Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Keep the story going.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 43 of 66
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | ... | 64 | 65 | Last     Previous | Next
Matt77 Posted: 08:27 Dec16 2015 Post ID: 3397618
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
However, she still didn't understand how Peter appeared in the car. However, she put that to one side, & told Peter & Megan about her past with McBain.
"He was my partner back when I worked in the force; we worked on hundreds of cases together, some were really tough, & often we had to bend the rules. We did some bad stuff once, someone got killed, an officer & friend of ours got kidnapped & raped, & McBain got sent to prison on a 10-year sentence; he got out after 4. He's always had a grudge against me; he's convinced it was my fault entirely that he went to prison, & that I should have been sent away with him."

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
CrypticWizard Posted: 11:58 Dec17 2015 Post ID: 3397664
CrypticWizard
Most Cryptic Of All Wizards
Post Likes: 226
+
"Anyway, by that time I had quit the force to devote more time to raising you. McBain then got into some kind of trading business, which looked legitimate on the surface. But I heard about some shady stuff going on, and, well, once a detective, always a detective. I managed to get some pictures, and I was going to expose him. But he found out I had them--I don't know how. That was when I was contacted by Montgomery. He threatened to hurt you--both of you--if I didn't turn the pictures over to McBain."
I want my old avatar back...
I wonder if anyone will bother trying to read what this says.
Matt77 Posted: 00:04 Dec18 2015 Post ID: 3397700
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
This was when Peter knew he also had to come clean about his past.
"Straight after I came out of college, I got an offer from the FBI to come and do training in their facilities. After 2 years, they gave me a proper job as a detective. I've got a lot of friends from back there, so no-one will be hurting us"
Peter is 36, two years older than Sarah (it's his birthday soon), who is 35. He had got the job when he was 20 and quit at 24, and 2 years later, he and Sarah met. Sarah joined the force at 20, and worked with McBain for 3 years. 1 year after she quit, she met Peter. 4 months later Sarah fell pregnant, & they got married 1 month before Megan was born.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Dec 24th 2015 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

CrypticWizard Posted: 21:05 Dec23 2015 Post ID: 3398260
CrypticWizard
+
(Actually, if Megan is 12, as has already been established, then by your math Sarah would be 35, not 37)

Sarah slowed the car down as she turned onto the street where they lived. However, as she approached their house, she was surprised to see a vehicle parked in the driveway, an exact duplicate of the one they were in. However, it didn't look like anyone was in the house.
Matt77 Posted: 04:33 Dec24 2015 Post ID: 3398315
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
(I wondered whether I would make a mistake with the complicated calculation, so thanks for clearing that up)

Peter slowly got out of the car and inspected the car. Inside, no-one was visible, but he caught something in the corner of his eye.
"What's going on Mom", Megan whispered.
"Honestly, I have no idea honey", Sarah replied.
When Peter opened the car boot, there was a hammer covered in blood, beside a white envelope.

ViolinViolinViolin

Street Kombat Posted: 17:54 Dec27 2015 Post ID: 3398515
Street Kombat
Post Likes: 9
+
Upon closer inspection, Peter discovered the "blood" was actually just red paint. The envelope had nothing on it, but it was a security envelope and was sealed. He opened it to find a roll of photographic negatives inside. He looked closely at them--they were negatives of the photos Sarah has given to McBain. He showed them to her.

« Last edited by Street Kombat on Dec 27th 2015 »

Plug in and power up!
Matt77 Posted: 07:59 Dec28 2015 Post ID: 3398589
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"...but these burned in the car", Sarah said, stunned.
Sarah took a closer look at all the photographs, when suddenly she sighted a faint white smudge on one of the photos. Sarah wondered whether perhaps it was part of a message hidden on the photograph. Sarah had bought Megan an portable ultraviolet sensor for her birthday, so Megan insisted she go and get it.
Megan slowly opened the front door, peering through the crack incase someone was inside. She could see no-one, so she proceeded through the entrance.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:46 Dec28 2015 Post ID: 3398611
CrypticWizard
+
She entered her bedroom and picked up the sensor from its shelf. As she did so, a small piece of paper that was under it fluttered to the floor. Megan picked it up and looked at it, and was rather surprised by what it said.
Matt77 Posted: 23:37 Dec28 2015 Post ID: 3398673
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"Your neck"
This sounded very similar to "You're next", so Megan checked her neck in the mirror to find a tattoo with the number 353 on the side. She had never got this tattoo, and would never get one, so she wondered how it got on her neck. She looked at it again, and was horrified, as the number was now 352.
As she raced out to tell her parents about the tattoo, she sighted tattoos on both her parents necks. But these both had the number 3 on them. Megan hovered the ultraviolet light over the photograph, and it revealed the sentence "When you see this image, you will have 7 minutes to live"
"Honey", Sarah called out, "When did you get a tattoo of the number 7 on your neck?"

