Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

alien (muahahaha)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

pokemonruler Posted: 17:22 Jul26 2010 Post ID: 2874877
pokemonruler
Post Likes: 0
+
ok,i had inspiration to make an alien. and at the same time i wanted to expiriment with drawing things on GIMP. so i drew a picture of the alien i created

ok i know this is really long but please read it all!

ok, i guess we should start with the picture of the alien.

this was all from pure scratch except the backround which is just a blurred pic of some rocks.

ok so let me explain this.
PLEASE READ

so, im thinking of a planet that has little or no ocean. this planet rotates on its axis about the same speed as it rotates around its sun--therefore making they days and nights several earth-years long.the poles, because of the tilt on its axis, always stay day or night. the north pole is always day, south is always night. it never changes. the creatures on this planet adapt to the longs days and nights by either A) hibernating, B) migrating or C)they are stationary, meaning they dont move

now, i want to tell you how i view alien life. most 'alins' i see are mostly mix-and-matched earth animals. THATS NOT ALIEN its just mututated. all life on this planet is derived from one common ancestor, there for we are all similar. we all have blood, we all need oxygen, and water. we all have DNA and muscle, and nerves, and most have 5 of the same senses. touch, sound, sight, hearing, and taste. when looking at earth life very broadly. we are all the same.

aliens, on the other hand are not derived from a common ancestor to us. (unless we came from aliens or something but lets just say no ok :D) so, since we are not derived from the same ancestor, the alien life would form on a much diffrent path. they may not need oxygen, they may not need water (which is why i think people searching for alien life are doing it wrong) and they probably wont have the same general body structure. head, body, tail. its just so unlikely. for example, maybe there is a frozen planet. and there is life. maye liquid nitrogen is the basis of thier life. or maybe there is a gas planet and gas-filled creatures float around and take energy from the constant lightning that tears accross these planets. the possibilities are endless. but one thing is for sure, there is life out there. some poeple say no way. but when you step back, and realize how huge the universe is, you just understand and realize that its IMPOSSIBLE for us to be alone. i could go on to explain how completly amazing the universe is, but im veering off-subject. here is just a cool little video it just gives us a tiny little glimpse of how small we really are. but anyways..TO THE POINT aliens would not have the same senses as us. they probably wont have eyes, legs, brains, blood. what is the likelyness that every single little detail will evole in exactly the same exact way as us though we are so, so far away? i say. UNLIKELY.

my creature is stationary. it starts life as a free floating kinda larve/spore kinda thing, it floats along air currents and lands on a rock. where it grows to the adult size. the 'roots' are purely for holding it in place. it also has suction on the bottom of the main body like a lichen. its inner skeleton is an assembly of silicon to keep it straight (the top the silicon is more concentrated so its hard like an old sponge even though it may look like its floopy like a tounge) the top of it is tilted slightly upward-its for collecting water (for i decided to keep it simple and just make them water-dependant) and absorbing sunlight for warmth (NOT photosynthesis). the little spines are also silicon (a close up of of them) they protect the creature from ofther animals and it also collect the water. they have little channels down the middle leading to a pore to collect water. the little ridges on the creature itself on the bottom are for channeling the extra water off of the surface. you cant see the bottom side of the top, but it has gill-like stuff hanging down to filter out particles/small creatures from the air to feed itself.

so what do you guys think?

« Last edited by pokemonruler on Jul 26th 2010 »
[center]
check out my alien
[size=7]hey click my sig for a random funny!!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Vasco Posted: 07:47 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875126
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
I think I shouldn't have read all that, it was my Biology class all over again. Interesting perspective, though. I really enjoyed the video.

The piece itself is nicely done, great job with both shadows and textures. All mouse, or was there a tablet involved?

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
pokemonruler Posted: 10:32 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875170
pokemonruler
+
no it was all mouse.

and i thought all of that up in my head..
[center]
check out my alien
[size=7]hey click my sig for a random funny!!
v-gamer Posted: 12:30 Jul27 2010 Post ID: 2875210
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
Not exactly sure why you made me read all that, to be honest. Anxious

But the drawing is great, and the idea is unique. Nice job. ;)
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
pwnage123 Posted: 05:54 Jul28 2010 Post ID: 2875571
pwnage123
+
for me vid not so good but it still good buuut Alien Look Like Plant

The read part was awesome so awesome that i wasted three minutes of my life reading it

« Last edited by pwnage123 on Jul 28th 2010 »

Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

I Dont Suffer From Insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close