Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Quick Scopes: Class and Why You SHOULDN'T use FMJ

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
1122andyozz33 Posted at: 21:55 Jun19 2010 Post ID: 2858562
1122andyozz33
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Class:
Intervention-No attachment/Extended Mags
Any secondry

Sleight of Hand Pro(To aim quicker)
Stopping Power Pro(To do more Damage)
Anything Else

Why you SHOULDN'T use FMJ:
Not many people know this but, FMJ is Strictly for killing people through walls and stuffz. It only gives "Deeper Penetration" (Mind you) This means, you are better off using the Intervention with NO attachment or the Extended Mags. Just thought you guys should know. If you are tired of Quick Scoping with FMJ and only getting Hit Markers, take the FMJ off and you will be more satisfied.

« Last edited by 1122andyozz33 on Jun 21st 2010 »
1122andYOZZ33

Gamertag: i2BaD McMiTcH

PSN:yozz33

Join My Cod Team Today!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted at: 03:10 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2858999
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Meh.

I don't really soley quick scope in a match. Quick scoping is a part of my game plan, but it isn't all what I do. I am trying for Mastery and I need extended mags to unlock that. Given I'm 2 penetration kills away from mastery on the Barrett, and 5 away on the Intervention, I wont be taking FMJ off until I've done that.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
stormform Posted at: 03:59 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859009
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
Sphynxx:
try getting to a game in highrise and fire trough the windows. I got extended mags in two games for barret.
as for
1122andyozz33 said:This means, you are better off using the Intervention with NO attachment.

I disagree, I think you are better off using extended mags than no attachments. Just my opinion tough.

1122andyozz33 Posted at: 04:22 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859011
1122andyozz33
Post Likes: 0
+
+
stormform said:Sphynxx:
try getting to a game in highrise and fire trough the windows. I got extended mags in two games for barret.
as for
1122andyozz33 said:This means, you are better off using the Intervention with NO attachment.

I disagree, I think you are better off using extended mags than no attachments. Just my opinion tough.

My bad, I kinda forgot about the Extended MagsSmile
You're right.
1122andYOZZ33

Gamertag: i2BaD McMiTcH

PSN:yozz33

Join My Cod Team Today!
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 07:18 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859026
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
What disadvantages does FMJ give?
Cause if none, then why not have it on?
Now known as
stormform Posted at: 13:37 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859178
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
It doesn't give any disadvantages. Unless you count the bullet animation "splitting" as a disadvantage. It doesn't matter if you're quick scoping tough.
As for having it on: most people use it because they think adds damage
i used it only to get extended mags

« Last edited by stormform on Jun 21st 2010 »

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 17:52 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859314
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Well, if they have no disadvantages, then why not just slap it on instead of having nothing on?
Now known as
stormform Posted at: 17:58 Jun21 2010 Post ID: 2859319
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
I had it on before i got extended mags. There's really no reason not to have FMJ on unless you want to have something else on. But if you have extended mags, its better to use them.

sphynxx Posted at: 05:58 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859564
sphynxx
+
+
Plus FMJ just looks cool lol.

It's all glowy & when it gets shot through the wall the over people **** themselves coz its just plain awesome.

Eh

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

stormform Posted at: 16:28 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859706
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
Some people people dislike the glowing and the overall looks of the fmj shot. Dont know why tough, i think its because it easely gives out your position. Doesn't bother me tough

sphynxx Posted at: 21:52 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859796
sphynxx
+
+
stormform said:Some people people dislike the glowing and the overall looks of the fmj shot. Dont know why tough, i think its because it easely gives out your position. Doesn't bother me tough

Well that is kidn of moronic though.

Core matches, any shot will give away your position. As well as unsilenced weapons.

Hardcore matches , any unsilenced shots will still give away your position if people are in the area surrounding you, or they happen to be watching your particular area.

stormform Posted at: 02:21 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859848
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
If you got a good sound system/headset any shot regardless of game mode will most likely give away your position, unless there are multiple players shooting at the same time.

sphynxx Posted at: 04:21 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859875
sphynxx
+
+
Or your using the SCAR-H or ACR or M16 with silencers.

They seem to be the quietest guns when suppressed.

The FAMAS is still pretty loud I think lol.

superbird5005 Posted at: 12:40 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859961
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+
+
Actually, if you look, FMJ does add extra damage to your weapon, it's only a little, but it's something, and that something could just be enough to be everything.

