Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Football (soccer) General Discussion Thread - Any & All League-based competitions.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Volke Posted: 09:16 Apr17 2011 Post ID: 2991623
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
bowow said:Yeah Liverpool will return to there former glory soon, King Kenny+New Owners+Two superstar strikers= Atleast another Euro Cup. They'll focus on clearing the debt first, I have no doubt that Dalglish has a shopping list for the next window.

Chelsea will probably be begging Mourinho to come back by the end of the season.
Arsenal need a few great signings to be a real threat. Its surprised me that Arsenal we're not interested in signing Torres, no doubt Wegner will try sign Reina again.
Man City need to stop splashing the cash and start trying to work with what they have.
Tottenham are most likely going be the underdogs, and Volke I agree with you about the whole Redknapp thing.

I'd love to see Nottingham Forest get the promotion this season.

Being a Liverpool hater (and a Scouse-accent despiser - there's nothing worse to hear than a thick-sounding Scouse chav arguing with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend on phone, except hearing them both do it in person - nothing personal if you're a Scouse, though), I hope everything backfire, but it's looking less like happening.

The problem is, Arsenal probably won't make those signings. Previously, I would have thought Torres would have been a great player for Arsenal, especially if paired with RVP up front, but considering Torres' current form, I'm happy he's stayed away. The Reina thing is usually over-hyped by the media, but I doubt Wenger will make a move for Reina this summer (despite what the tabloids will try to tell you) due to Wojchiech Szczesny's breakthrough.

I think Man City will do what they always have done - remain at top flight for a few years, get into a crapload of debt, disappear, and then resurface a decade later to do it all over again.

Nottingham Forest, eh? Would be an interesting one. They were essentially a top flight team during the early years of the Premier League (early 90s).
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
bowow Posted: 00:53 Apr18 2011 Post ID: 2991868
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
I'm not scouse and I actually like the Scouse accent, but seeing as its you Volke I'll let you off.

I said I would like them to be in the Premier because it would be interesting to see how they cope, who they buy/sell. Because if my sources are correct they're in abit of debt for a Champions League team.

That was a shocker with Liverpool against Arsenal, I know which City I'll be supporting in the FA Cup final. ;D

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
Volke Posted: 05:08 Apr18 2011 Post ID: 2991901
Volke
Executioner
+
bowow said:I'm not scouse and I actually like the Scouse accent, but seeing as its you Volke I'll let you off.

I said I would like them to be in the Premier because it would be interesting to see how they cope, who they buy/sell. Because if my sources are correct they're in abit of debt for a Champions League team.

That was a shocker with Liverpool against Arsenal, I know which City I'll be supporting in the FA Cup final. ;D

To be perfectly honest, I hope Man City are going to be screwed over by debt. I don't like them one bit, and they often play incredibly boring football, unless their opponents are a team who force them out of their own half. If they do get screwed over by debt, though, I'd like to see Yaya Toure come to Arsenal.

For a Liverpool fan, it was a shocker. For an Arsenal fan, it was something expected. This current Arsenal team is brilliant at finding new ways to ridiculously throw away points.

I want Stoke to win. Even though I also hate Stoke (being that they're a team who don't really know if they're playing football or rugby), I want them to win because they're not a top flight team that will benefit from the mental boost created by winning a trophy.
bowow Posted: 09:21 Apr18 2011 Post ID: 2991980
bowow
The Lizard King
+
If Mancini can't win the FA cup now him being sacked would be to good for him, I'm hoping Stoke don't win cause I just know after they win the title they'll think that they're the best team in the world and can take on anyone.

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
Volke Posted: 04:50 Apr19 2011 Post ID: 2992439
Volke
Executioner
+
bowow said:If Mancini can't win the FA cup now him being sacked would be to good for him, I'm hoping Stoke don't win cause I just know after they win the title they'll think that they're the best team in the world and can take on anyone.

Man City would too, though, and they'll benefit more from the confidence boost.
bowow Posted: 05:21 Apr19 2011 Post ID: 2992441
bowow
The Lizard King
+
Volke said:
bowow said:If Mancini can't win the FA cup now him being sacked would be to good for him, I'm hoping Stoke don't win cause I just know after they win the title they'll think that they're the best team in the world and can take on anyone.

Man City would too, though, and they'll benefit more from the confidence boost.

Yeah, but I wouldn't have to listen to the Man City fans bragging all the time. Alls Man City need is a good manager come in and sort everything out.

sphynxx Posted: 21:48 Apr28 2011 Post ID: 2996722
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
~unpinning thread. This one has the potential to survive without a sticky

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
bowow Posted: 16:56 May09 2011 Post ID: 3000358
bowow
The Lizard King
+
Nice to know it has the potential Sphynxx. :P

So Man Utd beat Chelsea 2-1, Stoke City beat Arsenal 3-1 :O and Liverpool beat Fulham 5-2. :D

geezerguy Posted: 17:04 May09 2011 Post ID: 3000371
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
The awkward moment when Arsenal can beat United but not Stoke.

