Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Grand Adventure.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
penguinlord352 Posted: 18:32 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185902
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
Post Likes: 1
+
"Eh? But isn't it more fun to travel with others..."

Kira's enthusiam instantly dies down as the fox girl forgets her questions. Her ears are flat against her red hair and her tail is limply hanging just above the ground. Disappointment is evident in her very being.

"It is, right?"
Reality-The World RP (It's an MMORPG styled RP: it's never too late to join!)

credit to shay for the sig and Craizen avy.
I'm Sir Walter the Garnet Time-Traveling Assassin of the Gemstone Order.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Craizen Posted: 18:49 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185915
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
Marcus smiled, he adored the curiosity.

"Hello there Kira. My name is Marcus Kieran, a Maeric. It appears to me you are quite the curious Fox! Though your friend here doens't seem as friendly."

Marcus seemed to give Xavier a look at this, wondering why the man was being, in short grumpy, it's not as if he had been attacked, at the least.

"So what are the rest of you out here for? And yes, I find it much better to travel with people."

« Last edited by Craizen on Dec 19th 2012 »
Goemon Posted: 18:49 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185916
Goemon
Post Likes: 0
+
Xavier, while ignoring Marcus's statement towards him, heard the tone of the Kira's voice, but didn't turn around, instead opting to keep his leisurely pace toward the exit of the forest.

"Not for me, fox girl. Everyone's different. You do what you want to do, and I'm going to do what I want to do. That's how the world works." He casually raised a hand of goodbye to the three strange people he had chanced upon, now filling his mind with visions of a relaxing bath or, if he was really lucky, a juicy steak.

« Last edited by Goemon on Dec 19th 2012 »

"A TRUE MAN NEVER DIES, EVEN WHEN HE'S KILLED!"
penguinlord352 Posted: 19:00 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185926
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
"But...."

Kira watched him walking away, not knowing how to convince the Lycan to remain with the rest of them. She hadn't spoken to anyone since she first awoke unsure of who, what, where, and when she was. It saddened her greatly to see someone just walk off like that.

"And just when I thought...that..."

She leaves the sentence unfinished, disheartened greatly by Xavier's attitude. So much so, that she didn't even realize Marcus had spoken.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Dec 19th 2012 »

Craizen Posted: 19:05 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185928
Craizen
A'ight
+
Marcus finally maybe thought of why Xavier was leaving, the facial features clicking in his mind.

"Lycan...lone wolf mentality is it?"
Goemon Posted: 19:25 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185940
Goemon
+
Xavier frowned at Marcus's words as he walked, but still didn't turn around. Wasn't worth the time. What did this man know of Lycans, after all? He knew nothing of the once flourishing clan that inhabited this forest. He was not a lone wolf by choice. He just preferred to do the things he wanted by himself.

His frown soon turned to a pleasant smile as he imagined a nice bath, a nice steak, and a nice nap. He let out a sigh of contentment as if he were already there. He closed his eyes while he walked, which is why after not even a minute of walking, he ran into something cold and hard.

He took a step back and opened his eyes, and was met with a troop of armored soldiers, all with helms covering their faces.

"Halt, vagabond. You must exit these premises immediately, per orders from His Royal Majesty."

Xavier's brow furrowed as their apparent leader spoke.

"Oh yeah? Well, I was leaving anyway, but..." he let out a challenging smirk, "I don't much like people telling me what to do."

"Do you resist?" The troop, around seven soldiers in all, readied their weapons. "Bomshire Forest is now under the jurisdiction of Constant, and will be cut down to supply lumber for use in His Royal Majesty's grand plan. It is dangerous for you to be here, and it is also dangerous to resist. We have orders to kill those who do not comply."

"Come on! He's just a Lycan, why don't we just put this mutt out of his misery?" Without asking, one of the armored men charged forward with his blade, swinging at Xavier. Xavier ducked, removed an arrow from his quiver, and shoved it through an opening in the man's armor near his throat. A brief gurgling was heard as he collapsed, and finally silence as he stopped moving. With fire in his eyes, Xavier shot out a grin at the troop and started sprinting back towards where the other three were, being pursued by six very angry soldiers.

"Here are your foes, lizard-boy!"

Craizen Posted: 19:51 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185950
Craizen
A'ight
+
"Man is a fool, dragging others into his childish affairs. But that's what it is I suppose."

