+
Reply Add Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Post ID: 3191483 Posted at: 31-Dec-2012 03:58:59
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Banned
Post Likes: 52
+
Tbh, all this is nonsense to me personally.

There've been atrocities commited under the of God.

It's illogical, and irrational for anyone, religious or not, to put things down to the presence, or lack of, God in communities and the sort.

Fact is; whether there is a religious presence or not, there will always be those individuals who will cause harm to themselves and others. That does not mean there is no God, or that "evil" is taking over. It's a tiny percentage of the human populace making headlines.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
+
Post ID: 3195595 Posted at: 05-Jan-2013 23:44:04
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 79
+
Yet again, religion is brought up into something that doesn't have to do with it at all.

And no, Obama, you don't look good quoting things from the Bible.
+
Post ID: 3196289 Posted at: 06-Jan-2013 22:41:01
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Banned
Post Likes: 52
+
I think he looked quite handsome actually.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
+
Post ID: 3199415 Posted at: 14-Jan-2013 01:41:28
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 261
+
I think Mr. Huckabee is a smart man. In my opinion, everything he said was dead on. We've (mostly Americans) tried to remove God systematically from everywhere besides churches, and then when something like that happens we wonder where he was. I don't really think anything we do is really his problem. He doesn't have to intervene. We as humans have screwed ourselves over, and we are just looking for someone to mop up the mess. If I were God, I wouldn't do anything either. People never learn until they have to clean up their own mistakes. If this world does end, I don't think it will be God who does it. I think we as human beings will be the ones who bring the end to the world. I don't see what's so bad about talking about God in public places. Religions are just guidelines to what each of our individual beliefs are. Most of us believe in a higher power, do we not? Why can't we all evolve to the point where we respect each others beliefs? Its ridiculous how people get offended when you say Merry Christmas. Hell, if someone walking down the street said Happy Hanukkah to me, i'd say it right back. It may not be my belief, but I owe it to them to respect their beliefs.
Well, enough of my ramblings. (Man I need to work on keeping topics together. I am all over the place.)

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
+
Post ID: 3199420 Posted at: 14-Jan-2013 01:47:46
daney
Post Likes: 0
+
God is everywhere.
+
Post ID: 3199592 Posted at: 14-Jan-2013 16:37:48
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 79
+
It's funny how the above two comments are acting like God is real to everyone.
+
Post ID: 3199809 Posted at: 15-Jan-2013 11:54:38
Craizen
A'ight
Super Mod
Post Likes: 17
+
Religious debates on the internet should a criminal offense
+
Post ID: 3199894 Posted at: 15-Jan-2013 17:49:04
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 9
+
Agreed Craize. Some people just take it too personally.

I agree with everything Mr.Huckabee said, but having only seen that video, I think the presence of God was called in a bit soon. The only real part God plays in this is the care of the murdered children now that they're in his hands.

Some divine intervention would have been nice. For a father who's children have disowned him, tough love isn't that bad of a call though. Having the morals and rules of life Christianity, and a number of other religions, instills in you be more widespread would certainly help, but certainly wouldn't fix the problem. There will always be that one unstable individual who wants to make a name for themselves by committing some unspeakable crime.
+
Post ID: 3200149 Posted at: 16-Jan-2013 20:04:11
Pathosray
Post Likes: 0
+
Too busy not existing.
In the grand scheme of the universe, we are nought but a temporary collection of matter adrift in space-time.
+
Post ID: 3200882 Posted at: 19-Jan-2013 12:22:41
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 22
+
Once again, somebody's trying to spin a school shooting to reflect court rulings and outcry over the use of religious figures in public establishments. There's been a whole host of school shootings in the United States even before this so-called 'War on Christianity' began, while the uptick in shootings can be ascribed to accessibility of weapons, increased media interest, and reduced mental health support and deinstitutionalisation. To say that it's because we asked God to take a back seat to other things just diverts our attention from the aforementioned factors, which I'm going to let other members expound elsewhere.

I'm not even interested in the debate over having Father Christmas in schools or a Nativity scene in the public square. They don't offend me; they don't necessarily mean that the state is trying to impose religion upon us.

If there's one thing I agree with Huckabee on, though, it's this: God did show up in the aftermath. It would have been better for Huckabee, being a former Baptist minister, to say that God doesn't leave when told to.
+
Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:

Subscribe to this topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums
Search this topic:

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

By posting on the SuperCheats forums, you agree to adhere to our forum rules.

BB Codes Guide

Please agree to the following Forum Rules to post here

1) Be respectful of others and don't abuse in any way other site users.
2) Please don't post personally identifiable information.
3) No linking to or advertising hacks, cracks, gambling or adult material.
4) Post with a purpose, i.e don't spam or just post a ton of smilies!
5) Remember minors also use this board, so be careful with your language.

I Agree