Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

SuperCheats Times Guidelines

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
sphynxx Posted: 04:50 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105860
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Jay_Dee said:If this is all common sense, then I'd say it's needed.
Humans tend to lack in the 'common sense' part of life, these days...

I'm sorry, but it's NOT needed. Not in the slightest. Find me 10 examples, within the past year when someone, who was a regular poster, who wasn't just here to troll, who falls into the category covered by the main crux of these rules; Don't post if you're not going to congratulate.

Do that, then I might just believe a thread for that rubbish is needed here.

It all boils down to; Why on earth do people want to be congratulated about wasting time on the internet anyway? Are their lives that so depressingly dull that they need to seek out praise from faceless, nameless nobodies on the 'net?

If you want congratulations on the internet, do so expecting the negative side too. You can't have it one way or the other. To pretend otherwise is nothing short of foolish.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Vicar Posted: 12:38 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105962
Vicar
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 0
+
If seeking praise for accomplishments on SuperCheats is pointless, then the entire SuperCheats Times forum might as well be archived. The primary focus of SCT is the newsletter, which is no longer being written. The secondary purpose is to provide the member body with updates on your most recent milestone.

Rich said:SuperCheats Times - A forum dedicated to our members, here you can make annoucements about your achievements, have your questions about the site answered and find out a little more about what is going on, from a members point of view.

Until Rich says this isn't a family friendly site, there won't be a negative side. As Nikki said - You're free to joke, but don't push it into a flame war.

On a personal note, I prefer there be a thread like this. Not to state rules, but to give people a clear idea of what they should post in this forum. To a new member, you really wouldn't have any idea what 'SuperCheats Times' is for. Keep any rules simple, and make sure anybody will know what to do here.

That's not to say we couldn't live without the thread. It might be a bit more confusing to a new member without a guidelines/description thread, but I'm sure they could just look through other topics and find out what they should do.

In the end, I don't really care what everyone decides to do.
Axionas Posted: 12:55 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105965
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
I say yay, couldn't hurt to Have them like this.
Glaceon Posted: 13:09 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105967
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
I agree. There's no harm in this thread being here.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
balthiersbit Posted: 14:39 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105971
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
But as Volke and myself said they need to be admin approved, especially seeing as when I said I was going to do rewrites Crossy demanded that they be passed by him first. So if I have to pass them by the other Admins you do too. AND especially when I pointed this out at the start of the topic and it was ignored.

The idea of these things is to have personalised rules in which some are really required. It means that the actual general rules are fewer and simpler to read. Over the years, Mods have become rather delusional when it came to rules and basically tailor made them to ensure less work for themselves and tighter control.

For example: Oh no, I noticed that people keep referring to FG posts bumping up post counts (which on all accounts is true). That is annoying so I will make a rule against it and then just put a link referring to the rules, warn the member/delete or close the topic.

This rule really doesn't need to be here as if you do come here to announce that you have gone up 1k in posts in a week and have spent 24hours a day on FG you are going to get a roasting for it by some of the members that have spent years accumulating 5k worth of posts without barely touching FG. So come on duh!

Example: Please dont make topics for a 800 postcount or a 1300, keep it to 1k, 2k, 3k etc etc.

This is stops people really cheating their way in points especially during competitions etc. And is one of those rules that shouldnt be marked as rules but as tips on how to post in this forum.
Maybe all these separate rule threads could be changed to tips on how to post in each forum, advise rather than rules. Cookies to anyone who could be faffed to read all this.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Glaceon Posted: 15:14 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105976
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
Nonono, I understand the whole Admin needs to approve thing.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Jay_Dee Posted: 15:51 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3105982
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
I was only joking, sphynxx. Just felt like pointing out the lack of common sense in many human beings. xD

I don't see any problem with having these. If they're pinned, who cares. Nobody will look at it if they don't want to. It doesn't -hurt- anything to have them there, and there's a possibility that it could help.

Of course, it'd need to be approved, like others have said. But as for the actual... value of the thread, I see no problem with having it pinned here. Like I said, it doesn't hurt anything.
sphynxx Posted: 23:52 Apr08 2012 Post ID: 3106057
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
I know you were joking. I just chose to respond to your post using it as a benchmark :D

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Xeta Posted: 01:06 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106071
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
aww but i like saying how meaningless some's sc accomplishment it
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Jay_Dee Posted: 14:14 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106232
Jay_Dee
+
sphynxx said:I know you were joking. I just chose to respond to your post using it as a benchmark :D

Oh. Well. Glad I can be USED and TOSSED ASIDE. All for you.
Vicar Posted: 17:29 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106269
Vicar
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
Geezerguy banned for 1 month after Root Admin approval.
Jay_Dee Posted: 18:22 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106298
Jay_Dee
+
His comment -was- deleted, and no reason was even given for it.
I don't remember seeing anything in it that would have warranted it getting deleted.
It was rude, like most of his posts, but it wasn't... aggressive. Or insulting.
Vicar Posted: 18:30 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106299
Vicar
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
JD - a personal request. Try to stick to the topic and avoid the subject of the ban. I can just see it baiting drama, and that's the last thing this place needs. If you want to discuss it, please, by all means, take it up with anyone you want over PM, IM, or whatever else you want. I would just like to avoid anymore bickering, if at all possible.
Jay_Dee Posted: 18:37 Apr09 2012 Post ID: 3106300
Jay_Dee
+
Sure. Of course.
ozzo Posted: 09:17 Apr10 2012 Post ID: 3106509
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
Vicar said:JD - a personal request. Try to stick to the topic and avoid the subject of the ban. I can just see it baiting drama, and that's the last thing this place needs. If you want to discuss it, please, by all means, take it up with anyone you want over PM, IM, or whatever else you want. I would just like to avoid anymore bickering, if at all possible.

you brought it up

Jay_Dee Posted: 16:30 Apr10 2012 Post ID: 3106565
Jay_Dee
+
ozzo said:you brought it up

My thoughts exactly.
It's not like he couldn't have kept it between him, Lukie, and the root admins. He had to post it to the public that he was banning Lukie.
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close