Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Iphone 4 or 4s?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

ShadowsTM Posted: 13:02 Nov28 2011 Post ID: 3080616
ShadowsTM
Post Likes: 0
+
I'm going to replace my HTC Wildfire S very soon with an iphone. I'm wondering which of the two I should get, It should be obvious to say the newer one, but is the extra �120 worth the extra features?

Jordan

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Keyblade21 Posted: 16:47 Nov28 2011 Post ID: 3080649
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
Basically all you get is Siri, and usually with all technological stuff, speaking commands usually never works out right >_>

I got an iPhone 4 instead of 4s and i'm pretty happy with it. All in all, it's had a WAY longer battery life than my Droid did. All in all, it's up to what you prefer. Apparently the 4s is faster and has a better camera and stuff. Save yourself some money and just go with the iPhone 4. (The iPhone 4 is pretty fast as it is, i doubt they could make it faster)

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
RJ Fighter Posted: 20:21 Dec12 2011 Post ID: 3082706
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
Post Likes: 5
+
The iPhone 4S also has a better antenna (two antennas, actually), which is a pretty important feature considering it's a phone. Dropping calls was one of the main issues with the original iPhone 4 just because of the antenna placement, which has been fixed in the 4S (it switches between the two antennas depending on which one has a stronger signal.)

« Last edited by RJ Fighter on Dec 12th 2011 »
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:07 Dec15 2011 Post ID: 3082959
ShadowsTM
+
I went with the 4s in the end aha, Couldnt resist'

Jordan

tbug2007 Posted: 08:14 Dec30 2011 Post ID: 3084846
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
Everyone seems to think the fact the 4S has two cores means it has more (possibly double) processing power, so they go with the 4S because of that.

However, the 4S has .8ghZ. The 4 also has .8ghZ. Granted, two cores has its advantages, but .8 is still .8.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
RJ Fighter Posted: 13:54 Dec30 2011 Post ID: 3084880
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
+
Clock speed doesn't mean anything when you're comparing two entirely different processors with different amounts of cores. It's comparing apples and oranges. Would you really take a Pentium 4 clocked at 3 GHz over a Phenom X4 9550 (a quad core) at 2.2? A one lane highway going fast might be efficient, but it's not going to be as efficient as a two lane highway, because that's still two highways evening the load versus one. Clock speeds mean nothing unless you're comparing two of the exact same model processors (which in this case, you're not, because the Apple A5 isn't the Apple A4.) A dual core is going to be faster in every situation that allows multiple cores to work in tandem, which is going to be a large percentage of the time when you're developing for a proprietary and closed source device like the iPhone.

Here's some benchmarks for the iPhone 4S:

Kind of an obvious winner when you compare the 4S to the 4.

« Last edited by RJ Fighter on Dec 30th 2011 »
tbug2007 Posted: 21:18 Dec30 2011 Post ID: 3084926
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
Touche.

FILIP R POLICE
qwertyuio Posted: 22:35 Dec30 2011 Post ID: 3084931
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
^That's what we in the MLG community call getting freaking destroyed. xD

« Last edited by qwertyuio on Dec 30th 2011 »
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
RJ Fighter Posted: 22:41 Dec30 2011 Post ID: 3084933
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
+
I wasn't actually aware the 4S even had a dual core until he brought the subject up. I don't have one myself, so I just kind of glanced over the features when it first came out and missed that part.

qwertyuio Posted: 22:48 Dec30 2011 Post ID: 3084934
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
Yeah I'm a big fan of the phone myself. I went early on the morning of the release to pick one up for my mom, and I'll be getting one in April when my contract expires.
RJ Fighter Posted: 22:49 Dec30 2011 Post ID: 3084935
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
+
I might pick up the iPod version if it ever comes out. Too cheap for a smartphone, so I just delegate most of my portable tasks to my Touch 3GS and keep my cheap cell phone around for calls.

tbug2007 Posted: 05:36 Dec31 2011 Post ID: 3084981
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
That's pretty much what I do. I have a Droid now, but even with it I keep my iPod around for some of the apps, and just because it's smaller.

And Filip, are you looking for efficiency or control? Because the iPhone is more smooth and polished, but an Android has MUCH more flexibility and can be heavily customized (including third party applications).

