Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Foreign language songs that rock!

Moderators for this forum: sphynxx
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 09:58 Apr13 2011 Post ID: 2990170
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
Post Likes: 97
+
Well do you know any foreign songs that rock? The actual reason why I made this topic is so I can share these songs:

Soldaatvolk by Foto Na Dans:
Spoiler:
click to reveal

The music video might be a bit wild, but if you know what the lyrics mean you'll know that the song is actually a protest against what they're doing on the video by portraying the wrongs of a modern society.

Lisa Se Klavier by The Parlotones
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Just skip to 0:41. There is some commentary throughout the song but I couldn't find a better version. A South African classic remade by South Africa's favourite band.

These are both Afrikaans songs although The Parlotones are an English band so they sing in a strange accent. So who has some cool foreign language songs they want to share?

« Last edited by BURNOUTFREAK on Apr 13th 2011 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted: 11:02 Apr13 2011 Post ID: 2990192
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Pretty much every single band I listen to is foreign, because I don't listen to any bands from Wales.

Just look up anything by Sonata Arctica, Alestorm, Muse, Sentenced, Nightwish, Millencolin, The Offspring etc.

« Last edited by Volke on Apr 13th 2011 »
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 11:30 Apr13 2011 Post ID: 2990200
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
BURNOUTFREAK said:So who has some cool foreign language songs they want to share?
Volke Posted: 13:26 Apr13 2011 Post ID: 2990297
Volke
Executioner
+
I generally take the topic title and the first sentence as the content, and only 'foreign' popped up in both.

Technically, the national language of Wales is Welsh, so all of the above mentioned bands sing in a 'foreign language'.
BURNOUTFREAK Posted: 14:03 Apr13 2011 Post ID: 2990321
BURNOUTFREAK
edgy
+
OMF Volke Brick Wall What I meant was not English, like foreign to the western civilization. The songs I posted was from my own country, not foreign to me, but it's foreign to the English speaking people of SC. Get it now? I'd be uber happy if you posted a Welsh band.

BTW I checked and English and Welsh is Wales' main languages, so those aren't even foreign to you.
dx_hbk Posted: 15:44 Apr13 2011 Post ID: 2990363
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
Orphaned Land is pretty awesome. They sing in 3 diffrent languages being hebrew , Arabic and english.

here are some of there songs =p.

Other then that i sometimes listen to japanese music thanks to vasco =p.

« Last edited by dx_hbk on Apr 13th 2011 »

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

sphynxx Posted: 18:09 Apr13 2011 Post ID: 2990428
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
BURNOUTFREAK said:OMF Volke Brick Wall What I meant was not English, like foreign to the western civilization. The songs I posted was from my own country, not foreign to me, but it's foreign to the English speaking people of SC. Get it now? I'd be uber happy if you posted a Welsh band.

BTW I checked and English and Welsh is Wales' main languages, so those aren't even foreign to you.

Dude, chill out yeah? lol.

Eh, Rammstein is probably my favourite non-english speaking band.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Rawr Posted: 18:55 Apr13 2011 Post ID: 2990453
Rawr
Post Likes: 0
+
dx_hbk said:here are some of there songs =p.

Oh yum, sexy lighting and amazing camera quality ;O
Vasco said:Ooooooh, I remember you, person with an awesome name! Herro, again.

Forgoten_Scars said:Despite me not remembering who this guy is very well, I do hope he sticks around. I like the random and fun he brings. <3
Repner Posted: 01:20 Apr14 2011 Post ID: 2990553
Repner
+
BURNOUTFREAK said:OMF Volke Brick Wall What I meant was not English, like foreign to the western civilization. The songs I posted was from my own country, not foreign to me, but it's foreign to the English speaking people of SC. Get it now? I'd be uber happy if you posted a Welsh band.

