Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

[Showdown] Risorgimento

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 17
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 15 | 16 | Last     Previous | Next
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 09:12 Apr28 2011 Post ID: 2996298
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
(( Due to inactivity, shadowoblivion is disqualified from this match. Let's continue. ))

"Ladies and gentlemen, your winner due to disqualification... Dru!" The crowd let out a cavalcade of boos due to not seeing a fight, but they wouldn't have to wait much longer. "Now, hopefully we'll get some action with this next one! Aria versus Magni! Will the combatants please make their way down to the arena!"

"Finally, I get a piece of the action." Aria showed a slight smile as she headed down the stairs that led to the arena floor.

"I really hope Aria is stronger than she looks... if not, this fight won't last long." Goten sighed.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
imaloony8.0 Posted: 09:20 Apr28 2011 Post ID: 2996301
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
Magni walked slowly down to the ring. As he walked out, it was clear that the fight wouldn't be easy for Aria. Now that he was ready for battle, he seemed much more intimidating before. All of the odd markings in his armor seemed to give off an aura of something most people were unfamiliar with. Between the history and battles the armor had been through and the powerful machine spirit within, a normal person would have run for the hills at the mere sight of him. Magni himself showed not even so much as a tremble, as if something like this would be incredibly trivial. In his right hand he held a large, odd looking, double-barreled gun. It looked too big for a normal person to use, but Magni seemed perfectly capable of holding it one handed. When he finally reached the ring and sized up his opponent, he only had one more thing to say. "For the honor of the Imperium, the Deathwatch, and the Dark Angles!" he roared.

"What the hell is a death watch?" Hiei asked, imagining a wrist watch with demonic powers.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Apr 28th 2011 »

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 09:54 Apr28 2011 Post ID: 2996312
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
"Take your honor and shove it!" Aria let out, withdrawing her katana and standing firm, looking straight at Magni. Her face showed absolutely no fear. It was unclear whether she was just an egotistical idiot or she actually knew she might have a chance of beating the guy. But... did she, really?

"Now... begin!" The announcer let out, and Aria immediately freed one hand from her katana. She let out a blast of water that covered the ground in front of and around Magni. After that, she let out an impressive blaze of fire. When it hit the water, clouds of billowing steam let out, causing the entire ring to be shrouded. Aria jumped backwards, emerging above the steam.

She pelted another blast of water down on the ring, coating the stone pretty evenly. "Now fry!" Just as the steam began to clear, she surged her sword forward and a blast of electricity similar to a crack of lightning beamed down, hitting the wet ring.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 10:33 Apr28 2011 Post ID: 2996324
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
"A bolt of lightning to short circuit power armor? You may as well try to knock down a mountain with a battering ram." Magni had never lost sight of Aria through the mist. With all of his Space Marine augmentations, there wasn't much he couldn't see through. Instantly as she began her attack, he began preparing. Deathwatch Librarians could do something similar, and he expected that it wouldn't do much. He drew a massive sword in the blink of an eye and plunged it deep into the ring, gripping the blade with his free hand. As fast as his mind could move with the help of his MIU (lightning quick), he quickly changed the configuration of his Power Armor Magnetic Boots, to reroute the electricity that hit them directly into his power supply, which he then routed directly into his left gauntlet.
The lightning hit, and Magni felt the shock go through him. There was some pain, but for a Space Marine, it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. His plan worked effectively, taking the worst of the shock away from the important parts and using the massive power storage device on his armor to ground the shock.
"You see, the ground is simply one giant conductor. Shoot electricity deep enough into it, and it's harmless," Magni said. His right hand was up in a blur, and four rounds erupted out of each barrel of the gun, for a total of eight rounds being shot right at Aria.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 09:51 Apr29 2011 Post ID: 2996919
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Aria's face grew annoyed when her attack barely phased her opponent, and quickly grew into distress when she heard gunfire. She gripped her katana and began to spin it like a fan, hoping to shield herself at least partially from the bullets. She began to fall back to the arena floor, and in the process, two of the shots pierced through; one sliced open her collarbone, the other grazed her neck, only slightly missing main veins. She lost balance and had a sloppy landing back in the ring, in the process twisting her knee. Obviously, brute force wasn't going to get the job done. But, knockouts weren't the only way to win a match, she remembered. She smiled; she knew it wasn't over yet. She lifted a hand to put on her collarbone-- a blue light escaped and scabbed over her wound, fully stopping the bleeding. She regained her composure and stood up, facing him from the other side of the ring.

