has ever made. Not sure what I did to annoy you to such an extent, considering I don't know you and as far as I know have never said anything derogatory in regards to you. All I want is love, and all you're offering is hate :(

I enjoy reading CurryMonster's posts. I find that he's a very original member, and his remarks are often highly amusing.

I didn't think I'd ever heard of you when you announced your return, but I did a little background check because I vaguely remembered someone with 'bananas' in their name, so I did a quick background check and it appears we had met for a very short period of time around the point where I joined, which was soon before you left.

Never said I disliked you. I dislike the fact that you decided to flame CurryMonster for being who he is (someone who adds a little character to the forums), and that you seem to give the impression that you're some sort of legend, and whether some of the oldies consider you to be one or not isn't my problem, as it was something I would have simply ignored had you not flamed Curry.

Flaming upper staff members is a rule we're not going to alter or loosen up on when the site is overhauled (which should happen at the end of the month). We all agree that the rules are overall too harsh and strict, and changes will be made very soon, but you cannot and will not get away with flaming upper staff members. If you have a problem with upper staff members, just bring it to Rich's attention (e-mail, preferably) in a civil manner. It's just how we roll.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 11:52 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841459
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
The font for this place isn't that bad... it's actually a lot better than what Rich has tried in the past (Reference to the quoting system change).

Volke, flame is flame, regardless of rank. Flame directed towards an Smod is no worse than flame directed towards a Member. I don't see why you must make it appear as if flaming someone of a high rank is so much worse than one of a lower. Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you. Member, bad. Curry, much love. <3
neptis Posted: 12:12 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841473
neptis
retired Moderator
Post Likes: 13
+
gogobananas said:I no longer have any intentions on returning, so don't worry yourself about that. I forgot why I left, now it's coming back to me. Over-policed forums where the average age is about 14-15 just aren't that great to post anymore. Thought it might of changed, apparently not. Have fun boosting each others egos and such.

Peace.

hay hay lucas calm down a bit please. were not all . overbaring . nor do we all over police this forum . in some areas it . but only becouse it is needed. in utherareas it is not nerly policed enuf.. and shure we now ahve allot of inexperanced mods. but that will change if thay stick at the job . and become good moderators.

i was aculy looking forwerd to you posting more. but it seems as usual you have the same low opinion of all of us. when infact you should not make that opinion aply to evry singel member and moderator.

thair is very fue of the 05/06 members like us left. and wee need them back.

also not to flame you curry. as this is not flame just bald fact

you can apper power mad and power abusing. at times. and i dont think lucas . has seen every singel post of yours. he has only seen the ones that interst him. and is basing his o[pinions on them alone.

i am now severly disapointed . in a magority of you . for not relly giving lucas a chance at returning agen . wee need the old members back . now more than ever

think what you lot like about this post. and reply in honesty. but this is what i think

60 percent of the mods hear now seem to want the positions for the power it gives them. and the uther 40 took them becouse thay want the site to do well.
Sir Bel-te Amethyst Knight of Welcomes
forum status: retired Moderator
forum: new member welcome forum (2005-2010)(corect me if i got second date wrong)
my coment: i was THE New members welcome forum mod (my opinion :P )
Volke Posted: 13:28 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841496
Volke
Executioner
+
Forgoten_Scars said: Volke, flame is flame, regardless of rank. Flame directed towards an Smod is no worse than flame directed towards a Member.

It all depends on how you look at it. If it's a new member, or a member who doesn't really know much about websites etc, we cut them a little slack and inform them before giving warning counts, because they aren't completely aware of how things run. However, if an experienced member, or a member who at least knows his business in regards to the rules and such (and Mr. Bananas seems to be both), flames a staff member, it is considered a direct offence to the staff of SuperCheats and how we run things, and therefore they are openly defying us in an intolerable manner. If someone like this flames a member, we warn them, albeit more harshly or threateningly than we would to a new member who doesn't quite get the ways things run.

I don't need to be lectured, although I understand you're only voicing your opinion and I have no problem with it Smile

neptis said:i am now severly disapointed . in a magority of you . for not relly giving lucas a chance at returning agen . wee need the old members back . now more than ever

We're happy to give him the chance. However, his flaming of CurryMonster was both unwarranted and unnecessary.

Also, why do we need the old members to return? I don't understand what the huge fuss about this 05/06 era is about. I've looked at numerous old threads, and it just seems like there was more freedom due to there being fewer General Boards (and thus, because of this, rules would have been more difficult to enforce). I joined in January 2007, which is barely out of 2006 (unless the forums magically changed for the worse on New Years Day), and I don't think there was anything particularly special about the time other than the fact that the Pokemon boards were more fun to hang around.

« Last edited by Volke on May 7th 2010 »
Repner Posted: 14:15 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841507
Repner
+
neptis said:hay hay lucas calm down a bit please. were not all . overbaring . nor do we all over police this forum . in some areas it . but only becouse it is needed

You've got to be joking. I've been on many sites. None of them are as "strictly to the overwritten code" as this place. That's why I'm not a full contributor anymore at all.

Also, I'm sick of the people who, because they have a level of authority, think they can talk down to people any time they want. Nice way to welcome new members when they're treated like second-class that get stepped on all the time
CurryMonster Posted: 14:59 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841512
CurryMonster
+
All I'll say on the subject is that I never chased off anyone who didn't deserve it. And now it's about time we stopped this discussion and got back to the topic of why our font is horrible and will give us all cancer of the eyes.

Symbol de Au Posted: 21:42 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841669
Symbol de Au
+
v-gamer said:Haven't you heard? Then again, you've been gone for several years.

Well, apparently, uninteresting and bland topics are considered the "in" nowadays.

Also, welcome back, I think?

*Tch* Supercheats and its stupid fads...Doh

§|∞±×←→↑↓™©®♭♪$¢€£¥λζŸαβγδεηθιξνμοπρστυφχψωΓΔΕΞΛΠΣΤΥΩΨΦΆΌΊΉΎΈΏΐΪΫάέήίΰςϊϋόύώ◎☆○◇□△«»¿¡ªºæ
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close