Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Football (soccer) General Discussion Thread - Any & All League-based competitions.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
danzx Posted: 14:18 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022516
danzx
Post Likes: 0
+
I think people usually just call them "Spurs", rather than "the Spurs" :P

Gareth Bale is pretty decent, though from what I saw of him, he didn't deserve the PFA Players' Player of the Year award.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
geezerguy Posted: 15:32 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022589
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
danzx said:I think people usually just call them "Spurs", rather than "the Spurs" :P

Gareth Bale is pretty decent, though from what I saw of him, he didn't deserve the PFA Players' Player of the Year award.

Totally agree, he puts in about 3 good performances and he's suddenly god's gift. Should have gone to Nani tbh
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
danzx Posted: 17:35 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022623
danzx
+
Agreed. Even within Spurs, Modric was far better than him over the course of the season.

geezerguy Posted: 20:46 Jun17 2011 Post ID: 3022755
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
danzx said:Agreed. Even within Spurs, Modric was far better than him over the course of the season.

True, but Tottenham may be saying bye-bye to Modric now ;) Haha.
Volke Posted: 04:19 Jun18 2011 Post ID: 3022881
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Nani? There's no way that arrogant censored should ever receive any kind of individual award, simply because he's a complete censored.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about Spurs. They spend one season in the Champions League, and suddenly they become media darlings, and Twitchy is the greatest manager that ever lived. And then Spurs fans talk about how great they are because they got further in the Champions League than Arsenal, enhanced by the media calling it some sort of 'great Spurs Champions League adventure'. Oh please! They droned through on a bunch of scabby 1-0 and 2-0/2-1 results and got completely ***-raped by the first decent team they came up against. Arsenal, however, got knocked out by the best team in the world, who also won the Champions League in the end. Arsenal even beat them in the first leg, and Barcalona were so terrified over losing that, in the second leg, they had to bribe the referee to send off Robin Van Persie for the most ridiculous of reasons.

In my opinion, Gareth Bale was injured too often to receive the PFA Player of the Year. I agree with danzx - if a Spud was going to get it it should have been Modric. I hope the rumours are true and he does leave Spurs...just not to another English club, please.
danzx Posted: 09:22 Jun18 2011 Post ID: 3022954
danzx
+
Van Persie should definitely not have been sent off, but in all fairness, Barcelona probably would have won anyway. You do wonder, though, what would have happened had Van Persie been on the end of Wilshere's pass at the end of that match.

Nani is extremely arrogant, but he was one of the best players in the Premier League this season, and was a lot better than Bale.

Volke Posted: 09:33 Jun18 2011 Post ID: 3022971
Volke
Executioner
+
danzx said:Van Persie should definitely not have been sent off, but in all fairness, Barcelona probably would have won anyway. You do wonder, though, what would have happened had Van Persie been on the end of Wilshere's pass at the end of that match.

Nani is extremely arrogant, but he was one of the best players in the Premier League this season, and was a lot better than Bale.

Well, when Van Persie was sent off, it was 1-1, 3-2 on aggregate. Both sides had an away goal. Everything was to play for. Being a man down is just too much against Barcalona, particularly when the man sent off is a very much in-form striker. Wouldn't surprise me if RVP would have slotted that ball right into the net though, especially considering the great form he was in during the second half of Arsenal's season. I'm not saying Arsenal would have won the overall tie, but they went out very unfairly.

He was. I just hate it when the likes of him win individual awards. It's like that attitude is being promoted.
danzx Posted: 09:44 Jun18 2011 Post ID: 3022979
danzx
+
I agree. It was unfair, and I was actually rather upset that they went out in that fashion, especially considering how they played in the first leg. They deserved better.

geezerguy Posted: 17:04 Jun18 2011 Post ID: 3023174
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
OH don't get me started on RVP's sending off. I remember me and my two mates were watching it together and we all went absolutely mental when it happened. It was absolutely terrible. ._.

Another thing that p*ssed me off about that game is that fans of other teams are like "Hahaha you didn't even get a shot on target the whole match!" Or some crap.. When we didn't even play a striker for half of the game? That really gets on my nerves XD

About Nani, yeah I agree he's a tw*t but he had a great season.

On an unrelated note, what do you think about the highly likely signing of Gervinho, from Lille to Arsenal?
danzx Posted: 15:59 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023567
danzx
+
Yes, I heard about that recently. To be honest, I haven't really seen him play, but he seems like he could be all right. Looking at the stats though, he had a really good season at Lille.

What happened to Hazard, by the way? Wasn't he the one that everyone wanted from Lille?

geezerguy Posted: 16:32 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023578
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
danzx said:Yes, I heard about that recently. To be honest, I haven't really seen him play, but he seems like he could be all right. Looking at the stats though, he had a really good season at Lille.

What happened to Hazard, by the way? Wasn't he the one that everyone wanted from Lille?

Yeah he looks pretty decent, and will be a welcome addition. Especially if Nasri or Arshavin leave.

