Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I hate the Intervention

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
X SOLiiD F1SH X Posted at: 21:56 Jun05 2010 Post ID: 2852266
X SOLiiD F1SH X
Post Likes: 0
+
+
A sniper is supposed to be a shooter in the backround picking of people from far distances, but I find myself meeting face to face to them nearly everygame doing some kind of no-scope, quick-scope, 360 et cetera. It is annoying. Snipers are now turning their long distanced gun into a close ranged machine. It is becoming unbalanced. How would they like it if I grabbed a sub machine gun, jumped off a roof and did a 360 and killed them in one shot and then act as though 85 of snipers can't do that? the snipers need to be patched like the 1887s.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 05:00 Jun06 2010 Post ID: 2852303
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
How would you patch the snipers hmm?Make them weaker?then you need to get headshots to certain kill them.make it so they cant be used at close range?impossible.No i cant see a way to patch snipers.

Also No-Scoping,Quick-Scoping,360 spin kills etc are legal.If a sniper wants to be like that let him be.I quick scope and no scope and nobody complains about me.I get quickscoped and i dont chuck a tantrum.

Man just deal wiht it.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

stormform Posted at: 17:51 Jun06 2010 Post ID: 2852454
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
X SOLiiD F1SH X said:A sniper is supposed to be a shooter in the backround picking of people from far distances, but I find myself meeting face to face to them nearly everygame doing some kind of no-scope, quick-scope, 360 et cetera. It is annoying. Snipers are now turning their long distanced gun into a close ranged machine. It is becoming unbalanced. How would they like it if I grabbed a sub machine gun, jumped off a roof and did a 360 and killed them in one shot and then act as though 85 of snipers can't do that? the snipers need to be patched like the 1887s.
its a game. You can do stuff that you can't do in real life. Thats what makes a game, a game

X SOLiiD F1SH X Posted at: 18:36 Jun06 2010 Post ID: 2852484
X SOLiiD F1SH X
+
+
OK I'm not saying I have temper tantrums I just HATE being quick scoped! I mean really! How would snipers like it if all of a sudden I could shoot a UMP45 and get a kill from 300 ft away? They would be PO'd because long-ranged is the sniper rifle's field of play. Well, close combat is sub machine guns and assault rifle's field of play, and they don't like the snipers coming in and trying to be bad "butt" (You know what word I mean.) because they can spin in a circle and fire a 1 hit KO. Whoop de do. Intervention and Barret are unbalanced, but yet if Infinity Ward patched them, they would lose a large population of players online. > sigh <
stormform Posted at: 00:59 Jun07 2010 Post ID: 2852569
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
i understand your point. I dont like getting quick scoped either but if they want to play the game that way let them play it. I just flank 'em and kill them with a ump

« Last edited by stormform on Jun 7th 2010 »

qwertyuio Posted at: 02:02 Jun07 2010 Post ID: 2852573
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
X SOLiiD F1SH X: Please don't double post, one post deleted.

I know how you feel, but like what others have already said, there is really no way to 'patch' this. It's just how it's gonna be. I know it's freaking ridiculous and I'm no supporter, but statistically you're still much better with sub machine gun at class range then you are a sniper, no matter how good the person is at quick-scoping.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
X SOLiiD F1SH X Posted at: 19:36 Jun07 2010 Post ID: 2852910
X SOLiiD F1SH X
+
+
Yeah and I know if they patched the Intervention than half the population would quit playing it. I think I just get annoyed how stupid I look in the Game Winning Kill Cam when I get totally raped.
Jirachi X Posted at: 19:45 Jun07 2010 Post ID: 2852913
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
The only time I feel stupid in the killcam is when they've been tea bagging behind me and it ends up being the game winner.

Really, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
I'm gone - bye
sphynxx Posted at: 23:10 Jun07 2010 Post ID: 2852974
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Ok, so your complaining that a guy using an Intervention - a bolt action rifle, has the skill (or in some cases - just pure luck) to kill you in close quarters?