"You're big... but are you sly?" She smirked, before she put her palm forward. She closed her eyes, this would take a lot of power. Nothing happened for a moment, but after a minute, rain seemed to be flowing out of the ring, up into the air, then back down. It steadily grew, before Aria opened her eyes and pushed her palm forward. A torrent of water, at least twenty feet tall, sped forward like a miniature tsunami. "Damn.. I've already used up most of my magic.." She couldn't hit him with a blast of lightning again, so she'd have to take advantage of this another way.

As the torrent rushed forward, she began sprinting right behind it. When she hit the slick water, she began sliding, and she used that to gain speed; it was almost like she was skating across the ring, behind a wave. She let out a yell, and right before the wave got to Magni, she put down her katana, which vaulted her with great velocity toward Magni. She was right behind the wave, waiting to finish it all off with a kick designed not to pierce armor, but to push. To push straight out of the ring.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 11:06 Apr29 2011 Post ID: 2996938
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Before any of Aria's magic happened, however, something else surprising happened. The bullets that had managed to graze Aria went a little ways further, and then detonated. A Space Marine might be able to take explosive rounds like that, but for someone like Aria, were the rounds to connect fully, it would be a crippling, or even lethal blow.
"She better be careful of that gun," Hiei said. "One direct hit will end the match

"You are clever, but I'm afraid it's not enough," Magni said. Instantly, the cybernetic arm mounted on his shoulder came to life. Magni dropped to one knee, and the cyber arm extended towards the ground. With a crash, it smashed right into the ring, anchoring Magni to the ground. The kick connected, followed by the heavy pressure of the wave, but between the massive weight of the armor and his anchor point, he wasn't moved an inch.

Magni's sword was still lodged into the ground, but he had one hand free. Balling his hand up into a fist, he let loose a bone-shattering punch right at Aria.

« Last edited by imaloony8.0 on Apr 29th 2011 »

Craizen Posted: 21:30 May02 2011 Post ID: 2998381
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Dru's disappoint and quickly turned to excitement. "This is better than missing my match. I get to see how the big one operates. And if I most say so myself, it's amazing. He's had to have tons of combat practice, he's reading her like a book. He's a true challenge. I hope she holds her own or brings out the big guns. Or he will demolish her. And not even think twice about."

All this still gave Dru a light stomach ache. All this strength, and he had to strategize.

Not easy He thought. But it can be done. Now let's see what little Aria can do in the heat of battle.

He once again meditated with his Scythe, power up for next time.
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 08:31 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998458
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Magni was big, and he had speed for a big guy. But Aria, although lacking in physical strength, was extremely agile. When Magni sent his punch forward, Aria bounced off with the foot she had planted in his armor, jumped above the punch, and landed on Magni's arm. She gripped her katana with both hands, before swinging it at full force toward Magni's face.

"She's got spunk, that's for sure." Goten watched with his hands on his hips, impressed with the two fighters.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 08:44 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998464
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
It seemed that Magni didn't have time to block as the katana sped towards his head. However, it became quite obvious that he simply didn't see the need. The katana simply bounced off the helmet of Magni's power armor, doing little to no damage. A set of armor this advanced was designed to take attacks from the heaviest weapons and keep the space marine going for a long time. A weapon like that didn't have a prayer against the armor.
"Interesting," he said. "Do you choose not to outfit your weapons with a power field, or do you simply not have access to the resources to get one?" Magni took a moment to yank his sword out of the ground. Up close, it was clear that his weapon was about as large as a Claymore, which would be a two handed weapon for most stronger people. Magni, however, had no trouble holding it one handed. "However, even weapons without power fields are deadly if they are crafted correctly, and if held in the proper hands." Magni swung the massive sword at Aria, looking to slice her in half.

((As a note, I'm not trying to make Magni this OPed, I think this was a mismatch :/ ))

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 08:54 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998467
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
(( It's a bit of a mismatch. I didn't know he was this strong. ))

Damn it... I have no magic left, I'm getting tired, and my weapons can't even hurt this guy... ugh, I can't stand it! Her thoughts escaped her brain. "You won't get the best of me!" Aria ducked, fire in her eyes. The sword sliced off a hair and that's it; she barely made it under. After he swung, she surged forward, tightly gripping ehr sword. "You overpowered freak!" She screamed, her burning anger getting the best of her. She readied her blade once more, before leaping straight toward the tank of a man and shoving her sword to his armpit, the only place she could think of that might have a weakness.

