Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Small Bug is making me mad

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

hatershateme Posted: 21:15 May07 2012 Post ID: 3110986
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Everytime I am on Supercheats, and want to scroll down. Then 3 seconds later, something happens and It scolls back up to what I was looking at previously before I scrolled down.

Browser: Google Chrome

Happens to me everywhere on the site.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Yogi_Bear Posted: 17:28 May09 2012 Post ID: 3111394
Yogi_Bear
Post Likes: 0
+
How are you scrolling? Scroll bar on the right, the arrows, pg up/down, scroll wheel? Is it only happening on Supercheats?
Thanks Craizen

Proc^^
++Pixel Euphoria
balthiersbit Posted: 18:09 May09 2012 Post ID: 3111410
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
That used to happen with me when I used Firefox but it only happened on PXE. Eh

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

TestVirus101 Posted: 22:34 May09 2012 Post ID: 3111508
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
I've never had that happen with Firefox and Windows 7. Usually the first time I load SC each time I start my computer it tends to freeze my computer for a few seconds though.

As for your problem though, does it just do it once or does it do it to the point that you can't scroll down in threads because you keep getting taken back to the top?
hatershateme Posted: 20:36 May10 2012 Post ID: 3111705
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
Yogi_Bear said:How are you scrolling? Scroll bar on the right, the arrows, pg up/down, scroll wheel? Is it only happening on Supercheats?

The scroll Bar on the right
TestVirus101 said:I've never had that happen with Firefox and Windows 7. Usually the first time I load SC each time I start my computer it tends to freeze my computer for a few seconds though.

As for your problem though, does it just do it once or does it do it to the point that you can't scroll down in threads because you keep getting taken back to the top?

It does it when I scroll, everytime. I can get down the page, but it goes back up. Then I have to scroll back down

-Does that make sense ?

« Last edited by hatershateme on May 10th 2012 »

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 20:42 May10 2012 Post ID: 3111708
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
TestVirus101 said:Usually the first time I load SC each time I start my computer it tends to freeze my computer for a few seconds though.

That would be because of this line of code.

@font-face {
font-family: 'MEgalopolisExtraRegular';
src: url('fonts/MEgalopolisExtra.eot');
src: local('MEgalopolis Extra Regular'), local('MEgalopolisExtra'), url('fonts/MEgalopolisExtra.woff') format('woff'), url('fonts/MEgalopolisExtra.otf') format('opentype'), url('fonts/MEgalopolisExtra.svg#MEgalopolisExtra') format('svg');
}

You ever notice that fat looking font on the main site? That's MEgalopolis. It freezes because SC is transferring the font file to your computer and applying it to your temporary data so you can see the font.
TestVirus101 Posted: 20:45 May10 2012 Post ID: 3111710
TestVirus101
+
Forgoten_Scars said:
TestVirus101 said:Usually the first time I load SC each time I start my computer it tends to freeze my computer for a few seconds though.

That would be because of this line of code.

@font-face {
font-family: 'MEgalopolisExtraRegular';
src: url('fonts/MEgalopolisExtra.eot');
src: local('MEgalopolis Extra Regular'), local('MEgalopolisExtra'), url('fonts/MEgalopolisExtra.woff') format('woff'), url('fonts/MEgalopolisExtra.otf') format('opentype'), url('fonts/MEgalopolisExtra.svg#MEgalopolisExtra') format('svg');
}

You ever notice that fat looking font on the main site? That's MEgalopolis. It freezes because SC is transferring the font file to your computer and applying it to your temporary data so you can see the font.

Is there a way I can permanently store this on my computer so it doesn't need to send me it?
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 20:51 May10 2012 Post ID: 3111711
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Don't know. I have it installed on my computer so I can make artwork for SC... but I can't remember if it still freezes for me or not. I don't think you can get around it without asking Rich to strip the line of code from the CSS.
Jay_Dee Posted: 23:32 May11 2012 Post ID: 3112045
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
Firefox will do this occasionally for me, too, though it hasn't happened on this site.
To me, it seems like it'll jump back to the top of the page if I started scrolling down before a page finished loading. So, when the page has just fully loaded, it'll jump back to the top. That's as close of a solution as I can think for you - just wait until the page is loaded.
Though I'm not sure if I fully understand your problem - does it continually go back up to the top, or just one time on each page?

Pollo said:You ever notice that fat looking font on the main site? That's MEgalopolis. It freezes because SC is transferring the font file to your computer and applying it to your temporary data so you can see the font.

Gotta love it when one of the basic rules of web design is broken - don't use non-defaulted fonts.

TestVirus101 said:Is there a way I can permanently store this on my computer so it doesn't need to send me it?

If you install the font onto your computer, it shouldn't freeze up anymore.
http://www.smeltery.net/fonts/megalopolis-extra
There's a download link near the bottom of the right column. Some 'OpenType' box will pop up after you click 'Download.' Click that box again to start the download of the '.zip'
TestVirus101 Posted: 23:44 May11 2012 Post ID: 3112046
TestVirus101
+
Jay_Dee said:Firefox will do this occasionally for me, too, though it hasn't happened on this site.
To me, it seems like it'll jump back to the top of the page if I started scrolling down before a page finished loading. So, when the page has just fully loaded, it'll jump back to the top. That's as close of a solution as I can think for you - just wait until the page is loaded.
Though I'm not sure if I fully understand your problem - does it continually go back up to the top, or just one time on each page?

Pollo said:You ever notice that fat looking font on the main site? That's MEgalopolis. It freezes because SC is transferring the font file to your computer and applying it to your temporary data so you can see the font.

Gotta love it when one of the basic rules of web design is broken - don't use non-defaulted fonts.

TestVirus101 said:Is there a way I can permanently store this on my computer so it doesn't need to send me it?

If you install the font onto your computer, it shouldn't freeze up anymore.
http://www.smeltery.net/fonts/megalopolis-extra
There's a download link near the bottom of the right column. Some 'OpenType' box will pop up after you click 'Download.' Click that box again to start the download of the '.zip'

Thanks, I've installed it, hopefully this should fix my problem.
Jay_Dee Posted: 23:56 May11 2012 Post ID: 3112049
Jay_Dee
Post Likes: 10
+
It should, though I won't guarantee it.
I can't see a reason why it wouldn't though, considering the browser will no longer have to dedicate resources to allowing you to see the font.
The big thing, I suppose, would be if the downloaded font is a different version than what the site uses, but I don't think that should do anything.
I guess we'll see.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close