There are going to be a lot of SC members whose first language isn't English. I would change the title to "Non-English language songs that rock!" (Oh, and implying the whole of the western hemisphere speaks English is just silly)

For non-English speaking bands, for those who want to hear something completely different from any other genre, there's Magma. They use their own language invented by the bands leader and drummer, Christian Vander. Though this is far from the only thing that make them unique. Their sound, branded "Zeuhl", is a very spiritual sounding mixture of jazz, choral, classical and prog rock

Another one I've been loving is the folk metal band Moonsorrow from Finland

Oh, and I am a huge Orphaned Land fan. Nice choice Thumbs Up

« Last edited by Repner on Apr 14th 2011 »
Volke Posted: 05:33 Apr14 2011 Post ID: 2990572
Volke
Executioner
+

But English is a foreign language to a large portion of western civilisation. English practically is Wales' main language, and only 25 percent of Welsh people can actually speak Welsh fluently (and I'm in the majority who can't).

Welsh bands? There are only four Welsh bands that I actually know of - Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, Lostprophets and The Blackout, none of which I recommend (the first two are boring, the second two are crappy screamo clones), and none of them sing in Welsh anyway.

Since you kindly edited the thread title, I may as well post a foreign language song. Here, try some Korpiklaani:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdgLR9RttZQ

Not all of their songs are in Finnish, but that one is. Another one you can try is Finntroll.
dx_hbk Posted: 13:08 Apr15 2011 Post ID: 2991028
dx_hbk
Skeptic
+
Repner said:Oh, and I am a huge Orphaned Land fan. Nice choice Thumbs Up

Ha thanks rep :D. I have only listened to 2 of there albums they are pretty awesome. I was also pretty shocked to find that Steven Wilson produced one of them.

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

Repner Posted: 15:01 Apr15 2011 Post ID: 2991033
Repner
+
dx_hbk said:
Repner said:Oh, and I am a huge Orphaned Land fan. Nice choice Thumbs Up

Ha thanks rep :D. I have only listened to 2 of there albums they are pretty awesome. I was also pretty shocked to find that Steven Wilson produced one of them.

Yah. I think he's got a second home in Tel Aviv or something
Jirachi X Posted: 02:19 Apr16 2011 Post ID: 2991268
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
Equilibrium goes here.

I'm gone - bye
Repner Posted: 08:37 Apr16 2011 Post ID: 2991297
Repner
+
Volke said:But English is a foreign language to a large portion of western civilisation.

Hehe. This is why I contributed Magma. They're foreign to EVERYONE Evil
GranTurismo Posted: 22:12 Apr17 2011 Post ID: 2991836
GranTurismo
Post Likes: 1
+

Yeah, Rammstein's probably the only one I know. Though the other song I know is Manu Chao by Les Wampas (French).

"The Ferrari-designed engine springs to life with a praiseworthy, deep rich voice that sends chills to the sensory portion of the brain. The message is loud and clear: this is gonna be great." -TheAutoChannel on the GranTurismo S
Crona Posted: 17:51 Aug24 2011 Post ID: 3056702
Crona
+
I definitely have to post the industrial band Acylum. Like most other industrial bands, they are from Germany but the difference is, they actually sing in German unlike a lot of other foreign bands I listen to.

Then there's Stahlnebel & Black Selket from Germany, with a dark/hard-hitting semi-rave song.

Warrior13 Posted: 10:23 Aug25 2011 Post ID: 3056879
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
I thought 99 Red Balloons in German was good.
Nic21 Posted: 10:58 Aug25 2011 Post ID: 3056885
Nic21
#holla
+
Warrior13 said:I thought 99 Red Balloons in German was good.

Agreed! I'll give this more thought later. Can't think of any other foreign laguage songs I've ever listened to right now..
Credit to .Impact for this good lookin' guy right here<3

Shadowcheater Posted: 08:59 Aug28 2011 Post ID: 3057727
Shadowcheater
Mr. Tambourine Man
Post Likes: 1
+
My favourites are definitely 50s and 60s stuff.

Nessuno by Mina

Bunyi Gitar by P. Ramlee

Selamat Hari Raya by Saloma

Tanggal 31 by Sudirman

Comedy group Senario songs:
Spoiler:
click to reveal

Enter the doors of PXE!

"Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the Fire."
Xeta Posted: 14:20 Sep01 2011 Post ID: 3058704
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+

ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close