Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Attention Toonami Fans, Rejoice!.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 16:06 Jun10 2012 Post ID: 3118648
Cervantes De Leon
Post Likes: 0
+
imaloony8.0 said:Also, from what a friend tells me, you need to watch some sort of movie before Ghost in the Shell makes sense...?

Allow me to explain.
The movie you are most likely referring to is the 1995 movie Ghost in the Shell. In 2002, a series called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (commonly shortened to GitS: SAC), was released, which essentially just takes the characters and does its own thing with them, in no way tying itself to the original film(or manga)'s plot. A reboot, if you will. This was followed by a second season (GitS: SAC 2nd Gig) in 2004 and a movie (Gits: SAC: Solid State Society) in 2006. 2008 saw Ghost in the Shell: Innocense, a sequel to the original film 13 years prior.

tl;dr, no, you don't need anything prior to watching the Ghost in the Shell series. It's just a show that screws with your head a bit and leaves aspects open to your own interpretation. The thinking man's anime, if you will.

Back on topic, I would watch Toonami...if I was actually able to. Sometimes being in the UK sucks.

By ozzo

Mission debriefing: Now available
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Craizen Posted: 14:22 Jun14 2012 Post ID: 3120049
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
It's not in the Uk?

I haven't been able to watch lately, I started working.
At Night
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 14:46 Jun17 2012 Post ID: 3120895
Cervantes De Leon
+
If it is, then I don't have the capability to watch it. Don't have satellite TV or anything fancy like that.

By ozzo

M.J Posted: 09:13 Jun19 2012 Post ID: 3121440
M.J
Post Likes: 3
+
GITS: SAC

Some episodes are Stand Alone meaning they hold no importance to the main story plot

The other episodes are complex which does deal with the main plot with the laughing man

So in other words the first film does lead into SAC, whilst the second film leads on after SAC. So yes the films are definitely part of the series...

If you want more info on this just click here and it might help quite a bit with the confusion.
http://www.absoluteanime.co...7&t=1162
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
Cervantes De Leon Posted: 14:44 Jun22 2012 Post ID: 3122499
Cervantes De Leon
+
M.J said:GITS: SAC

Some episodes are Stand Alone meaning they hold no importance to the main story plot

The other episodes are complex which does deal with the main plot with the laughing man

So in other words the first film does lead into SAC, whilst the second film leads on after SAC. So yes the films are definitely part of the series...

If you want more info on this just click here and it might help quite a bit with the confusion.
http://www.absoluteanime.co...7&t=1162

Spoiler:
click to reveal

Apologies for the all-out geekfest there. Stand Alone Complex is one of my favourite anime shows.

By ozzo

Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close