Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Old members of SC.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 46 of 46
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 44 | 45 | Last     Previous
JeremyH Posted: 02:29 Feb17 2023 Post ID: 3458943
JeremyH
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
I was probably here before any of yall lol. I was a member here back in 1999 early 2000s before Supercheats and PSXGamer merged the forums into Gaming Update. Such a long time ago and a lot of good memories
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:28 Feb17 2023 Post ID: 3458944
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
You win lol
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 11:13 Feb21 2023 Post ID: 3458961
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
sphynxx said:DEREL! How ya doing buddeh!

Hard to say. Overwhelmed? At the same time, not whelmed enough? I dunno, I constantly have a million things on my plate, but I always feel like it's not enough.

Right now I'm a manager for one of the largest companies in the world, trying to transition some of their technology to newer standards. They've been using a bunch of scattered programs running on Windows 95, built in Visual Basic. It's a mess and costing the company millions. I'm trying to make something akin to Google Maps for their factories. However much you pinch and zoom, you get details down to individual electric motors within machines.

I compromised a lot. I sold 7 years of my life to be a millionaire. I haven't taken a walk in the park or seen the world since my early 20s. I learned more than I ever thought I would. I found the woman of my dreams, but never figured out how to keep her out of my spare change drawer.

I guess I feel accomplished, but tired. I'm hoping for a long nap one day. I hope you're doing well too, my favorite mythical buttmunch.
Warrior13 Posted: 13:37 Feb21 2023 Post ID: 3458962
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Rest now, Pollo.

lol

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Feb 21st 2023 »
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:02 Feb21 2023 Post ID: 3458963
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Forgoten_Scars said:
Right now I'm a manager for one of the largest companies in the world, trying to transition some of their technology to newer standards. They've been using a bunch of scattered programs running on Windows 95, built in Visual Basic. It's a mess and costing the company millions.

Man, currently dealing with this in healthcare. We just migrated fully to Azure and one of our sub companies is using a completely divorced setup, all proprietary software coded in Visual Basic to handle millions of dollars worth of insurance transactions, with hundreds of gigabytes of uploaded medical docs that need to be scanned in using a specific model USB scanner (discontinued) to a specific file path on a certain file server (running Server 2003) with a certain filename. Best thing is the guy who built it all on his own died suddenly last month and zero documentation exists. So we have to pay his ex business partner hundreds of dollars an hour when it breaks.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 02:39 Mar03 2023 Post ID: 3459002
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Incidentally, that exact thing is what's giving me so much of a headache right now. The company currently uses General Electric software to run things, and it is garbage. Half of the upper management wants to keep using it just to avoid proprietary issues 20 years down the line, and the other half is fed up with how badly things run.

Half the company is trying to push me into meetings to really get the ball rolling, and the other half is trying to keep me out of meetings. I feel like I'm in the most obscure echo chamber ever. It feels almost exactly like I'm caught up in a 2009 SC squabble, and I'm just like, "Man I don't want anything to do with this bureaucratic nonsense. If you need me, I'll be out back smoking with the hoodlums."

I guess some things never change, aside from my willingness to participate in the drama. At the moment my software is relegated to handing obscure side tasks like biweekly cleaning schedules of equipment and maintenance requests, at least until these old people make up their mind.

« Last edited by Forgoten_Scars on Mar 19th 2023 »
Team SuperCheats Posted: 02:27 Mar04 2023 Post ID: 3459007
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Nice to read some of your stories guys, and read how you are all doing now! It's been so long. This site is now 24 years old...
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
InvertAlpha Posted: 14:55 Apr07 2023 Post ID: 3459254
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
Team SuperCheats said:Nice to read some of your stories guys, and read how you are all doing now! It's been so long. This site is now 24 years old...

Yeah even some of us are finding new things to do, which has surprisingly helped my mental after the last few years. Is it related to the artwork change? Perhaps.

It's a trip to remember how much fun I had here.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Pete The GTA Genius Posted: 18:19 Aug14 2023 Post ID: 3459617
Pete The GTA Genius
+
Being an adult is lame, boo stinky adulthood, take me back.
It was fun to pretend, wasn't it Ozzo?

Iggy made meh^

Warrior13 Posted: 14:28 Aug17 2023 Post ID: 3459625
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Pete The GTA Genius said:Being an adult is lame, boo stinky adulthood, take me back.

Agreed.
darkboarder_77 Posted: 08:21 Aug27 2023 Post ID: 3459648
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
I'm back for the briefest of minutes. Hi. I've been a member here 19 f*cking years, boyos.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

darkboarder_77 Posted: 08:28 Aug27 2023 Post ID: 3459649
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
Xeta said:I can't think of any way a website like this could be revived in current day. Too much has changed. How many forums are still popular? The only ones I can think of are music related with mostly older people posting on them. I think for things like this, they were an incredible piece of web culture but there is no going back to what was. The internet is a few massive websites now, no one is coming to a gaming forum when you can just go on Discord or Reddit.

GameFAQs seems to still be a thing.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Team SuperCheats Posted: 14:54 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459871
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Yes nice the likes of GameFAQs is still busy. Wish we were able to keep our community still busy like we had it before.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:31 Sep27 2023 Post ID: 3459875
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Yeah, me too. This place never reached the heights of GameFAQS or IGN boards but we had fun here. Worth pointing out that Gamefaqs is owned by Fandom who own all the wikis and is part of the network with Gamespot and Giantbomb and Metacritic. Lot of pageviews driving traffic there.
.Impact Posted: 16:39 Oct19 2023 Post ID: 3460202
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
Yeah I remember being a member of the GameFAQS and IGN forums as well, and tbh I just liked the community here better.

Displaying Page 46 of 46
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 44 | 45 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close