So you might wanna consider the alternative instead of just jumping on a fanwagon. ;o

And no, I'm not as (apparently) stupid about software. xD

« Last edited by tbug2007 on Dec 31st 2011 »

FILIP R POLICE
qwertyuio Posted: 16:18 Dec31 2011 Post ID: 3085042
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
+
Oh no believe me I've considered every alternative. I used to be totally anti-apple, but its grown on me. I've taken closer looks at the statistics and whatnot. As RJ has shown, the iPhone 4S seems to be the top working phone. You talk about third part software and customizability - but I think you'll find that a jailbroken iphone has the same amount if not more homebrew abilities then any Android. ;)

Hell at one point I turned my itouch into an Android.

« Last edited by qwertyuio on Dec 31st 2011 »
tbug2007 Posted: 14:46 Jan03 2012 Post ID: 3085494
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
Mmm, it may function similarly, but not exactly. You don't even need to jailbreak an Android to get it to function similar (again, not exactly) like an iPhone.

Rooted or jailbroken anything can do everything. The difference is whether you screw up or not; you'll either have a $200 paperweight, or you'll have a $700 paperweight.

In my opinion, if you're going to get an expensive smartphone, consider the Galaxy Nexus. Just came out. Better screen resolution (1280x760 vs 960x640), larger screen (4.6" vs 3.5"), nearly identical ppi (315 vs 330, unnoticeable by the human eye), twice the RAM (1024MB vs 512MB), more powerful processor (both dual core, 1.2GHz vs .8GHz), longer core battery life (18hr talk/12 days standby vs 14hr talk/8 day stanby. CORE battery life. With memory intensive apps or movies and such, both stink.), lighter, despite being larger, and faster data. Oh, and its voice assistant equals (if not betters) Siri. Especially since Google has such an incredible word bank to adapt to using YouTube. Does Siri? No. It is impressive and works well, but a lot of the Siri hype is marketing.

I'm not anti-Apple either. I really do like iPhones. They're amazing products, and I love my iPod Touch. But, I love how free and customizable Android phones are withOUT having to root or jailbreak or kill any warranties. The main problem with Androids is that they have a learning curve; you cannot simply pick one up and start using it like an iPhone. If you do, within a month your battery life will suck, your phone will run slow as dirt, and you won't have any form of real efficiency in anything. Anybody who does these "three day comparisons," unless they've previously owned both kinds of phones, has no idea what they're talking about. Basically, when you buy an iPhone, you're buying a ready-to-run piece of machinery that runs great, functions properly and doesn't crash often. The downside is limited personalization, unless you want to jailbreak it. With an Android, you buy the basic foundation, and you have to pick all your options and spend a little while tweaking and personalizing the phone before it becomes a great phone. Once you make
the phone yours, it's absolutely amazing.

tl;dr, scale of 1-10.

Let's say iPhones are an 8. You can't change much. They tend to stay 8s.

Let's say an Android starts at a 3 or 4. You can easily make a slow, crappy 1 or 2. But if you actually take time, have patience, and enjoy customizing, you can just as easily match iPhone's 8, or go beyond 8.

« Last edited by tbug2007 on Jan 3rd 2012 »

FILIP R POLICE
Sherwin Posted: 22:56 May28 2012 Post ID: 3115338
Sherwin
+
choosing 4 or 4s is like choosing between twitter or facebook. Both are good but one has an advantage which is MODERNITY.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 23:03 May28 2012 Post ID: 3115343
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
My bot senses are tingling.
Keyblade21 Posted: 01:37 Jun02 2012 Post ID: 3116645
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
Apple is an okay company, but seeing the new android phones, and the updates they've made since i had one makes my opinion sway. I'd say that Android is way better than an iPhone.

One of the main problems is that Apple wants too much control over the products, where as the Android phones are easy to customize and offer more options. Android, in my opinion is way better.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
SomeWhere Posted: 07:22 Jun15 2012 Post ID: 3120295
SomeWhere
+
iPhone is getting extremely outdated. The only thing that comes upgraded with it that they are still a few years ahead in is screen technology.
Also, benchmarks don't mean a thing. It's how you use the phone as a daily driver, and benchmarks often give confusing results, so don't even bother trusting those CPU benchmarks. An apple A5 CPU acts really differently rather than Samsung's Exynious processors or the Snapdragon used in alot of HTC's phones I belive.
Also, I do belive Apples A5 processors don't use the duo cores as two cores in the system, that one core is dedicated to run background applications and so on, so forth. It's not used entirely within the system, so therefore benchmarks on the Apple's CPU is also very misleading.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
spencerharry80 Posted: 01:34 Jan08 2013 Post ID: 3196886
spencerharry80
Forum GuestMember
+
I would prefer you to go for iPhone 4S instead of iPhone 4 as I am using 4S since one year and have faced no trouble or issues with it till date.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close