And I was thinking this as well. Hazard > Gervinho, and that's probably why Lille are selling the latter.
danzx Posted: 17:04 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023597
danzx
+
I don't think Nasri will leave, though I could be wrong. Arshavin looks ineffective most of the time, and I think Gervinho would be an improvement. Well, from the YouTube clips I just watched, anyway.

geezerguy Posted: 17:13 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023601
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
danzx said:I don't think Nasri will leave, though I could be wrong. Arshavin looks ineffective most of the time, and I think Gervinho would be an improvement. Well, from the YouTube clips I just watched, anyway.

Heh hopefully not, but he STILL hasn't signed a new contract. :/ But Arshavin also said he wanted to stay, and said he was 99% sure he is.

Haha yeah the youtube clips of him are pretty awesome.
danzx Posted: 17:20 Jun19 2011 Post ID: 3023608
danzx
+
Are United actually interested in Nasri, or are all the links just because of Evra's comments?

Volke Posted: 14:43 Jun20 2011 Post ID: 3023972
Volke
Executioner
+
Probably due to Evra's comments.

Gervinho seems to be a good player. Hopefully he'll be able to adapt well to English football.

The only problem is that, during the middle of the season, he's going to miss a bunch of games due to the Africa Cup of Nations, which is a huge problem, especially if his country has a good side that is likely to go far in the competition. That's two of our attacking options (the other being Chamakh, but he's useless so I don't really care about him) away during a crucial part of the season for a tournament nobody in this part of the world gives even the slightest crap about. Africa should just listen to FIFA and do what they've been asked to do for years - move the tournament into June/July.
geezerguy Posted: 16:09 Jun20 2011 Post ID: 3024023
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
Volke said:Probably due to Evra's comments.

Gervinho seems to be a good player. Hopefully he'll be able to adapt well to English football.

The only problem is that, during the middle of the season, he's going to miss a bunch of games due to the Africa Cup of Nations, which is a huge problem, especially if his country has a good side that is likely to go far in the competition. That's two of our attacking options (the other being Chamakh, but he's useless so I don't really care about him) away during a crucial part of the season for a tournament nobody in this part of the world gives even the slightest crap about. Africa should just listen to FIFA and do what they've been asked to do for years - move the tournament into June/July.

Ah that does suck. Ivory Coast will probably go pretty far as well, they're a pertty decent side. D:

With Chamakh and Gervinho gone then, and Bendtner possibly leaving.. We'd be pretty screwed.
Volke Posted: 05:15 Jun21 2011 Post ID: 3024233
Volke
Executioner
+
^Bendtner's said he's going to leave. While I think that opinions of him are more negative than they should be due to his attitude, I think he's come as far as he can go with us. Vela may well be on his way out, too, although I really don't think we'll be able to notice the difference when it comes to him.

That leaves the usually ineffective Chamakh as RVP's primary back up. That's nowhere near good enough.

It also looks like Fabregas will be staying. Barcelona won't offer anything more than 30 million Euros, and don't believe he's worth more than 40 million Euros. Both statements are an insult to the man's talent. While last season was far from his best, that doesn't mean his worth has gone down. If Andy Carroll can be sold for �35 million, the equivilant of about 65 million Euros, then Fabregas should be worth �60 million (pounds, not Euros) at least.

If this keeps up, Barcalona will never have him. Which suits me fine.
danzx Posted: 15:30 Jun21 2011 Post ID: 3024489
danzx
+
Well, unless he starts getting stroppy because he didn't get Barcelona.

Also, Fabregas is worth between 30 and 40 million imo. Andy Carroll's sale doesn't reflect his true worth, and we all know that prices for English players are inflated. In all fairness, he should probably be with less than 10, if you look at how much Ozil cost.

geezerguy Posted: 16:32 Jun22 2011 Post ID: 3025019
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
+
I still can't believe how much Liverpool paid for Carroll tbh. XD

And yeah Fabregas looks to be staying, and even if it is just for one more season at least it gives time for Ramsey to get back to his best, and for Wilshere to prove himself further. But Barcelona are a complete joke tbh, Cesc is worth AT LEAST �40 Million. Nothing less. I have no idea how they can't see that..

If I was Fabregas I'd feel pretty sh*tty about the comments Barcelona made about him, and wouldn't WANT to go back.
danzx Posted: 17:04 Jun22 2011 Post ID: 3025035
danzx
+
I honestly just don't see why losing Fabregas would be THAT big a deal. Yes, he IS a fantastic player but he would much rather be at Barcelona, and you can see that on the pitch, especially last season. It will give Arsenal a chance to start over again, because the Fabregas "era" hasn't been particularly successful anyway. In any case, when Fabregas was injured, Nasri did fantastically in his position, and, with a little more consistency, could become an Arsenal great.

Also, Andr� Villas-Boas has been confirmed as Chelsea's manager. How do you think that will turn out? Do you think he'll be anywhere near as effective as Mourinho was?

« Last edited by danzx on Jun 22nd 2011 »

Displaying Page 5 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close