Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The SuperCheats Times Newsletter: September 2012

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

superbird5005 Posted: 18:14 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158562
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
Post Likes: 5
+

Banner by Ozzo

Too many MVPs, people Brawling, and Slender. Why Slender?
Submissions, topics, more submissions, FIGHTING FOR VOTES! VOTE FOR ME IN THE BRAWL. Wait, never mind, it's over. NONE OF YOU PEOPLE VOTED FOR ME ENOUGH! I WAS DESTI Oh I don't care. I was happy with my fourth place finish. With the MVPs finished, and the Annual Brawl now over, it seems SC is going to be rather boring for a while. At least we still have the newsletter :D

So first off, congratulations to Keyblade21 on winning not only the September MVP, but the Members Brawl as well. So as I said in the Newsletter team, I will interview him for next month's article. Not this one however, I'm too lazy to do it for this month, but I'll make it more spicy. For his interview, send me some private messages on what you would like to ask him. Yes, this is similar to the Member Spotlight, but I don't care. Let's get you involved. I also am mentioning Keyblade a lot because he is also our new editor! So welcome to the team pal.

Slender man is watching you, by the way. Keep calm and don't look out the window.

~Contents~

-Shawn's Interview
-SuperCheats Achievements, Anniversaries, Birthdays, and Returns
-Pokemon of the Month
-JB's Special Pokemon Event
-Video Game Review: Borderlands 2
-Sports
-October's Gaming Release Dates
-Special Notice From Your Lovely Host
-Disclaimer

Shawn's Interview

Sorry, no Interview for you. No witty message for you either.

Article by superbird5005

SuperCheats September 2012 Achievements, Anniversaries, Birthdays, and Returns

Forgoten_Scars - 800,000 Points

Warrior13 - 4,000 Subs, turned 18 on September 3

Keyblade21 - 20,000 Teams posts, 2,000 subs

ChrisMaclean - 4 Years - September 14, 2008

Neptis - 7 Years - September 15, 2005

Glaceon - 4 Years

Sphynxx - 100,000 Points

steelersrock01 - Turned 17 on September 10

There were also several members that returned after prolonged periods of inactivity.

Those members are:

-linzo2-
Xtreme gamer
hatershateme
Twilight Warior
ChrisMaclean
Cyndevia
JOLTEON 42

If you aren't mentioned in this article you either didn't make a topic or I missed it on accident. My apologies.

Article by steelersrock01

Pokemon of the Month

Heracross

Data: The Singlehorn Pokemon. Heracross loves Honey, and it will use its prized horn to keep other Pokemon away from its Honey. It's a Bug/Fighting Type Pokemon.

Anime Appearances: Ash caught a Heracross in the Johto Region. Barry also has a Heracross in the Sinnoh Region Saga.

Video Game Appearances: Your Rival (Barry) uses a Heracross in Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Pearl, and Pokemon Platinum. Many Gym Leaders use Heracross at the Pokemon World Tournament in Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2.

Video Game Locations:

Pokemon Gold: Headbutt Special Trees on Many Routes (29, 30, 31, etc)
Pokemon Silver: Headbutt Special Trees on Many Routes (29, 30, 31, etc)
Pokemon Crystal: Headbutt Special Trees on Many Routes (29, 30, 31, etc)
Pokemon FireRed: Forest found west of Six Island (Grass)
Pokemon LeafGreen: Forest found west of Six Island (Grass)
Pokemon Ruby: North East Area of the Safari Zone (Grass)
Pokemon Sapphire: North East Area of the Safari Safari Zone (Grass)
Pokemon Emerald: North East Area of the Safari Zone (Grass)
Pokemon Diamond: Honey Trees
Pokemon Pearl: Honey Trees
Pokemon Platinum: Honey Trees
Pokemon HeartGold: Headbutt Trees on Many Routes (28, 42, etc)
Pokemon SoulSilver: Headbutt Trees on Many Routes (28, 42, etc)
Pokemon Black: Route 12 (Grass)
Pokemon White: Route 12 (Grass)
Pokemon Black 2: Route 12 (Grass)
Pokemon White 2: Lostlorn Forest (Hidden Grotto)

Training Information:

Warrior13's Heracross
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Guts
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Moveset:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Close Combat
Megahorn

How Most People Use Heracross
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Guts
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Moveset:
Megahorn
Close Combat
Pursuit
Stone Edge

Training Analysis: There is not much difference between how I use Heracross and how most people use Heracross. I like to go with Earthquake instead of Pursuit. Pursuit hits fleeing Pokemon hard, but I prefer Earthquake over it. That's the only difference, along with my different choice in items. I'd rather lose HP with a Life Orb instead of having to use the same move over and over until I faint or withdraw, especially when I'm in a Competitive Battle. I will admit that a Heracross with Pursuit has destroyed my team in the past. If used correctly, Heracross and Pursuit can be a strong combination. I will also tell you that I've defeated a lot of Teams with my Heracross. It's your choice on which moves and item to use.

