Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Technology and stuffs

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
stormform Posted: 04:44 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228372
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
So do you keep up with the constantly changing technology, TV's, phones, consoles, computers, etc.?

I usually get new stuff like that every few years, I'll upgrade my computer more often though.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Team SuperCheats Posted: 11:08 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228458
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
We got a new TV about 2-3 years ago, samsung 3D LED 42 inch or something, it's a good TV do no plans to change it, but it is frustrating that it is already outdated.

Same with phones, I got a galaxy SIII less than a year ago and already they are talking about the release of the S4 - no plans to upgrade, the S3 is plenty good enough.

I get through PCs like crazy though, they just either die or something goes wrong so am always updating those far too often. Just reinstalled windows on my current PC after thigns started to go wrong, and it's like a new PC again! Wahey - no need to fork about 1000 quid for another so soon this time.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
steelersrock01 Posted: 14:28 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228503
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
Kinda. We just got a new TV last Christmas for the living room, and I got one a bit before that for my bedroom. I also just bought a new laptop on Black Friday, and it's gotta last me a while. I get a new phone every few years. I've had the same one for several years now, so I'm upgrading on Saturday. Any ideas on what to get?
Dark Breloom Posted: 15:54 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228550
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
The iPhone is a good phone but the changes they make nowadays every generation are mediocre at best. Awesome if you jailbreak yours, though.

We normally get a new TV every few years and sometimes a new phone. Won't be getting next gen consoles for years, not really too sad about that though.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 16:35 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228562
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
s3 I prefer over iphone mainly due to the size of the screen and not being too restricted in where I get my apps from (i.e. not just itunes store)
steelersrock01 Posted: 16:40 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228567
steelersrock01
+
Yeah I'm leaning towards something Android, as I've already got a Touch. I was looking at the S3 but I'm a bit iffy on that because I don't know when the S4 is releasing.
stormform Posted: 17:00 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228576
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
S4 isn't that much of an improvement, but you are better off waiting until it releases to get the s3 when the price drops in my opinion

steelersrock01 Posted: 18:33 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228604
steelersrock01
+
Price isn't really a big deal in this situation, this is a discounted upgrade.
Forgoten_Scars Posted: 19:35 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228621
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
I buy things when I have a need for them. I still have my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket. I really like it over the SIII, just because of how it acts and feels. They seem to have gone downhill when they made the SIII.

A year ago I bought a 3,300 dollar Alienware laptop for SuperCheats. I was planning on making video walkthroughs, but ran out of money to buy the games. I also kept getting ninja'd by the guide writers, so I kinda gave up. Now I use the thing for programming, and it constantly kicks me in the teeth.

Having such a powerful laptop causes me to get carried away. I make these amazing things through Javascript that seem to work fine. Then I get a million complaints because no-one on a regular computer can run it. I can't see what normal people see. ):

« Last edited by Forgoten_Scars on Mar 26th 2013 »
Cross Stinger Posted: 23:04 Mar27 2013 Post ID: 3229034
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
I purchased a MacBook Pro after my old Toshiba Satellite Pro copped it after nearly five years of use — between installing anti-spyware programs and memory that could not be upgraded beyond 3 GB, I was rather happy to see it go. The MacBook Pro does have some slow moments as well, but it's generally been much faster than the Toshiba ever was, since I didn't have about twenty memory-hungry processes running all at once (including security software).

I've also had an iPhone 4 since Christmas 2010; I had the original for over three years before then. I will admit, however, that I kind of like Samsung's smartphones (and I'm considering buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab if I'm forced to buy a tablet).

My stepbrother, however, adamantly hates anything made by Apple; of course, he's a PC gamer. My younger siblings got an iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S for Christmas, even though I insisted that they get a cheaper Droid instead. They're 10 and 11 years old, and they already have access to two iPads. I don't get it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 15:14 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229214
steelersrock01
+
^My mom has the Galaxy Tab, it's pretty awesome. She doesn't really use it to its full potential, but it's still a great device. Really fast, awesome OS.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 16:13 Mar28 2013 Post ID: 3229221
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
We have galaxy tabs here for the kids - they are great, and a lot cheaper than ipads, easier to get your own video content onto them... etc... All in all, my preference for a table.
actionshark Posted: 05:49 Mar29 2013 Post ID: 3229373
actionshark
Post Likes: 3
+
I had an iPod 2nd gen that died after 4 years of use, and until the newer models are better I'm not looking to replace it. I've tried out the iPad 1 and though it's pretty cool to pass time I don't have an incentive to buy one either. I would actually rather buy an iPod 5th gen instead of an iPad, if I change my mind.

