Down to Quick Reply

Post ID: 3109515 Posted at: 29-Apr-2012 19:57:12
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
First things first,
RULES
1. Do not change the story, plot, or anything really suddenly without warning. Go with the flow of the story.
2. Be creative but stay within the limits. Meaning don't add something new that doesn't fit the story at all.
3. Do not kill off main characters. Well actually you can but as far as plot twists and all that goes just remember to go with the flow of the story and all that.
4. If you wish to add a main character to the story. Like if they meet someone in your chapter and they decided he/she will join them then please create a character bio similar to the writers at the beginning. ((Why have character bios? Well no one but you are gonna know what a character is like unless you give them a bit of an explaination. it makes it easier to write about that character with some background on them))
5. If you are going to write the next chapter please make a post to alert everyone, then edit it later with the new chapter.
6. Follow SC rules. No going overboard with sexual content, profanity, or violence. Along with this if you do have any sexual content, profanity, excessive violence in your chapters please put a small warning in.
7. As stated above, no sudden plot changes, so kinda spanning off that no sudden genre changes. Example turning a Sci-Fi into a Romance.
8. Characters... as this is a story written by multiple people it is understandable that many characters will be present. Limitations may be placed if necessary. Minor characters may be added in for small parts, bio still necessary.
9. A time-limit will be placed on anyone taking up a chapter, when you post to give everyone notice you will be doing the next chapter you have two days to put it up. If you would like an extension just need to ask but if after two days you have not given notice your right to write the chapter will be forfiet.
Any mods, Smods, or admins wanna change or add rules would be good. Those are just the ones I think are good. if this does go well then we need rules.

Good now that that is done here's for the actual story, it is alot of information so bear with me.
HISTORY
Spoiler:
click to reveal

SCHOOL
Spoiler:
click to reveal

ABILITIES
Spoiler:
click to reveal

CHARACTERS
Spoiler:
click to reveal

FACTIONS
Spoiler:
click to reveal

UPDATES
6/21/13
Added in a general school schedule for most students under the School Section. Also updated the Chronos Gears section with some more information on 'Banned' Gears.

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Send me a message! Be happy to help you out if you wanna join in but are unsure about anything.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay so I tried my best not to give too much info on some of these things so you guys could get creative. Also as far as characters go I am giving you guys some time to think of any characters you want to create before we actually start this. I am thinking of starting maybe tomorrow.

Also as for how this is gonna go, I write chapter one and you guys read it. Whoever wants to write chapter two makes a post then later they will edit that post with chapter 2. Also I would like for this to be without an collaboration amongst eachother.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
+
Reply Add Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Post ID: 3110051 Posted at: 02-May-2012 15:13:56
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Sorry meant to have this up last night but was a bit busy.

Prologue

Summer break had once again come to an end and students from all over were returning to the school. Most students came by boat, small cruise-like ships that set sail from various different ports around the world, while some of the richer ones came by helicopter or plane. The village was full of old and new students, some just visiting among their friends, others looking around the village, and even more taking up the long walk up to the school itself. Teachers were everywhere helping students get to where they needed to be. It was an hour or two before noon, at which all new students had to be present in the school for orientation and all returning students had to be in the Arenas for a short assembly regarding the new year.

Inside the school itself were the student council members, a group of about thirty of the most skillful, intelligent, and prestigious students, who were helping prepare for orientation. Talking and planning amongst themselves about the sorting event, which would be used to decide which year each of the new students would be put into. Majority of newer students were put into first year but there were a decent few that already had enough skill to skip a year. They had already decided it would be some sort of team event but from there they hadn't been able to get any specifics and were still debating amongst themselves.

Within the massive auditorium of the school both the Principal and Vice-Principal were also at work on the orientation's introduction and lecture part. Setting down the basic rules for all the students and giving them all the basic information they needed to know.

Slowly time crept by until only half an hour remained before both all students needed to be at their assigned locations for whatever they would be listening to, orientation or assembly. The auditorium quickly became packed leaving only a few open seats here and there while at the Arenas it became crowded leaving only spots in the back.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

Like most of the other students Axel had come by boat and when he arrived at the island the first thing he did was explore the village. He was disappointed when his exploration was cut short by a warning for all students that have not already made it to their designated places to hurry up. He knew he would be able to explore more later but he disliked the thought of sitting through the orientation, and who knew how long and boring that would be. Nevertheless he started off towards the school following the map he got. He quickly glanced at his watch and hurried up, from what he had heard the walk was quite long and he didn't have much time. Reluctantly he picked up his speed and began a steady jog.

Not too far ahead of him was another girl who had lost her map and was wandering around quite aimlessly, she quickly became panicked. She didn't want to be late on the first day and miss all the important information that they were bound to talk about. And then she would seem like one of the dumbest kids when she didn't know what everyone else was talking about. She stopped where she was and started looking around, no longer paying too much attention to what was before her due to her increasingly negative thoughts.

Axel slowed down as he reached the Park area which was stunningly beautiful. He shook his head and glanced back at his watch. It was 11:45 already, alarmed at ow little time he had he took up a fast sprint and only seconds later barrelled right into something. He went flying and landed quite hardly on the ground and stayed there for a few seconds unmoving before finally pulling himself up to a sitting position. He found himself staring at another person, a girl, who was also lying on the ground. It took him a little while to figure out she was what he hit, frantically he got to his feet and moved over to her.

"Hey are you alright?!"
"Yeah..." She pushed herself up and looked around, "what happened?"
"Um, well I'm really sorry but I was panicked cause I was gonna be late probably so I started sprintning and I wasn't watching where I was going. I am sorry."
"Oh... it's okay. Ah!" The girl quickly jumped to her feet and checked to make sure nothing of hers was on the ground. "I'm gonna be late!"
"Crap! I forgot, your new here?"
"Yeah but I'm kinda lost."
"It's okay I know where to go but we should probably hurry." Axel quickly got to his feet and grabbed her hand then hurried off towards the school, dragging her along with him.

Finally the two of them managed to make it, at the doors there were a few teachers who helped them into the auditorium. They managed to find seats in the far left corner. Once seated and calmed down Axel checked his watch again, it was 11:58.

"Just in time."
"Thank goodness. Um, who are you by the way?'
"Huh? Oh, sorry, I am Axel, Axel Grimnom." he held out his hand towards her.
"Pleasure to meet you Axel, I am Lexi Marqi." She took his hand and gave him her best smile.

At the front of the auditoirum, on the stage, a middle aged man walked up to the podium. The lights went off except for the ones over the stage. The man stood and waited patiently for the students to quiet down.

"It is my honor to welcome all you to Regalius Private School for Users and humans alike. I am Mr. Solarius, the Vice-Principal, and I am pleased to be able to familiarize you with your new home for the next year and get to know all of you." Behind him a large screen came down and on it was projected an image of the island. "Now as many of you probably know already, this is a private island that was created for this school. It is seperated into multiple different areas, each meant for different things. At the northern most part is located the schooling areas, in which you will learn math, sciences, geography, and many other things you would in any other school. Slightly below it would be the dorms. The dorms are set up on each side of the island, the western side is for the male dorms and the eastern for the female dorms. From there they are seperated again by what year you are in, the northern most ones are for the upperclassmen while the southern nes for the lowerclassmen." The image changed to an enhanced and zoomed in picture of the dorms, from an aerial view. The dorms were located at the thinnest part of the island, around each dorm was a little piece of nature. The dorms were each very different, the higher year you were in the more rich and prestigious they were. In between the two sets of dorms was a large paved and tiles area with a massive fountain in the center. The image changed again to a large wilderness view with a few small buildings near the out edges. "The Arenas, meant for combat learning. Next, and quite similiar to the Arenas, would be the Parks which are meant for relaxation. Finally you have the Village, a nice town with many different shops for your enjoyment."

The screen was raised up and the man stepped back as a young girl crossed the stage, she looked to be around 16 or 17. She reached the podium, turned and bowed to the Vice-Principal then turned back.

"Hello, I am the Student Council President and it is my pleasure to be able to meet all of you and help sort you into years. Now how we do this is simple, you will be organized into groups based on who you are sitting near. From there you will be sent out into a portion of the Arenas meant for capture the flag. Your objective is simple, get a flag. They will be located in many different places, many requiring you to use your skills to obtain, your head, or your fists. Basically a flag will be out of reach and require you to get to it, it will be hidden in a puzzle, or guarded." She let the words sink in before continuing. "Now if you would please make your way outside, the teachers will assist you and put you into your groups."

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
+
Post ID: 3110095 Posted at: 02-May-2012 21:50:17
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+

Chapter 2

Garm had been sitting in the back near where Axel and Lexi were directed by the teachers. He held the black sword bag in his right hand a little tighter, recognizing Axel. After getting off the ship and away from the others that had been on board, which had included Axel, the first thing he did was make his was to the auditorium, being one of the first to arrive. Garm wanted to see everyone come in, to try and figure out who was the strongest and who the weakest. Of course, he didn't learn much. After all, in Regalius, judging a book by its cover can mean instant death...or so it's been said.

Sitting in the back gives a great view, but I guess it means I've got to sit near the airheads and the ones with no sense of direction.

Garm Plasmal, as was an old habit of his, observed his peers cautiously, watching them all with the eyes of one who had been betrayed one time too many. His attention was grabbed when the student council president took the stage.

Not all that bad looking...probably stronger than everyone else though. Oh well, not why I'm here anyways.

"Hello, I am the Student Council President and it is my pleasure to be able to meet all of you and help sort you into years. Now how we do this is simple, you will be organized into groups based on who you are sitting near. From there you will be sent out into a portion of the Arenas meant for capture the flag. Your objective is simple, get a flag. They will be located in many different places, many requiring you to use your skills to obtain, your head, or your fists. Basically a flag will be out of reach and require you to get to it, it will be hidden in a puzzle, or guarded." She let the words sink in before continuing. "Now if you would please make your way outside, the teachers will assist you and put you into your groups."

Hehe...maybe I can convince the teacher to let me go one versus all...bah, no, that's too much trouble. I just hope I'm not in the same group as those two last-minute arrivals.

Garm was in luck today. He was the last one called up for his group. They all had to introduce themselves, their distinction of human or User, and then their Chronos Gear or Ability. No bothering to remember anyone else's name, Garm gave a vague idea of what Masamune, the katana Chronos Gear inside the black sword bag slung over his left shoulder, does, not really wanting it to seem like he was as familiar with it already as he was. Garm had spent the entire journey on the ship going over every detail of the Chronos Gear after he managed to find a place to be alone. He didn't mention his two rings, Illusio and Obex, since he probably wasn't supposed to have three as a new student and all.

The teacher in charge of their group, a young man wearing khakis, a polo shirt, and hiking boots, led them away towards the arenas, with the next group, containing Lexi and Axel, not too far behind.

"You're in for a special treat today, just to let you know. It isn't often that the new students get to use the big arenas you know. There are even some upperclassmen acting as guards. It's pretty uncommon. A big honor."

Garm tuned out the teacher, as he knew several others in his group had done long ago, ignoring the man until they reached one of the arenas beside the beach. They were led into a large clearing surrounded by woods, boulders, and a cave in three directions.

This arena is indeed special.

Immediately everyone spotted the flag being guarded by six upperclassmen in the center of the clearing. Garm zeroed in on the one flag the others, either not willing to risk it or unsure of their own abilities, would not go for.

"You remember the rules the student council president gave earlier, right? To pass this test, you must get a flag by fighting against a guard-"
The teacher paused to motion towards the upperclassmen in the center,
"-solve a puzzle, or use your skills to obtain what is out of your reach. Now...BEGIN!"

The black sword bag hit the ground as Garm pulled the sheathed jet black katana out of it. The rest of the group began to split up and run into the woods, some for the cave, others the boulders, and the remainder simply scattered, leaving the boy holding the katana alone with six upperclassmen and a teacher.

"Child's play."

As soon as the sword left the sheath, it was game over. In under thirty seconds from the moment the sheath and the black blade separated, the six upperclassmen, all hit viciously on the bone joints and one with his left calf bleeding from a scratch given to him by Masamune, were sprawled on the ground, groaning.

"You stood no chance against a swordsman like me."

Garm takes the flag and walks over to the teacher, handing it to him for a moment while Garm was cleaning the small amount of blood off the katana blade and sheated it. Then Garm took the flag back, put the katana in the black sword bag, and sat down on a nearby boulder fragment to wait for the rest of the group to return. The teacher was too stunned to say anything. As were the upperclassmen, right before they passed out simultaneously.

It's good to be strong.

((For future use in interactions with the student council not involving the president. Not necessarily a major character, more of a minor one.
Name: Isana Quaret
Sex: Female
Hieght/Wieght: 5'7"/135 lbs
Appearance: Attractive red-head with blue eyes. Usually wears a long sleeve blouse, blue vest, and jeans, with a Student Council Member badge pinned to her vest above her left shoulder. Prefers combat boots to ordinary shoes.
Personality: Seven parts intimidation, two parts responsible, one part older sister-this is how many of her peers describe her. Though she has no younger siblings, she developed big sister-like habits when growing up with the orphaned Garm for several years. Even if it is a relative, however, she will show no mercy if someone gets in the way of her duties or her training. Despite her figure, she is also a glutton, and feeding her is an easy way to get her help in a matter. Very Loyal to the Student Council President.
Bio: Garm's cousin/older sister figure, though he hates to admit it. She is the daughter of one of the few Uncles of Garm's family who stole from him when he was orphaned in his youth. She is on Garm's father's side of the family, which was smaller, but had no need for wealth and no desire to steal from a child, resulting in Garm favoring them and going to live with them, which preserved what little assets he had left due to legal custody. She was the one who got Garm past the tragedy of losing both his parents and just about everything they left to him by coming up with the sword style idea and unintentionally fueling Garm's desire for revenge. Isana went to Regalius in order to find a way to get Garm off that path, since she feels responsible. After meeting and befriending the current Student Council President, she seems to be the best friend of the powerful girl. She now seeks to be strong enough to stop Garm after he graduates from Regalius with the help of her best friend. Currently serves as the Vice-President, but rumors are circulating that she might be replaced due to the somewhat increasingly hazardous nature of the job.
Type: (User or human) User
Chronos Gear/Ability: Tier five rank B Water elemental))

Chapter 3

It was a few minutes before the teacher said he could leave. Garm had begun to get impatient. He'd already been kind enough to use the back of his blade to knock the upperclassmen out, and had returned the katana to its black sword bag, which once more hung from his left shoulder. Garm didn't want to stick around for the others to gawk at him when they finally managed to return.

"S-so, just g-go back to the a-auditorium and wait for the grading results...it'll p-probably be a while, since it normally takes a lot longer...to, um, get the f-flag."

"You okay, Teach?"

