Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Whats Christmas again?0_o

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 12:33 Dec05 2011 Post ID: 3081773
Cervantes De Leon
Post Likes: 0
+
TestVirus101 said:But in that case they would create NEW songs which fit with the term "Happy Holidays" rather than do what you suggested.

Unfortunately, I doubt they would try to write new Christmas themed songs. What with the Christmas charts are filled with nothing but talent show winners who's covers are completely unrelated to Christmas nowadays.

That and the general outrage that would come with many Christmas classics no longer being played at Christmas. I, for example, would find it a less cheerful Christmas without these classic Christmas songs being played at Christmas.

*Didn't use the word "Christmas" enough*

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
lonesome.sparrow Posted: 12:40 Dec05 2011 Post ID: 3081776
lonesome.sparrow
+
"If it ain't makin' me money, ain't worth doin' it."
Hm.
K Dawg Posted: 13:05 Dec15 2011 Post ID: 3082978
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
They're afraid of offending the ones who do not believe, and it's ridiculous! If you don't believe fine, the whole world shouldn't alter around your religion. This makes me more upset every year. Ill never forget a teacher of mine some time ago saying I cant show a Christmas movie because it may offend some. Simple solution if you don't believe and it offends you, don't watch it or ignore it.

« Last edited by K Dawg on Dec 15th 2011 »

^ Credit goes to ozzo
RJ Fighter Posted: 15:07 Dec15 2011 Post ID: 3082980
RJ Fighter
Super Mod Alumni
Post Likes: 5
+
People have been doing this for years, it's nothing really new. The people who don't like it will keep doing what they do and the people that do will continue what they do. There really isn't any point in trying to prevent popular vocabulary from evolving one way or another.
XFeralTSDX Posted: 12:50 Dec28 2011 Post ID: 3084629
XFeralTSDX
+
I know this is just a joke, but I'll reply anyways with a serious attempt to explain it.

Businesses and well--the government, want to be correct and well mannered. Before it was "Happy Holidays" the other religions would be offended. It's like assuming if someone was Christian when he's Jewish. That person could get annoyed by the constant "Merry Christmas" and probably thought of saying ""Happy Hanukkah." Obviously, NO. They would stick with Christmas, instead...
They would do "Happy Holidays!"
My Pokemon White FC: 3482 6470 6079
sphynxx Posted: 13:13 Dec28 2011 Post ID: 3084631
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
K Dawg said:the whole world shouldn't alter around your religion.

Oh the irony.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Yogi_Bear Posted: 10:16 Jan02 2012 Post ID: 3085312
Yogi_Bear
+
There's no reason for people to be offended by this. The people that don't celebrate Christmas cannot expect their religious ceremony to be noted primarily in a Christian dominated country, just as a Christian living in a Muslim country shouldn't expect the culture to be saying "Merry Christmas" and promoting Christmas sales and such.
Thanks Craizen

Proc^^
++Pixel Euphoria
Displaying Page 3 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close