I hate being an Arsenal supporter.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
sphynxx Posted: 17:08 May09 2011 Post ID: 3000376
sphynxx
+
My mates'll be happy that Liverpool can win a game now & then haha

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

geezerguy Posted: 17:17 May09 2011 Post ID: 3000382
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Haha.

I reckon Liverpool will do well next season, with Saurez, Carrol, Kuyt, Maxi, Gerrard, etc. Looking good I think.
sphynxx Posted: 17:34 May09 2011 Post ID: 3000387
sphynxx
+
Well, you'd have thought they'd have done better than they had the past few seasons xD

geezerguy Posted: 17:37 May09 2011 Post ID: 3000390
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
To be fair Torres was playing terrible, Gerrard couldn't do much if Torres was playing bad, and the manager was too scared to not play Torres. :P Kenny's doing a good job though.

They've done well this season to come back from mid-table to fifth, I think. I think next season it'll be the traditional top 4 back (Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool). Unless Man City get a decent manager. Or Tottenham get a proper World Class striker.
sphynxx Posted: 17:50 May09 2011 Post ID: 3000396
sphynxx
+
You can't blame one player for the failure of the entire team. If Torres wasn't playing as well as he could, then those around him should've stepped up. They didn't. xD

bowow Posted: 05:22 May10 2011 Post ID: 3000565
bowow
The Lizard King
+
Because they had a poor manager, all those players Lukie plus hopefully alot more, if Liverpool don't sign Eden Hazard then....

Lukie I was gutted Arsenal got beat. ;_;

Volke Posted: 10:54 May10 2011 Post ID: 3000616
Volke
Executioner
+
geezerguy said:The awkward moment when Arsenal can beat United but not Stoke.

I hate being an Arsenal supporter.

You beat me to it. They're an absolute embarrassment these days.

sphynxx said:You can't blame one player for the failure of the entire team. If Torres wasn't playing as well as he could, then those around him should've stepped up. They didn't. xD

That's the problem. People who blame the manager are just the ones that can't accept that they players just weren't performing well enough altogether...not just Torres, either.
geezerguy Posted: 11:10 May10 2011 Post ID: 3000621
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Tbh the team was based around Torres and and Gerrard - The rest of the team just wern't good enough to do well.. But now they have some better players.

And so was I Kyle. ._. Apparently Arsenal are after Hazard, as well.. He's a quality young player but we just don't need a bloody player in that position. BUY A GOALKEEPER AND A STRIKER THAT ISN'T CONSTANTLY INJURED.
superblobby Posted: 14:30 May11 2011 Post ID: 3001011
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
Much respect has to go to Chelsea this season for almost hiking back the 18 point deficit they once had.. But this seasons enthralling stuff is coming at the bottom of the table, looking forward to a repeat of 04/05 relegation day...

As for my team, Brighton and Hove, we had an insane season and took League 1 by storm, moving into a new stadium 'The Amex' after 12 difficult year at 'The Withdean'. Give us 3 years and we'll be the new Fulham.
England; time setters for the entire world.
geezerguy Posted: 14:32 May11 2011 Post ID: 3001013
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Mmmm, Chelsea have done well. At the expense of Arsenal..

Good luck with your prophecy about B&H, Rob ;)

And yeah, the relegation battle.. Will probably be the current bottom 3, I think. (Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham) Unfortunately.. I'd rather Blackpool and West Ham stay up, with Blackburn and Birmingham going down. God I hate those clubs.

Blackpool were doing really were at the beginning of the season, played some good attacking football. Not so good defensively though haha XD

... Much like Arsenal >_<

« Last edited by geezerguy on May 11th 2011 »
Volke Posted: 14:56 May11 2011 Post ID: 3001021
Volke
Executioner
+
Yeah, Arsenal need at least a good backup striker for when RVP is out injured. Bendtner can be good but isn't always reliable enough. Chamakh had two decent months at the start of the season and then went terrible...I don't rate him much at all. Vela...well, he can barely make an impact on a team battling relegation, so I doubt he'll ever get very far.

Of course there are also the defensive issues but I don't really need to mention those.

I hope Blackpool don't go down. I like them and it would be nice to see them stay up. Personally, I hate Stoke more than anyone else outside of the big clubs (I'd class Tottenham as a big club these days) and would like to see them go down, but that obviously won't happen as they've done quite well this season. It is very intriguing as to what's going on at the bottom.

Methinks next season as going to be very interesting at the top of the table. ManU, Chelsea, ManCity, Tottenham and Liverpool will definitely invest, meaning if Arsenal don't invest then things might go horribly wrong very quickly. It'll be very tight, I reckon.
Displaying Page 2 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close