"Perfectly fine, just a bit...surprised is all. You really startled me with that speed and...ruthlessness."

"That's what it takes to survive this world of ours, though, right?"

Garm immediately left the area, not caring about the fact that he'd likely bump into other students who might mistake him for a guard and try to take his flag away. He held the piece of cloth up. It was a classic rectangle shape, with black fabric primarily and a single while wolf silhouette in the center.

Suits me...

He somehow managed to pass through the arena area without conflict, finding himself in the parks instead. Looking around, Garm managed to get a general idea of where he was on the island. He began to head North, towards the school buildings, when he noticed an upperclassman, a woman with curly red hair and a radiating aura of strength. He didn't notice much else about her at first since he turned away from her after she glared at him from the corner of her eyes with somewhat intimidating blue eyes. Garm began to walk in the opposite direction of her, not caring where he was going, just wanting to avoid angering this girl at all costs.

Just like me, she came for power. I hope I don't get on that girl's bad side. Judging from that badge on her shoulder, I'd guess she's student council.

"Hey, you! You new here? Only reason you should be walking around with that flag. Or did you get scared of the new students and run away from your duties as an upperclassmen and decide to try and pretend to be a new guy?"

Phew...only talking to me because of her duties. That's good. Now, be polite. Have to be polite.
"I'm new. Really, I am. I finished a little bit ago, so I was told to head for the auditorium. As you can see, I got a bit lost."

"Name?"

"Garm Plasmal." The girl stiffened up a bit after hearing the name, then began to approach slowly with deliberate and cautious steps.

"Garm, huh...you seem pretty strong, Garm. Keep that up, you might just end up a candidate for Student Council."

"I'm only here to become stronger than I am now. I have no real interest in such things."

Garm began to walk away again, but this time the student council girl caught up to him, grabbing him by the shoulder and spinning him around. Suddenly, she looked very familiar.

"So, it is you...cousin."

Isana Quaret, a cousin from his father's side of the family, the one that didn't steal his inheritance. Unfortunately, it was also the part of the family with Users in it, like Isana, a tier 5 water elemental User.

Isana...not good.
"Long time no see. Can I go now? I'd rather like to get on with my school life. No offense."

Isana sighed loudly.

"Just keep the Student Council opportunity in mind, that's all I ask dear cousin. And two pieces of advice. One: get that flag tattooed on your back or your hands. It'll look cool. Two: Avoid keeping secrets from the Student Council President, if you know what I mean. I may not be smarter than you, but I noticed them. The rings. Go."

The red-headed girl let go of her cousin. They'd spent several years growing up together after Garm was orphaned, so she saw him more as a little brother than a cousin.

"Maybe we'll see each other again sometime soon."

"Not if you see me first."

Garm quickly headed North. He noticed several others beginning to exit their respective arenas, though he was clearly the first. Not a single one of them felt any rush to get back to the auditorium. Garm noticed that some of the other new students looked terrified, while others seemed to have gone at least partially insane. Though even among the ones who had succeeded already, the number of those cases was far and few between.

Just what kind of stuff was set to guard the other flags?!

Garm was the first to re-enter the auditorium. He took up his seat in the center of the furthest back row and folded his flag up carefully, tucking it into his sword bag for the time being. He carefully put the sword bag in front of him so the katana within was blade down and leaned it against his left shoulder, draping his left arm over it too. Garm had decided he'd take the tattoo advice. Though why he'd need to keep his rings a secret from the Student Council President, he didn't know. As time went on, students began to trickle back into the auditorium. Garm watched all of them find their friends, sit and gossip about the trials they had gone through to get their own unique flags. Garm just watched and waited for the results to be announced.

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
+
Post ID: 3112257 Posted at: 12-May-2012 21:09:04
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
Chapter 4

Axel and Lexi had been put into a small group with 4 others, 3 guys and a girl. After some quick introductions they headed off excitedly into the woods followed by a few other groups and a teacher. Axel suggested they part off away from some of the other groups which they did by heading a little southwest. Not too long after that they spotted a flag in a opening of the forest. It was lodged at the top of a pile of rocks, other than the rocks the surrounding area was empty.

"Uh? is it supposed to be this easy?" One of the other kids, the girl who was called Anne looked up at Axel.

"No. I would assume there is something guarding it or some type of puzzle with a trap system around it."
Would ya look at that? addressing me out of all of them. Guess I am leader material. Axel picked up a stick and threw it across the opening at to the flag, nothing happened.

"Alright well only way, by the looks of things, would be for one of us to make an attempt. May as well do this one myself." Axel took a step forward into the clearing, waited a few seconds then took another and another. Nothing had happened so he strode forward briskly and reached the pile in no time. Reaching out he grabbed the Flag and then he was standing right next to Lexi, looking back the Flag was still in the pile of rocks. "What?"

"What do you mean what? Why didn't you take it?" Anne looked at him angrily then stood up and walked over and took hold of the Flag. The moment her hand touched it her entire demeanor changed, she relaxed, let go and walked back. She stopped next to him stood for a few seconds then blinked and looked around confused.

"Guess this is gonna be a little harder than we first thought." It was the kid named Sam this time, he looked up at Anne then sat down.

They sat at the edge of the clearing thinking, taking turns coming up with plans and then trying them out. Eventually we gave up, walked across the clearing past the Flag and back into the forest again. Took up the search for another Flag. We walked through a few really torn up areas and one huge puzzle with sprung traps littered everywhere. After a few more minutes after that we saw a massive oak tree in the distance, at the top was clearly a Flag, and occasionally we could see another group struggling to reach it.

"Looks like fun?" Sam again, he started saying something else but stopped abruptly.

Another clearing in the woods, this time much larger. It opened up to a rocky mountainy area with a large collection of rocks scattered around. At the top of a large peculiar rock was another Flag. Axel stopped, stared, and wondered what kind of mystery guarded this one. He didn't need to wait long because Sam walked straight towards it and when he got 10 yards from it, the rock twitched. Sam jumped and shouted in surprise, the rock moved and got taller until it towered above Sam. Axel found himself staring up at a massive two-headed snake. And in the next second Sam panicked and attempted to retreat. But the snake lunged and in the blink of an eye Sam wasn't there anymore.

"SAM!!!" Anne ran forward, in her hands she held an axe which she held above her head and charge the two-headed snake with. A brave attempt but the snake just flicked it's tail and sent her flying against a large rock where she lay limply.

"No one move!" Axel shouted to the remainder of his group then drew out his Chronos Gear, placing it in gauntlet form on his left hand. "Everyone take out your gear and prepare to fight. I don't know what that is but I am positive it can die!"

Fortunately for Axel everyone listened. To his right Lexi took off her earring and turning it into a large longbow, to his immediate left was Jake who had a large war hammer which he could barely lift and next to him Aron had small dagger. Only Lexi looked at ease and familiar with her Gear, which was lucky because she had a long ranged weapon. Axel calmed down a little knowing this and looked up at the giant enemy they were facing. It hadn't moved an inch, telling Axel that it would do anything until they went for the flag, along with that it was massive. Easily was 4 or 5 feet thick and 20 to 30 feet long splitting into two heads 10 feet down. Both heads were diamond shaped but this didn't tell Axel much as he didn't know anything about snakes.

"Okay we can do this, Jake, Aron! I am gonna charge straight at it and distract both heads. Jake run to my left, Aron to my right and go around it and strike at the base. Just concentrate on avioding it's tail! Lexi whenever you can I want you to lodge an arrow into it's head, either one, and aim for the eyes!" Axel didn't wait, instead and ran straight at it. from the corners of his eyes he saw Aron and Jake were following his instructions.

He charged up his left hand with energy from the guantlet and immediately after the snake's first head reared to strike he extended his arm and fired. The energy ball flew straight at it and smashed into it directly, the entire head was knocked back and dazed. It moved around slowly for a few seconds, Axel saw three arrows lodge into it near one of it's eyes before it reacted. He jumped and rolled to the left, charge up a second blast, and fired again. A second direct hit and then two arrows in it's left eye. It freaked out for a few seconds, started moving around and flailing about. Then abruptly it straightened up and turned around. Apparently whatever Jake and Aron were doing was pissing it off. Axel didn't hesitate at all and ran straight up to it, he jumped with all his might and grappled with his gauntlet managing to latch on to the snake's neck. From there he quickly scaled up to it's head and hung on for his life as it flailed about angrily.

Eventually, after what seemed like hours, the flailing stopped. From his position Axel could see that both Aron and Jake had retreated back. Lexi was still firing arrows each one she managed to lodge into one of the heads, they seemed to be nothing more than little annoyances though. Gingerly Axel lifted his gauntlet and collected energy into it and forming it around the claws. The heads were pretty still so he took his chance and dug his left hand straight into the snake's head with as much strength as he could. The energy coated gauntlet, combined with his strength, easily pierced the snake's skull like butter; however in the next few seconds Axel was thrown from the head across the field and onto something squishy. The schreeching in the background disoriented him though the squishy thing was pushing him off itself. He snapped back into focus and jumped off the thing in panic then calmed down as the squishy thing was actually Jake.

"Sorry about that, here." Axel held out his hand and helped Jake up. Then the two of them along with Aron watched the screeching snake flail about in pain.

"Now that your off I can fire with alot more confidence, hopefully can get the thing to shut up after the next few shots." Lexi held switched around the bow so she was holding it horizontally. Then she gathered energy on the tip of the currrent arrow and aimed it. Gracefully she released it and loaded in another from the sheaf on her back, aimed, infused it with energy, and fire it all within a few seconds after the first.

The three boys watched in awe as both arrows met their marks, the first literaly blew off the screeching head and the second cleanly pierced through the second. The snake fell to the ground lifelessly and they stared at it for a few seconds.

"Well why don't we collect our reward... oh! Anne we should probably-"

Axel was cut off by some kid who looked to be about 16, in all black with a student council badge on his left sleeve, walking across the rocky area and up to the snake. he prodded it with his foot then walked around and pulled the flag from the rocks lodged in between where the snake's lower torso was wrapped around. The kid through the flag over at us and watched the snake's body combust in green flames which had started once the flag had been removed. The kid waited patiently until the snake was no more, only a few seconds as the flames had burned intensely, and picked up from the ashes a body. He walked over to us and plopped the body down at my feet. It was Sam.

"He was eaten and yes he is alive. Get the girl and head back, one of the last done. Of and while your on the way can you get that other flag, ya know the one you first tried to get. Don't worry the defense around it is off." Without another word the kid walked off.

They wasted no time in following his directions, Aron picked up Anne and Jake got Sam then we walked off back into the forest. It was a long walk until we reached the first clearing where Axel slowly walked towards the flag and tentatively grabbed at it. Nothing happened som he pulled it out and they continued out of the woods from where two teachers took Sam and Anne off to the infirmary. And Jake and Aron walked off back towards the school leaving Axel and Lexi to head back without them.

"What do you think was put around that Flag?" Lexi looked to Axel who seemed like some one to follow.
"Dunno, probably a seniors ability." Axel was liking how he was being treated.
"What about that giant snake, what was that?"
"Oh I heard about them, mutants are what they were called at my military school. Their actual name is chimeras, they are failed attempts to put Gears into living animals. Failed BioWeapons, one of the reason putting Chronos Gears into living things was illegalized, that and the incident where some sientist turned a few teenagers into puppets. Or something like that."
"Wait what happened?!"
"Don't know much but some scientist tried putting a Gear into a few humans. Terrible thing, most failed but he managed to make a few. I believe they are in the banned Gear list. Heard a rumor that someone at this school has two of them...."

Axel and lexi continued to talk to eachother and discuss the topic all the way back up to the school. Where when they reached it they gave their flag to a teacher and walked back to the auditorium where they saw the kid in black again.

"Sup... first-years. Imma assume that what ya got. Time is put in to where you are, you take along time and your sorted into a lower year..." The kid looked them up and down, Axel noticed his badge up close. It said, 'Student Council Member' underneath was the school's emblem emblazed on an image of a three-headed dog, below that, 'Cerebus'.

He left before they could ask any questions, though a group of seniors walked up and escorted Axel and Lexi into some seats with other students seemed rather nervous of him. In their seats Axel noticed that they were once again last, this time the auditorium was significantly less corwded though. The Student Council President waited a few more minutes before gathering everyone's attention.

"Congratulations, all of you! You have passed your test and will be sorted out. For those who didn't know that little event was a test meant to sort you into what year you will be placed, first, second, third, or fourth. Majority of you will be placed in first-year, as expected as you are just coming here and most likely have no fighting experience. Even those that do will still be placed in first year for various reasons. Only a select few will be placed in second year or above." She smiled then waved her arm behind her at which the curtain behind her rose up. Lined up behind it in rows was a small collection of the school staff and Student Council. "Here you see a few select and important members of your Student Council and some of the more prominent members of the school staff. We all officially welcome you to Regalius Academy and hope you enjoy your stay here! Now if you will head on out into the hallways and follow the teachers into the courtyard for some refreshments and a chance to meet the Council and staff."

+
Post ID: 3112376 Posted at: 13-May-2012 17:27:20
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((If there is an issue with my description of the Student Council President, Night, give me what you wanted and I'll edit.))

Chapter Five

As the last people to arrive were actually guided in, Garm took a quick estimated head-count. He noticed that the last two to arrive were the last two to get to the orientation too.

Them again, huh? Well, at least they survived. Now then, what do we do next...wait for instructions, results, what?

Then the Student Council President walked on stage, and Garm knew that she would give them their instructions. She just stood there for a few minutes though, her eyes scanning the crowd. Garm got the feeling she was doing a quick head-count like he had been, and got a bit uncomfortable when her eyes lingered on him for a bit longer than the rest. His cousin's offer about the Student Council echoed in his mind until she moved on with her head-count. The Student Council President waited a few more minutes before gathering everyone's attention.

"Congratulations, all of you! You have passed your test and will be sorted out. For those who didn't know that little event was a test meant to sort you into what year you will be placed, first, second, third, or fourth. Majority of you will be placed in first-year, as expected as you are just coming here and most likely have no fighting experience. Even those that do will still be placed in first year for various reasons. Only a select few will be placed in second year or above." She smiled then waved her arm behind her at which the curtain behind her rose up. Lined up behind it in rows was a small collection of the school staff and Student Council. "Here you see a few select and important members of your Student Council and some of the more prominent members of the school staff. We all officially welcome you to Regalius Academy and hope you enjoy your stay here! Now if you will head on out into the hallways and follow the teachers into the courtyard for some refreshments and a chance to meet the Council and staff."

Garm immediately spotted Isana on the stage, looking rather unhappy and glaring at the guy next to her, who was returning her glare with equal hatred. Garm squinted a little bit and noticed there was some sort of image with a word under it other than Student Council Member. He figured they had some reason not to get along, but Garm could also tell that that guy was trouble, and strong at that.