Eh, I still hate quick-scoping, but since I've gotten so bored of CoD lately, I've been doing that a lot lately and basically just trying to have fun now.
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 13:11 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859974
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
superbird5005 said:Actually, if you look, FMJ does add extra damage to your weapon, it's only a little, but it's something, and that something could just be enough to be everything.

That's if you're to believe the stats.
The same stats that claim that silencers do not affect damage, and shortens range.
Now known as
sphynxx Posted at: 23:10 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2860121
sphynxx
+
+
Tony said:That's if you're to believe the stats.
The same stats that claim that silencers do not affect damage, and shortens range.

In other words, stats are total BS Smile

Seriously, they need to fix their stats systems. I don't quite see how the M16 can be only marginally less powerful than the Barrett. I mean seriously?

As for Tonys comment; agreed. Silenced weapons need their stats changed to reflect the downgraded power the silencers give you. Range isn't affected at all. As Tony said in a comment in another thread in MW2 a while back, Every weapon has pretty much unlimited range, with the exception of the shotguns.

I've killed people on Afghan both in Core & Hardcore matches with the the Magnum & D.Eagle from the pipes that are near the planes wing tips all the way through the poppy side. 1 bullet in HC, 2 or 3 in Core. Them people weren't happy at all Evil Maybe coz I was camping for a change lol

GranTurismo Posted at: 18:26 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860319
GranTurismo
+
+
For starters, FMJ does give a power boost when you're using any second perk OTHER than Stopping Power. I have Cold-Blooded on my sniping class no matter what gametype I'm playing, or whether I'm quick-scoping or hard-scoping. The chance of getting a one shot kill in softcore with a no-attachments Intervention was halved compared to when I was using it with FMJ.

CRAZY CHEATS said:
superbird5005 said:Actually, if you look, FMJ does add extra damage to your weapon, it's only a little, but it's something, and that something could just be enough to be everything.

It depends on what weapon, because I've seen no real power drops with an assault rifle, sub machine gun or light machine gun when using them silenced. It's when you get to the snipers that your statement has proof.

« Last edited by GranTurismo on Jun 24th 2010 »

"The Ferrari-designed engine springs to life with a praiseworthy, deep rich voice that sends chills to the sensory portion of the brain. The message is loud and clear: this is gonna be great." -TheAutoChannel on the GranTurismo S
sphynxx Posted at: 21:22 Jun24 2010 Post ID: 2860341
sphynxx
+
+
GranTurismo said:For starters, FMJ does give a power boost when you're using any second perk OTHER than Stopping Power. I have Cold-Blooded on my sniping class no matter what gametype I'm playing, or whether I'm quick-scoping or hard-scoping. The chance of getting a one shot kill in softcore with a no-attachments Intervention was halved compared to when I was using it with FMJ.

CRAZY CHEATS said:

It depends on what weapon, because I've seen no real power drops with an assault rifle, sub machine gun or light machine gun when using them silenced. It's when you get to the snipers that your statement has proof.

Well, for starters, I have to disagree with you on FMJ giving a power boost when used without stopping power. I have never gotten a OHK with a Rifle when not using Stopping Power, unless I'm playing Hardcore matches. Perhaps it's all dependant on connections within the games, but not once have I managed to procure a OHK. Even using the Barrett with a Coldblooded Class with Thermal & FMJ, lining up dead center mass shots - I always get hitmarkers.

Oh, and the Assault Rifles; There is a definite drop. Three bullets with the SCAR-H unsilenced has always been a kill for me, with stopping power. Generally half a clip with a silencer, still with stopping power. Take stopping power away & used an unsilenced Assault rifle, 5 or 6 bullets = kill. Add silencer, the amount of bullets it takes is a lot more, & I'm not making this up, because I regularly count how many bullets per kill with each weapon so I don't go run around & spraying the crap outa everything & waste my ammo. I budget my ammo rather well..

The ACR seems to be one of the few exceptions, it seems without, or without stopping power, and with or without a silencer, the amount of shots it takes stays roughly the same..

GranTurismo Posted at: 00:19 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860374
GranTurismo
+
+
3-shot-kill with an AK-47 and TAR-21, silenced, and with cold-blooded.

Unsilenced and with Stopping Power? 2.

"The Ferrari-designed engine springs to life with a praiseworthy, deep rich voice that sends chills to the sensory portion of the brain. The message is loud and clear: this is gonna be great." -TheAutoChannel on the GranTurismo S
stormform Posted at: 01:14 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860385
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
^same goes for scar-h

And for those of you who still think FMJ adds damage/power readthis

Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close