Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Teams Suggestion

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
sphynxx Posted: 17:25 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928100
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Forgoten_Scars said:...Did you even read my posts, Filip?

I'm pretty sure Filip did read your posts. From my point of view he does have the exact understanding of this idea you're trying to put forward.

I'm with Filip - if it comes down to a member vote, I'm a no.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
qwertyuio Posted: 18:08 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928130
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Forgoten_Scars said:...Did you even read my posts, Filip?

Pollo said:Personally, I could really use this on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Story. I want that team to be open to everyone

For those of you who don't know, that's the biggest team in T&C. Bah, knew it would be hard to explain to someone who doesn't actually go to T&C. xD

Most of the people who actually go to T&C are saying yes. If a few more come in, I'll ask Rich if it's practical or not.

The real question is, did you even read my posts? From what sphynxx, batheirsbit and I can see, I've totally nulled out every 'reason' you've given to implement this feature.

And "someone who doesn't actually go to T&C". Seriously? Seriously Derek? Please take a second to clear your head and realize I've taken large part in the T&C community, both new and old, before you even joined the site. I still go there daily to check up on things and am well aware of the full situation, so don't you dare treat me as if I'm ignorant.

Forgoten_Scars said:Filip's just a very confused person who barely knows what's going on anymore.

Again, this is just straight up insulting. Argue the point, not the person; because right now you are doing exactly that. I have done just as much as you to keep T&C running smoothly. So watch what you type. This is, again, one of your personality problems Derek. You take suggests you support much too intensely and get to the point where it's just plain thickheadedness and at times disrespectful.

Now that I've had my chance to reply to that, let's get back to the actual idea. As it stands I do believe I've beaten out every reason that has been given for T&C to get this feature. If anyone has anymore, please post them now and anyone on the "no" side is free to reply.

Should we be incapable of reaching a decision through discussion I will transfer this thread to the vote system.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 18:34 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928135
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Argue, says the person that doesn't see the joking side of posts and wants to take things intensely. Argue, says the hypocrite that claims others take things 'Too intensely'. Argue, says the person who wants to 'Beat out' things rather than discuss and act as they should. Argue, says the egotist who thinks they've done more than they actually have.

No need for a vote, point stays the same through all this. Majority (That being most) of the people who actively use the teams and clans section say they want it. Only ones saying no are an old Teams and Clans member who's points I can understand; Nikki, A forums person, and a person who's done more harm to teams and clans than good. Sent the thread off to Rich, seeing as it's ultimately up to him. He'll tell us whether it's plausible or not.

Filip, I suggest you take your own advice and go clear your head, as you're obviously not thinking straight.
v-gamer Posted: 18:39 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928137
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
oh my, so there is a such thing as "more dramatic than pxe"

I don't think it's that big a deal to fuss over and start insulting each other. Personally, I see no need whatsoever for a log of any kind unless we're that insecure about the Moderators that were specifically and particularly chosen by the Upper Administration, or seeing something so petty as who joined/left a team.

However, if I had to generalize the population's view on the idea based on the sample who gave their opinion, I would say that the people who support the idea post on Teams, and others who don't support the idea are largely and/or more of Forums posters.

If it comes to the point where there is a strict divide and that pattern follows, then maybe we should consider implementing it because it wouldn't affect the people who oppose the idea as they don't visit Teams (or visit Teams for less often than the Forums).

But to be honest, I think that implementing a log would be a lot of work and won't be so easy to do, plus there's apparently a lot of stuff going on with the site that are more important to do. There's been a large to-do list since 2007 that only recently has been touched upon.

Edit: OH COME ON DEREK, WHY OH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO POINT OUT THE STATISTICS THAT I CENTERED MY POST AROUND? :( Now I seem uncreative.