"Please, come right this way students, this way."

After standing up and slinging his sword bag over his left shoulder, Garm was ushered out into a hall and followed the crowd, and could feel Axel and Lexi behind him, whispering to each other. It really bothered him, since he could actually hear them after a few seconds. They were talking about the black sword bag he had slung over his left shoulder. He started to walk a bit faster.

"H-hey, wait a sec!"
Axel's voice, Garm could tell. He was tempted to use to crowd of people as cover and activate the ring on his left hand to make himself untraceable, but he held back. Someone would notice. So he slowed down and let them catch up.

"Can I help you, we...slow guy?"

Garm wanted to avoid provoking any fights until the matter involving placement and possibly being forced into the Student Council was settled.

"Slow...oh, yeah, we had a bit of a rough test. What about you?"
The girl with the earring, whom Garm had heard Axel call Lexi, elbowed him as the three walked down the hall.
"I mean, what's with the bag? Your Chronos Gear inside or something that you use to amp your power up?"

"I'm sorry if this question is...inappropriate or something, but we really want to know. I thought all Chronos Gear were disguised in easy to carry forms."
Lexi redeemed Axel's blunt curiosity in Garm's eyes. So, he decided to answer them.

"Katana don't shrink. And no, I won't take it out and let you see it."

Garm couldn't count the number of times he'd been asked that question on the boat trip. He was sick and tired of answering that question.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go meet up with someone."

"Girlfriend already attending or something?"

"My cousin."

Garm sped up and walked past the next clump of kids before the two could ask him anything else. Axel's personality irritated him, though he had no idea why. And Lexi was simply tolerable to him, though he would never say such things no matter how angry he got. He always kept his emotions in check. Garm was one of those unusually quiet and calm looking angry people with the smile that can make people surrender in fear. As he walked past more students, Garm noticed he was already becoming well known.

"Hey, isn't that the guy who..."
"Yeah, yeah, him! He took out a bunch of upperclassmen like it was nothing!"
"Wow, that guy must be really strong."
"Isn't he the first one to finish?"
"He probably got an offer to go straight to year four and join the Student Council or something. Maybe even a job offer. Who knows."

The rumors, though plausible in some cases, and absolutely true in others, just made Garm's mood worse. Finally, he emerged in the Courtyard, a magnificent garden-like area with round tables set with candles and a buffet of excellent looking food. The Courtyard itself was larger than the Auditorium. Student Council Members milled about with the staff and students who had arrived before Garm and it seemed he was one of the few who kept moving, not stopping to gawk at the beauty of the place, which even had a large multilevel fountain in the center, surrounded by a perfect flower garden.

Refreshments in the Courtyard...you mean a three course meal in an outdoor five star restaurant, right?

Garm almost immediately found himself caught between the Student Council Member who was decked out in black and his cousin, Isana, who seemed to be having an argument while being as polite and falsely happy as possible.

"Garm! There you are! Oh, right...this is the guy who finished first. My cousin, Garm."

"Though you treat me more like a little brother Isana. Nice to meet you...?"

Garm took note of the Cerberus on the guy's Student Council Badge.

"Cerberus. Just call me Cerberus."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Cerberus."

"He's just putting up a front Garm. Doesn't want the Pres to think badly of him."

"Aren't we all doing that, though?"

Cerberus bowed his head a little and walked away.

"Not very sociable, is he?"

"No. So, have you given it any thought? My offer."

"The way the President was speaking earlier, I didn't feel like I would be given a choice to join."

"Oh, of course you get to choose. You can choose to be on the great, incredibly talented Student Council, or continue isolating yourself and only talking to others when you have no choice."

Garm hadn't even heard her approach. He turned to his left and found himself face to face with the Student Council President. Something he had never expected to happen until after a badge was force into his hands. Her long black hair and rather normal black Regalius School Uniform, complete with the Student Council President badge on both of her shoulders, but not over her heart, and the correct length black skirt, Garm found her to look strangely adorable, but felt like he ought to fear her after one glancing second of eye contact with her piercing green eyes. He made it a mental priority to maintain eye contact when speaking to her in the future to avoid seeming intimidated.

"Pres, hey! Great work on stage. Sorry I couldn't stick around up there, but Cerbie said he wanted to talk to me about something."

"Oh, are things going alright between the two of you? Don't tell me...he confessed undying love to you, didn't he?!"

"No way, that couldn't possibly happen. That guy only ever talks about you. He has absolutely no interest in me other than discussing how great you are at your job and as a person."

Garm could tell this was a bit rehearsed, like an agreement between her and Cerberus about keeping the President from saying things that would cause unfortunate rumors to spread.

"So, who is this, Isa?"

"Oh, this is Garm, my cousin. Though, according to him, I treat him more like my little brother."

"A little brother that finished his test faster than you did."

"Yeah, a little brother who-oh, come on Pres, that isn't fair."

The President giggled a bit.

"So, Garm, as the first to finish, would you like to join the Student Council? I can say with confidence that since you're at least a year two student now, you certainly qualify with your level of skill and the obvious mastery of the sword you possess. And, might I add..."
The President leaned in a little and whispered this next bit.
"...those rings of yours seem quite interesting too. It would be a shame if the school were to find out you smuggled your parents' Chronos Gear onto the island without notifying them."
She leaned back away from him, a pleasant smile still present on her face. Garm was right to feel fear from looking into her eyes.

"I said I'd be bringing all of what I had left. That encompasses the katana, and the rings. I assumed the school was aware of them."

"They aren't, and they will remain unaware, so long as you play nice."

"So, this is how I'm being greeted, huh? I was going to accept anyways, but I figured you'd address them later on in the year, not now."

"I like to tackle problems head on. And you're not a problem, are you? No, you're someone I need in the Council. Besides, you should be honored. I don't normally blackmail people. Here. Don't put it on yet, wait until I make an announcement. Once I do, put it on. Keep it in yours sword bag until then."

She carefully handed him his Student Council Member badge, which he slipped into the sword bag's main pocket by swinging the sword bag off his shoulder and making it look like he was showing them the katana held within. Which he was, in truth. Two birds, one stone.

"This is my main weapon, Gear, whatever you want to call it. Amplifies all capabilities by ten. I named it Masamune."

"Interesting name. Well, I'd best get going. Have fun. Report to the Student Council Room tomorrow at 0800 hours. There'll be a coded map in your room. The key is the image on your flag. Come along Isa. We have work to do."

So that's why I should get it tattooed on my hands...

The President and Isana walked away into the growing crowd and Garm spotted Axel and Lexi entering as he slung the sword bag back over his shoulder. He slipped through the crowd to the refreshment table and grabbed a glass of water. Before he could slip through the crowd to a small table with one seat at it, someone bumped into him and slipped a small scrap of paper into his left hand, which was holding the strap of his sword bag as well. Garm chose not to react and simply walked through the chattering crowd nodding politely to some whom he recognized from the boat ride over, the ones who he had noticed as intelligent and talented individuals like himself, and knew why he wasn't supposed to wear the badge yet. It would make the other top students look bad since he had been recruited on day one. From the sound of things so far, most of the new students who got dragged into the Student Council got their badges after a month or so. The talented were grabbed the day after orientation. This badge was an acknowledgement of his pure skill and well-honed talent. He sat down at the small table for one and set his sword bag down between his legs carefully. He didn't want it to fall over with the badge inside and all.

Now, what does this paper say...

Garm opened the carefully folded paper and was rather shocked by the message within. It read: Congratulations and thank you joining the Student Council Mr. Plasmal. I look forward to seeing your work. ~Regalius Private School Principle

Well...didn't expect that...I figured it was that Cerberus guy, trying to warn me to stay away from the President or something. Wait...I never learned her name. Does she even have one though? Everyone seems to just call her 'Pres' or 'President'. Something worth investigating, I suppose.

Garm folded the paper up and put it in his pocket. He took a sip of his water and held his sword bag tightly with his left hand.

"Things have certainly gotten rather interesting around here..."

+
Post ID: 3117498 Posted at: 05-Jun-2012 22:31:58
1 : 2
Post Likes: 0
+
((don't know if this is up to par or how you like it, but if not let me know, I'll try something))

Chapter Six

"So you can speak French? As in... baguette-French?" Axel took his eyes off the blue sky overhead and the food laid out in front of him and turned his attention back to Lexi sitting on the seat beside him, at the same table. He thought of motioning to a basket of baguettes on the table next to theirs at the mention of the bread, but held back.
"Oui, monsieur Axel." Lexi replied, wrapping her index and middle finger around the straw of her own glass, which she had specifically requested for, looking into the refreshing drink inside. She hadn't sampled a quarter as much food as Axel had, but it had been stuffing enough for her. "Je suis etonne de votre appetit lourde..." she added.

"Not bad... Though it's all the same Greek to me." quipped Axel, glancing to the others around him once to see if there were anyone else he'd find interesting. Lexi had already been one of them, including Garm and that "Cerebus" guy.
"If you'd like me to, I can teach you a bit." said Lexi, playing around with some leftover vegetables on her plate. She picked a single green piece up with the fork she held and put it into her mouth, turning to face Axel again.
"Hah! Axel Grimnom? Speaking French? Never!" replied Axel cheerfully.
"French is the language of love, you know. It'd do wonders if you, say, wanted to find a date in here." stated the brunette, as if she was an expert in the matters of the heart.
"Oh yeah, I heard the kids here are from all over the globe, right?" Axel looked at the other residents of their table, but they mostly ignored him and Lexi, chatting in pairs mostly.
"Your point...?" Lexi tilted her head to the side a bit, taking a sip from her drink with a half-quizzical expression on her face.
"That means your language of smitten can't do much, then!" Axel leaned back and chuckled after a minuscule period of suspense, and his glass almost slipped out of his grip.

"Just you watch then. I'll get myself a nice date for the prom (if this school even has one, that is), and you'll be left reeling on the sidelines when the music starts." though Lexi's face leaked confidence, she was still her usual friendly self, evident in her tone.
"Yeah, well... I don't think that's the kind of thing we should be worried about now." he leaned over closer to Lexi's face and peered over her shoulder at a group of other students mingling, then turned around to look over his own shoulder. "We should be worried about staying safe right now, Lex. I mean, small fry in a pond full of people carrying their own weapons... And then there's those Users." he turned to her, peering into her emerald eyes.
"So you're saying.... you're scared, then?" she asked innocently.
"I mean, this place comes with the usual stuff the package of a school comes in. Bullies, thugs, perverts... The higher-ups from before didn't say anything about how to keep them from growing tails and horns. I haven't heard of any specific measures to keep Users from abusing their powers, either. Detention won't keep human torches from lighting other people's hair on fire." said Axel, leaning back against the backrest of his chair.

Lexi sighed, but it was almost non-existent against the background chatter. "Axel, the school's administration doesn't just pick kids from off the streets." she said that, but in truth she was worried too.
"I know, but still... We can't really read how a person really is like from the get-go can we? How were you enrolled in here, Lex?"
"That... well..." Lexi found her tongue going numb. She can't really tell Axel she ran away from home and her estranged parents, can she now? He had been so affectionately telling her about his family back in Ohio ten minutes ago. "...Hmm? Wow, looks like he's got an admirer already." she quickly changed topic, looking over to her left, across the crowd.
"Who?" Axel asked.
"The guy with the katana." Lexi motioned to Garm quite some distance away with her gaze, and it took some time for Axel to follow her. "He's reading some kind of small parchment in his hand." she added
"What- How can you possibly see that far away?" Axel asked bluntly.
"My Chrono Gear is a bow, remember? Why else would I pick it as my weapon of choice? I've got the eagle's eyes." Lexi declared. "Axel, I don't think there's be a reason we need to be so scared. We got to know the guy that took out a group of advanced upperclassmen in one blow. On our first day, too. That kind of flaunt can be useful." she added.
"...I don't like him, though. Did you see the way he talked to us earlier? He thinks he's all high and mighty and all, just because he's got a sword." Axel crossed his arms and retreated into his seat, definitely not feeling like eating anymore. He wondered what else would come after this. He's never passed through a meal like this before, so he had no idea or clue what it would entail. Maybe a show, he thought. Or karaoke? Let's hope not.

Lexi watched the boy settle into his seat, and giggled lightly. "Day one, and I've already found a friend. And he's probably found a rival, too." she thought. Axel noticed bits of her giggling and turned to her, arms still crossed.
"You know what? I don't think we need that kind of flaunt or whatever. We're pretty strong too, right? You're handier with the bow than anybody else I'd met up until now."
"Right." she replied. "And you're not half bad with your gauntlet."
"Yeah well, anyone who's in our way should watch out!" Axel declared, and as great as his spirit seemed to burn at that moment, Lexi couldn't help but giggle again. "What's so funny??" he asked her.

"It's your family name... It's just... Grimnom. It sounds like Grim. The Grim Reaper." Lexi said to him, wiping her eye. "I think that's a pretty good title for you, don't you think? Now all you need is a harvesting scythe." as she spoke, she can see Axel's face light up
"That..." but Axel couldn't finish when a black figure suddenly appeared behind their two seats, and its entrance seemed so sudden and ominous that everyone at the table stopped chatting and turned their heads, their eyes opened wide. He didn't know why, but Axel instinctively reached for his Chrono Gear in watch form, when the figure became more pronounced.

It was a young man, in his twenties, that looked to be of Asian origins. His hair was black and cut short, while his eyes were a hue of darkened blue that seemed as empty as his expression. That is, until he spotted Axel going for his Gear.
"Wait, wait, what are you doing? Slow down, do I look like a chimera to you?" the young man seemed to panic a bit, pleading at Axel to stand down with both hands, though his tone of voice still stayed soft and did not increase in loudness.
"Oh! Mister Strauss! Axel, cut it out! He's one of the teachers!" hissed Lexi.
"Him... a teacher...? But he looks like a student!" Axel lowered his arm.
"Can't say anything about that then. I get that a lot, actually." the young man formed a sincere smile at Axel after heaving a sigh of relief. To Axel, he looked funny. Jumpy and all sorts like that. He still doubted this Strauss was a teacher. "I'm Donovan Strauss, pleased to meet you students."

