Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Looking for Forum Staff

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Team SuperCheats Posted: 03:53 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228006
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
We're on the hunt for some new forum staff to replace existing staff that have moved on or don't have time to visit SuperCheats so often these days. If you would like to join the moderator team please let us know here in this thread which forum you would like to moderate.

If you are an existing moderator and would like to be considered for a supermod position please let us know in thread thread also.

If you are a supermod and would like to be considered for an admin position please let us know in this thread also.

Please explain why you would like the position/promotion, and give us an idea of how often you are around our forums.

We also have a new position of Community Manager, basically it is to help with problems, clear trash threads, start interesting threads and try to get more of a buzz around our forums.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 05:04 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228014
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
I think Craizen is the only mod we have at the moment. .-.
stormform Posted: 06:27 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228023
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
I'll post my app later once I get on my laptop, I don't feel like typing out a long post on my phone.

Team SuperCheats Posted: 11:50 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228113
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
okay great - what we are looking for are active members that like being part of supercheats and will help to get some activity into the forum.

We'll do our best to keep our forum staff more motivated going forward with some ideas/incentives that we have up our sleeve.
stormform Posted: 15:21 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228182
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
Well, I might as well apply back for mod.

I would like the position because during these times of dwindling activity, I still try to post around where I can, and am often on when others are not. Throughout the day I browse the forums checking for new posts, and reply whenever there's something to reply. I feel like I am mature, and can handle the responsibility of a moderator position. I also have experience both from forums and other communities such as gaming servers.

As for the activity, I'm checking the forums all throughout the day in my timezone (GMT +2) so that would make it to 10+ hours a day, not constant of course but you get the point :p

I'm up for moderating any of the general boards, although I check the general chat, times, and gfx most often.

steelersrock01 Posted: 17:29 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228227
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Not too sure I'd like to apply for Admin. Do we even need more of those?

Anyway, sorry for not being around so often Rich. I've got some medical stuff going on along with school, but I still try to at least check in every day.
Craizen Posted: 19:33 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228271
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
I'm not sure exactly what I would do :(
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 21:51 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228309
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
steelersrock01 said:Not too sure I'd like to apply for Admin. Do we even need more of those?

Not really. At this point, we don't need much of ANY staff, but you were going to be promoted anyway. Cross would have done it long ago, but we talked and decided to hold off until things picked up - A lost cause for general boards at this point. You and sphynxx are always welcome to take up Admin. Cross and I would love having you two up here, even if there isn't much difference between our ranks as it is.
TestVirus101 Posted: 23:18 Mar25 2013 Post ID: 3228316
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
WTB edit - Looking for Forum Members*
sphynxx Posted: 01:41 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228340
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
Whelp - as with Mikey - Haven't been around much due to work commitments, but I am still very much dedicated to the site. It's given me some great memories.

I'm happy with being an Smod - but would happily take up the mantle of Adminship should you decide to Rich.

I do try to make efforts to check in at least 3 or 4 times a day when allowed. More so with more free time.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Team SuperCheats Posted: 02:49 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228346
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
I'm taking the reins now for a bit, so I making a decision here that we need more staff, a team of people that are dedicated to posting on our forum. We do need people that can help more with creating a site buzz and posting interesting threads not to just take a position for the sake of it and check in only occasionally.

So even if there are not too many threads to moderate we need to think about and get involved in trying to engage people to post in the forum.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 05:34 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228386
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
I hope you're taking them for more than a bit. I know your real life is every bit as busy as the rest of us, but it would be nice to see you around more than once every 6 months. The few conversations we've had in the 4 years I've been here have all been interesting. Bring some of that to the public threads already. D:

But like Test said, do you have any ways of creating a community rather than just relying on the one we have left? And why should people use this forum? What makes it any different than the other 50,000 message board systems left over from the pre social networking era? If you can answer that, I'll have something to say to people I know when trying to bring them here.
Craizen Posted: 06:37 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228397
Craizen
A'ight
Post Likes: 66
+
In this day and age really should almost drive a site focus into creating guides and pushing walkthrough content. Especially if the PS4 is going to have the streaming and upload features it's promising. Should get on it now, and integreate the forums into that. And on the whole topic thing I can try yeah, I've never been a good topic maker, just a poster, unless the topic was nescessary like in G&A or somethig fun in FanFic
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:33 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228508
steelersrock01
+
@Derek - If you guys think Sphynxx and I would be a good fit, then sure if Rich approves.

But yeah, as Derek said, how are we supposed to create buzz around here? Sure, we can create threads all day, but nobodies posting in them. We need to forge something new, not just try to salvage what we've got.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 14:41 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228514
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Can you expand on that post steelers? What do you mean by something new?
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:56 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228522
steelersrock01
+
I'm not exactly sure what we can do, but obviously what we're doing now isn't working. You can agree that we don't have much of a community atm, right? I don't see how just having people create threads will change much, since there's only 10 or so of the same people posting in all of them. What we need is a reason for people to post, something that the other thousands of message boards on the Net don't have. Whether that's done by making a push for more walkthrough/video content and integrating that more with the forums somehow, or by coming up with an entirely new, unique feature. 2008 is over: we've got to create a community, not just try to glue together the remains of the old days.
Dark Breloom Posted: 15:49 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228546
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
Steelers hit it right on the money. Sure, some people are gone because they don't have time or that they are bored of this site, but most people left because they have nothing left here. There's no point in staying on a forum with an outdated system that is trying to get every single game forum to be active - there's nothing unique here anymore. All this site is now is a jigsaw made up of the wrong pieces.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 16:40 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228565
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
What do you suggest Dark.

Very good comments coming out so far - just want to see what you guys are thinking.

Yes we have basically no community here at the moment, I don't know why as we get in excess of a quarter of a million people visit SuperCheats daily.

Is our system outdated? If so how? And can you give me an example of better message boards/forums and let me know why they are better.
steelersrock01 Posted: 17:37 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228583
steelersrock01
+
I don't think it's a problem with the site. It's just more that forums are a thing of the past.

If you'd like examples of other sites, check out IGN's board. They've got an alert system, where if somebody quotes your posts or mentions your username (with an @, like Twitter), you get notified. They've also got a like system for posts, which I think you've said you didn't like before.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 18:24 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228596
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
+
The problem I see is SuperCheats has never been a member oriented site. It's an information hub. People come here for game cheats and help, not to mess around on a forum. The forums have been glued onto the side of the site up until the VG boards were put up as part of the main site. Now it's just the general boards that are a tag-along.

The forums are a stale toy for most of us. We played with it for a while, but since no TLC was ever put into really changing it, people got bored with it and moved. This mainly applies to why the Teams community up and disappeared.

Now they're all stuck on PrimeLeap, and we're making sure that never happens there. I work on those systems 4-6 hours a day, so there's something new to play with when I release the monthly versions. Like notifications. Cross Stinger and I just started working on that system a few weeks ago. It's not pretty yet, but it works;

Ease of access is what makes people want to communicate. A lot of people have been bugging me about making a mobile application for PrimeLeap, since that's what really draws people in. You can't always be on a computer, and having a web only site isn't great anymore. Even if it's crappy, some way of interacting through Android/iPhone application would help. I'm about a year away from learning all the Java I need to make a proper application. I'm too paranoid about security to make anything right now with limited knowledge.
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 8

Post Top
Click to close