« Last edited by v-gamer on Nov 16th 2010 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 18:43 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928138
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
Qwert I never really saw you post in T&C till I guess about a year ago. Even now its rare to see you post there. I think that was what Derek is getting at. Honestly though whats the point of arguing its just an idea, some people are going to like it and some won't. Its nothing to start a big argument over.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 18:48 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928143
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Haha, my bad Vee. I didn't expect you to post that. xD
Axionas Posted: 18:55 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928153
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
I'd have to agree with Z, you rarely ever post in T&C and when you do, it's either in HQ or whenever your name pops up. Topic was just a suggestion, and it came to a small argument. :S
qwertyuio Posted: 21:55 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928185
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
Derek - Figures you'd make a post like that. We're all very predictable. :P Well I tell you what, I don't have the time nor the typing skills to woo over someone like yourself. Not in this situation anyway. I'm sticking to everything I've said. All I'm asking is for you to treat me as your equal; as well as every other smod who cares to give their opinion on things. Which you really can't deny to someone who has seniority & is at the same rank. You can't just totally blow off a staff member's opinion on something, as you attempted to here. If Cataclysm came here right now and wanted a vote we can't stop him, and should have no reason to. If he thinks he knows enough to weigh into T&C related decisions then that's the end of it, despite him never actually posting there.

Z & Axionas - I don't actually post in random teams in T&C frequently at all no. The majority of what I do is now just sitting back and watching; acting if necessary. Way I see it, leaves me fairly knowledgeable. But I can assure you two I have a long history with the place between old & new. I was posting there the first day it was up, brand new. :D

So then I'm done with this thread until Rich posts. Hopefully his opinion will shed some light on things. If he does want our definite opinion on it, then vooote.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Craizen Posted: 23:04 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928207
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
I have to agree with BB. Honestly, I would only keep track of people who posted, if you joined and didn't post, well then, eh.
Glaceon Posted: 23:52 Nov16 2010 Post ID: 2928227
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
I'm a super burrow. ^^

Anywho, I think this idea will be more beneficial to the team chief as they'll beable to keep a better log of members who've joined and left.

Think about it. Ever had a member just leave your team and you were curious as to who? Now you can find out, considering this idea comes into effect.

As for people who've joined, it'd be nice to know when and how long they've been a part of the team. Just for the hell of it, I guess.

So to conclude, I think this idea would work out well and would be useful to team chiefs, especially for team chiefs of larger teams.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Vasco Posted: 08:15 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928300
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
Nonono, guise. You're all missing the most important part here: if this was implemented, I wouldn't randomly remove/ban people I don't like from teams without anyone knowing, anymore. That's no fun.

In all seriousness, though, it's not necessary.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 09:48 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928311
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Filip, this illusion of rank meaning anything at all in situations such as this is a bit ridiculous. It's what you do, not who you are. I do respect your opinion, but only if you come in and do as Vasco, Nikki, and Vee have; Put in your opinion rather than trying to bash something to the ground and think you're the final say in it. On the same note, your opinion is welcome, but just as you did when I was a Moderator, it will be weighed in accordance to how much the person giving the opinion has actually contributed to that part the site. I hope you can realize why people such as Axionas and Ninetaled Fox have more of a say in all of this than you. If not, keep this in mind: "A businessman up north has little right to tell a fisherman down south how to go about catching his fish."

My only problem here is what you're saying, Filip.

If anyone has anymore, please post them now and anyone on the "no" side is free to reply.

No mention of the yes side? My my, what one sidedness you have, grandma. Only one last thing to say to you, then I'm done as well until Rich comes in.

Filip said:You take suggests you don't support much too intensely and get to the point where it's just plain thickheadedness and at times disrespectful.
stormform Posted: 13:43 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928348
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
Wow, wouldn't want to get in the middle of this fight...

But anyways, even tough I'm not in teams almost at all, I can see the usefulness of this so I say yes.

sphynxx Posted: 18:10 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928379
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
stormform said:But anyways, even tough I'm not in teams almost at all, I can see the usefulness of this so I say yes.

Explain to me how exactly this is usefull or beneficial at all? Because as it stands I can't see it. As Craizen said;

if you joined and didn't post, well then, eh.

what difference does it make to the day to day running of the team knowning which member(s) joined on which date & who left on which date. It has absolutely no benefit to the team. If it's REALLY so important to know who joins, then you'd go to the effort in keeping a list on our own.

You once spent a significant chunk of time sifting through a few thousand members finding the glitched moderator spots Derek, so you can't say that you dont have the time or patience to do the same with your own team.. I'm not having a go, I'm just failing to see the point in all of this.