"Mr. Strauss, this is Axel Grimnom, my friend. Axel, he's one of the teachers that helped us with Anne and Sam at the infirmary, remember?" Lexi said to Axel.
"Huh? I... Well..."
"It's fine. You were pretty distraught at the time. Took down a two-headed snake, was it?" Donovan asked, turning to look at Lexi then turning to Axel. By that time the other students had already returned to their own company, leaving Axel and Lexi in conversation with the teacher alone. "Really great job, guys." he added. Donovan jutted out his thumb in a show of support with a lively smile. Axel's doubts and opinions about him seemed to vanish at that time. Donovan felt really warm and kind, and Axel was sure that's how Lexi felt too. She seemed to be showing a great heap of respect and gratitude towards Mr. Strauss despite the school sessions not even started yet.
"Uh... Well, thanks, Mr. Strauss." he flustered a bit
"I'm not that old, well not yet. Call me Donovan, guys. Don's fine too. Then again, you can call me 'head honcho' either." Donovan joked, keeping his elbows rested atop their two chairs still. "I'm in charge of teaching students how to properly control and expand the potency of their powers. For User students, that is." he added. "For human students, I teach you slick moves to use with your respective Gears, as well as learning how to use them to maximum effectiveness in a variety of situations. For both, I teach you guys physical education. So remember to pay attention, alright?" he continued smiling, then glanced behind him once.
"How do you know you'll be teaching us, Donovan?" Lexi asked.
"I haven't exactly been doing well in my promotion exams..." Donovan grinned guiltily, scratching his head. "I always get stuck with the first year students... Eheh... But that's not a problem, though. I'm actually happy, because I get to meet new talents like yourselves. I mean, it's a surprise you actually got put into first year..." he added. "Well, now that we got to know each other, I look forward to a great year helping you guys progress. I just came forward to tell you that your two friends are doing great recovering. It's thanks to their teammates. I should probably go find the other two. Jake Marcel and Aron Vargas, right?" he asked, to which the two nodded.
"Thanks, 'head honcho'." Axel slipped in another joke, watching Mr. Strauss let out a small chuckle and wave to them as he left and waded through the crowd and tables of the garden.

And for the first time since arriving on the island, Axel and Lexi actually look forward to their lives as students of the school.
"That's right... It wouldn't be that bad. It'll be great, with these two around." thought Axel and Lexi simultaneously, referring to each other and Mr. Strauss, and should they have had telepathy for their abilities, they would've known.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Donovan proceeded to free himself from the revel of the feasting students and had his hands tucked into his trouser pockets as he walked past a man dressed in a black suit. Despite his prominent appearance, most of it all the eye patch that covered his left eye, a veil seemed to be covering him, and he escaped the notice of the students.
"So...Have you delivered the Principle?s letter?" the man asked, keeping his arms crossed as he continued to watch the students.
Donovan let out a short snigger. "To tell the truth, it was hardly the letter, was it now? A note would be more suited." he replied, walking further away.
"I don't believe I need to remind you not to get smart, Strauss." spoke the suited man. "Especially not with anything regarding the Principle."

Donovan let out an amused smile. The suited man turned to Donovan as he walked away, angered at the latter's conduct.

"She will arrive on the island the day before first classes begin. The Principal wants her put in your class. For starters, at least. Don't try anything funny..." the suited man warned, to which Donovan halted his steps. "Hers could be the reason you hold the power you have now, along with the rest of us."

Donovan's smile grew.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Spoiler:
click to reveal

((if the characters are accepted, you're free to name the man and girl anything you like))

+
Post ID: 3117500 Posted at: 05-Jun-2012 22:49:29
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+

As he read, Garm felt the gaze of other focus on him specifically. He didn't react until after the attention shifted away from him. Then he crumpled the paper up and passed it to Isana when she came to let him know the announcement was coming soon.

"Some secret admirer?"

"Is the principal in my age range?" Sarcasm. The only way that sentence could go down without people looking twice at him. Not that he meant it anyways.

"Seriously? And you want me to burn this? This thing is worth a lot of money to certain students, you know? The principal has a pretty hardcore fan club. Don't know why though."

Before Garm could reply, the sound of a girl softly clearing her throat could be heard throughout the courtyard.

"Hello again everyone. I hope you are enjoying the food and the conversation here, and I hope you will continue to enjoy your days at this great school. As many of you seem to have heard, there were several students who performed above and beyond the expectations of every member of the staff and the Student Council during the test earlier today. I would like to welcome those individuals into the Student Council formally at this time. You may now put on your badges."

Garm fished his out of the sword bag and pinned it to his right shoulder, where it stuck like glue. He had no doubt all of his school uniforms had at least one badge on them now.

"I shall now read the names and accomplishment of each new member of the Student Council. Then, you may return to your food...for desert! Alright, first is a student many seem to be aware of already. Garm Plasmal, the man who defeated six upperclassmen in the blink of an eye. He is also an accomplished swordsman who combined two sword styles to make a new one. Moving on..."
And thus the Student Council President continued on, listing several other names, their flag stories, and things they never intended to share with anyone about their skill with their ability or Chronos Gear. Then the desert came out. Every desert you can imagine.

"I'm out before I get too fat. You coming?"

"Yeah, I want to get to the dorm before this becomes a big loud traffic jam."

Garm and Isana got up and started out, joined soon by the Student Council President and Cerberus, with the four making their way out to the dorms...

Garm is on the second floor of the male dorm, for now, in a single.

"Room 253...huh?"

He opened the plain green door to a small room with a single twin bed up against the far wall, a rather bland wooden desk, his luggage, and a wooden dresser filling most of the space. There was a private bathroom off to his right, a small one though. The room was connected to the central air conditioning system and had a nice, welcoming feel to it. There was plenty of space for personalizing the room, but until his year was finalized, he had no interest in claiming the space as his own. He didn't unpack either. After closing the door behind him, Garm just sat down on the bed, pulled out Masamune, his katana and a sharpening stone, and honed the blade for a while, thinking.

(Sorry to be so short, but I'm lower on time than I thought, so I'll end this chapter here.)
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

+
Post ID: 3122125 Posted at: 21-Jun-2012 10:16:12
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
After leaving Garm to his room Cerebus, the Student Council President, and Isana headed back towards the welcoming feast where they stopped in one of the doorways for a few seconds.

"Well Pres and Cerebus I think I will have a walk around and meet a few of the other students and get to know them. And I am sure that yout two have plenty of other important matters to discuss so I will leave you two alone to do so."

Winking mischievously, Isana gave a little wave and disappeared into the crowd. They both waited in silence for a few seconds before turning and walking down the hallway. They continued in silence navigating through the massive school's many hallways, rooms, and stairs finally arriving at a set of large double doors placed in the center of a rather long hallway. Above the doors read a sign, "Student Council". Cerebus stepped forward and opened the door for the President, letting her walk in first then follwing and closing the door afterwards.

They had stepped into a rather large room with many similarities to a government's meeting hall; semi-circle rows of tables in the center of the back wall set up in tiered seating. In the back two corners of the room were two single doors. The two headed for the one of the right by walking down a center aisle to the back then around the tables where once again Cerebus held open the door. This time they entered a rather small room conjioned to another, with a few steps leading up to it. The first room had many filing cabinets surrounding the walls and a desk placed a few from the back wall, directly in front of the door. Currently no one was seated their. Taking little notice they continued to the right up the small set of stairs and into the second slightly larger room. Which was somewhat similiar to the first with bookshelves neatly lining the walls all around and another desk placed in the center, though overall the room was a lot neater than the other.

"Majority are at the welcoming events, most are at the new students welcoming not sure why you wanna head down their, President."

Breaking the silence so suddenly the President looked a little startled but quickly regained her composure and chose not to answer him just yet. Instead she walked forward around the desk and moved the chair out of the way then crouched down. She was looking underneath the center of the desk at an ornament piece of wood which she pressed up firmly with her hand until she heard a soft click then turned it around and pulled it out. Now holding the wooden piece in the light one could see the Student Council's Coat of Arms etched onto it. She stood up and popped open the mouth of a small stone dragon's head and inserted it into the dragon's tongue then gave it a twist.

"Why they didn't just have it open with a simple pull of a book instead of something like this is still a mystery... Guess I will lead the way President."

Off to the President's left part of the bookshelf had popped out, Cerebus grabbed one of the shelves and pulled it back opening the bookshelf like a door and revealing a small set of stone steps which he went down followed by the President who closed the door. Unseen by them the dragon's head returned to it's normal closed position, hiding the wooden ornament connected to it's tongue, followed by the bookshelf which also closed entirely.

"It's better without the other few members here, I can talk a lot more freely around you."

Cerebus decided not to answer instead he decided they needed some light having finally reached the bottom. In the next instant to dark passage was illuminated by a small ball of fire he held in his hand which he used to navigate himself to the light switch. Once found he flipped it and exstinguished the fireball then waited a few seconds for the lights to actually turn on which they did after a few seconds of flickering.

"So do tell why you wanted to come down here President?"
"Can't I have some alone time with you? Huh, your no fun. I wanted to discuss some matters with you, ones I would rather not discuss in front og the others."
"Such as?"
"First and foremost would be selecting the new three members to be allowed down here, the others already have decided on Isana as one."
"Aren't you two best of friends? Don't see why she isn't allowed to gain admittence."
The president let out a sigh and rolled her eyes, "Friendship isn't something to take into account when deciding such things. She is a great person but... I just don't think she should be selected."
"Alright well you got my vote there anyone else you don't want in?"
"Nope. But moving on we need to discuss on how to deal with the other groups, being a new year they will surely be active."
"Already are some new girl is coming into the school, special I here. The other groups will be clamouring to get to her... I myself would love to meet her and... well you know."
"Wish I didn't. But I guess your right."

A smile crept onto his face, he did love being right but even more did he really want to meet that girl. The President took notice and was about to make a remark but was cut off by an unhuman shrieking sound that came from deeper within the underground chamber; instead she shuddered knowing what was making it and hating the very idea. Seeing this reaction Cerebus stopped smiling and once again created a fireball, though how he did it was still a mystery, and sent it flying down in the direction of the screaming.

"Thought you were used to the chimeras by now? Don't see how you aren't, ahh it has stopped now why don't we head back and have a talk with Morte?"

Silently agreeing she joined him and together they returned to the welcome feast for new students, which was nearly over. Cerebus left her alone to mingle with 'her' friends while he went to find Morte, only at this point did she realize that he outsmarted her and that those other things she wanted to get discussed would not be discussed. She had a feeling he had told the chimera to start in the first place.

((Well there ya are chapter something or other. Hope ya liked it!))

+
Post ID: 3122325 Posted at: 21-Jun-2012 22:36:58
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
(Penguin like. Gives me a chance to show off Garm's other two Chronos Gear. Thanks for the setup Night. By the way, that means I'm taking the next chapter.)

Chapter Nine

Garm quickly grew restless in his room, so he sheathed Masamune and decided to go for a walk.

I should probably check out the Student Council Room. Don't feel like dealing with people right now, so...

Garm activates the ring on his left ring finger, Lux, to erase all traces of his presence. The ring makes it impossible to detect him unless physical contact is made. If Masamune is drawn, the combined effects of the two Chronos Gear reach levels of paranormal phenomena. Add in Aegis, the force field generating ring on his right hand, and the three combined create a powerful force. There are risks and side effects to using the three at once, but two have little effect on him now due to extensive training. Rather than risk someone seeing him open the door while Lux was active, he jumped out the window. Garm left the sword bag on his bed, taking Masamune with him, carrying it in its sheath in his left hand.

"Now then, where do I go? School building I guess. Should have asked the Pres while I had a chance."

Garm enters the school building once more, wandering the halls a bit, eventually finding his way to the Student Council Room. As he reached the door, he noticed two figures at the other door. Cerberus and the President.

Now, what are they up to?

Garm follows them in, taking advantage of Lux to block the door so it gives the illusion of the door still being closed as he walks through it. Unnoticeable, Garm marveled at the official look of the Student Council Room. Then he realized the two he'd been tailing had gone for the door at the back of the room. Garm cautiously followed them. Since Lux made all things, even cameras, animals, security systems, sense ability users, sense Chronos Gear wielders, and even sixth senses couldn't detect him. Nothing was able to see through Lux, as far as Garm knew. Other than physical contact. Garm had to wait until the two left each room to enter it. By the time they reached the final room, Garm could barely hear them through the door.

"Majority...........welcoming events, most are...........welcoming.........head down there, President."

The rest of Cerberus' words were too hard to make out, but Garm heard a click and the sound of stone grinding...and then the sound of something heavy swinging, like it was on a hinge. A secret door. Leading down, maybe. Garm crept into the room after hearing the sound of the heavy thing that served a the door again. Assuming it was closed, he cracked open the door and peered in to make sure it was empty. He wasn't sure how long it would be empty though. He swept into the room, closing the door behind him. Garm searched the room for anything suspicious and found that on the bottom of the desk, a strange looking hole in the center of the bottom of the desk.

The click sound I guess. Maybe a hidden key disguised as wood. Then the stone grinding sound...must have been...maybe one of the stone dragon heads. Maybe the mouth opens up. Best not try it out or push my luck. Guess its time to head back to the main room.

Garm hadn't closed the door behind him more than a few seconds before Lux timed out. He hadn't used it often recently, so the time he could use it was limited. But, when he used it regularly, the time of use ws indefinite. A side effect of using a Chronos Gear customized for someone else. But the rings were his inheritance. He wasn't going to let anyone take them away or tamper with them. Then Cerberus and the President entered the main Student Council Room. The two didn't even notice him, despite Lux being deactivated. Rather than risk a confrontation with one of the two, Garm decided to head back to the dorms. Drawing Masamune and deactivating Lux once the cool down period was over, he swept through the hallways at high speed, passing by the courtyard like a ghost, leaving a sudden gust of wind in his wake, startling a few other new students leaving the party. He noticed the two who had asked him about Masamune earlier...Axel and Lexi.

Those two, huh?

Garm stopped outside the dorm and slipped off to the side to sheath Masamune and deactivate Lux out of sight. He didn't want anyone to notice him. However, he felt a pair of eyes watching him. Garm spun around to find a man with short blond hair, an untied tie, untucked white button up shirt, which wasn't even buttoned right; one side was one button lower than the other. He had a suit jacket draped around his shoulders like some kind soul had put it there because he was cold. And Garm realized that this man, despite appearances, was very powerful.

"Hello Garm. Sorry to surprise you like that. It's me, your secret admirer. I'm afraid you aren't in my age range though, so, alas, our relationship will bear no fruit! Okay, all jokes aside, I'm the Prinicipal, in case you haven't realized it yet."

"Based on your reputation, I expected you to look a bit more...refined. So forgive me for not really comprehending that."

The man laughed out loud, yet none of the students heading back to the dorms seemed to notice them.

"You're funny. And curious. Hmmm, but you ought to head back to your room. The President was looking for you earlier after we had a little chat about a certain room. And just so you know, not even Lux can hide you from me."

Garm panicked after that, not processing the Principal vanishing into thin air.

School hasn't even started yet, and I'm already on her bad side?! How is that possible?

Garm climbed up the side of the dorm, climbing in through his window and he had just closed it and sat down on the bed when Cerberus burst in through the door.

"There you are. Come with me."

Cerberus seemed pretty shaken, so Garm just got up and followed him.

Roll with it Garm...deny everything. That is the best plan.

The two went to the Student Council Room, then Cerberus led Garm back into the room where the secret door was.

