Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Old Mods Quit....or kicked?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 12 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
InvertAlpha Posted: 13:17 Jun27 2012 Post ID: 3124155
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
Well that was when people were frequently attacking the forums. Basically those attacks stopped right before August 2009 (which was the second huge S-Mod additions).
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
pikash Posted: 14:29 Jun27 2012 Post ID: 3124189
pikash
Post Likes: 0
+
steelersrock01 said:
pikash said:Man, I don't understand any of this, can't people involved with moderators just use the usernames? That's part of the reason there there for, after all.

I'm assuming you're talking to me. Sorry lol, I forgot not everyone knows his name. Nick is Yogi_Bear. He modded General Chat with me.

Not speccificly you, I just don't understand why people don't use usernames, because as I've said, that's why there there, and to me, if most people know the actual names of people, why even have usernames? And sorry I'm Pikash, I forgot my password( thumps head playfully).

Gym slogan: Gotta catch'em all!
Fufil your pokmon dreams! http://teams.supercheats.co...odvsevil
THREE, TWO, ONE, LET IT RIP! http://teams.supercheats.com/wbba
Yu-like-yu-gi-oh? Well, now you can prove it! http://teams.supercheats.co...tstation
sphynxx Posted: 18:30 Jun27 2012 Post ID: 3124255
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
People don't use the usernames because we've grown into a fairly close community.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
TestVirus101 Posted: 22:02 Jun27 2012 Post ID: 3124301
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
Usernames are the best, real names are for noobs.
sphynxx Posted: 00:51 Jun28 2012 Post ID: 3124326
sphynxx
+
Ok Steve, whatever you say.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

pikash Posted: 06:03 Jul01 2012 Post ID: 3125526
pikash
+
I see what yu did there, and, in metophorical terms, no comment...

Yu-like-yu-gi-oh? Well, now you can prove it! http://teams.supercheats.co...tstation
Juli Posted: 22:49 Jul04 2012 Post ID: 3126723
Juli
+
But, what if their username is their name?

Avy&Sig by Saphy.
Damn... My English still isn't perfect...
sphynxx Posted: 01:42 Jul05 2012 Post ID: 3126751
sphynxx
+
yeah! My name's like, totaaallly Sphynxx.

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 01:55 Jul05 2012 Post ID: 3126753
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
lolVasco
sphynxx Posted: 01:57 Jul05 2012 Post ID: 3126754
sphynxx
+
Vas-shoe :D

pikash Posted: 16:26 Jul06 2012 Post ID: 3127153
pikash
+
Juli said:But, what if their username is their name?

That's not even allowed on most sites, so I doubt it's allowed hereWiseguy oh wait, I see...

Keyblade21 Posted: 16:56 Jul06 2012 Post ID: 3127163
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
pikash said:That's not even allowed on most sites, so I doubt it's allowed hereWiseguy oh wait, I see...

Generally on sites your full name isn't allowed but they don't give a rat's @ss if you only use your first name.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
sphynxx Posted: 23:27 Jul06 2012 Post ID: 3127280
sphynxx
+
pikash said:
Juli said:But, what if their username is their name?

That's not even allowed on most sites, so I doubt it's allowed hereWiseguy oh wait, I see...

What sites are you on about? I've never once signed up to a site that says "You cannot have your full name on display" and forces me to enter some garbage like "Thisisn'tarealname"

For all you people know, Sphynxx is my real name, and I just tell people it's Josh to fool them.

Point is; it's the internet. A full name means nothing without further information.

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 23:31 Jul06 2012 Post ID: 3127281
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
My name's Alexis Lingwood. I'll make an account named that soon. :D
steelersrock01 Posted: 23:41 Jul06 2012 Post ID: 3127287
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
My real name is steelersrock01. It's French, I wouldn't expect you to understand it.
sphynxx Posted: 00:23 Jul07 2012 Post ID: 3127292
sphynxx
+
I thought it was Nigerian Dx

jose22_1986 Posted: 15:21 Jul07 2012 Post ID: 3127409
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
v-gamer said:
Juli said:Hm... This topic is really interesting. It brings up a few points that I thought should've been discussed in the past.

Most people with power actually don't do anything, or they get so egotistical that they delete posts from people that have arguments with them in the past and everything...

Anyway, yes, most people with the mod powers actually wouldn't do their job because they are so enamoured by the power or feeling superior to users.

When I was last visiting the site before I took another break, back in March or whatever, I saw an example of this happening with a current staff member. I won't name names, but a post was deleted and a member was warned, and another member doing practically the same thing got nothing done to them - and I know that he or she didn't like the member they warned, and were very friendly with the member who didn't do anything.

In fact, I think there should be a new moderation system where the moderators vote on an action before actually doing anything. Whether it's deleting a post, deleting/closing a topic, or banning a member - I think if someone's an obvious spammer or advertizer that they should be banned immediately, or if a topic clearly belongs somewhere else you can go and do that. But trusting one person's judgment to carry out an action has clearly led to some controversy and, apparently, it still does.

With the new Report system in place, I hope that the staff might be able to use the reports as polls to vote upon and discuss something - within 24 hours, based on the discussion in the topic, act through what the majority has voted upon and post to say what you did (probably the first person to see the Report topic or something).

This might encourage the current Staff to be more active, as well. If you're constantly missing from discussions, well then... What exactly are you doing? Unless, of course, you have a reason for being inactive.

Anyway, just a thought. Take from it what you will.

This was one of the main reasons I left this website. I remember a member being denied a spot at returning because "they basically only said I already mod here so I think I should still be able to mod here." Yet I lost my spot chance to someone who did the same thing, was told my application was too short though theres was half its size. I had made the only active thread on that forum in months but still I was shut down by a former mod who had hardly posted there at all. I won't say I deserved the spot since I'm not sure I did but I still maintain that I deserved it more than that person did.

Everyone was always playing favorites and had their own little band of friends, (many of them mods.) who they always went along with. When I raised points about issues or some area here I felt I'd been wronged they were just shrugged off by the moderation. (I haven't checked but somehow I'm sure the rules still haven't been fixed.) Perhaps the last straw for me was when I was attacked by a group of members for something that should have been very difficult to read as offensive just because one member managed to take offense to it and the rest of the members in the group decided that I must have said something against them. I won't name who this member was but I will mention that you were part of the group that decided to attack me without reading into my post at all.(and one of the few that apologized) It was pretty clear to me that if you weren't in the group you weren't welcome here and by the way members were steadily dropping I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt it. Ironic how the old established members seemed to be the ones pushing people away.

Anyhoo, I just remembered this place existed since I was googling my username(Symbol de Au which I use on most other websites) and found some of my old avatars from here, started lurking and found this thread. I may actually stay this time, now that the old mod issue is sorted out some not that anyone particularly cares.(and I probably won't stay.)

« Last edited by jose22_1986 on Jul 7th 2012 »
sphynxx Posted: 15:42 Jul07 2012 Post ID: 3127415
sphynxx
+
PM me this instance of being "attacked" im interested in having a nosey at it :D

Craizen Posted: 20:40 Jul07 2012 Post ID: 3127480
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Hey Jose, glad to see you. Come back to teams now ;_;
jose22_1986 Posted: 12:26 Jul08 2012 Post ID: 3127606
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
Yes I rejoined teams starting with the players pit cuz it's supposed to be full of weirdos like myself.

Back on topic. Heh...mods. Pretty cool listing now though. Glad to see less of them and glad to see Derek as admin.
Displaying Page 12 of 15
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close