Final Thoughts: Heracross can be a really good Pokemon to have on your Team. It has a Deep Move Pool and a High Attack Stat. However, Heracross hasn't become much better as new generations of Pokemon have been released. Most people that I know would rather have Scizor as a Bug Type on their Team instead of Heracross. As for me, Heracross has always been one of my favorite Pokemon. It's overall appearance has always looked cool to me. This is why I can't help but always have a Heracross in my Team.

Article by Warrior13

JB's Special Pokemon Event

(Host's Note: This article is outdated and I take full responsibility for it. I was not going to originally post it but it was requested to be here, so here it is.)

Latest Pokemon Event
Keldeo
Water Fighting

Obtainable in a Gamestop event
August 27th to October 6th
Available for the U.S.A. and Canada
Only for Black and White

Anime debut in a 15th movie

Once it learns Secret Sword it changes form
Ordinary or Resolute Form

Article by JOHNNYBOLT

Video Game Review: Borderlands 2

It's awesome. Go buy it for Xbox, add me, so I'm not lonely and can play with people.
Article by superbird5005

Sports

(Host's note: This too, is a little outdated, also my fault)

NFL:

The NFL Season has begun!

Main Story - The Saints Bounty Scandal: As most of you know, the NFL suspended multiple Saints Players and Coaches this offseason that were involved in a Bounty Program. It is said that many Saints Players put money towards a "kitty". The more "big-hits" and injuries you cause, the more money you'd make. Most people believe that Jeremy Shocky was the "snitch" who reported the Bounty Program, but Shocky denies this. As of recently, a court decided in the favor of the suspended players, which lifted the suspensions. Soon after this decision, Jonathan Vilma (A Saints Player that was suspended for the 2012-2013 NFL Season for his participation in the Bounty Program) decided to meet with Roger Goodell (NFL Commissioner). This meeting happened only a couple of weeks ago. Vilma denies all the allegations against him. I'm sure Vilma didn't expect Goodell to pull out a Sworn Affidavit Statement from the Saints former Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams (Suspended Indefinitely) that stated that Vilma was involved and at one point in time put in as much as ten thousand dollars. No one knows how all of this is going to end, but it doesn't look good for the players that were involved.

Warrior13's September Super Bowl Pick - The New York Giants over the Houston Texans

Warrior13's Surprise Team Pick - Arizona Cardinals (4-0)

Warrior13's Pick For The Worst Team - Kansas City (1-3)

NCAA Football:

The College Football Season has also begun. Alabama is dominating so far, but everyone knew they would. Top-Ranked USC has already fallen to rival Stanford. And everyone is wondering when Oregon will finally play someone good.

There have been many upsets so far this season (Notre Dame over Michigan State, Stanford over USC, and Pittsburgh over Virginia Tech), and there will be many more to come as the season progresses.

Warrior13's September BCS Championship Game Pick - Alabama Crimson Tide vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Warrior13's Surprise Team Pick - Northwestern Wildcats (5-0)

Warrior13's September Conference Champions Picks -
ACC: Florida State Seminoles (5-0)
Big Ten: Iowa Hawkeyes (3-2)
Big 12: West Virginia Mountaineers (4-0)
Big East: Rutgers Scarlet Knights (4-0)
Conference USA: Tulsa Golden Hurricane (4-1)
Mountain West: Boise State Broncos (3-1)
Mid-American: Ohio Wildcats (5-0)
Pac-12: Oregon Ducks (5-0)
SEC: Alabama Crimson Tide (5-0)
WAC: Utah State Aggies (4-1)
Sun Belt: Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks (2-2)

MLB:

The MLB Season is almost over, and the playoffs will be coming soon.

Main Story - The Washington Nationals shut-down Pitcher Stephen Strasburg after pitching about 160 Innings this Season. I'm not surprised they did this, since most teams do this with pitchers who have had Tommy John Surgery the year before. However, the Nationals better forget going far in the Playoffs now.