Mark already has a fairly large chunk of work to do on the rest of the site, and this kind of thing, no matter how easily implemented, would be another setback to the work that is actually needed on the site.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Nov 17th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
steelersrock01 Posted: 18:16 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928382
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
The way I see it is that you want this feature so you can easily see who leaves and joins your team on a given date. Don't you think that if they were a member who actively posted (or an "important" member) that they would say something before they left, or you would notice if they left abruptly. And if they aren't an important member and they don't post often, does it really matter if they leave your team?

I really don't see the necessity in this. While I think it could be a nice feature to have, I think there are more important things that need to be done.
Ninetailed Fox Posted: 19:50 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928397
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
sphynxx said:
stormform said:But anyways, even tough I'm not in teams almost at all, I can see the usefulness of this so I say yes.

Explain to me how exactly this is usefull or beneficial at all? Because as it stands I can't see it. As Craizen said;

if you joined and didn't post, well then, eh.

what difference does it make to the day to day running of the team knowning which member(s) joined on which date & who left on which date. It has absolutely no benefit to the team. If it's REALLY so important to know who joins, then you'd go to the effort in keeping a list on our own.

You once spent a significant chunk of time sifting through a few thousand members finding the glitched moderator spots Derek, so you can't say that you dont have the time or patience to do the same with your own team.. I'm not having a go, I'm just failing to see the point in all of this.

Mark already has a fairly large chunk of work to do on the rest of the site, and this kind of thing, no matter how easily implemented, would be another setback to the work that is actually needed on the site.
It would be impossible to keep track on your own of who has joined and left on the bigger teams. There can be over 200 members on some teams and even more on others. Do you honestly expect someone to go through all of them to see whos new and whos missing? Theres a lot of stuff around the site that hasn't really had a point but has been useful to some people. One good example of this is the the Bio friend list. It wasn't really needed but was added anyway and many people find it easier to use that to keep track of their friends. Just because you don't think its a good idea or useful doesn't mean it won't be to other people. Now can we please just stop arguing over a suggestion? Cause it really does seem like a waste of time arguing over something that won't even affect most of those who don't like the idea. Besides we don't even know if its possible to add yet. It wouldn't be the end of the world if it was added or not.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
steelersrock01 Posted: 20:13 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928398
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Ninetailed Fox said: Theres a lot of stuff around the site that hasn't really had a point but has been useful to some people. One good example of this is the the Bio friend list. It wasn't really needed but was added anyway and many people find it easier to use that to keep track of their friends. Just because you don't think its a good idea or useful doesn't mean it won't be to other people.
It just seems to me that Bio friend lists and comments appeal to a much wider crowd than this would. And this would only affect those few teams that have so many members leaving and joining that something like this is needed, which is what? 10 teams, maybe?
Symmetry Posted: 20:40 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928407
Symmetry
Post Likes: 0
+
Basically, agreeing with Z.

Even if it's not largely useful, I don't see what would be wrong with adding it anyway. Ever notice how most of the people who aren't for it don't visit the Teams section in the first place? I do not get.

I even doubt I would use it much, but there can't be any harm in it, so let's go for it, I suppose.

« Last edited by Symmetry on Nov 17th 2010 »
Well, a time-traveling phone booth can only take you so far...
v-gamer Posted: 20:46 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928409
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
Well, you're all assuming that it would be easy to implement in the first place.

If it's not a big deal to install and come up with a code, then I don't care whether or not it's added, tbh.

But I think the point that most of us are trying to get across is that there's a lot of other things on the to-do list, apparently, and that's been said consistently for the past few years.

« Last edited by v-gamer on Nov 17th 2010 »
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
tbug2007 Posted: 21:13 Nov17 2010 Post ID: 2928414
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
But I think the point that most of us are trying to get across is that there's a lot of other things on the to-do list, apparently, and that's been said consistently for the past few years.

This is the entire thread, summed up into about tow lines.

Filip, Derek, BOTH of you cut it out. You're both being very disrespectful to each other, and the times where you show "respect" such as "I do respect your opinion, but..." you're both being very sarcastic, and it's incredibly obvious.

I know I don't have any authority any more, but if I were a new member checking out whether or not this was a well-run website with good staff, I'd probably say that the only one that's doing a fair job without discriminating is V.

This is just shameful.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close