"So, what is this all about?"

The President and a few other members of the Student Council came into the room behind them. Garm didn't feel too safe, but he was glad he had Masamune with him. If it came to it, he would defend himself.

"Um, Pres, what is all this?"

"A final decision. Don't worry, you aren't in danger...well, that really depend on how much you know about this room."

Isana's warning not to keep secrets from the President if he wanted to have a pleasant school life echoed in his mind. Garm sighed.

"They say curiosity killed the cat. Well, I was taking a walk to figure out where the Student Council Room was when I saw you and Cerberus. Lux, the ring on my left hand, was active, and Lux makes it impossible to detect my presence without making physical contact with me. I followed you two back here, staying one room behind you until you left each room. I heard some strange sounds, your presence vanished, so I entered this room and poked around a bit. Way I saw it, there was something hidden in the bottom of the desk and one of the stone dragon heads on the wall is a keyhole of some kind. I figure the door is behind a bookcase and based on the few words I overheard, there is a stairwell that leads down. That's about it."

"That...was unexpectedly honest. I thought you'd try and deny it."

"Someone advised me that keeping secrets from you was the worst idea I could have."

"Hmmmm....well, what do you all think? Should we let him in?"

The President, Cerberus, and the other members present huddled over by the door, conversing in whispered tones. Then they turned back to him and nodded one by one. Cerberus walked over to the desk and reached underneath to get the wooden ornament. Then he opened one of the stone dragon head's mouth and put it in, twisting it. A section of the bookcase popped out and Cerberus motioned for Garm to open it. After pulling it open, Garm followed Cerberus down.

"We'll explain more later, but for now, I'll just show you the place."

And so Garm got a brief tour. He didn't get to see the screaming Chimaera, but the screams alone disturbed him enough.

"You and the president both, I don't understand why that sound bothers you so much."

"It drags back some...dark memories."

"Well, that is almost everything. You'll find out more tomorrow. Just follow the President's instructions."

After that, they left, the Student Council members dispersed, and Garm sat in the main Student Council Room, mulling over what happened. Garm didn't think it would turn on him so quickly. He had to be far more up front about his questions from now on. It would be safer than sneaking around. Obviously the Prinicipal didn't like him doing that. The man's voice rang through the room suddenly.

"I look forward to your work, Mr. Plasmal."

Garm remembered that that was written on the note he'd received earlier.

He couldn't have...planned this, could he? Did he know that I would find out about the secret door?

He headed back to the dorm and fell asleep on his bed, not seeing the envelope with his name on it on the desk. Inside was a key and a notification that he was going to be a third year student. When he found it in the morning, he moved his stuff up a floor to room 352, his new, and rather spacious, room. Dumping his stuff and taking a shower in the somewhat nice bathroom, he readied himself for school. It was about six AM when he was ready for the day, so he picked up Masamune, tucked it into the sword bag and slung it over his shoulder. He paused at the mirror to fix his tie a bit, then put his Student Council badge on his right shoulder and headed out to find out what his home room was before the rest of the school woke up. He passed Cerberus in silence outside the dormitory doors. Neither acknowledged the other. They didn't need too. Despite their differences, they were in the same boat now. Garm just hoped it wasn't heading off to war.

(I know it doesn't flow too well, but I felt like it had to happen that way. A chase scene then admittance into the inner circle just seemed to cliche. Anyways, that's chapter nine.)

+
Post ID: 3129467 Posted at: 14-Jul-2012 19:30:46
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
CHAPTER 10
Soon enough once most of the new students had finished their desserts the Student Council President had to get up once again in front of them and make a little speech, she didn?t dislike it but she was a busy person even without classes running.
"I hope you are all well fed and content for it is time for bed but before that a few more minor details and announcements. Firstly there is a curfew, all first years must be in their dorms by 10:00 PM any later and you will receive a punishment. Tonight there will be teachers to guide you to your dorms however as classes do start tomorrow they will not be able to free so much time so try to remember the way. Secondly we have a few special rules that I would like to address you on, the most important regards fighting. Though not prohibited one must follow the rules in place if you do wish to fight for whatever reasons. All fights happen within the Arenas and must be verified by either a teacher or student council member, a fight is over when a person surrenders or no longer can fight. Secondly the forest section of the Arenas, where you took your test today, is off-limits. You may not just walk in, you must have a teacher with you, so unless you want to die a painful death I would stay by that rule. That will be all, I hope you all get a good night?s rest because classes start at 7:00 AM tomorrow."
After making sure all the students not only got out of the room but also were all on their way to their dorms the Student Council President once again headed off to the Council Room to meet with the rest of the members. At times she did dislike all the work she had to do, it was quite tiring and not so rewarding. Entering the Council Room she immediately noticed that there were a few missing members, she had guessed that Cerebus wouldn?t show but she counted five missing.
"Isana who?s missing and do you have any reason as per why?"
"Cerebus I believe is talking with Morte on some matters, Kane is dealing with a problem with returning students, and I have no idea where Melissa is." Isana readily replied, not necessarily her job to keep track of everyone she knew the Pres tended to rely on her more.
"Alright? guess we will start without them."

Soon enough came morning and with it the scrambling of hundreds of students heading to their classes, many upperclassmen were lucky enough to get to sleep in an hour or two due to their rather empty schedules and a good majority of the student council could be seen directing students to classes or at work doing various tasks. Among them was the President who was lucky enough not to have many classes, only a few later in the day, so she was spending her free time helping new students as well as planning what to do with the new council members.
Not too far off was Cerebus who was doing his normal duties within the council, relaxing and ignoring all the new students. Cerebus checked his watch, it was 7:30 which meant he had work, so he headed off to the Council Room where all the new members were at, having been called for some initiation. He was unluckily enough to get stuck with giving them all the information they would need which was never a fun task, especially when most of them were arrogant and had a lot of pride.
"All here? good. I am Cerebus a more senior member of the Council and I will be giving you your introduction? Isana and Morte should be here but we can start without them. Right well firstly the Student Council is split into two groups, the Council and the Moral Committee. The Council is the larger of the two with roughly thirty members, the committee has around twenty. Who can guess what the Moral Committee does?" After waiting a few seconds and getting no volunteers Cerebus is annoyed, most of them weren?t even paying attention and the ones weren?t going to participate. "Moral Committee or Disciplinary Committee, they monitor student conflicts mostly and sanction fights. They also handle punishments for rule breakers alongside teachers?. Oh Isana, Morte you?re here."
Cerebus looked up towards the door from both had just entered, Isana walked into the room and sat on a table not far from Cerebus while a short black haired kid who looked about 15, Morte, leaned against the wall next to the door.
"Right well the Moral Committee or the Council? You will be placed in one or the other your choice, afterwards?."
Cerebus continued to explain to them various jobs within both parts of the Student Council along with many other things they would need to know, Isana occasionally helped out but mostly let Cerebus do it. Finally an hour later he seemed to have finished.
"Make your decisions now about which your entering the Council or Moral Committee and tell Morte."
Each of the new members went up to Morte and gave him their choice after which they were dismissed, Garm was last however when he went up Morte told him to talk to Cerebus.
"I was told to speak to you??"
"Hold on, Isana can you make sure they head directly to their classes and then find the President??"
"Good idea, they didn?t look like a serious bunch. I?ll be back in half an hour or so. Oh and Garm have fun!
Cerebus waited patiently until she had finally left before addressing Garm, "Yeah, sorry Isana isn?t part. You don?t get a choice, President said she is gonna give you a titled position. Now firstly that secret room is off-limits to you, your new and if you want down there for whatever reason ask Morte? he left? never mind you can meet him later. If you do go down there I will know, your ring won?t work down there by the way nor will your sword. Any questions?"
"No."
"Good boy, now go to class after classes are done around 3 PM report back here?"
Garm dutifully left the Council room and went off to class leaving Cerebus by himself.
Not far off from them were Axel and Lexi who found themselves lucky enough to be in a class together, right in the morning they had chemistry together but didn?t seem to have any other classes together other than PE which was at the end of the day for them. It apparently focused on the Chrono Gear/Ability portion of learning. In the morning first years had all basic classes that any normal school offered, math, science, history, and English, each about an hour long. From there they had either additional classes, such as cooking or workshop classes, or a three hour break which left the off at roughly 1:00 PM. At which they were separated into a few different groups for PE within the Arenas. Apparently this schedule was switched around for each different year, though Axel had stopped listening at that point as he knew he would find out next year and also because he figured he could ask Lexi later as she seemed like a good student.
However he did start listening when his teacher mentioned a transfer student coming in which sounded odd as it was the beginning of the year. Apparently there were some problems around them so they wouldn?t be coming for another week or so but they seemed important. Mainly because the transfer student didn?t seem to be coming into their class or even possibly their year but even so they were announcing it to them. Unfortunately for him after the teacher was done talking about the transfer student they had to do work, the first day of school and already they would be diving into work.
Guess that?s why it?s a first-class private school, great this is gonna be fast paced and difficult. Hopefully they aren?t all like this maybe it is just this teacher.
His guess was quite wrong. The other classes started with a short introduction to the course before immediately diving into the material. By the time break came he was exhausted, he waited for Lexi just outside the main entrance to the school so he would spot he when she came out. If he didn?t wait right outside he doubted he would ever find her, it was massive. While he was waiting he met someone he actually knew, not really met though as he walked pasted Axel then turned around and walked back to him.
"Oh I know you, Axel right?"
"Yeah and your Cerebus? do you want anything?"
"No, can?t I just talk? I am bored and you did spike my interest, got some skills."
"Really, I would have thought I sucked. I?m a first year and compared to that Garm guy I am terrible, didn?t he spike your interest?"
At that Cerebus actually smiled, "No he did not, personally I find him a little arrogant. You met him did you not? You however spike my interest for another reason, I see you got talent both you and that girl. Ah and perfect timing, there she is. I will leave you two then as sadly I do actually have work."
Lexi walked over to him and frowned at Cerebus, "What was that about?"
"Not sure? said he noticed talent in us which is odd cause I don?t think he actually saw our fight. I doubt he was watching from the shadows. Anyway wanna go down to that village area and have lunch?"
"Yeah sure, how were your classes?"
Both spent the rest of the break hanging out and exploring the village, taking some time to eat lunch which was free, then walked back up to the school to start PE.

+
Post ID: 3130154 Posted at: 16-Jul-2012 20:47:52
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((Just putting this in to hold my spot. Expect chapter eleven to be boring with a chance of ownage.))

Chapter Eleven

Garm left the student council room feeling rather dead inside. Despite the prestige, it was mostly still just like an ordinary school, if you could ignore the conspiracies, the secret passageways, the strange Principal, the secret council, the judgmental Cerberus, and the constant feeling that everyone else in the classroom was staring at you like some kind of alien specimen, despite everyone being in the same boat of strange powers or weapons. Garm had finally, without incident, reached his double period P.E., which took up the two periods before his last class of the day, World History. Garm's new daily schedule, decided by the school, consisted of AP World Literature first period, Honors Physics second period, Calculus third period, Elective fourth period, which Garm chose to leave as a free period for any emergency situations or challanges, lunch fifth period, then the double P.E., then Honors World History. He got out of foreign language because he had taught himself two languages during the course of his previous education.

For P.E. he'd had to change into a pair of sweatpants and a shirt since he hadn't brought any other clothes than a week's worth of what he had decided to call his school uniform. Garm couldn't comprehend why the teacher, Donovan Strauss, wouldn't let him just participate in class in his own clothes, rather than borrowing clothes from somewhere or someone. Garm had even acted like it was just out of laziness rather than arrogance that he wouldn't break a sweat. He knew he could come off as arrogant at times, but he couldn't help it. It was how he kept himself safe.

"So, what are we doing for two periods? Fighting?"

"Mr. Plasmal, you I will be assessing. Despite the fact that a teacher witnessed your skill with the blade, he was unable to give an accurate report of what happened or of your potential and your current level. Therefore, you will be 'it'. Everyone else, standard greeting for an exceptional new student. Mr. Plasmal, avoid getting hit for as long as possible. They'll be firing nets at you and activating traps to try and catch you. This is an assessment of your speed, observation, and Chronos Gear control. Please draw the blade."

Garm did so.

"Begin!"

And that was how Garm spent two hours dodging nets, slashing nets, cutting down traps of various kinds, leaping over pitfalls, and impressing many of his classmates. He didn't act arrogant afterwards, attributing it entirely to his Chronos Gear's, Masamune's, ability. He even went out of his way to break a sweat during the class so as not to leave a bad impression. After a quick shower and putting his own clothes back on, he sat through a rather odd World History class. The teacher kept asking him to stop distracting the girls. Something about a scent. Garm found out within several minutes of class beginning that someone had slipped an open bottle of some kind of aerosol aphrodisiac into his pant's pocket. After plugging it up with a crumpled piece of paper, he managed to get through a relatively less bothersome class. Thankfully, the girls were ashamed of their actions, and therefore kept their mouths shut. Garm did hear a few of the guys laughing under their breath though. This was one prank he just couldn't understand.

Finally, I'm free. Oh, wait, no I'm not. I have to go to the student council room. Then, I intend to get the wolf head tattooed on the backs of my hands.

Garm headed to the student council room, anticipating something troublesome.

Perhaps I won't make it to the tattoo parlor after all.

Garm entered the student council room, Masamune, sheathed, inside the sword bag slung over his left shoulder. His parents' Chronos Gear rings gleamed on his hands. Garm prepared for the worst.

Confetti rained down on his head and Isana jumped down from the ladder positioned beside the door.

"Congrats, Garm! Welcome to the Student Council!"

Garm sighed, which caused Isana to start pouting. As he brushed the confetti out of his hair, he surveyed the room. He spotted the one called Morte in a corner, filling out some paperwork. The Pres was sitting in her special seat of power, and Cerberus was no where to be seen.

"As Isana said, welcome to the Student Council. I take it Cerberus has informed you of my intentions?"

"He said you were giving me a titled position. Seemed really disgruntled about it, too."

"Probably due to the legend that surrounds the post in relation to mine."

Garm paused for a moment, and groaned mentally. He'd had a feeling it was something like this.

"I don't believe in it for a second though. I decide on my love life, not some stupid Student Council position. Besides, a woman's love life is something not to be spoken of lightly."

Isana actually started giggling. The reason, which had stunned Garm into an absolute stupor, was the bright red blush that was rapidly spreading on the President's face. Both of them could tell that simply imagining the rumors that would spread due to the legend, in addition to Garm's rapid rise upon arrival, was beyond embarrassing to the Student Council President. Love, it seemed, was one of the few topics she wasn't well versed in.