He didn't draw his sword, but slightly changed his a non aggressive looking stance to either allow him to dodge or attack if the soldiers felt the need to involve them in this mess too. He glanced over at Kira, as she had been the most affected it seemed by Xaviers actions and may not be mentally prepared for something like this.

penguinlord352 Posted: 19:54 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185952
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Kira saw the soldiers attacking Xavier and instantly got active again, sprinting towards them. A slight delay seemed to follow her, like an after image. Kira was muttering an incantation under her breath, repeatedly. She stopped and a replica of the redheaded fox girl ran into one of the soldiers before turning into a puff of smoke, through which Kira's metal gauntlet safely hit the man in the chest, shattering a small part of his ribs through the armor and driving the bone shards into his heart, killing him. This was one of the few things Kira remembered how to do from the start. How to kill, and how to use illusion magic.

"Forests are nice places. I don't want it to get cut down! Plus, you guys are being really, really, really, really, really mean!"

Each 'really' was accompanied by a different soldier dropping to the ground. Kira was using her own body as some sort of weapon. Her flexibility, if nothing else, was an amazing weapon. With her legs tightly wrapped around one soldier's helmet, she violently twisted, snapping his neck and then leaned back, bringing her weight towards the ground to launch the dead man into the next soldier. She even disarmed a few and stabbed them with their own swords. The look on her face was a sad one though, as though she didn't enjoy killing or knowing how to.

Craizen Posted: 19:58 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185954
Craizen
A'ight
+
Marcus seemed to put a hand out as if to be slight stunned for words but almost got a humorous smile on his face, falling back onto the grass on his back in a slight convulsion of laughter. Such a deadly little fox, not enjoying what she was doing but was doing it so well. He leaned up on his elbows, the soldiers not even making it quite down to him with that onslaught going on.

"I shouldn't be laughing but I am. I judged her well to soon, breaking my own rules...though at face value from before, I wasn't wrong per se."
Goemon Posted: 20:30 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185976
Goemon
+
After Kira's onslaught, only one soldier, the leader, remained standing. Two others had survived, getting to their feet shakily and standing behind their leader.

"You have sinned against the golden decree of His Royal Majesty! We shall not hold back any longer!" The leader spoke angrily, with no signs of fear. He knelt down and plunged a fist into the ground, which began to shake and crack around his gauntlet. The air seemed to lose its smell of freshness and take on a stench of death. Burrows in the ground started to form, and eventually whatever was causing them broke through. Much to Xavier's surprise, it was more soldiers, clad in identical armor and weaponry. Clearly, these weren't ordinary soldiers.

"So you're not human either, huh? I guess that makes this fight fair. Not my fault if you want to add more bodies to the pile!" Xavier's grin didn't dissipate. For the first time, he unsheathed his sword, the long, katana-like blade mounted at his hip. He shot forward with blinding speed, appearing somehow on the other side of the group of soldiers. A moment passed by, before every soldier the leader had summoned collapsed to the ground, most split in half.

Xavier turned around to smirk at his work, but was surprised that the leader wasn't quaking with fear. Instead, he lifted his fist into the air, summoning a purple aura. The soldiers who Kira had downed before, along with the ones Xavier had taken care of, reformed themselves and stood to their feet again.

The smirk faded from Xavier's face.

"What... what are these things?!"

Craizen Posted: 20:54 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185984
Craizen
A'ight
+
The smirk was gone as Marcus got back up. This was not right, and that aura...He hated to say it but was something dark, either provided with the gauntlet or the leader himself. His tribe personally expelled them. Necromancers, undead constructs, whatever they may be, they broke a balance.

"Tell me, are they marionettes and you their puppet master? Or has your heart dabbled in something much darker? Mr we have sinned against his Royal Majesty?"

He was fingering the sword on his back, prepared.
penguinlord352 Posted: 21:15 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185991
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Kira just kept flailing about, her movements killing the soldiers again as they got back up. Her attacks got more and more violent as the fighting continued she stopped respecting the dignity due to living beings, crushing their skulls and using them as weapons. She appeared to be crying, but it was hard to tell. She was practically bathed in blood by this point, despite the soldiers being covered in armor.

"Please, stop getting back up! I don't want to kill you anymore! STOP!"

