Your Account
    Log into your account here:
       Forgot Password

    Not registered? Sign Up for free

    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Avatar
go
Follow the dark path or use the light

Space

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

nightmare2 Posted: 13:38 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157076
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
AvatarMember
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 3,482
Post Likes: 41
+
0
+
Ya know one of the hardest things for me to wrap my mind around is space, outer space. I find it so hard to believe space to be unending, infinite. That some how it just keeps on going forever and ever, millions upon billions upon trillions of planets, moons, stars, solar system, and galaxies.

But what I find even harder to believe than that is that space DOES end, that all off a sudden there is a drop-off, wall or barrier and space ends. Nothing there. That everything is just stuck inside one giant orb and there is nothingness outside it. Like outside our little ball of space doesn't exist, not there.

You get what I am saying here?
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 13:41 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157078
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
AvatarMember
Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Posts: 14,761
Post Likes: 21
+
0
+
Now do time.
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
nightmare2 Posted: 13:43 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157080
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
AvatarMember
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 3,482
Post Likes: 41
+
0
+
Lol their both just as hard but I guess they do both deserve their own topic
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
stormform Posted: 14:31 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157117
stormform
Eternal Lurker
AvatarAdmin
Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 2,114
Post Likes: 43
+
0
+
It can be a hard thing to grasp but I have no need to ponder on it so I just choose not to.

Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:39 Oct07 2012 Post ID: 3157229
AvatarMember
Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 14,949
Post Likes: 148
+
0
+
The concept of endless space is really interesting to me. I've always enjoyed reading about space. It's kind of crazy when you think about how inconsequential we really are compared to the universe, or even just our solar system.


Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Pravinj Posted: 10:08 Oct08 2012 Post ID: 3157694
Pravinj
^Oh look! my username...
AvatarMember
Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 3,319
Post Likes: 60
+
0
+
Yeah, if we all suddenly vanishes (we as in humans) it's amazing to think of how little it would matter.

To put a funny twist to it: A man is small compared to an elephant, an elephant is small compared to a town. A town is mall compared to a city. A city is small compared to a country, a country is small compared to the earth. The Earth is tiny compared to it's solar system. That solar system is small compared to a cluster of solar systems. A cluster of solar systems is small compared to a galaxy. A galaxy is small compared to a cluster of galaxies. A cluster of galaxies is small compared to a universe. Really makes you feel not guilty about eating a box of doughnuts eh?


What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Email: pjchecksmail@gmail.com
~Avy and Sig by me~
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted: 00:02 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158168
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
AvatarMember
Joined: 9 Sep 2007
Posts: 11,381
Post Likes: 62
+
0
+
I like pie.


<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.


"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."


Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
stormform Posted: 01:38 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158203
stormform
Eternal Lurker
AvatarAdmin
Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 2,114
Post Likes: 43
+
0
+
42 'nuff said

Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted: 02:14 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158211
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
AvatarMember
Joined: 9 Sep 2007
Posts: 11,381
Post Likes: 62
+
0
+
42 pies.


<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.


"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."


Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
superbird5005 Posted: 06:18 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158271
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
AvatarMember
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Posts: 8,107
Post Likes: 5
+
0
+
Two camels in a tiny car with 42 pies

« Last edited by superbird5005 on Oct 9th 2012 »
badass
Hatershateme is bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted: 14:01 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158432
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
AvatarMember
Joined: 9 Sep 2007
Posts: 11,381
Post Likes: 62
+
0
+
Now your just being rediculous Speak to the hand


<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.


"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."


Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
superbird5005 Posted: 15:37 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158490
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
AvatarMember
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Posts: 8,107
Post Likes: 5
+
0
+
Im 4 realz
badass
Hatershateme is bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
nightmare2 Posted: 19:45 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158605
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
AvatarMember
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 3,482
Post Likes: 41
+
0
+
Feel bad for that poor car.

Prav said:To put a funny twist to it: A man is small compared to an elephant, an elephant is small compared to a town. A town is mall compared to a city. A city is small compared to a country, a country is small compared to the earth. The Earth is tiny compared to it's solar system. That solar system is small compared to a cluster of solar systems. A cluster of solar systems is small compared to a galaxy. A galaxy is small compared to a cluster of galaxies. A cluster of galaxies is small compared to a universe. Really makes you feel not guilty about eating a box of doughnuts eh?

I read somewhere, not sure where possibly in school or online, that scientists finally managed to look inside an atom. I would assume by looking inside they meant the neutrons or protons in the nucleus but what they saw looked EXACTLY like outer space. Thousands of tiny specks of light. They weren't really able to make it much bigger but the theories came up with were rather interesting.
Inside every atom is another universe, meaning out universe's end or barrier that signifies the 'end' of space could actually just be the nucleus/proton/neutron of an atom.
Kinda odd? Makes you wonder if atom smashing is really such a good idea. I'll try to find the article and post it for ya guys.

« Last edited by nightmare2 on Oct 9th 2012 »
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
dx_hbk Posted: 12:44 Oct18 2012 Post ID: 3162683
dx_hbk
Skeptic
AvatarMember
Joined: 12 Aug 2006
Posts: 8,974
Post Likes: 4
+
0
+
nightmare2 said:Feel bad for that poor car.

Prav said:To put a funny twist to it: A man is small compared to an elephant, an elephant is small compared to a town. A town is mall compared to a city. A city is small compared to a country, a country is small compared to the earth. The Earth is tiny compared to it's solar system. That solar system is small compared to a cluster of solar systems. A cluster of solar systems is small compared to a galaxy. A galaxy is small compared to a cluster of galaxies. A cluster of galaxies is small compared to a universe. Really makes you feel not guilty about eating a box of doughnuts eh?

I read somewhere, not sure where possibly in school or online, that scientists finally managed to look inside an atom. I would assume by looking inside they meant the neutrons or protons in the nucleus but what they saw looked EXACTLY like outer space. Thousands of tiny specks of light. They weren't really able to make it much bigger but the theories came up with were rather interesting.
Inside every atom is another universe, meaning out universe's end or barrier that signifies the 'end' of space could actually just be the nucleus/proton/neutron of an atom.
Kinda odd? Makes you wonder if atom smashing is really such a good idea. I'll try to find the article and post it for ya guys.


I think you probably read something and misunderstood what it meant. The phrase "inside an atom is an other universe" is often used by physicists to describe the world of the very small and the rule and laws of Quantum Mechanics. Proton and Neutron are made up of tiny particles called quarks. There are 6 kind of quarks namely, Up, Down , Top , Bottom, Charm and strange. Protons and neutrons are both made up of different combinations of up and down quarks, which follow the rules of QM and they are very different to the ones you encounter in the macroscopic world.

Having said that, space is interesting to study and in particular empty space, which is essentially a vacuum. But it turns out that empty space isn't really empty and you can never really have a perfect vacuum.

Physics is very interesting Smile.

^ That guy is GOD


"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

Reply Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

Please do not give out personal information on this forum.
By posting on the SuperCheats forums, you agree to adhere to our forum rules.
You must be logged in to reply:
Username:  P/ W:  
Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.
Forgotten your username and password? Click here to get it resent to you.
Click here to register for free.

Post Top
Click to close