"Anyways, I hereby appoint you to the recently vacated position of Moral Committee Chairman. The previous holder of that title graduated last year. He only stuck around long enough to pick a replacement. We decided on you, Garm. That will be all for now. Don't forget about that other meeting you have with Morte at 8:00 PM tonight. You know the place. Be careful. I'd hate to have to pick Cerberus for the position. He just isn't suited for that kind of job. Plus, I'd hate to separate Isana from him for any longer than he already is daily."

Garm, Isana, and even Morte, groaned at this perpetuated train of thought long held by the President.

"Alright, alright, I'll be there. Will that be all, Pres?"

"Yes. Also, the first pile of paperwork has been delivered to your room, so I expect that to be done after you finish whatever business you are about to rush off to take care off."

"Tattoos. Of the wolf from my flag."

"Oh, really? Well, have fun. Dismissed. Now then, Isana, let us begin the planning session for Operation Isana + Cerberus-A Happy Couple, plan 437!"

Garm left the room before he heard Isana's reply to that statement. The President's dense head in regards to all forms of romance amazed him. It was no wonder she was such a successful student. She had no idea what love really was. Without that distraction, she was clearly efficient in her work. Without much more thought on the matter, Garm headed out for the village, to get the wolf tattoos on the backs of his hands. This was something he'd looked forward to all day. Perhaps he'd get a tattoo on his face as well.

+
Post ID: 3140027 Posted at: 16-Aug-2012 20:21:07
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
((Almost hit that one month time limit here. Gonna get next chapter by Saturday and I promise it will be good. ps I'm a liar.))

+
Post ID: 3150329 Posted at: 16-Sep-2012 12:44:01
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((Since this is about to go over the one month time limit, I guess I'll be claiming the next chapter. Scratch that, Craiz, take this opportunity to debut. Use any existing characters or make your own new character, its up to you.))

+
Post ID: 3154449 Posted at: 01-Oct-2012 12:49:48
Craizen
A'ight
Super Mod
Post Likes: 17
+
((I'm sensing it's not illegal to have a user with a chronos gear correct? It plays greatly into my characters ability.))

Spoiler:
click to reveal

Geralt wandered from class to class, taking in his usual lessons. The boy was fiften, around 5'9, african, with dark skin. He had short hair, neatly shaved and was quite agile, and more so muscular for his young age. That didn't come cheap, a few scars on his back from a family feud defined that. For the most part, he was in a well fitted, long sleeve dark blue shirt with grey pants, sometimes a black jacket if felt cold, a irony in his life. Under his shirt resting on a gold chain was a blue amulet, a chronos gear, his own, that simply drew water from the air. On his back, laid his late brothers axe, pitch black, and extendable to a length of 5'5 feet, a viciously sharp blade resting on one side. It too, was Chronos gear, and the only one he admitted to having and showed most openly. It manipulated light around the wielder, temporarily making them disappear into the shadows, giving them an advantage to strike. With his speed, it was fearsome. Granted while impressive, he was still placed in year one. Though, no one had seen his real power, his ability, the reason his mother had given him the necklace.

"This draws water, honey." she had told him.

It took him awhile to understand why she had given him such a simple gear, it wasn't even worthy for battle, let alone defense even. That is, until he discovered why he hardly ever felt cold, why his breath could breath foggy in hot weather. He controlled Ice, the freezing cold. And he was talented at it too, but he hated being noticed for it. It was accepted, but it had hurt others. His brother gave his life to protect him because of it, and why he was skilled with his brother's axe, in honor. He was headed to his geography class, his last for the day when a notice said that is was cancelled for the day. He wrote down the homework and picked a syllabus, both hanging on the door and decided what to do with his day. He slipped into a P.E class, doing much like the teacher, observing. Garm. He understood the holding back, finding it comical. It was something his brother taught him, and what made him laugh, was that most bought it. He laid his head back and chuckled again as the exercise was over, slinging his messenger bag over his side, the weight of the axe in a modified pocket. He began to follow Garm too, but decided against it, gearing up with a few of the other students, he was quite sociable, reserved some but sociable enough. He had met Axel and Lexi, taking a liking to them as well as few others, including another ice user, who could, unlike him, draw water. He realized though we was about to be late, he had been granted permission to do an intern ship as long as it didn't interfere with his schooling. He was talented a artist, something that even went into his battle style, and a tattoo parlor had taken him on. He dashed out, slightly ahead of Garm and took his place at the shop, just in time. The Parlor owner rolled his eyes and stated the next customer was his, mess it up, and he was out.

"Great, I got it boss. Hey is that... He looked up in time to see Garm heading into the shop, curious as to what he wanted, a tattoo obviously but of what. He motioned Garm over into his section and seated him, talking as he did.

"Your that kid from the academy, aren't you? Garm, the newfound student council member and sword user. Your something else aren't you?"

There was no sarcasm in his voice, he was impressed. Power and those who used it properly were quite something. But he had something else in mind as Garm told him what he wanted.

"Wolves huh? I can do that. Just relax and I'll get to work. And maybe I'll talk you out of that face one, huh? he said almost winking, like he wasn't younger than Garm. Bad habits, he always thought to himself.

Geralt began to clean the tattoo's area on Garm's hands, taking out some special paper, sketching the head to perfection in a few minutes, then transferring the design to Garm's hands so the twin tattoo's would damn near perfect. He talked as he worked, sometimes in general, though he got specific once.

"Saw your performance today in P.E. You really deserved your spot on the council, most powerful bunch from what everyone has been telling me. Though it's like, you were almost holding back, unless everyone was giving you that much of a work out."

He watched, Garm tensed ever so slightly, he could feel it in Garm's hands but his customer kept calm. He turned on the needle and got to work.

((I don't know if this works or not, but it's what I got for now))
+
Post ID: 3154476 Posted at: 01-Oct-2012 14:21:55
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((No, no, that's great. Perfect setup, great job putting yourself in with the existing characters. I'll take the next chapter then, to follow up on this direct address as the one who knows Garm's mind best. It may take several edits.))

Chapter Thirteen

Garm tensed a bit reflexively when the P.E. class was brought up. He quickly relaxed though, as he recognized this student from a list of those who...what was it again?

"Something odd about you too, so don't go getting all cocky. You have good eyes, at least, I'll give you that. Geralt, right?"

The name, at least, clicked in his memory.

"That's right. And, it's a bit scary that you'd think I want to blackmail you. I mean, it isn't something I wouldn't do, depending on how badly I wanted something from you, but...It just isn't my style, to be honest."

Garm rolled his eyes at Geralt's comment. He watched the unusual tattooist working on his hands and then noticed the weight of the amulet against the shirt it was hidden under.

"Oh, so that's what it was. Hm, I'll hold onto this thought till your done. Don't want to cause you to screw up your first job, now do I?"

Geralt's suspicious glance confirmed Garm's theory; that he wasn't the only one with an unannounced Chronos Gear in their possession. What's more, he was pretty sure this guy was a User, judging by the cold that seeped out of his hands for a moment.

"That would be pretty bad. Don't worry though, I'm almost done. They're dark blue, just like you wanted."

Garm gave a sincere smile for once, truly grateful for this tattoist's work.

"Thanks for the hard work."

Once he had finished, Geralt wrapped some bandages around his hands to cover the tattoos once the ink had dried.

"Leave these on for a minimum of two hours. You can write and stuff, but a tattoo is an open wound when it's new. You should take proper care of them and use antibacterial soap. Basically, just keep it clean and keep it from getting infected. Once infected, it gets pretty nasty."

Garm nodded and waited for Geralt to finish before giving his student ID number to the guy at the register; it was one method of accessing his student account, the funds he'd transferred to use to pay for things from the village.

"Geralt, that is quite the interesting amulet you have there. Didn't know a User needed something like that. I must say though, you did great work with the tattoos; you really are a talented artist. I imagine you managed to find a way to put such skill into combat as well. Oh, sorry, thinking out loud. Well, I'd best be on my way. I have paperwork to complete."

Garm picked his black sword bag up before walking out, not giving Geralt any time to comment. He didn't do so in a way that seemed arrogant though. The way he spoke just before leaving seemed a bit more...friendly. He saw Geralt as a potential ally; someone with their ear to the ground. Since he couldn't rely on any bartenders for information just yet, Geralt might be the next best thing. Once Garm had picked his way across the island back to the male dorm, he entered his room on the third floor and immediately began to do his paperwork, managing to finish up by 7:45 PM by using Masamune. He then used Masamune to make it to the Student Council Room with three minutes to spare. He still had the bandages on his hands, deciding to leave them until morning. He entered the room and looked around, not seeing Morte, whom he was supposed to be meeting, anywhere.

+
Post ID: 3165191 Posted at: 23-Oct-2012 18:35:49
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
((Finally what you have all been waiting for, Chapter 14!!! Rather long but mostly dialogue.))
Chapter 14

Waking up early wasn't something that Cerebus liked or was very good at but occasionally he had to and unfortunately this had been one of those times. This time he wanted to be early, if he could, so he had woken up at five to get ready and left towards the island's docks. He was unsure when the boat was arriving exactly having been given only an approximate time of 6:00 am but had to be sure he was not late as this boat was carrying someone important. A girl from Tasmania who had just been transferred in, originally she was supposed to have arrived the same day as school started but due to some outside interference that had been delayed. And outside interference was one of the main reasons that Cerebus was meeting this girl.

Upon arriving at the docks it became apparent that he wasn't the only one interested in the girl. Mr. Donovan was there as well as a few others including a rather annoying geography teacher, who Cerebus suspected was receiving some money from a certain large business; the same which had caused the delays in her arrival.

"Ah, Cerebus how nice to see you here! Expected of course, the president send you here then I would assume?" Mr. Donovan approached Cerebus with his usual friendly smile."

"No, but I would assume that I am right in guessing the principle sent you here?" Cerebus shook his hand and gave a rare quick smile.

"Correct. I'm surprised to see you act on your own. Probably the only one here doing so that has hidden intentions." He nods over to a few of the other teachers who came to welcome the girl before continuing on, "Acting on your own? then may I assume I am correct in guessing that your dear President is completely unaware at your current presence here?"

Cerebus lets out a short laugh confirming Donovan's guess and answers quickly. "She doesn't need to know everything that goes on around here. However you are wrong on one point. That point being that I am acting on my own. I was asked by the Principle, same as you were, to meet her. Though I am guessing our exact orders vary slightly?"

"Thought you stopped taking orders from him a little before I came here?"

"More or less, this is the first order I have been given in awhile but I have kept in contact. Though you have been quite obedient and helpful so there hasn't been much need for me." Cerebus walks a little ahead of Donovan and looks off the shore then checks the time. "Still got half an hour before the expected time. You know anything about what he is doing here?"

There wasn't a need to specify as 'he' could only be the geography teacher who neither of them had bothered to learn his name. "Not really. Same as us I expect. Meet her, introduce ourselves to her, evaluate her, and try and win her over. Get her to favor us over the other. Can't think of anything else as they have already delayed here arrival, you know why?"

"Yeah." Instead of elaborating immediately Cerebus instead decides to speak with the geography teacher himself expecting Donovan to join in alongside him. Approaching him and holding out his hand. "Quite the number of people for just one girl, huh?"

The geography teacher turned towards Cerebus and shook his hand then shook Donovan's outstretched hand too. He was rather pale with dark black eyes and bright red hair, he wasn't that tall or short but was a little round. He wore long khaki pants and a nice collared shirt and smiled enthusiastically towards the both of them "Indeed! Let's see including us three there are six of us here. Nice to see you Mr. Donovan and, of forgive me but I forgot your name then again I hear you prefer your nickname, Cerebus! Don't see why all of us came down here. I think only two or three would have been fine."

"Yes I do prefer it more, very nice nickname. I do wish I could thank whoever made it up."

Donovan raises his eyebrows slightly at his comment. "Yes I am sure you would. It is nice to see you again as well. Not only a lot of us but it would seem we all arrived early too. I do hope she arrives soon. Getting a little hungry maybe we could make a little detour and show her around the town."

"Fine idea that is and if I remember correctly her schedule isn't finished yet but I am sure our guidance counselor has that covered. Then again a little detour like that shouldn't be much of a worry. What do you think Cerebus?"

"Not a problem with me and shouldn't be a problem with the others? Not sure if they have classes in the morning if they do they can always head out early. Anyways it was nice having a chat with you before she arrived and it got busy, but me and Mr. Donovan have some matters to discuss."

"We do?"

"Yeah, I won the bet remember so I believe you owe me something?"

"Oh ho! Lost a bet to him have you? Well I would hate to keep you from getting your reward Cerebus and I think I will have a chat with the others? Pleasure speaking with you."

The two of them watch as the geography teacher walks off towards the other three teachers who were being quite social with each other.

"You think we should have atleast asked his name?"

"Nah, I'll just ask Morte he's bound to know it. Got him for a class. Anyways more importantly it would seem he is rather unaware of our positions."

"Ah so that's what that was for, you know it would be nice if you came to my class and showed off your gear a little more."

"Not a chance. Anyways they delayed it because the principle was going to have a meeting with her in person. Which is rather rare. That and it allowed them to get someone else close to her, a guard or something like that who will be joining us for the first week or so."

"How bothersome? Oh would you look at that, a boat." Donovan nods to a small but nice boat that had appeared through the fog and at the docks. "Well time for the moment we have all been waiting for."

The two of approached the docks, joining up with the other four teachers, and stopped at the bottom of the boarding ramp. Within a few seconds three figures appeared on the boat deck and as they got off the boat by the ramp they were much more visible. The girl was in the middle to her left was an older man probably in his late 50's dressed in casual clothing and to her right was another man probably in his mid 20's who was in a suit. The older man stepped forward and shook the Guidance Counselor's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, unfortunately I am on a short schedule and need to be out of here soon. Firstly I am her temporary guardian, you are aware of the situation surrounding her I am sure. Secondly the man next to her is her bodyguard, who will be staying with her for the first week, his name is Mark. And finally and most importantly is your new student, come on look up, introduce yourself, and be polite."

The girl had previously been staring at her feet but looked up when told so revealing blonde hair that flowed past her shoulders and green-yellow eyes. Dressed in a tacky robe, underneath she wore an outfit usually seen on archeological researchers. "Nice to meet you, my name is Ferris Nalilia."

"Well I am dreadfully sorry but I must be leaving, questions can be directed towards Mark."

The older man quickly boarded the boat which left immediately. The guidance counselor decided to start the tour which did not included a trip to the village much to Donovan's dismay and apparently the geography teacher's too. Instead they were headed up to the school for a short tour and then they would move onto the Arenas and Dorms. Setting off the Counselor and other two teachers started a discussion with Marks while leading the way. Leaving Cerebus, Donovan, and the geography teacher to accompany the girl.

"Didn't get to introduce ourselves back there. I am Mr. Hayes, I teach a few classes. Geography is my main focus but I also teach a psychology class and occasionally politics. Though not to many sign up for that one. But I believe I have you for Geography so I am sure we will have tons of fun together!"