The Sony vaio that I use is about 3 or 4 years old. The video adapter and the RAM are it's strong points, at least they were top-notch when I received it, the processor isn't the best though capable of doing anything I need. The hard drive is it's weak point, with about 280 GB, that's why I have a 30 GB flash drive just in case. The BIOS is also with limited options, compared to other manufacturers.

As for my TV, it's an LG flatscreen that I received one year ago, I don't use it as often, though I do use the HDMI function to watch downloaded movies occasionally.

Team SuperCheats Posted: 06:00 Mar29 2013 Post ID: 3229375
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
actionshark! Hi! - Whats with all these old members suddenly returning...

... Anyway if anyone is considering a new PC and are based in the UK - try Chillblast , that's were we got our ones from last time, runs good and little or no bloatware.
Volke Posted: 06:43 Mar29 2013 Post ID: 3229381
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
^Chillblast? I will have to investigate that. I'm absolutely sick of laptops. I have two - a pretty good one I use all the time and a usable older one as backup for when something inevitably goes wrong with this one. My luck with personal computers is awful. Something always happens eventually. My dad has an iPad though and they look good. I'm quite tempted.

My TV is HDMI but I've had it for at least five years. Seriously thinking of getting a bigger, better one. I like to keep on top of disk-playing technology - I have a shiny new Panasonic Blu-Ray player, and also a Sony stereo with top quality speakers (regardless of what you guys think of Scandinavian Metal bands, they must be listened to loudly at high quality).

Have a 16GB iPod Suffle, the tiny one with the touch screen. Good headphones to go with it.

As for consoles, I'm not as much in a hurry to get them as I used to be. I only bought a PS3 Slim 360GB six months ago (my old 80GB classic PS3 blew out and I had to tear it to pieces to get the Toy Story 3 disk out of it, which was what I was watching when it blew) and I won't buy the Wii U until a new Zelda or Fire Emblem game comes out for it.

Phones aren't a big deal. I have some kind of Samsung Galaxy. Much as I like to keep up with technology elsewhere, I'm of the opinion that if my phone is up to date enough and gets the job done (and plays New Star Soccer) then I'm fine with it.
steelersrock01 Posted: 09:12 Mar29 2013 Post ID: 3229412
steelersrock01
+
I love that New Star Soccer game.
Volke Posted: 11:56 Mar29 2013 Post ID: 3229473
Volke
Executioner
+
Yeah it's very addictive.

Only downside is it's stupidly easy to win the Champions League, except with teams who'd actually have a chance IRL. Feels a bit, I dunno, like a token achievement.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 01:55 Mar30 2013 Post ID: 3229691
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Volke - if you don't like what is on their website they sometimes have different offerings on Amazon - that is where I ordered mine and Mark's, don't think he's had any complaints either. The CPUs are generally overclocked too.

Anyone got any of the newer consoles - Wii U, Ouya (just come out)? I think traditional consoles will have a hard time against the new Ouya and others that will follow as it gives a platform for developers to distribute more 'console-like' games to better compete more price aggressively with the traditional games publishers. $60 for Mario of $3.99 for a kinda Mario.
sphynxx Posted: 02:36 Mar30 2013 Post ID: 3229702
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
My laptop is about a year to 18 months old. Nothing flash at all. Just an HP Pavilion dv6. Does the job well enough.

Cell; I have a Motorola "blur" thing. It was cheapish. Basic "smart phone" which is all I wanted. If my income was a lot more reliable and substantial than what pittance I'm on now I'd probably get a Glaxay S3 or S4.

Have a PS3 320GB as well. Had an oldschool phat 40GB before that.

TV is a 42in Plasma with full HDMI etc.

Also iPod Touch 4th gen.

Have some half decent, if slightly outdated tech though.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Volke Posted: 04:23 Mar30 2013 Post ID: 3229742
Volke
Executioner
+
I looked up the Ouya and it does seem like it may well be something that can compete with the big guns in the future. Might be worth investing into.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close