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:43 Dec29 2015 Post ID: 3398717
CrypticWizard
+
For some reason, however, the numbers on her parents necks didn't change, and the one on hers stopped at 7. She checked the next picture in the roll of negatives and saw another message, and breathed a sigh of relief. That explains it, she thought to herself.
Matt77 Posted: 19:38 Dec29 2015 Post ID: 3398750
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"This was a test. Well done you've passed it"
Sarah noticed Peter & Megan's tattoos faded away, as did hers. Since they were home now and nothing weird was happening, they made their way inside their home.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 13:31 Dec30 2015 Post ID: 3398813
CrypticWizard
+
But there was still the question of the duplicate car in their driveway. They then heard voices coming from the living room. They went in there and saw the TV was on, and the door leading into the backyard was open. "That's odd," Megan said, "the TV wasn't on when I came in to get the sensor. I would have heard it." Then Peter saw there was someone in the backyard. When the person saw Peter, they turned to run, but Peter rushed out the back door in pursuit.
Matt77 Posted: 20:06 Dec31 2015 Post ID: 3398880
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The intruder attempted to climb the fence, but because of his rather large size, he fell down in a heap. Panting and puffing, he saw Peter's angry face loom over him.
"Who are you and are you with anyone else?!", Peter yelled.
"Don't kill me, please!", he pleaded.
"...why would I want to kill you?", Peter replied, confused.
The man tried to get up and run, but was pushed back to the ground, this time by someone else.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 12:28 Jan02 2016 Post ID: 3399004
CrypticWizard
+
Peter was surprised to see Megan pushing the man back down. Her face was twisted in rage.
"WHO ARE YOU!?" she screamed at him.
The man didn't answer, so Megan kicked him in the stomach, hard. "ANSWER ME!!" she demanded.
Peter was shocked. He had never seen his daughter act like this before.
Matt77 Posted: 18:21 Jan02 2016 Post ID: 3399048
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"B...Brent Tyler", he replied.
"Well that wasn't too hard now was it!", she yelled again.
As Sarah was watching from the side, she called the police. However, when she reached the station, she heard a familiar voice. It was one she had heard a long time ago.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 10:30 Jan03 2016 Post ID: 3399142
CrypticWizard
+
It was Eric, the first partner she had worked with when she joined the force. She had only worked with him for two weeks before he transferred to the SVU division. But hadn't he left the force shortly after she did? Would he have joined again? She decided to forget about that for now and explained the situation.
"Brent Tyler?" her old partner asked. "Detective Brent Tyler?"
Sarah looked back into the backyard and saw the man take out his badge.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jan 25th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 00:21 Jan04 2016 Post ID: 3399198
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
"How on Earth is that ugly lump of a man a detective?", she asked with curiosity.
"Sarah, he's my boss, and he wont appreciate that. Sarah I'm really sorry but we're investigating you relating to the McGuire incident back with McBain", he explained. "You've probably thought you've seen all sorts of weird stuff happening lately. I'm sorry I can't say anymore Sarah, we'll talk soon."
Speechless, Sarah ended the call. What if they find out about 2020 Blackclover?, she thought.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 16:04 Jan04 2016 Post ID: 3399245
CrypticWizard
+
There had been a call of a disturbance at 2020 Blackclover Blvd one night, and she and her partner had been sent to investigate. When they arrived, everything seemed calm, but they went to the front door anyway. They noticed then that the door was ajar, and a strange smell was coming from inside. Nothing cold have prepared them for what they saw when they entered the house.

« Last edited by CrypticWizard on Jan 4th 2016 »
Matt77 Posted: 19:56 Jan04 2016 Post ID: 3399256
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
Spread across all the rooms in the house were bodies of women, all looking almost identical. Same hair colour, eye colour, skin colour, height, weight it seemed. Whether they were actually identical somehow or they had been dressed up, this was a horrible sight for Sarah and Mark (her old partner).
"I'll check upstairs", Sarah had said.
As she slowly creeped up the stairs, she could hear a faint voice echoing from a room.
"Mark I can hear a voice", Sarah whispered down to him.
Seeing as an echoing voice was probably coming from the bathroom, she checked there first.

ViolinViolinViolin

CrypticWizard Posted: 11:54 Jan05 2016 Post ID: 3399292
CrypticWizard
+
As she headed toward the bathroom, she was able to make out what the voice was saying.
"Help me..."
Sarah opened the bathroom door to see a woman sitting on the floor. She was also identical to all the women downstairs. She was holding a wad of toilet paper to her left upper arm, and the paper was stained red. She didn't look up as Sarah came closer, but then Sarah noticed something else about the woman.
Displaying Page 43 of 66
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | ... | 64 | 65 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close