"Now that you mention it I am pretty sure we all have a class with you, Ferris. I am Mr. Strauss but you may call me Donovan if you would like. I teach Physical Education which if comprised of many different small things and is one of the only courses you have all year long. I do look forward to seeing what you can do?" Donovan's usual smile is replaced by a more expecting one that causes Ferris to look away towards the scenery. [i]Either shy or sharp or both. If she is aware of anything then this is gonna be difficult.[/]

"It is a pleasure to meet you, I am from the Student Council here to help you get familiar with the school and answer any questions you have." His voice is rather monotone making it rather obvious that he had memorized that. "Name is Cerebus. After this little tour Mr. Hayes and the other two teachers and counselor up ahead will be leaving. Teachers got classes to teach and counselor will be discussing official stuff with that Mark guy I assume. So me and Donovan will be giving you the rest of the tour."

After the three introduced themselves it became rather quiet and though Mr. Hayes made a few attempts to pick up a conversation it became apparent that Ferris wasn't in the mood to talk. Which resulted in a rather long and boring walk up into the school coupled with a long awkward silence which was broken once they entered the school and the tour began. The tour was rather basic, giving her a simple layout of the school. The auditorium, lunchroom, offices, and subject sections of the school were. When it was done, an hour later, as Cerebus mentioned the Counselor decided to speak with Mark privately and asked Donovan to continue the tour while the three other teachers gave quick good-byes and went off to their respective classes.

"Finally free at last. So dorms? your first year I believe and a girl. So pretty much the least impressive dorms on the girls' side are yours. Not sure which side is that but shouldn't be too hard just look to see who is going in and out and figure out their gender. More importantly are the Arenas! My area of expertise where my classes will be held, come along now unlike the previous tour mine will be fun!"

"Right sure it will? so Ferris any questions? ? I will take your silence as a no. Shy one aren't ya?"

Of course Donovan's tour was quite fun compared to the first and much quicker too. Ferris was quiet the entire time, not speaking up once, giving Cerebus plenty of thinking time. Most of which was dedicated to what to report and how to deal with the President and others later. So far he hadn't really gotten much out of her except that he knew she was aware of her special status and was quite secretive. None of which really helped any.

"Right all done now!"

Cerebus blinked and refocused himself noticing they were back at the front of the school again which meant the tour was over and checking the time it meant Donovan had to attend to a class. Meaning Cerebus would be alone with her hopefully resulting in something worthwhile.

"Well very nice tour but looking at the time you have a class to teach. Don't want to miss it? I know how much you love teaching and of course love your students. So off you go now, leave this to me I got everything under cont- ?" Cerebus stopped mid sentence and frowned. "Control. Gonna bring her to her first class."

"Oh? you know maybe I should accompany you to make sure you do."

"Or not. What if something happened to your class while you weren't present. You only have a few minutes to make your way down already and we all know how dangerous the forest can be, don't we?"

Donovan opens his mouth and closes it a few times evidently angry at something but quickly steps back, "Yes you do have a point, sorry Ferris but I should be attending to my class right now." He turns around a quickly walks back from the direction they came leaving one surprised and confused Ferris with a satisfied Cerebus.

"Finally got rid of him? So shall we head to, uh, what's your first class?"

"Geography with Mr. Hayes. What's so dangerous about the forest?"

"Whoa! Asking your first question of the day exciting for you to take such a big step." He hadn't expected her to ask any question or even say anything aside from an answer. Either she was more comfortable with him considering he was closer to age to her or she was just warming up to him, Cerebus had just jumped ahead in the race. "Chimeras inhabit it. For training exercises mostly but occasionally for games or research. They tend to stay away from the arenas themselves and are deeper in."

"Then why would something happen."

"No reason. Always the small possibility, now I have an important question for you." Ferris narrowed her eyes slightly, "Where's the social studies area at?"

"Um, the north eastern part of the school? Don't you know?"

"No. lead the way will you?"

"Okay?"

Several minutes of silence later they arrive at one end of a long corridor with classes lining each side.

"Good, to know you paid attention during that tour. Now before I let you go off to class,
Student Council Room is always open if you need anything, questions feel free to ask them. Also in the event you do don't mention my name or that you know me. As I enjoy my position of doing nothing and if you go in there and mention me they will find out that I do actual work. One thing leads to another and I got piles of work." Shuddering at the mere thought of the doing desk work like Morte is often stuck with or actually having to solve problems among students. "Also you being aware of your status and all is quite helpful. Be wary of your bodyguard and Mr. Hayes. Donovan too he is rather sharp and knows a lot about abilities and Chronos Gears."

"Thanks but shouldn't I be most worried about you?"

"Why would you ask that? Such a question hurts?. But I guess so then again its too late for that. I already know what I need to know but don't worry you secret is safe with me." Before Ferris could respond Cerebus turned away and walked down the corridor off to the Student Council Room. However halfway there he stopped in the middle of the empty hallway and turned around. " I know your there now stop hiding and come out."

"Since when?" Out of thin air about four feet in front of Cerebus appeared a man dressed in a smart black suit, his hair is short and combed back neatly, and his left eye is covered by an eye patch. His hands are covered by black leather gloves.

"Since the end of Donovan's tour when you first arrived, of course. Don't you have other things to do?"

"Curse your gear. And what do you think I am doing here?"

"Eavesdropping."

"What is her secret?"

"Ha! Why would I tell you? Let me remind you I choose what information I choose to give, you think I betray my goal for his? I have nothing to tell you now leave before you get hurt."

The man disappeared from sight but Cerebus could tell he was leaving and once he was gone entirely he continued on his way to the Council Room.

Not entirely put off by Cerebus having been told by the Principal that it was likely to happen, he had a back up that he hoped would work. Unfortunately he doubted it. A few feet in front of him stood the current most talked about person, aside from the reoccurring topic of Cerebus, Garm who had made himself quite noticeable. He hoped to get Garm on his side however he was unaware that he was already sided with the President and Cerebus only knowing that he was in the Moral Committee.

He approached Garm having made it so only he could see him and nodded for him to follow him to an empty classroom; he was surprised at Garm's calm demeanor.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Garm. Already I have heard a good deal about you and from what I have heard I hoped we could do business, what do you say about hearing out my offer?"

+
Post ID: 3170882 Posted at: 08-Nov-2012 22:02:37
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((Claiming next chapter now. Warning: It will probably be much shorter or take several edits to put together.))

Chapter Fifteen, Part 1

Garm had fallen asleep in the Student Council Room awaiting Morte's arrival. When he woke at around 4:00 AM, he was rather startled to realize he was in the wrong place. As to what, or rather who, woke him, he found the Principal with a hand on Garm's shoulders, gently shaking him awake. Today, he wore khaki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. For some reason, he had socks on his feet, but no shoes.

"Gooood morning, oh favorite student of mine. I have a little problem I need help with. Interested? Good. It involves your good friends Donovan Strauss and Cerebus. Mr. Hayes, one of our Geography teachers, may also be involved. Oh, and the mysterious Tasmanian girl who is coming to the island. She's sure to be an important figure in your life from now on. I want you to follow them. They'll meet at the docks in an hour, minus the girl. She'll be arriving at six. I'd go myself, but that would defeat the purpose of this exercise. Oh, and don't be to shocked if she spots you. Even I know nothing of her ability. And one last present..."

The untidy yet powerful man stuck a headset on the desk Garm was sleeping on moments ago. Then he left with a parting remark of "Don't forget to write!"

End of Chapter 15 Part 1

Chapter 15 Part 2

And so he sat there, on a tree stump, eavesdropping on the conversations of Cerebus, Strauss, and Hayes a mere hour later. He didn't feel tired in the least, despite his early wake up. He'd had a cup of coffee after a cold shower and was fully awake and aware. He held Masamune, drawn, loosely in his left hand, empowering Lux's abilities and his senses. The headset he'd been given was around his neck at the moment, as it was not yet needed. The two identical black wolf heads tattooed on the backs of his hands made him feel a bit strange, like they were watching him and judging his choices. He put it down to psychological strain.

Just great...now what are they talking about? Garm adjusts the headset the Principal gave him a bit so that it fits more comfortably on his head than before.

"Ah, Cerebus how nice to see you here! Expected of course, the president send you here then I would assume?" Mr. Donovan approached Cerebus with his usual friendly smile."

"No, but I would assume that I am right in guessing the principle sent you here?" Cerebus shook his hand and gave a rare quick smile.

"Correct. I'm surprised to see you act on your own. Probably the only one here doing so that has hidden intentions." He nods over to a few of the other teachers who came to welcome the girl before continuing on, "Acting on your own? then may I assume I am correct in guessing that your dear President is completely unaware at your current presence here?"

Cerebus lets out a short laugh confirming Donovan's guess and answers quickly. "She doesn't need to know everything that goes on around here. However you are wrong on one point. That point being that I am acting on my own. I was asked by the Principle, same as you were, to meet her. Though I am guessing our exact orders vary slightly?"

"Thought you stopped taking orders from him a little before I came here?"

"More or less, this is the first order I have been given in awhile but I have kept in contact. Though you have been quite obedient and helpful so there hasn't been much need for me." Cerebus walks a little ahead of Donovan and looks off the shore then checks the time. "Still got half an hour before the expected time. You know anything about what he is doing here?"

There wasn't a need to specify as 'he' could only be the geography teacher who neither of them had bothered to learn his name. "Not really. Same as us I expect. Meet her, introduce ourselves to her, evaluate her, and try and win her over. Get her to favor us over the other. Can't think of anything else as they have already delayed here arrival, you know why?"

"Yeah." Instead of elaborating immediately Cerebus instead decides to speak with the geography teacher himself expecting Donovan to join in alongside him. Approaching him and holding out his hand. "Quite the number of people for just one girl, huh?"

The geography teacher turned towards Cerebus and shook his hand then shook Donovan's outstretched hand too. He was rather pale with dark black eyes and bright red hair, he wasn't that tall or short but was a little round. He wore long khaki pants and a nice collared shirt and smiled enthusiastically towards the both of them "Indeed! Let's see including us three there are six of us here. Nice to see you Mr. Donovan and, of forgive me but I forgot your name then again I hear you prefer your nickname, Cerebus! Don't see why all of us came down here. I think only two or three would have been fine."

"Yes I do prefer it more, very nice nickname. I do wish I could thank whoever made it up."

Donovan raises his eyebrows slightly at his comment. "Yes I am sure you would. It is nice to see you again as well. Not only a lot of us but it would seem we all arrived early too. I do hope she arrives soon. Getting a little hungry maybe we could make a little detour and show her around the town."

"Fine idea that is and if I remember correctly her schedule isn't finished yet but I am sure our guidance counselor has that covered. Then again a little detour like that shouldn't be much of a worry. What do you think Cerebus?"

"Not a problem with me and shouldn't be a problem with the others? Not sure if they have classes in the morning if they do they can always head out early. Anyways it was nice having a chat with you before she arrived and it got busy, but me and Mr. Donovan have some matters to discuss."

"We do?"

"Yeah, I won the bet remember so I believe you owe me something?"

"Oh ho! Lost a bet to him have you? Well I would hate to keep you from getting your reward Cerebus and I think I will have a chat with the others? Pleasure speaking with you."

The two of them watch as the geography teacher walks off towards the other three teachers who were being quite social with each other.

"You think we should have at least asked his name?"

"Nah, I'll just ask Morte he's bound to know it. Got him for a class. Anyways more importantly it would seem he is rather unaware of our positions."

"Ah so that's what that was for, you know it would be nice if you came to my class and showed off your gear a little more."

"Not a chance. Anyways they delayed it because the principle was going to have a meeting with her in person. Which is rather rare. That and it allowed them to get someone else close to her, a guard or something like that who will be joining us for the first week or so."

"How bothersome? Oh would you look at that, a boat." Donovan nods to a small but nice boat that had appeared through the fog and at the docks. "Well time for the moment we have all been waiting for."

Garm got up, following them at a distance but rapidly circling around the area to a better vantage point. He watched as the party of three got off the boat and introductions were made. The girl, Ferris Nalilia, and her bodyguard, Mark, were the ones he paid special attention to. The girl's odd outfit confused him, but he put it aside in an instant, instead focusing in on their conversations. A tour began. Strauss gave her a weird smile not too long into it, and she turned away, making eye contact with him. He could have sworn she could see him, despite the fifty yards he maintained as a set distance, just within his enhanced hearing range. At one point, when his path brought him within twenty feet of the group when it was just Strauss, Cerebus, and Ferris, she made eye contact with him again, and her eyes almost seemed to be begging him to get her out of the boring tour. Like she knew him somehow.

Impossible. Maybe if I'd had a memory lapse of some sort, I could believe that was possible, but I have never had any sort of event. Nor have I ever been to Tasmania. Perhaps her Gear or ability lets her know many things on sight...

Garm silently shook his head, indicating that he couldn't, and to his surprise, the girl pouted a little and gave him a disappointed look, returning to normal before the other two noticed. She could see him then. Even back at the beginning of the tour, she knew he was there. He remembered the Principal's comment on how important she would be in his life. He wondered exactly what the Principal had meant by that. Garm hoped that this wasn't some kind of setup to a cliche romance. That would drive him to the brink of insanity. Garm hated cliche romance stories. This whole time he was relaying everything that was said to the Principal through the headset. Once Strauss left, he received an order from Strauss.

"Give the girl the headset. Then head for your next class. Make your own decisions about anything that happens from there. I'll trust your judgement."

Garm didn't feel like complaining was an option, so he took the headset off and walked between Cerebus and the girl, gently pressing it into her hands and waiting until she'd hidden it in the back pocket of her pants to move, willing Lux to help distort the headset for a moment longer. Once that was done he moved on, finding an empty part of school to deactivate Lux in and sheath Masamune. He no longer felt the need for the sword bag, so he just went to class with the sheathed blade in hand. Suddenly, Garm noticed a man with an eye-patch in a suit beckoning him.

The man approached Garm having made it so only he could see him and nodded for him to follow him to an empty classroom; Garm made sure to hold onto a calm appearance to throw the man off guard. He wasn't disappointed, but the man cut to the chase rather quickly.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Garm. Already I have heard a good deal about you and from what I have heard I hoped we could do business, what do you say about hearing out my offer?"

End Chapter Fifteen Part 2

Chapter 15 Part Three

Masamune remained sheathed. However, the man suddenly found himself unable to move. It was the ring on Garm's right hand, Guardian. It generated a force field that had the man pinned in place. Garm gave the one-eyed man a fierce glare. The one-eyed man went for a smooth lie he'd prepared, thinking Garm easier to fool than Cerberus due to his short time in the school.

