Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

California to legalize pot?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Cheat holder Posted: 13:13 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920375
Cheat holder
Magic Bananas!
Post Likes: 2
+
Here.

I noticed while I was on MSN yesterday, and my jaw dropped. If this happens, I think there will be a BIG impact of the other states. What idiot even thought of this? This is crazy!

Milotic - The Sea Serpent

~350~

There is no such thing as right or wrong. It's just a matter of perception.

http://www.primeleap.net

hatershateme Posted: 14:28 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920382
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Well. I have my points on legalizing Marijuana. They are good points I might add

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

_amo_ Posted: 14:33 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920385
_amo_
Post Likes: 0
+
Moving this to general chat; this seems to be a discussion about a single specific issue and there isn't much depth to be found in a debate over just this bill. Additionally, this has been mentioned in the rules: 
Rules said:-If you start a new topic, don't just post a link or something and say "discuss." Start the discussion off with something. It's a lot easier for someone to post in a new topic if they already see some of the points that have been made by previous people so they can either agree and elaborate or disagree with something.

If you want to have a debate about Cannabis, please do so here.
TheLlama Posted: 16:49 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920429
TheLlama
+
I think its about time people start to man-up and admit its not as harmful as the propganda claims it is. I'm tired of hearing about how it won't be made legal because its a "gateway drug", alot of the time people will go on to other drugs because the dealer they are buying from offers it to them especially these days as it is becoming alot harder to make money off selling weed so dealers are starting to sell off other drugs to make more profit. I've always thought that legalizing it would help the economy because of the high demand for it but goverments always cast the idea to one side often ignoring scientific evidence.

also the guy in the picture needs to learn how to roll a joint, that sleeping bag attempt looks terrible :D
tbug2007 Posted: 17:36 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920439
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
It won't pass.

Beer and alcohol's purpose isn't to get people drunk. On the other hand, marijuana's purpose is solely to get you high.

Look how many teenagers are abusing alcohol these days. Legalizing marijuana, do you THINK you'll be able to keep minors from using it for a day? :P

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
_amo_ Posted: 17:40 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920440
_amo_
+
tbug2007 said:It won't pass.

Beer and alcohol's purpose isn't to get people drunk. On the other hand, marijuana's purpose is solely to get you high.

Look how many teenagers are abusing alcohol these days. Legalizing marijuana, do you THINK you'll be able to keep minors from using it for a day? :P

Agreed. It's already hard enough to keep kids from it while it's illegal for everyone. Besides, it's bad enough that there are drunk drivers. Do we really need a sudden influx of stoned drivers too?
tbug2007 Posted: 17:42 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920441
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
Case closed, California's legislature is full of bumbling retards.

They should just turn the state over to us. We'd do a better job.

FILIP R POLICE
hatershateme Posted: 17:51 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920443
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
+
1. Alcohol Consumption will go down. Alcohol is much worse that smoking weed, as it affects the liver.
2. Crime rate will slightly go down.

3. If taxed, it will help the economy out a bit.

4. How overdosed on weed?

5. How many people died of liver cancer?

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

g33k Posted: 17:52 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920445
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
I see no problem in legalizing it, go to my school for one day and see how easy it is to get pot, and that NO ONE GIVES A **** even the cops. (albeit I live in TN but yea...) plus that harms the cartels since like 95 of their profit is from pot...
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
TheLlama Posted: 17:58 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920449
TheLlama
+
_amo_ said:

Agreed. It's already hard enough to keep kids from it while it's illegal for everyone. Besides, it's bad enough that there are drunk drivers. Do we really need a sudden influx of stoned drivers too?

being stoned is comepletely different to being drunk and does not make you think you can drive when you obviously can't. you don't get blurred vision and can mantain speeds which is the exact opposite of drink driving.

Alcohol isnt to get people drunk? sorry but thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard why do people drink? why have people been brewing alcohol for hundreds of years? the answer is simple - to get drunk.

i'd would say it is actually easier to control the amount of minors using the drug if it was made legal, if the prices drop(and they are stupidly high atm)then it will put the illegal dealers out of buisness so then minors will have to rely on people buying it for them which is alot harder than just going to the dealer themselves.
tbug2007 Posted: 18:14 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920456
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
Alcohol isnt to get people drunk? sorry but thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard why do people drink? why have people been brewing alcohol for hundreds of years? the answer is simple - to get drunk.

That's why every single company known to man has "Drink Responsibly" written on every bottle. The REASON for beer is a drink to enjoy. Getting drunk is a(n abused) side effect.

being stoned is comepletely different to being drunk and does not make you think you can drive when you obviously can't. you don't get blurred vision and can mantain speeds which is the exact opposite of drink driving.

"Marijuana side effects from an overdose include toxic psychosis including hallucinations, delusions and a loss of self-identification."

people buying it for them which is alot harder than just going to the dealer themselves.

Dad: *Goes in store and buys pot*
-Goes home and gives to child-
The end. You'd be surprised how many parents would be willing to do that, too.