Kira was definitely not handling the reviving enemies thing very well. If anything, she was terrified. Her survival instinct was the only thing that kept her moving. Lucky for her she's a fox girl and not just a human girl.

Craizen Posted: 21:21 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3185996
Craizen
A'ight
+
"Kira! STOP." The voice was definitely firm but caring at the same time. It was beginning to bug him, she wasn't fighting with a sense of knowing but that look betrayed instinct, the animal instinct anyone got when they were cornered. He was watching the reviving soldiers carefully though, as they didn't take advantage of the distraction.

"Just calm down and come back over here, please. I've hardly known you and I don't like that expression on your face. We will all deal with this together, then deal with something else later."

He looked off at Xavier on that last bit, the man still irritated him but he understand where he was coming from.

Balthair Posted: 21:36 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186003
Balthair
+
Watching as all of this action unfolded, Isingr silently thought to himself about how diiferent these few seemed from each other. The reclusive Lycan, The friendly Kitsune, and the fun-loving...whatever the other guy was, he wasn't really paying attention at that moment. But after hearing what the final one had to say about puppet masters, he instantly drew his sword, rather itching for a fight.

Credit goes to Yogi_Bear for the sig.
Goemon Posted: 21:38 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186004
Goemon
+
"I need not answer a dead man."

The leader of these reviving soldiers spoke darkly, with a sureness that was making even Xavier doubt himself. Maybe he should have kept running. The tall man in armor seemed unphased by his soldiers getting cut down over and over again.

"That's it, you smug *******! Kill the puppeteer, you kill the puppets!" Xavier surged forward, swinging his sword and slicing the leader's head clean off. It toppled, helm still covering it, to the ground, rolling a few feet before coming to a rest. The leader's armored body fell backwards and landed with a thud. Xavier spat on the downed leader, before turning around and walking away without a word.

After a moment, however, the body began to stir. It got back to its feet, before walking over to its head, retrieving it, and placing it back on his shoulders. A sickening series of pops and cracks was heard as he adjusted it, before he finished and turned toward the group once more.

"I am tired of these games. I must terminate you immediately, as you are a threat to the good of our cause."

The same purple aura that revived the soldiers surrounded completely the leader. The downed soldiers were then surrounded with it, but instead of coming back to life, they dissipated in an almost melting fashion back into the earth. Moments later, it seemed like an earthquake was shaking the entire forest. Behind the leader, the ground shook violently, fissures appearing as the earth began to buckle upwards. Emerging from the ground, shrouded in a fiery purple aura, was a tremendous suit of armor. When fully emerged, it stood almost as tall as the trees in the forest, well over thirty feet. The ground ceased shaking, and the summoned armor let out a terrible roar that blew the leaves like a tempest.

"For your sinful transgressions, your punishment will be a swift delivery into the realms of Hades."

As the leader again spoke, Xavier looked at the giant armor beast with an awestruck, unbelieving expression. Was he dreaming? He had to be, there was no way this was actually happening. His mind couldn't comprehend it.

penguinlord352 Posted: 21:38 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186006
penguinlord352
I'm da Pengy
+
Suddenly coming to her senses, Kira leapt off a headless soldier and landed softly on the grass beside Marcus, shivering slightly as she stared at her hands. She didn't want to think about why she would know how to do such things. That was one topic the curious fox girl didn't ever want to pursue.

"Thank you...but why is this happening? How can there be magic like this?"

There were tears streaming down her face; not out of fear, but for the men who she'd repeatedly slaughtered just now. Kira began to mumble an illusion spell out, but it sounded like a long incantation judging by her focused voice. It was her best effort to remain in control of herself, and it seemed to work to a certain extent. Her focus shifted to the monstrous enemy that appeared and her words sped up, given the urgency. Kira's face seemed more calm now, since using a harmless illusion spell was more comfortable for her instead of using her hands as tools of death.

I need to hurry.

« Last edited by penguinlord352 on Dec 19th 2012 »

Balthair Posted: 21:42 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186007
Balthair
+
Awestruck at the giant suit of armor, Isingr tried his best to steel his nerves and gain at least some control over the events happening.

"How are wesupposed to defeat that thing?"