"I only wished to ask you to help me...look out for the new girl is all. She's protecting some secret, and it would be best if I knew what it was so I could take proper precautions. There's no need for this. We both work for the principal, right?"

Garm felt this man's lies like he felt the emotions boiling in him as his relatives stole anything they could from him back when he parents had died. They got their due. This man, he hoped, wouldn't need to get his.

"You, I definitely don't like, trust, or relatively desire to cooperate with. I'm no idiot when someone is sniffing around where people don't want them to. If the principal wanted me to aid you, he'd have instructed me to do so. However, he has not. Therefore, I shall not. Now, while I neither have power over you as Morals Committee Chief, since you aren't a student here, nor the ability to report you to the Principal since you are, indeed, a staff member, I do have to power to crush the truth out of you right now."

Garm had figured that the Principal was already in communication with the girl, and though he felt this odd and sudden loyalty to the Principal wasn't normal, he did owe the man more than he'd ever show in the presence of those not in direct contact with the man. Of course, he hadn't ever met the principal before, but he'd traced certain things in his life to the school. It was only a process of elimination from there.

"Okay, okay, so Cerberus wouldn't play nice and I wanted to use you, so what? You're just a tool, same as me. How else could the Principal learn her secret?"

Garm chuckled a bit at that. The cold-hearted sound of his quiet laughter was very off for someone his age.

"Maybe she'll tell him herself? She does have a direct line of communication to him, and a backup through me. Now then...we seem to have picked up an eavesdropper or two. No matter, there's nothing they can do about it anyways. Just like how I am helpless to stop the events that will soon occur."

Garm felt bad though. He'd shown his cold-blooded side to three people, and two of them hadn't been involved with things before. Now, they were, and the least he'd be able to do is help them.

Axel and Lexi had stopped outside an empty classroom, hearing the sound of Garm's voice and that of an adult from within. They missed most of it, catching only the last bit of exchange between the two, mentioning some girl's secret, the Principal, and Garm being some sort of contact point. Axel wasn't sure why, but he knew Garm had noticed them. He grabbed Lexi's wrist, not wanting to chance what might happen to them if the katana wielder caught them, and ran. He hadn't expected Garm to materialize out of the air in front of them, Masamune drawn. Axel's gauntlet sprung into action, realizing that none of the classrooms in this hall were in use this period.

"Now hold on just a moment. I'm not going to hurt you. I should have been paying more attention to the surroundings, so you getting involved is my fault. I merely wanted to apologize and tell you that if you notice anything off, especially about Mr. Hayes, a man named Mark, or Mr. Strauss, please inform me. More than that, I wanted to apologize though."

Garm had picked his words carefully as he sheathed Masamune. Guardian was still ready, but he'd let the eye-patch man go before coming after these two.

"What was all that about? What's with this whole conspiracy-ish meeting?" Lexi seemed more worried about the situation that Garm had mentioned rather than herself.

"Lexi, I don't think that's the best idea..." Axel wasn't disengaging his Chronos Gear. He didn't trust Garm.

"If I tell you, it would mean you wouldn't be safe if anyone figured out that you know about this even a little bit. Just go about your school lives normally, please. I don't want to disrupt things while simply repaying a debt."

Garm walked past them, leaving the two to the silent empty hall. He was halfway down the stairs when he head Axel yell "What kind of movie cliche is this?!" The swordsman sighed and continued on his way, wondering whether Ferris had adjusted to the school already or if she was having difficulties. He remembered her seeing through Lux, even at a great distance. It was eerie, but he felt like the strange girl had somehow marked him as an ally in that instant. He began to wonder just what it was that she was capable of.

End of Chapter 15 Part 3

Chapter 15 Part 4

Garm couldn't believe his luck. Cerberus was now in front of him, cornering him in the Student Council Room with the Pres.

"So, what exactly possessed you to think you could just stand in between us and think I wouldn't notice, hm?"

Cerberus was the only one asking questions. The Pres was giving Garm a rather disquieting look though. Garm had to think fast to divert the Pres' full attention away from him. Even partial attention would be best.

"If you're asking me why, I can only ask you this: who is the man with the eye patch, and why is he so desperate to learn that girl's secret?"

The long black hair of the Student Council President swayed slightly as she turned her eyes on Cerberus, who in turn grew uncomfortable. Garm had been right in guessing that this man hadn't been mentioned in Cerberus' report.

"He's an agent of the Principal; my guess is that he wanted to know what her secret is. I can't say anything more on it though, so please don't ask. I told Ms. Nalilia that her secret was safe with me, and I intend to keep it that way."

Garm chuckled a bit. He hadn't been instructed to keep his orders from the Principal secret should the Pres find out, so he felt safe to explain his side of things.

"He wasn't there on the Principal's orders. I was. I gave her a means to communicate with him while I so boldly stood in between the two of you. Besides, you failed to notice me following you guys the whole way."

"Why would she trust you?"

The quiet question from the Pres startled both of her subordinates.

"I don't know why, but she trusted me. She knew I was following them the entire time, yet never said a word. She did look at me a lot though. Her eyes were giving me this look just begging me to save her from the group of greedy and boring old men she was stuck with. Not counting Cerberus of course."

The Pres raised an eyebrow. This girl was clearly impressive, but that the Principal had so easily gained Garm's trust...

"Why are you taking orders from the Principal in the fist place?"

Garm looked her dead in the eyes and hesitated a moment. Someone else answered in his stead though.

"I saved the boy from his greedy relatives and am also the reason he was able to keep his parents' Chronos Gear. I also had some of my subordinates deal with the hired killers that his relatives were trying to use to gain the rest of the inheritance that is left to him. He owes me a great deal, and I'm holding him to his promise to repay me. Of course, the first time we met was only a few short hours ago. He knew, though. He knew."

Cerberus glared at the Principal, wondering why he hadn't told him about all this.

"Oh, don't give me such a fierce look Cerberus! You wound me! You should know that I always cover all of my bases. Besides, I had a feeling Ferris would be more comfortable with Garm than you. He's much more...trustworthy at first glance."

The odd but powerful man's words left hints at some greater knowledge of Garm's strange connection to Ferris Nalilia, but he deliberately made it so. He knew they'd want to know the truth in time. And he would tell them...in time.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall be returning to my office, wherever that may be at this time of the day."

For once, the man just openly walked away down the hall, humming happily to himself.

Ferris stared at the headset late that night, reflecting on the conversation she'd just had with the Principal. The entire conversation had been said in Latin. Latin. How could he have known she was able to hold a full conversation in Latin? Let alone how he was able to. No one spoke Latin that fluently anymore. Not except for him and herself, of course. The girl looked around her room, reflecting on the day's events. She wondered why she had felt so...trusting of that guy with the sword. There was no basis for that trust, and yet by trusting him she was able to contact the Principal. Such a thing...perhaps it had to with with the Principal's ability or Gear? The mysterious girl tucked the headset under her bed and went to sleep, her mind trying to work out the answers to some of these questions. She had a hunch as to why she had trusted the man with the sword though. The next day would surely bring her some answers and even more questions.

End of Chapter 15 Part 4

End of Chapter 15

((Hope you liked that set up. And no, at this moment, I am not setting up some kind of romantic theme. That's something I would want all of those participating to agree upon before it gets implemented. Oh, and the color I used for the Principal is sea green.))

+
Post ID: 3177517 Posted at: 02-Dec-2012 18:21:11
Craizen
A'ight
Super Mod
Post Likes: 17
+
Geralt was huffing and puffing. With his new job, he figured it more beneficial and time worthy to run early. He had awoken at about 4:30 that morning and changed into his running clothes, a silver long sleeve under amour and black shorts, silver shoes, red over the head head phones. Well modified head phones. He had good grades, but detested paying attention in class if it was boring or such. At year or so back, he had someone modify his head phones to record if he hit an app on his mp3. Then of course he had them modify to boost the signal and audio range. He really hadn't used it much, not with his new classes. None the less he still ran with them to dubstep. He grimaced as he stretched out that morning. He had started running with a weight suit, and as it was only day five, his body was still getting used to the strain.

"Here we go again."

He said to himself as he trudged off at a decent starting path towards the docks. He had five miles to do, and liked jogging near the lightly wooded paths and near the water; he found the smells refreshing and invigorating. He was finish up the last mile, slow off the steady walk to cool down and griping at himself for forgetting his water bottle. He did notice the group of people coming towards the docks, the few teachers and students he recognized. He was a slight distance off, and his jogging attire made him hardly noticeable. However, Cerberus was there, and the man interested him, so why not? He hit the app on his player and turned it up full strength, catching patches of the conversation.

Not really. Same as us I expect. Meet her, introduce ourselves to her, evaluate her, and try and win her over. Get her to favor us over the other. Can't think of anything else as they have already delayed here arrival, you know why?"

"Yeah." "Quite the num- just one gir?"

The head set was shorting out, it was good, not like miltary tech good.

"Indeed! Let's theare six here. Nice to -novan and, of forgive me -rgot your name then again I hear nick-, Cerebus! Don't see why all of us came down here. I think only two or three fine."

"Yes I do prefer -, very nice nickname. I do wish I could - made it up."

"- show her around the town."

Geralt cursed at himself, adjusting it made him loose more than he was already getting.

"Fine idea that is - finished yet but I am sure - counselor has that cov-. Then - detour like that shou-t be much of a worry. What do you - Cerebus?"

"Not a problem with me and shouldn't be a problem with the others? - Anyways it was nice having a chat with you before she arrived and it got busy, but me and - matters to discuss."

Geralt had to stop there, his walked had slowed to a crawl and he was sure Cerebus had already looked his way, plus another but he couldn't pin point it. He had enough enough, for now, or at least to satisfy him. There was a new student coming to the island, a girl. He started again with a power walk and went back to his dorm, taking a shower and eating breakfast, stretching out a again and sipping on a recovery protein shake as he finished some homework and readings. It was around seven now, and was walking towards the class rooms, wondering if any teachers had come early and he could get in, his headphones still around his neck, playing rock now. He rounded a corner and nearly ran into Cerberus, who looked like he was heading somewhere else. Geralt realized he was near the council building.

"You, I saw you this morning. Being nosy huh?"

Geralt just shrugged, he wasn't technically lying. "No, just with the new schedule I decided to run early in the morning, get it done."

"You sure seemed to be hanging around, got another agenda?"

Geralt really had no idea where Cerberus was going with this, but it peaked his interest.

"Naw, just stopped to adjust my headphones, didn't like my song. Plus running with weights tends to slow you down."

The two just held a stare for a moment before continue on their merry way. He was really curious now, there something going on and he was bound to figure it out. He turned back and went into the connecting building of the council, but figured that was not wise. Too many high powered people, too suspicious. He checked a room and noticed his first teacher for that day was there, Algebra. He dropped off his stuff, taking a choice seat, the teacher ignoring him as she sipped her coffee and looked at her tablet in teh semi dark room. He stopped before going back out to try to meet up with a few of his dorm mates, trying to figure out who he he had just saw out in the hall. He could remember one.

"Lexi...yeah, lexi is the girl. I don't remember the guy though. Adam or Alex or something. I dunno, not a pretty face."

He stopped short though of going out, realizing the two were listening at a door next to the room he was in. He put his headphones close, finding a gap in the sound proofing in the walls, lucking out due to a slight hole hidden by a poster, a fix up the school hadn't gotten to yet. Thank heavens for temper tantrums.

"I only wished to ask you to help me...look out for the new girl is all. She's protecting some secret, and it would be best if I knew what it was so I could take proper precautions. There's no need for this. We both work for the principal, right?"

Principal? Garm? Not surprising I guess but who is this other guy. He sounds like a sneak.

"You, I definitely don't like, trust, or relatively desire to cooperate with. I'm no idiot when someone is sniffing around where people don't want them to. If the principal wanted me to aid you, he'd have instructed me to do so. However, he has not. Therefore, I shall not. Now, while I neither have power over you as Morals Committee Chief, since you aren't a student here, nor the ability to report you to the Principal since you are, indeed, a staff member, I do have to power to crush the truth out of you right now."

Oucho, Harsh...

"Okay, okay, so Cerberus wouldn't play nice and I wanted to use you, so what? You're just a tool, same as me. How else could the Principal learn her secret?"

Rather cold laugh there.

"Maybe she'll tell him herself? She does have a direct line of communication to him, and a backup through me. Now then...we seem to have picked up an eavesdropper or two. No matter, there's nothing they can do about it anyways. Just like how I am helpless to stop the events that will soon occur."

He stopped there, stopping the recording and saving it to a synched storage drive on his computer. He was intrigued, this place was shaping up to be intensely more interesting than he original had thought. He heard the girl Lexi and the guy with her being warned by Garm, and he didn't step out till after he was sure he had left.

"Hey, what was that all about? Scary guy creeping on or something?"

His tone was it's normal, not quite jovial, but warm and enticing.

Lexi spoke up first, glance at Axel then back at Geralt. "I dunno, he was having some meeting with some guy. It sounded really odd, like their hiding something."

Axel groaned. "Lexi, the guy just told us to ignore it. He's on the council, seriously."

"Axel be quiet. He's fresh on the council, and I want to trust him I do, but he's still not telling us.

Axel, that was the name.

"But still Lexi, we shouldn't."

Geralt put his hands up. "Hey guys, I just wanted to make sure he wasn't harassing you. Us first years have to stick together right? My names Geralt by the way."

The two introduced themselves, and after comparing schedules, seeing they had a few classes together, went on their way. Geralt went on the rest of of his day, thinking about but not thinking about it, paying attention to his studies. He would have time later. That evening, he was lying in bad, getting ready to go to sleep, rather early for most but good for him, hoping he would see that girl tomorrow. He had too much information and not enough to piece it together. Maybe Garm could help, but that thought scared that crap out him to be Frank. He wasn't sure if he wanted to be that close to the situation yet. It was only eight thirty and he was half asleep already in his bunk, his mates out enjoying the last bit of freedom before curfew.
+
Post ID: 3179272 Posted at: 08-Dec-2012 11:56:52
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
+
MINE!
Next chapter is mine and only mine, got my name on it.

+
Post ID: 3194696 Posted at: 04-Jan-2013 14:52:37
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((Since Night apparently backed out, anyone else want this next chapter, or should I take it?))

+
Displaying Page 1 of 2. First | 1 | 2 | Next | Last | Go To Page:

Subscribe to this topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums
Search this topic:

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

By posting on the SuperCheats forums, you agree to adhere to our forum rules.

BB Codes Guide

Please agree to the following Forum Rules to post here

1) Be respectful of others and don't abuse in any way other site users.
2) Please don't post personally identifiable information.
3) No linking to or advertising hacks, cracks, gambling or adult material.
4) Post with a purpose, i.e don't spam or just post a ton of smilies!
5) Remember minors also use this board, so be careful with your language.

I Agree

LINKS FROM THE WEB..