HHM said:Alcohol is much worse that smoking weed, as it affects the liver.

"Marijuana side effects include physical problems like breathing difficulties and deteriorating physical abilities. Despite a popular belief, marijuana side effects speed up the heart, blood and breathing rate. The body is taxed more and this speeds up the aging process just like methamphetamines do. The marijuana side effects from this extra exertion on the body include a higher risk for lung cancer, heart attacks and strokes.

Marijuana side effects also wreak havoc on the brain when the drug is used habitually. The natural chemical balance of the brain is disrupted affecting the pleasure centers and regulatory systems. The ability to learn, remember and adapt quickly to changes is impaired by marijuana use. Depression often occurs with marijuana usage, which feeds into the cycle of more drug use to treat the pain created by drug use. This cycle of addiction is very powerful and users soon find that they cannot stop using the drug even if they want to."

« Last edited by tbug2007 on Oct 27th 2010 »

FILIP R POLICE
_amo_ Posted: 18:15 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920458
_amo_
+
TheLlama said:
_amo_ said:

Because being high doesn't affect judgment or perception of time and space, right? (number sign fails. Go down to effects on driving)

TheLlama said:Alcohol isnt to get people drunk? sorry but thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard why do people drink? why have people been brewing alcohol for hundreds of years? the answer is simple - to get drunk.

Oh, yeah, nobody drinks in moderation. People don't actually like the taste. The only reason why anybody would ever buy alcohol is to get drunk.

TheLlama said:i'd would say it is actually easier to control the amount of minors using the drug if it was made legal, if the prices drop(and they are stupidly high atm)then it will put the illegal dealers out of buisness so then minors will have to rely on people buying it for them which is alot harder than just going to the dealer themselves.

Lower prices will make it less accessible? I don't think that's how economics works. They can't get some guy stoned out of his mind to buy it for them, or ask a friend above the age limit, or steal parents' drugs which were legally bought, right?

hatershateme said:Alcohol Consumption will go down. Alcohol is much worse that smoking weed, as it affects the liver.

So, people get drunk because they can't get high? Do people really think "hey, now that I have this joint, I can go return that Whiskey I bought"?

« Last edited by _amo_ on Oct 27th 2010 »
tbug2007 Posted: 18:17 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920459
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
I would just like to say that A) I high five Amo right now for posting the exact same thing as me at the same time, and B) his link r da broke xD

FILIP R POLICE
Quake Posted: 18:36 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920464
Quake
+
Look... I live in Cali.... I live in Oakland.... I have not once ever heard of a High driver.... I dont condone the use of any kind of drug but if it were made legal I think it would help A LOT. Pot is the 1 drug sold by dealers, if it became legal crime rates would go down. It would most definitely help the economy, and its not nearly as bad as being drunk or smoking Cigarettes. Its a plant and not actually addictive, when people become addicted its for the same reasons people become drunks.

BTW just look at history, when alcohol was illegal you realize how popular bootleg alcohol was? It`s was banned for the same reasons pot is today, if it`s illegal people are more likely to conspire for the usage of pot.

Thanks to Impact. for the avatar and Signature!

Quakelive.com

Havent played much ik but I will be playing!

TheLlama Posted: 18:46 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920465
TheLlama
+
this may be alittle hard to follow because i cant be bothered to pull the specific qoutes from the above posts.

The "Drink Responsibly" is not there to tell people to enjoy the drink its a way of saying "know your limits" and was started because of the binge drinking that happens on the weekends when people drink far too much and start staggering around town being sick and causing trouble. what they mean is "yeah sure go out and get drunk but don't keep downing pints once you are drunk, be responsible"

The difference with driving stoned and driving drunk are if you have smoked your self silly you are well aware that driving isnt a good idea and it doesnt take very long for those affects to fade so you can drive. if your completely hammered your mor likely to think everything will be fine and can't just sit and wait to sober up because alcohol makes most people very impatient and it takes alot longer to sober up from alcohol.

Sure they can ask someone to buy it for them but that means waiting around and having to actually ask people, it doesnt matter how you look at it this is alot more hassle then simply thinking "I want some weed, well off to my dealer it is then" then within minutes you have your drugs. also when i say lowering the prices will make less accessible(not my actual words but i'll go with it)i mean if it is legal and sold for a lower price than the dealers are offering it will stop them selling it becuase they wont be making any money so minors will have a harder time getting hold of it. nobody with any sense is going to go buy under weighed drugs of a dealer if they can get the proper weight from a shop.

other so called side affects from cannabis use seem to be based on a very select few, until i personally see evidence with my own eyes i will continue to disregard them. saying your more likely to get lung cancer is just stupid - your smoking so of course you are thats just stating the obvious. from personal experience and through all the people i know i have yet to see evidence of learning difficulties or memory loss that could actually seriously affect a persons life.

edit - forgot about this
Oh, yeah, nobody drinks in moderation. People don't actually like the taste. The only reason why anybody would ever buy alcohol is to get drunk.

so when people smoke weed they do it to smoke as much as possible? no, just no. yes people drink socially becuase they enjoy the taste but unless you have a high tolerence for it you ARE going to get drunk the same way that if your going to smoke a joint you ARE going to get high but that doesnt mean its the only reason its done. people enjoy the taste of weed the same way people enjoy the taste of alcohol.