Teams That Were Surprisingly Good This Year: The Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals.

Team That Was Disappointing This Year: The Boston Red Soxs

Warrior13's World Series Pick - The New York Yankees over the Cincinnati Red (In Six Games)

NASCAR:

Like the MLB Season, the NASCAR Season is almost over.

Warrior13's Chase Cup Winner Pick - Jimmie Johnson

NBA:

It's the offseason right now, but it won't be too long before the season begins.

Warrior13's Thoughts On The 2012-2013 Season: I think the Miami Heat, Boston Celtics, and New York Knicks will be very good this year in the East. I think that one of these three teams will make it to the Championship. When it comes to the West, I think either the Los Angeles Lakers or the Oklahoma City Thunder will make it to the Championship.

Warrior13's September Eastern Conference Finals Pick - The Boston Heat over the Miami Heat (In Seven Games)

Warrior13's September Western Conference Finals Pick - The Los Angeles Lakers over the Oklahoma City Thunder (In Six Games)

Warrior13's Championship Picks - Los Angeles Lakers over the Boston Celtics (In Seven Games)

Warrior13's Surprise Team Pick - The New Orleans Hornets

NHL:

It is also the Offseason for the NHL.

Lockout Update: The NHL is currently in a Lockout. It has been said that the two sides are still far apart in negotiations.

Tennis:

Men's US Open Winner: Andy Murray

Women's US Open Winner: Serena Williams

Golf:

Ryder Cup Winner: England

Deutsche Bank Championship Winner: Rory McIlroy

BMW Championship Winner: Rory McIlroy

TOUR Championship Winner: Brandt Snedeker

Soccer:

MLS: Kansas City, New York, and Chicago are the top three teams in the Eastern Conference. San Jose and Real Salt Lake are the top two teams in the Western Conference.

Article by Warrior13

October Gaming Release Dates

10/2:
Harry Potter for Kinect (360)
NBA 2K13 (Multiple Platforms)
Resident Evil 6 (Multiple Platforms)

10/7:
Pokemon Black and White 2 (DS)

10/9:
Dishonored (Multiple Platforms)
Just Dance 4 (Multiple Platforms)
Fable: The Journey (360)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Multple Platforms)

10/16
Dance Central 3 (360)
Doom 3: BFG Edition (Multiple Platforms)
Dragon Ball Z for Kinect (360)

10/21
Skylanders: Giants (Multiple Platforms)

10/23
Forza Horizon (360)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Multiple Platforms)-The first one sucked, so will this one.

10/30
Assassin's Creed III (Multiple Platforms) My obvious game of the month to buy
Lego Lord of the Rings (Multiple Platforms)
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Multiple Platforms)
WWE 13 (Multiple Platforms)

Lots of games out there to get this month. Go out there and get them.

Article by superbird5005 and help from September's Issue of Game Informer Magazine

Special Notice from your Lovely Host

Alright. It seems that at this very moment we currently have a vacant position for someone to write Game Reviews. Write a decent review for a game that has not been reviewed by the newsletter, and if it's good enough, I shall accept it.
Now I mentioned Slender earlier. Slender is the current sensation for Thrills and nice scary stuff. There is a free game out there worth downloading of seeking his thrill. My special notice for this month is this: I hate the game, because it bothers me so much for whatever reason. I'm a pansy, I know. My reaction to the game is priceless, and I am willing to share it with you guys. So this is the deal. This is for the Staff and anyone else willing to join the team. If we get the newsletter out on time, I'll do it. Simple as that. Good luck

Disclaimer

This review was not intended to offend anyone and elaboration was used necessarily for enjoyable reading. Any attempt to re-create/rip this review will cause the staff and I to go after you with nothing, we'll just laugh at you for being offended and not care.

The Newsletter Staff

Superbird5005 - Host, Interviewer, Article Writer and Honorary Editor
Warrior13 - Article Writer
JOHNNYBOLT - Article Writer
steelersrock01 - Article Writer
Craizen - Article Writer (Absent)
KnockEmDead1996 - Article Writer (Absent)

If you'd like to help, please send your application at the e-mail below. Also, regarding the Special Article, we accept the Special from ANYONE. You can just make an article you think it's pretty interesting, and send it to us by e-mail or Private Message. If it's good enough, it will be posted, and of course you'll get credit for it.