Seriously, stop moaning dude, there's a lot more about this game to complain about.

Case in point; AA12 & Spas-12 range.

People being able to 'jump' past claymore blasts, or if they're using Marathon+Lightweight; run away from it - even though they're running in the same direction as the blast.

I've been doing almost nothing but quick scoping & such with both the Intervention and Barrett, and I often went 20+ kills 4 or less deaths. Yet no-one complained. I was getting a lot of praise through the pre-game lobby by both my team mates from the previous game and opponents for having the balls to close quarters battle with people using the Intervention, or when I run out of ammo, my akimbo G18s. I received 22 friend requests from people wanting to party up with me because of how well I was doing.

And I'm not even that good at quickscoping. And I often would line up people from far away (your 'traditional' snipers 'role') and despite them being perfectly aligned in my crosshairs - I would apparently miss, or get a hit marker when i'm using Stopping Power and FMJ (I know fmj doesn't boost power lol) and then the target would turn around & either kill me right after I shot, or later on (I remember peoples user IDs so I know who kills me most during a game) and the person I'd get a hitmarker on, or apparently miss would kill me 1 shot with a shot to the elbow, or leg, with a silenced M21EBR or WA2000 with Hardline.

Point is; there's always going to be something to complain about in this game; it's incredibly comepetitive. Basically you have a couple of options.

Option 1; Carry on whinging & moaning & nothing will change.
Option 2; Change your style of play & study your opponents & figure out where their weaknesses lay. Then exploit them.
Option 3; Start a clan - & work together. I've been undone on a fairly regular basis when I've been quickscoping & such by a people in clans that travel in 2s or 3s (not all bunched up though) so when I've taken down 1 of them, the other's near them to take me down. It's an effective strategy.
Option 4; Quit playing the game & play something else.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Jun 7th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Son1cBo0m Posted at: 15:28 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853217
Son1cBo0m
Forum GuestMember
+
+
sphynxx said:Ok, so your complaining that a guy using an Intervention - a bolt action rifle, has the skill (or in some cases - just pure luck) to kill you in close quarters?

Seriously, stop moaning dude, there's a lot more about this game to complain about.

Case in point; AA12 & Spas-12 range.

People being able to 'jump' past claymore blasts, or if they're using Marathon+Lightweight; run away from it - even though they're running in the same direction as the blast.

I've been doing almost nothing but quick scoping & such with both the Intervention and Barrett, and I often went 20+ kills 4 or less deaths. Yet no-one complained. I was getting a lot of praise through the pre-game lobby by both my team mates from the previous game and opponents for having the balls to close quarters battle with people
using the Intervention, or when I run out of ammo, my akimbo G18s. I received 22 friend requests from people wanting to party up with me because of how well I was doing.

And I'm not even that good at quickscoping. And I often would line up people from far away (your 'traditional' snipers 'role') and despite them being perfectly aligned in my crosshairs - I would apparently miss, or get a hit marker when i'm using Stopping Power and FMJ (I know fmj doesn't boost power lol) and then the target would turn around & either kill me right after I shot, or later on (I remember peoples user IDs so I know who kills me most during a game) and the person I'd get a hitmarker on, or apparently miss would kill me 1 shot with a shot to the elbow, or leg, with a silenced M21EBR or WA2000 with Hardline.

Point is; there's always going to be something to complain about in this game; it's incredibly comepetitive. Basically you have a couple of options.

Option 1; Carry on whinging & moaning & nothing will change.
Option 2; Change your style of play & study your opponents & figure out where their weaknesses lay. Then exploit them.
Option 3; Start a clan - & work together. I've been undone on a fairly regular basis when I've been quickscoping & such by a people in clans that travel in 2s or 3s (not all bunched up though) so when I've taken down 1 of them, the other's near them to take me down. It's an effective strategy.
Option 4; Quit playing the game & play something else.

