Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

Unova Journey - 3: Route 2 and Striaton City

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 20:19 Feb18 2011 Post ID: 2965590
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
+
~Route 2~
Details

After just a few steps into Route 2, you should receive a rather useless call over your Live Caster. Turns out your mom just wanted to use it and soon appears behind you. Professor Juniper told her you were headed that way, so she's now shown up to give you a pair of running shoes. Quite a useful item in this game. Simply hold down the B button to run in this game from here on out.

Now this route contains a few trainers and useful items such as Pokeballs and Potions. Pick them up along the way. Once nearing the end of the route, Bianca should stop you and request a Pokemon Battle. Careful with this one. Her Pokemon have learned moves that are super effective against your starter (Vine Whip, Ember, or Water Gun).

Bianca's Pokemon:

Lillipup Lv. 7
Oshawott/Snivy/Tepig Lv. 7

~Striaton city~

Once you win against Bianca, you're free to enter Striaton city. A small city with a few buildings, school, and a gym. The exit to the next route is right past a small garden off to the left of the city, but don't think you can just continue on by it. You'll be stopped by an old man who recommends you collect your first gym badge before you move on.

Good items obtainable in this city would include a great ball given to you buy a man in the first building to the left you pass by. Now, you might think you should just go straight to the gym, right? Well, there's a man blocking the path, saying you need to go to the trainer school and meet the gym leader there. When you walk into the school, you won't find the gym leader, but you will find Cheren. This time, he'll ask you if you want to battle him or not. Of course, you have to say yes.

Cheren's Pokemon:

Snivy/Oshawott/Tepig Lv. 8 (Oran Berry)
Vine Whip
Tackle
Leer

Purroin LVL8
Scratch
Assist
Leer
Growl

Spoils:
+800 Poke
+ Oran Berry

Now, before heading into the gym, I highly suggest you go into the small Dream Yard to the right of the city. There, you will find a Pokemon to aid you in your upcoming gym battle. Now back to the gym, you will see someone standing in front of it. This person will ask you which Pokemon you started out with, then head in. You see, this gym is special. There are 3 gym leaders, but you will only have to face one. You will have to face a Pokemon that you're at a type disadvantage to.

Cilan/Chili/Cress' Pokemon:

Lillipup Lv.12
Work Up
Bite
Odor Sleuth
Helping Hand

Pansage/Pansear/Panpour Lv.14
Work Up
Vine Whip/Incinerate/Water Gun
Lick
Fury Swipes

Once won, you will receive the Tri Badge. You are now free to leave the gym and continue on, but once you exit, Professor Juniper's friend will come by and tell you to follow her to her small lab up in the top of a building. Once you do, you will receive HM 01 CUT, and be asked to go collect some dream smoke from the Dream Yard.

Head off to the right side exit of the town and enter the Dream Yard. You will now finally be able to cut down that tree that's been in the way. Once you pass by where it was, Bianca will follow up behind you and ask if she can tag along. Continue just a little further and you will find some Team Plasma grunts kicking a poor Pokemon for its dream smoke. Once something is said about it, you will be challenged to a Team Plasma battle. After you beat the two Plasma Grunts, Ghetsis will show up and ask what is going on, eventually taking the Grunts away.

The same scientist that asked for the Dream Smoke will come along and collect the bit that the Pokemon dropped before it ran off. Simply return to the upper part of the town's building where you received the HM 01 CUT and you will receive C-Gear.

Credits:
Axionas - Data Retrieval
Ninetailed Fox - Translator
Forgoten_Scars - Image Retrieval/Editor
Symmetry - Secondary Editor

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 20:23 Feb18 2011 Post ID: 2965592
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
+
Very nice little addition to the walkthrough, Lizzy.
Cyndevia Posted at: 21:33 Feb18 2011 Post ID: 2965639
Cyndevia
Bane of the Fallen King
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Awesome thanks for the next part of the walkthrough Smile

Two questions, What do you do in the small dream yard? and what does the C-Gear do?
sphynxx Posted at: 21:53 Feb18 2011 Post ID: 2965655
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
bookmarked =D but not read lol. thanks though.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
fossilbey12345 Posted at: 12:34 Feb19 2011 Post ID: 2965819
fossilbey12345
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Mabye you should continue it. But what kind of pokemon it?Eh
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close