Craizen Posted: 21:44 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186009
Craizen
A'ight
+
Marcus drew his sword and swung in an experienced arc, taking his stance, left foot forward, sword arm out and bent at the perfect angle, right arm back to guard the body. But damn this idiot. No,

I shouldn't think that. He didn't know. Face value, that last attack should have ended this.

"Anyone got any bright ideas? Personally I feel we should cut this guy neatly, take out his soul, if he still has one. But I'm not positive even that would take out that dark construct, whatever energy is fueling it and him is powerful on it's own it seems like. I still suspect without a controller though, it's going to be interesting."

He was stalling, he had no idea how effective his attacks would be against this thing.

Guy117 Posted: 21:44 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186010
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
What is your name?
Graidus
How old are you?
Your height and weight?
6'2", 165 lbs
What is your race?
Animi A race that is very closely connected to the spiritual world. Their bodies directly reflect their personality and spirit which means that every Animi can appear to be a one of a kind species.
What do you look like?
His body is completely covered in dark green armor made of an unknown material. This armor obscures most of his bodies features. His armor can be removed by his will alone as it can not be physically removed. When he removes it, it assumed that it transported to the spiritual world just like his weapons. When he is not wearing his armor he is wearing a blue robe with a hood which covers most of his body, only exposing his hands and feet which remain armored. He has a humanoid appearance but possesses a few reptilian characteristics and some unique ones. He has 3 somewhat long toes with claws and one more claw at the back of each foot. His legs are reverse jointed to some extent, meaning they naturally bend forward even if standing perfectly straight and can bend backward less than other beings. He has a tail the extends to the back of his knees. His five fingers are clawed and he has one spike-like appendage on each arm that extends backward from his forearms to his biceps. His head is the most unique part of his body. His jaw is quadruple-hinged and he possesses four mandibles (like the Elites in Halo). His eyes are green with a vertical slit on each one. He also seems to posses a third eye which is slightly above and between his other two eyes but it is usually closed. He also has a crest on his head is right above his third eye and extends backward and outward a few inches from his head. He also has another crest which covers his spine and tail. He has mostly dark green scaly skin but a few parts of his body are a lighter shade of green and are much smoother (his abdomen, chest, and the back of his thighs and shins.
What are your weapons?
A bastrd sword (longer than a short sword but shorter than a long sword. the correctly spelled name is censored here...) with a green hilt. It also seems to be surrounded in a faint green aura. A gold rectangular shield. He is also adept at hand to hand combat which he uses to follow up with strikes from his sword. He is able to summon these weapon at will and does not carry them around when not in combat.
Do you know the way of magic?
He is able to use able to use some form of magic that involves manipulating gravity giving him abilities similar to telekinesis but he can also do things like creating gravitational vortices which can potentially shred objects and people apart.
What is your view of the world?
Graidus has had experience with many different kinds of people and although many people can be considered evil there are those that are selfless and righteous that can counter the evil. Graidus considers evil to be necessary as too much good can lead to a Utopian society which in his opinion is not as good as it seems. He thinks people need to experience turmoil, pain, and hardships to truly be alive and experience a full life. However he knows that evil can cause great destruction is it is not counter balanced. He only awakens and interferes if this balance can potentially be broken in the near future.
How have you made your way to where you are now?
Some Animi like Graidus are able to potentially live forever but they must spend a considerably large amount of time in a state that resembles hibernation. Graidus awakened 21 years ago to familiarize himself with the world and enjoy the calm before the storm. When he awakened he had notices that most of his kind had vanished and the few that remained were scattered across the world. He decided not to pursue them and remained in the land of Kia. His people were somewhat recognized in Kia but were mostly deemed legendary. He became well known and respected in Kia after visiting Constant and revealing his origins to the royalty and citizens there. He also did a few favors for the royalty further increasing his prestige. For the last 3 years he has been traveling aimlessly across Kia awaiting for the time when his skills will be tested and put to good use once again.

« Last edited by Guy117 on Dec 19th 2012 »
Balthair Posted: 21:56 Dec19 2012 Post ID: 3186013
Balthair
+
He spares a glance at Marcus, now remembering his name.

"I was hoping you had a good plan of action. All I can think of is slice an dice."

Looking back at the suit of armor, Isingr lets a few small flames play on his blade.

« Last edited by Balthair on Dec 19th 2012 »

Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close