« Last edited by TheLlama on Oct 27th 2010 »
_amo_ Posted: 19:03 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920469
_amo_
+
Quake said:Look... I live in Cali.... I live in Oakland.... I have not once ever heard of a High driver.... I dont condone the use of any kind of drug but if it were made legal I think it would help A LOT. Pot is the 1 drug sold by dealers, if it became legal crime rates would go down. It would most definitely help the economy, and its not nearly as bad as being drunk or smoking Cigarettes. Its a plant and not actually addictive, when people become addicted its for the same reasons people become drunks.

If murder was made legal crime rates would go down. Obviously. It's just because they're redefining it as no longer being a crime. It is very misleading to say that.

not actually addictive, when people become addicted its for the same reasons people become drunks.

What? So do people get addicted or don't they?

Quake said:Its a plant

So? Why does that matter? So are oak trees.

Quake said:BTW just look at history, when alcohol was illegal you realize how popular bootleg alcohol was? It`s was banned for the same reasons pot is today, if it`s illegal people are more likely to conspire for the usage of pot.

That's because a ton of people had gotten used to it before it was banned. People had been drinking for hundreds of years before and are suddenly expected to stop? Marijuana wasn't legal in the first place. Pot smokers didn't have to adapt to a sudden ban because it has been banned. Where are all the speak-easy bars for pot?
tbug2007 Posted: 19:38 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920476
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
"Drink responsibly" = "yeah sure go out and get drunk but don't keep downing pints once you are drunk, be responsible"

Seeing how the dictionary says that responsible means "based on or characterized by good judgment or sound thinking," I don't think that your definition fits at all. Unless, of course, you think that getting drunk is a wise choice and leads to a very successful future.

Sure they can ask someone to buy it for them but that means waiting around and having to actually ask people, it doesnt matter how you look at it this is alot more hassle then simply thinking "I want some weed, well off to my dealer it is then" then within minutes you have your drugs.

You're saying it's easier to secretly, untraceably go to a drug dealer and risk the one single person that sees you throwing you both in jail than to simply go ask an irresponsible adult to LEGALLY obtain it? Isn't that basically the equivalent of stealing a candybar? Yeah, it really is much easier to just pick it up and take it, rather than stand in line for two minutes to pay for it. But if you get caught (which you probably will be), you're busted (Okay, maybe not too much trouble for a piece of candy, but you get the idea.)

Its a plant

If you want to get very nitpicky, beer is a plant, too.

FILIP R POLICE
doamasniperx14 Posted: 19:43 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920480
doamasniperx14
+
I have a question for you, tbug2007. When was the last time you heard of someone dieing from pot?

One shot, two shot, three.....
Go to http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?doamasniperx14 to put your mind through the ultimate test.
Quake Posted: 19:44 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920482
Quake
+
[quoteby=_amo_]
Quake said:

You misunderstood, by crime rates going down I mean drug dealing incidents (murders) and just drug dealing in general.

What? So do people get addicted or don't they?

People CAN become addicted, but the substance itself isnt addictive.

Quake said:Its a plant

So? Why does that matter? So are oak trees.

Are you really going to misquote me like that? I said "its a plant and not actually addictive" I didnt simply state that it was a plant.

Quake said:BTW just look at history, when alcohol was illegal you realize how popular bootleg alcohol was? It`s was banned for the same reasons pot is today, if it`s illegal people are more likely to conspire for the usage of pot.

That's because a ton of people had gotten used to it before it was banned. People had been drinking for hundreds of years before and are suddenly expected to stop? Marijuana wasn't legal in the first place. Pot smokers didn't have to adapt to a sudden ban because it has been banned. Where are all the speak-easy bars for pot?

Speak easy bar? and either way it doesnt matter because it is the most widely used illegal drug out there and whether its illegal or legal really will not change the fact that is is used, and always will be. Making it legal just makes things easier for cops, helps our economy, and make drug dealers go broke. and once again, I live in OAKLAND. I of all people here would know if accidents caused by pot abuse actually happen.

« Last edited by Quake on Oct 27th 2010 »

Thanks to Impact. for the avatar and Signature!

Quakelive.com

Havent played much ik but I will be playing!

CRAZY CHEATS Posted: 19:50 Oct27 2010 Post ID: 2920483
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
Bout time.
Aside from all the other arguments, it'll keep teens off the streets.
High kids are much less likely to overdose on M than alchohol, and if they do, they're not gonna go barfing on the street , or fighting, or being general annoyances.
Now known as
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 435822

Post Top
Click to close