For the above mentioned, or for further questions, e-mail me at or get a hold of me on my team

superbird5005 @ yahoo . com [remove the spaces]

« Last edited by superbird5005 on Oct 9th 2012 »
badass
Hatershateme is forever bae
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
superbird5005 Posted: 18:18 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158568
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Happy with the sports article and Pokemon of the month article by Warrior13. I'm really sorry JB about your article, truly my fault as I didn't know the event ended three days ago. I do love your article as it does involve special pokemon events and has hard to get Pokemon.

Other than that, sorry about the Interview and Game Review.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:31 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158572
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
You can still post the event article if you want, I'd like to read it. I really liked Warrior's articles. Decent amount of content for there ot being an interview nor a game review really.
superbird5005 Posted: 18:46 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158582
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Alright, will do.

Also need to fix the Pokemon Article as it is a little messed up.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Warrior13 Posted: 18:52 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158585
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
FIX IT NOW!!! jk XD

My Articles look so beautiful...

Another great job, Shawn.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Oct 9th 2012 »
superbird5005 Posted: 18:54 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158586
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
I can't separate the parts because you spaced them out xD Give me a couple of minutes
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Warrior13 Posted: 20:14 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158620
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I had to make it look good when I sent it to you.
superbird5005 Posted: 20:23 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158625
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
It looked good, don't worry. I just needed to fix the training information so it wasn't cluttered together and more readable. It wasn't posting the way you sent it to me.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Warrior13 Posted: 21:12 Oct09 2012 Post ID: 3158634
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Yeah, I tried posting it before I sent it to you.
sphynxx Posted: 00:13 Oct10 2012 Post ID: 3158702
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Late newsletter is late Speak to the hand

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
stormform Posted: 08:38 Oct10 2012 Post ID: 3158818
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
Following tradition... Good job nevertheless. Smile

superbird5005 Posted: 22:46 Oct10 2012 Post ID: 3159200
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Thanks guys.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell. I am enjoying the way it's turning out once again. I do want to get it back up to its popularity, but I don't know how to promote it. I want access to the SC Twitter account to help promote the forums and the community along with it.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

ChrisMaclean Posted: 21:59 Oct19 2012 Post ID: 3163319
ChrisMaclean
Kusanagi's Man
+
Someone forgot that in my anniversary topic that I noted that I turned 18 on the 22nd. :P

Nonetheless, at least I was mentioned which is okay to me. <3

Signature by your's truly~
Aura Kingdom IGN: ASarcasticMage Level 77 Sorcerer/Wizard
Hel_Sama Level 42 Necromancer/Sorcerer
Sarmus Level 61 Duelist/Gunslinger
Lzxa Level 60 Ravager/Gunslinger
JackiePotato Level 47 Brawler/Ronin
Jack said:Should put something interesting here but lazy
steelersrock01 Posted: 22:51 Oct19 2012 Post ID: 3163361
steelersrock01
+
Sorry about that, dude.
ChrisMaclean Posted: 08:16 Oct20 2012 Post ID: 3163506
ChrisMaclean
Kusanagi's Man
+
It's not really a big deal to be honest. I'd rather not let the public who visit on a regular basis know I'm becoming old as dirt. c:

Signature by your's truly~
Aura Kingdom IGN: ASarcasticMage Level 77 Sorcerer/Wizard
Hel_Sama Level 42 Necromancer/Sorcerer
Sarmus Level 61 Duelist/Gunslinger
Lzxa Level 60 Ravager/Gunslinger
JackiePotato Level 47 Brawler/Ronin
Jack said:Should put something interesting here but lazy
superbird5005 Posted: 13:33 Oct29 2012 Post ID: 3167435
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
As Hurricane Sandy is currently going through the East Coast, there is a possibility that the Newsletter will be delayed tremendously as some of the article writers and myself are on the East Coast and are getting pounded by the Hurricane and will most likely lose power for a day or more, depending on the severity of the storm going through. Yeah, the newsletter is generally late, but this is different.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Warrior13 Posted: 08:54 Oct30 2012 Post ID: 3167734
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Shawn: Message me when everything is good in your neck of the woods.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:23 Oct30 2012 Post ID: 3167739
steelersrock01
+
Looks like the storm's over with for me here in NJ. I got lucky; didn't even lose power and no trees fell.
superbird5005 Posted: 21:37 Nov05 2012 Post ID: 3169920
superbird5005
Shawn the Supreme
+
Ok, I've been a little busy. Newsletter will be out by tomorrow or the next day. Had to deal with the storm and crap.
badass
IT'S SPELLED Shawn

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close