« Last edited by dark_wolf_33 on May 3rd 2011 »
imaloony8.0 Posted: 09:45 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998497
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
((It's mostly that he's really tough to hurt. His armor is built to withstand the rounds he's currently shooting, so something like a kick or a slash from a normal weapon won't even scratch it. Goten would have an easier time... still, I've got a plan up my sleeve for this fight :P))

Amazingly, Aria's katana managed to fit in a tiny gap in the armor. What seemed to be a moment of tyumph turned into horror, as the tip of the sword hit something nearly as hard as the armor right through the gap, something strong and metallic.
Magni didn't seem to register any pain. "As I have said, the power of the Techmarines is more than you can handle. Through all my training, I've slowly been replacing my body with the strongest technology in the universe. My body is currently precisely 65.4% cybernetic, technology created to withstand dozens of bolt rounds, and any number of attacks from primitive weapons such as yours. Your weapons are useless, your energy is spent. Why don't you just surrender before you die?"

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 18:04 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998662
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
"This isn't good..." A bead of sweat dripped down Aria's forehead.

"Aria, it's no use! I'm not one for forfeits, but you don't stand a chance! Your power level is starting to plummet, and he's not even warmed up!" Goten shouted out, starting to grow concerned for his fellow competitor.

"I.." Aria gritted her teeth, before the sword dropped from her hand and she dropped to her knees. "I.. d-damn it..." Aria stood up, cheeks burning red, and spit right into Magni's face.

She picked up her sword and promptly walked across the ring, before jumping off the edge and landing on the ground.

"And there you have it! The winner via ring out is Magni!"

The crowd, utterly unimpressed, booed.

Guy117 Posted: 18:15 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998667
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
Fraus was carefully analyzing Magni's armor the whole match looking to find a way to penetrate. In case he went up against Magni. With a small smirk he prepared for the next fight. He seems to have gotten an idea.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 18:15 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998669
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Magni didn't seem to register any of the calls from the crowd, not really caring if they were for him or not. He took a moment to wipe the spit from his helmet. "Wise choice," he said. He stood, placing his sword and bolter back onto his armor before making his way back towards the competitors' room.

"Well, that was surprisingly bloodless," Hiei mused. "I'll have to make up for it in my match."

Fan, meanwhile, flung the data slate to the side in anger. She felt her face redden in embarrassment. Goten had the chance to finish her, but showed her mercy. Again she found herself in a position that no assassin should ever find themselves in: owing a debt to someone of their life. This had only happened to Fan two other times in her life, and she wondered how long this would continue on. "Damn it all..." she growled.

dark_wolf_33 Posted: 18:24 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998674
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
+
Meanwhile, Aria worked her way back up to the balcony. Goten greeted her.

"Oh, hey Aria. Don't worry, you'll get 'em nex--"
"Shut up, you over-muscled freak."

At that, she walked off, obviously very perturbed. Meanwhile, the announcer was readying the next match.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we're not even getting started yet! This next match is... Hiei versus Cydran versus Fraus! We're not sure all of them are here right now... but hopefully at least two are! Come on down!"

Guy117 Posted: 18:33 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998678
Guy117
Big Ghey
+
I guess it's my turn...

He disappears and reappears above the stadium and his landing sends a small shock wave through the whole stadium

So where are my opponents?

He looks around the stadium, patiently waiting.

(You made a woopsie. It's Fraus.)

« Last edited by Guy117 on May 3rd 2011 »
imaloony8.0 Posted: 18:37 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998687
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
Hiei dashed down to the ring in the blink of an eye. He glanced Fraus over. "You're my opponent? Please, I could get a better workout fighting Goki." Hiei threw off his dark cloak, revealing a white undershirt, and a pair of black pants. A sword sat at his hip.

Guy117 Posted: 18:42 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998690
Guy117
Big Ghey
+
You have a fire in your soul! You will make a great challenge.

He takes out a large scroll with pictures of all of his weapons. In the middle he has his best weapon, Viridis.

I'll use the best.

A sword that reaches from his feet to his waist appears. It pulsates with a dark green light and gives off very strange energy never seen in this world.

I hope that you will show no mercy as well.
imaloony8.0 Posted: 18:46 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998692
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
((Use quotation marks plzkthx? It's hard to tell what you're saying and what you're doing.
And Wolfy, I think we should skip Shadow. He hasn't been on in nearly a month, I think he forgot about this.))

"A fire in my soul? Good guess," Hiei mused.

Guy117 Posted: 18:54 May03 2011 Post ID: 2998695
Guy117
Big Ghey
+
(OK no prob)

"Words won't mean much soon enough."

He patiently waits for the announcer.
Displaying Page 4 of 17
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 15 | 16 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close