Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Advent of the Nexus: The Only Way Home

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 9 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Craizen Posted: 10:26 Jan02 2013 Post ID: 3192903
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
"Well, at least the scenery is something more to look at."

It was an earnest statement, not sarcastic as he went through the portal, and landed lightly on the cool stones of the temple, examining the architecture and looking for runes or symbols to establish the origin.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:49 Jan04 2013 Post ID: 3194692
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
"My thoughts exactly."

Pan walked through, leaving the opening in place for the other two to follow through.

"Welcome to the Temple of Origin. This is the first place to ever exist besides the Nexus. The starting point of all creation. I don't really know why, but the path you requested leads here. It's up to you to decide which path to take after this. All I can do from here on is open the doors."

Pan ran a hand through his messy gold hair and looked around. There were no carvings, no statues, no signs of culture anywhere. Just plain columns with no features at all, smooth walls, no windows, yet somehow enough light to see perfectly well. Across the room is a stone staircase, narrow and very sturdy looking, with pools of crystal clear water reflecting light up from below, casting a beautiful ripple of light along the far walls. At the top of the stairs appears to be another room.
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Craizen Posted: 16:40 Jan04 2013 Post ID: 3194783
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zada was pondering again, it was curious. No distinctions, no scraps of or ornate cloth, not even a architectural signature. Then again, the simplicity of it all could be the style, the need for distinction spawning what most were used to seeing today, the grandness of it all.

"It is so early they didn't even feel a need to distinct themselves; this was already all they needed and felt distinguished themselves."

He kept glancing around, their had to be records, books, tapestry, paintings of it all somewhere. It was almost unnerving in a way. It shouldn't be too early for unwritten history should it? He walked on, getting close the staircase, running his hands through the water, which strangely enough wasn't stagnate from age. Perhaps a natural source...or yet a caretaker. He headed up the stairs, bound and determined to learn more somehow.
penguinlord352 Posted: 19:11 Jan04 2013 Post ID: 3194876
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Pan followed, chuckling. Zada's curiousity was amusing him. The sound of their footsteps echoed through the featureless temple. Pan wondered if his words earlier had even registered with Zada. Still, the room beyond was one that even he was surprised by. Within was a very small and dark room resembling a bedroom from an old castle. A hall led to further chambers beyond, as featureless and well lit as the room they had entered through, but in the room atop the stairs was a very ornately decorated room with hand carved wood furniture lit only by firelight. The bed was in a corner beside a fireplace carved out of the wall. It was made of a very delicately carved wood with a thin silk draped over the bed from a hook on the room, encircling the red silken sheets and pillows elegantly. Sitting in an armchair by the fireplace was a woman with light blue hair and a flowing gown matching it with her feet bare.

"Oh, my. Hello. Who might you be?"

The woman seemed mildly surprised to see the two. She held a steaming tea cup in her hands on a small plate. The flames flickered suddenly as a log shifted in the fireplace, casting a brighter light in the room.

Craizen Posted: 13:08 Jan07 2013 Post ID: 3196554
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zada gave a short bow to the woman before sitting cross legged in the small room, tapping his fingers together. He wanted to ask a question, but only that would seem fitting. He felt who are you would be too simple and would answered anyways. Where had already been answered. He furrowed his brow, sitting there a full five minutes before asking.

"I am Zada Za'Ay of the Zioness. But if I may ask of you, What Hisotry have you seen pass through this place?"
penguinlord352 Posted: 14:25 Jan07 2013 Post ID: 3196607
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
The woman tilted her head, confused. Something in the words or actions of Zada had puzzled her. She sat there, silently for a moment, blinking at the two. Then she gave them a nervous smile, as though worried they were unstable.

"None."

The woman's answer brought a quiet chuckle to Pan, as he was somehow amused by this. The woman took it to mean that he had known this while his companion hadn't listened to his words or that the golden eyed man had simply neglected to tell the one who had sat upon the floor of this.

nightmare2 Posted: 15:45 Apr06 2013 Post ID: 3232163
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
((so im gonna need a quick update if ya want me to hop back in))
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
penguinlord352 Posted: 13:48 Apr07 2013 Post ID: 3232379
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
((They left the non-existence pocket, a woman of power and magic joined them after being saved by Pan via the Nexus, and now they are following a path decided by Zada to see the origin of existence. AKA, they're in the Temple of Origin. I left the portal open so that your character and the new one, whom I'm assuming has given up on posting here, could follow when you rejoin us. Just read the last few posts' non-brightly colored text to get a general idea of the area's appearance and such. Pan and Zada, mostly Zada, are currently talking to a mysterious woman.))

