Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Food for the homeless

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Forgoten_Scars Posted: 12:45 Jun13 2012 Post ID: 3119495
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Anyone who's had to work for a living knows what it's like to eat on a tight budget. What do you normally fix to eat when you don't have a lot of money, or you're just wanting to save some cash for later?

I've fixed some pretty odd things before, and I've found some stuff that's actually pretty good for being so cheap.

A few weeks ago I made some freaky dish that was under $1.50, and filled me up all day. All I did was cook 2 packs of those crappy chicken Maruchan Ramen Noodles, added a can of tomato sauce, 2 tea spoons of garlic powder, and a bit of pepper.

It was like sex in my mouth, and not the gay kind either. I was stuffed for an entire day.

Anybody tried the PB&J diet?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Axionas Posted: 12:48 Jun13 2012 Post ID: 3119497
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
Simple and delicious little plate.

Take a corn tortilla, fry it, then fry and egg and some ham. Fry that and stack them on top of one another.

Probably extremely unhealthy but it's filling.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 12:50 Jun13 2012 Post ID: 3119498
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
Sounds good. I think mine is somewhat healthy.
dark_wolf_33 Posted: 03:06 Jun14 2012 Post ID: 3119792
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
When I'm strapped, I like to heat up some tuna in a saucepan, crush some garlic cloves and toss those in, then add a little bit of black and cayenne pepper. Served with a bowl of white rice, usually. Pretty cheap and tasty.
Keyblade21 Posted: 03:46 Jun14 2012 Post ID: 3119835
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
Sometimes i'll have a Tortilla shell with cheese in it, and ham and such. It's my cool little version of a Quesadilla. Other times i'll just put a couple packs of Roman Noodles in a pan of water and boil it, then add the seasoning and eat. I buy Nissin Roman Noodles, none of that Maruchan stuff.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
sphynxx Posted: 04:56 Jun14 2012 Post ID: 3119837
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
I eat real food like apples & bananas

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
steelersrock01 Posted: 08:57 Jun14 2012 Post ID: 3119885
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
sphynxx said:I eat real food like apples & bananas

Same. And grapes. Grapes are amazing
Pravinj Posted: 09:41 Jun14 2012 Post ID: 3119925
Pravinj
^Oh look! my username...
Post Likes: 60
+
Don't gag, but I love eating plain cornflakes and spicy dhal...I know...gross, but it's tasty!

Alternatively, I eat something like eggs and toast or bread with seenisambol (it's a local dish in Sri Lanka, it's basically really spicy caramelized onions with some spices tossed in, I really like it because it's spicy and sweet because of the caremalized onions)

And of course, fruits, mainly bananas and grapes.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Email: [email protected]
~Avy and Sig by me~
Craizen Posted: 13:34 Jun14 2012 Post ID: 3120033
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
It's not like it's hard to eat on a budget, it's just whatever. I can pick up cheap hamburger, ramen and a can of tomato sauce for less the four bucks and have dinner for few days
Keyblade21 Posted: 23:29 Jun14 2012 Post ID: 3120232
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
I mean generally if i'm going to eat cheap i'll just grab some Roman Noodles, but if i'm not lazy i'll usually by something along the lines of what Craizen gets.

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Juli Posted: 07:06 Jun15 2012 Post ID: 3120287
Juli
Post Likes: 0
+
Eating on a tight budget? Well, because of how Costa Rican's usually eat, we already have a low-cost budget unless you go fancy all the time. We are used to a side-dish of whatever veggies [usually corn, potatoes or plantation... fried plantation is heavenly] grilled whatever meat or poultry... and then a big dish of rice and beans. All for around $5 if bought in the right place!

But again, we eat like this every day because that's just how farmers always eat. And for dinner, we eat left over rice and beans, all fixed together, with sour cream and plantation and a mug of coffee [cept the coffee for me, eewwww]. <3

Oh, and tortillas, home made tortillas with cheese.. and maybe ham. I'm hungry. :/

Avy&Sig by Saphy.
Damn... My English still isn't perfect...
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close