Okay if you would've read what he saud he mentioned He does not have temper tantrums. You obviously did not care to pay attention to that and went and ranted and raved about Solid fish being a moaner and then your own problems with a stupid WA2000 or M21EBR.
Son1cBo0m Posted at: 17:00 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853258
Son1cBo0m
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Btw Sphynxx, I really don't care if someone jumps your claymore. I happen to use Marathon and Lightweight.
sphynxx Posted at: 23:44 Jun08 2010 Post ID: 2853401
sphynxx
+
+
Lmao I love how people try to get around bannings & end up getting banned again Applause

I never once mentioned him having temper tantrums haha All I mentioned was that there are more annoying things in the game than someone using an intervention/barrett in close range. I listed a few of things I personally find more annoying lol Eh

Question; Is there any point in this thread remaining open? Given that most of us here have already discussed the Intervention etc a lot in the "Intervention Vs Barrett" or similarly named thread..

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Jirachi X Posted at: 00:25 Jun09 2010 Post ID: 2853411
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
No point, we have that thread as you said and the OP is dead...
I'm gone - bye
Oh Joy Desctruction Posted at: 07:02 Jun09 2010 Post ID: 2853447
Oh Joy Desctruction
+
+
How'd thy get banned? :P

Interventionz Rulez.
[center]

3versykez Posted at: 20:16 Jun09 2010 Post ID: 2853854
3versykez
+
+
Oh Joy Desctruction said:Interventionz Rulez.

+1 to you.
[center][size=8]|[color=silver]Sig by Craizen|Avy by PBO|[/size][/center]
sphynxx Posted at: 21:22 Jun09 2010 Post ID: 2853885
sphynxx
+
+
Oh Joy Desctruction said:How'd thy get banned? :P

Interventionz Rulez.

Qwert banned the account because he OP stated he is only 12 years old - COPPA (I think) law states only persons 13 & over can post on sites such as this etc. So that was the reason for the first ban. Qwert was going to get an Admin to administer a longer ban due to the age. Then OP went and created a second account and made the monumentally stupid move of not only creating an account name similar to their previous, but also to call attention to the previous banning by making a thread here laughing at how Qwert responding to the thread, and then realised the OP mentioned he was 12 after the fact lol

So that account got banned, and has an IP ban as well Smile

As for Interventionz Rulez I don't disagree with you, although for some reason after I had worked up a few hundred kills with it, it stopped being effective lol I would get nothing but hit markers during my games, and all my kills came from my Akimbo G18s, so I switched to the Barrett, then after a few hundred kills, its gone & done the same thing Eh

« Last edited by sphynxx on Jun 9th 2010 »

pokemonrox Posted at: 15:15 Jun11 2010 Post ID: 2854537
pokemonrox
+
+
Intervention Rulez!LOLApplause
h3llrulz Posted at: 05:18 Jun15 2010 Post ID: 2856558
h3llrulz
+
+
first post in 10000 years in this forum,

whats wrong with shooting people with an assault rifle 300ft away?

Wont be very active
K Dawg Posted at: 06:50 Jun15 2010 Post ID: 2856569
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
X SOLiiD F1SH X said:A sniper is supposed to be a shooter in the backround picking of people from far distances, but I find myself meeting face to face to them nearly everygame doing some kind of no-scope, quick-scope, 360 et cetera. It is annoying. Snipers are now turning their long distanced gun into a close ranged machine. It is becoming unbalanced. How would they like it if I grabbed a sub machine gun, jumped off a roof and did a 360 and killed them in one shot and then act as though 85 of snipers can't do that? the snipers need to be patched like the 1887s.

Everyone is leet, and need to make there montages. I have no problem with people quick scoping though, because in all honesty quick scoping was made to easy in this game.

« Last edited by K Dawg on Jun 15th 2010 »

^ Credit goes to ozzo
zeldafan11 Posted at: 05:17 Jun16 2010 Post ID: 2856971
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
+
h3llrulz said:first post in 10000 years in this forum,

whats wrong with shooting people with an assault rifle 300ft away?

Most people complain "It's not realistic!" it's a good thing I don't play for realism, but they could at least be fair. >.<

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close