Craizen Posted: 12:04 Apr12 2013 Post ID: 3234048
Craizen
A'ight
+
"This is a stupid question Pan, but if this is the first place ever existed besides the Nexus, would this mean it's one of the only places safe from destruction, to bore the creation of the world once more?"
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:58 Apr12 2013 Post ID: 3234348
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"It is a stupid question."

Pan then turned to look at their erstwhile host, who smiled and took the hint.

"In 500 of your 'years', this location will cease to exist. Only the Nexus is timeless and outside the realm of true existence."

Craizen Posted: 14:53 Apr13 2013 Post ID: 3234795
Craizen
A'ight
+
Well that had answered his question, maybe finally he was getting answer. He placed his hand under his head and smiled.

"Well Pan brought me here, and so far your the first person I've stumbled upon. Shall I continue looking or is someone going to tell me what's a purpose here. I don't mind continuing looking but I feel this place is too large for it be of any use. If indeed this place is just as fragile as anywhere else, why exist. Why start my journey here?"
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:24 Apr16 2013 Post ID: 3237040
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
The woman chuckled.

"What journey kind of journey would it be if you didn't start it from the beginning? It certainly wouldn't be your journey, that I can say with certainty. Have I answered to your satisfaction, or answered correctly?"

The goddess seemed to be testing Zada with this question, as an expectant gleam in her eyes seemed to make the room a bit brighter.

Craizen Posted: 14:11 Apr17 2013 Post ID: 3237328
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zada finally gave a smile, a genuine one. "Perfectly. But if you don't mind, I really would like to explore more. Something is eating at me."

He uncrossed his legs and stood, lightly stretching, mainly to linger and hopes there last remaining friend would arrive and to wait for any last saying.s
penguinlord352 Posted: 22:17 Jun04 2013 Post ID: 3250880
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"Please, feel free."

The woman gestured towards the other exit, a tunnel leading deeper into the ruins.

"Only one other lives here, though I doubt you will be entirely happy to see him."

Craizen Posted: 12:01 Jun14 2013 Post ID: 3252760
Craizen
A'ight
+
He raised an eyebrow, giving a look of ponder before going through the other exit and examining the ruins as he waked down, taking a brisk pace. He didn't feel entirely comfortable if his thoughts were correct. Things never stayed "normal" for long. He walked along, as three short clicks and soft pops burst in the air around his head as three flames circled around and gave full illumination of himself he walked.

"I wonder who I'm going to find," he said softly, a smile forming on his face.

His other thought was thinking about he sounded as spoke earlier, his deep sinister and most questions didn't always go together.

« Last edited by Craizen on Jun 14th 2013 »
penguinlord352 Posted: 12:50 Jun14 2013 Post ID: 3252766
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
After a while the walls began to look older suddenly. Carved Greek omegas were scattered along the floor, walls, and ceiling with no discernible pattern. There were burn marks and holes decorating the corridor.

A second source of light, a flame at the distant end of this particular passage, marked the next dwelling place.

Pan followed a ways behind his employer, giving him the space he needed.

Craizen Posted: 13:51 Jun14 2013 Post ID: 3252779
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zada slowly traced the omegas, noting the craftsmanship and trying to figure out the holes. His sense were starting to tingle, if what that woman earlier had said was truth. He took his time walking down, finally snuffing his own flames as he entered the light at the end, glancing around but not saying anything yet. He glanced back purely to check on Pan before turning his back to the room.
penguinlord352 Posted: 13:58 Jun14 2013 Post ID: 3252782
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Everything was illuminated by a large fire at the far end of the room, flanked by two stone doorways. There was no furniture in the room at all, save a stool in front of the fire. On it sat the silhouette of a man, though the fire was too bright to identify him by appearance.

Craizen Posted: 14:10 Jun14 2013 Post ID: 3252788
Craizen
A'ight
+
Zada steadily walked into the room, stopping about twenty from the man and examining the doorways. He would have approached them getting to close right now seemed the poorer move. The fire was near blinding, but his eyes adjust as he stared at the man sitting, taking his own usual cross legged place on the floor.

"Might impressive fire you have there. You would think you'd be hot sitting so close."

Zada didn't bother to introduce in pleasantries, a conversation seemed simpler.
penguinlord352 Posted: 13:43 Jun15 2013 Post ID: 3252992
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Being the deity of the end of all things is a cold, lonely business traveler. This fire barely helps warm me at all.

The man spoke without turning, without twitching. He then stoked the flames with a blade whose hand guard was shaped like a Greek omega.

Displaying Page 9 of 11
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close