Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Prince of Persia

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Cataclysm Posted: 07:42 May31 2010 Post ID: 2850655
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
The wall running isn't something exactly focused on. Acrobatics are present, and I only mentioned the wall running because I remember it appearing at least once, very briefly.

The acrobatics are not only present in fight scenes, which was one aspect of the film that I enjoyed. The building scaling and inventive stunts are abundant. Unfortunately, the time powers are not delved into as much as I would have liked. In fact, it this movie it's only the one time power.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
super craig Posted: 10:08 May31 2010 Post ID: 2850675
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
Cataclysm said:The wall running isn't something exactly focused on. Acrobatics are present, and I only mentioned the wall running because I remember it appearing at least once, very briefly.

The acrobatics are not only present in fight scenes, which was one aspect of the film that I enjoyed. The building scaling and inventive stunts are abundant. Unfortunately, the time powers are not delved into as much as I would have liked. In fact, it this movie it's only the one time power.

Knew it was too good to be true. Whats the one time power in the movie?
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Cataclysm Posted: 10:09 May31 2010 Post ID: 2850676
Cataclysm
+
The dagger let's whoever wields it return one minute into the past, whereas in the games time could be slowed down or even used as a weapon.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

MenaceSG Posted: 14:22 May31 2010 Post ID: 2850753
MenaceSG
Post Likes: 3
+
Hmm I kinda liked the aspect of how it could only reverse time. I think if they bring out another movie for it, they should introduce the slowing down time effect

Does anyone else think that the reversing of time was one of the coolest aspects of the movie?

"I gotcha baby girl.."
snakespec Posted: 06:19 Jun04 2010 Post ID: 2851794
snakespec
Post Likes: 5
+
Adding in the dark Prince in the sequel would be epic.
TheLlama said:
If you have to refer to a book to learn whats right and wrong your parents have done an amazingly poor job of raising you and should be given a medal in the form of a bullet to the head.
Vasco Posted: 13:27 Jun06 2010 Post ID: 2852381
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Eh, average movie, only worth watching due to the action scenes. Truly reminded me of Scorpion King, as it follow the same basic formula.

Cataclysm's review was close to perfect, from my view. The only thing he left out and I feel it's worth mentioning is the wardrobe, since (on the movie) the Prince is seen using the clothes he used on the second game (Warrior Within). I do believe the wardrobe is one of the main points of the characterization, since, in the games, the outfits worn by the Prince reflect his current state of mind. In this case, he should have used white, representing his "innocence". Though, to be fair, the movie itself does not portray him as the innocent Prince he was on the first game of the Trilogy.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
sphynxx Posted: 23:24 Jun07 2010 Post ID: 2852979
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Now, before I say anything, I'd been awake for 50+ hours before going to see this, so I guess my opinion probably wont count for much.

But this movie was kind of like Transformers 2 - only worse.

Huge hype. Big coverage. Pretty solid reviews from a multitude of sources, only for it to reach public theatres & suck.

And that's putting it mildly.

There was nothing really interesting about the story, the acting. The only thing interesting was the fight scene between the black guy & the knifey thrower guy Eh

Oh, and the eye candy in the form of the lead actress.

Jake Gyllenhaal or whatever his name is wasn't convincing as the lead. Sure, my thoughts on the character can only be taken with a grain of salt as I haven't played the game, but his acting didn't (to me at least) fit with the movie. It just didn't sit well with me.

The acrobats, whilst awesome, most seemed uncessary.

Maybe this movie will grow on me when I watch it a second, like Transformers 2 has, but I strongly doubt it.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Sanzano Posted: 10:02 Jun09 2010 Post ID: 2853514
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I think I'll give Prince of Persia a miss but I'll definately go and Clash of Titans.

K Dawg Posted: 10:08 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855809
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
Seen it the other day, I enjoyed it Smile

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Sanzano Posted: 03:04 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857778
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I think the 'eye candy' actress you're referring to is Gemma Arterton and she is currently filming Transformers 3 which I think means Megan Fox won't be in it.

sphynxx Posted: 05:46 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857805
sphynxx
+
Sanzano said:I think the 'eye candy' actress you're referring to is Gemma Arterton and she is currently filming Transformers 3 which I think means Megan Fox won't be in it.

EDIT;

Scratch my last comment. Just checked IMDb, and the Transformers 3 page, and sorry Sanzano; but Gemma Arterton isn't listed.

I checked her own IMDb page, and the only thing that she's currently listed in is a movie where she's lead actress that's in post production & there is no mention of Transformers 3 on her page at all.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Jun 19th 2010 »

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

spyro madgirl Posted: 09:22 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867437
spyro madgirl
Post Likes: 0
+
I saw this film today. I enjoyed it, and not just because I want to do everything humanly possible to Jake Gyllenhaal.
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
sphynxx Posted: 23:44 Jul11 2010 Post ID: 2867782
sphynxx
+
spyro madgirl said:not just because I want to do everything humanly possible to Jake Gyllenhaal.

too many informationz Evil

you're probably the only one on this site to think that way lol

spyro madgirl Posted: 05:37 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2867848
spyro madgirl
+
sphynxx said:
spyro madgirl said:not just because I want to do everything humanly possible to Jake Gyllenhaal.

too many informationz Evil

you're probably the only one on this site to think that way lol

Drool

You say that like I'm out of my mind to think it! XD To be honest there aren't even that many girls on this site... or gay men.
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
sphynxx Posted: 06:12 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2867851
sphynxx
+
haha I've never once heard a chick say they find him attractive, every chick I know always makes fun of his face Eh Aparently they seem to think it looks as if someone dropped an anvil on his face.

spyro madgirl Posted: 06:52 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2867853
spyro madgirl
+
sphynxx said:haha I've never once heard a chick say they find him attractive, every chick I know always makes fun of his face Eh Aparently they seem to think it looks as if someone dropped an anvil on his face.

Anxious Haw dare they! They're going down! XD

Each to their own, I guess ;)
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
sphynxx Posted: 20:11 Jul12 2010 Post ID: 2868156
sphynxx
+
haha, "They're going down"

good choice of words given the current conversation Evil

Cataclysm Posted: 07:28 Jul13 2010 Post ID: 2868333
Cataclysm
+
"Domestically, on June 27, 2010, its 31st day of release, it surpassed Pokémon: The First Movie to become the second highest-grossing video game adaptation, still behind Lara Croft: Tomb Raider."

"On Rotten Tomatoes Prince of Persia is the highest rated live-action movie based on a video game and it's currently sitting at 2, behind only the animated Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within."

Though there have been no talks of a sequel, these sort of comments usually mean that someone will be willing to make a little more easy cash from the franchise.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

spyro madgirl Posted: 09:26 Jul13 2010 Post ID: 2868365
spyro madgirl
+
sphynxx said:haha, "They're going down"

good choice of words given the current conversation Evil

Oh lord XD I'm going to stop talking now before I say something that gets me banned... XD
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
FireDragons Posted: 11:48 Jul13 2010 Post ID: 2868484
FireDragons
+
Went to see it last week, but it was sold out -.-. Going tomorow with some mates for second time lucky. Film any good?
Stumbed across this old site xD
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close